FE10 Tierlist 2017

Jill is ridiculous. After a bit of a rough time with her bases (and no trouble at all with transfers, which is easy because Jill also is awesome in PoR), she becomes the great savior of the DBs. All of their chapters are heavy on terrain, all of which Jill can ignore. Give her paragon and her brave axe and she can sweep up 3-6 for a massive boost in EXP. Axes in general are a great weapon type. Her only weakness is the rare thunder mage, because for some reason they removed the arrow weakness of dragon riders. At endgame she even gets the magic 34 speed. Seriously a great unit and a must-train for the DBs. 10/10 unit in my eyes, basically Haar lite only on and manages to surpass him by part 4 (but then you can pair them up in the desert and that's great too).

Zihark: Prepromote swordmaster. Kind of suspect durability for his level starting out but he's got a good affinity and is a welcome offensive presense who doesn't require much investment compared to the tier 1s who came before him. I would call him pretty good but not essential in the way Sothe/Volug/Nolan/Jill are.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill: Her Str/HP could be better, but they could also be worse: she's lucky that forged iron makes weapon weight not the issue for her that it looks like it was on paper in the J version. Also she's rarely 10/10 level dominant since she's pretty much always playing catch-up for level-gain compared to first the OP units of part 1-3, and then various others in Part 4. But she's in a broken class, has good overall stats (spd/def in particular) and is good all the way through to the end of the game. 9/10.

Zihark: A dodge-based unit in a path where dodging isn't really that much of a thing, and Volug's a better choice for it anyway. But... still a prepromo, still good throughout part 1 and 3 if less so than certain amazing units, and has good endgame potential, arguably the best endgame sword-user depending on what you're looking for because his evade gets so batty. 7.5/10

When you say you rated Meg very low, do you mean "gave her a big fat goose egg"?

Nah, I gave her a 3. She's really bad, but I've heard of people training her up and finding some use for her anyway.

Jill: Best unit in Dawn Brigade not as good as Haar but what does that matter she is not competing with Haar anytime outside of part 4 which is just a royal parade anyways. 9.5/10.

Zihark: right below Nolan he is good but loses points for being a bit fragile he is better then Edward but only just... overall 8/10

Tauroneo

Growthrates (%)

HP: 55

Strength: 40

Magic: 5

Skill: 65

Speed: 50

Luck: 20

Defense: 45

Resistance: 50

Skill: resolve

Affinity: thunder

Tauroneo is a general with solid bases and good growthrates. His major problem is his availibility. In 1-6 he only sucks up the experience for being totally overleveled. However you can still use him as shield or panic button. After that he’s not available until 3-12, a chapter he can’t do all that much because he starts apart of the others. He can only be placed on the ledge to hinder the enemies to climb the mountain. With his base speed he’s not able to double any mages (only possible in easy mode). so he won’t get much experience in this chapter.

In 3-13 he has much more uses because he can serve as a wall quite well. With his defense he can take two hits by S-strike tigers and can even double them.

In part 4 he’s forced in Tibarn’s group, the best one probably. However 4-2 has awkward terrain for him, so he’ll be left behind fast. In 4-5 he can do some stuff if he’s promoted. As a general he wouldn’t take two hits by tigers anymore.

Tauroneo’s very low availibility ruins his good growths. If he was playable in 3-6, he could become a serious contender for Gatrie as being the best general / marshall in FE10.

At least he does his job decently in the chapters you’re forced to bring him.

Resolve is a great skill but other people can make much better use of it than him. Therefore he's a very good contender of inbue in 3-13.

5 / 10

Fiona

Growthrates (%)

HP: 45

Strength: 40

Magic: 15

Skill: 40

Speed: 60

Luck: 55

Defense: 55

Resistance: 50

Skill: inbue, savior

Affinity: earth

Fiona has the same problem as Meg. She joins underleveled. However unlike Meg she has worse bases based on her level. 8 strength at level 9 is just awful. Even a forged iron lance won’t help her much. Also with her 10 base speed she’ll get doubled by everyone who isn’t a knight or mage. Soldiers, archers and fighters will oneround her. Since you don’t have any speedwings at this point you’d have to waste bexp. on her.

Another issue is that she can make use of her entire movement one single time in the DB chapters in 3-12. In 3-6 she can do it too but she’s not able to cross the swamp. In 3-7 and 3-F she suffers on movement penalty.

Awful signs to use her!

It’s a shame since her growthrates are really good. She can become a fast and tanky cavalier. If her bases were better (>=10 strength, 12 speed), she would be usable even in hard mode.

Furthermore she has two useful skills and earth-affinity. Theoretically you could establish two earth-earth-supports…….. theoretically…

2 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Tauroneo: He starts off pre-promoted and can promote in a short time, and he has high speed for his class and stuff... BUT YOU CAN BARELY EVER USE HIM. :( 5/10

Fiona: Oh my god she's bad. And it's sad because I like her a lot and would have used her more if she wasn't so bad! On paper she seems great, those growths are pretty nice, but her bases and join time suck ass. Paladins/Gold Knights/Silver Knights aren't as good here as they were in PoR in general either. 2/10

Edited by Anacybele

Tauroneo: 4/10. His bases are pretty neat... but he hardly has any playtime, and he steals exp in part 1.

Fiona: 2.5/10. She starts severely underleveled, with bad bases, and unable to make the most of her movement for most of her chapters, but actually grows into something semi-respectable.

Tauroneo is very useful the entire time he's on the DBs. However he's fairly immobile and his class makes long term use a bad idea. His availability in part 1 is also somewhat spotty. Nothing about him is really bad otherwise, but since he can't really grow throughout the DB chapters he always starts part 4 underleveled. Still, with a javelin you can toss him into the fray without much worry. However, with the way DB maps are designed, general is truly a terrible class to be.

Fiona. If armor knights have it rough, the lone cavalier might have it even worse. She comes underleveled, with poor bases, a weapon that weighs her down, and has some of the worst availability in the entire game so she doesn't even have time to grow. In some maps where she can be deployed, she can't enter half the tiles! On paper it would seem she could be good, being blessed with Imbue and Savior, a great defensive affinity, and what is normally regarded as a good class, but in practice she's nearly impossible to use until part 4. How exactly you train her for part 4 is a herculean task. She is pretty much unusable and a waste of time outside of Easy mode, and even then she's very unimpressive though she turns out better than Meg in the far, far future. However that's not anything to brag about. IMO the only unit worse than Fiona is Lyre.

Nah, I gave her a 3. She's really bad, but I've heard of people training her up and finding some use for her anyway.

Okay then. I was curious because I know she had gotten some zeros, as I had predicted would be the case (but what can you expect when you're practically unusable outside of easy mode?).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Tauroneo

He's outclassed by both Brom and Gatrie...but he's better than Meg! His bases are okay, I suppose, and for the first little bit of the game he can be useful. However, you're better off giving the kills to units like Jill or Nolan. And he falls behind thanks to poor availability.

4.5/10

Fiona

Everything that needs to be said about her has been said. She's BAD. Quite possibly the worst unit in the game...maybe.

2/10

Tauroneo - His stats look great for DB, then Resolve kicks in, and all hell breaks loose. While Resolvetanking is risky, it's how I limped past 3-12. His availability is bad, which balances out how broken he'd be if he had Jill levels of screentime. 6/10, with a bit of bias for being badass.

Fiona - Welp. They made a cavalier suck worse than Matthis. Early on, she can't take advantage of her movement, and then she comes back behind on everything. Being Yet Another Growth Unit hurts in the DB, because there's only so much experience (no we are NOT boss abusing). Poor girl, she had an interesting premise, too. 1/10

Tauroneo: While certainly capable where he is available he mostly just sucks up your XP due to his strange availability issues, not as bad as Tormod in the category but certainly not preferable. 5/10

Fiona: What were the developer smoking when they made Fiona I want to know, because she is like the worst cavalier in existence! She even comes at semi decent level, but her bases are so horrible it's not even funny, and not only that but she's given strange availability issues in part one for no reason. But I will give Fiona a single point more then Meg for the existence of Savior on her person and being able to take it off her and give it to someone better. 2/10

Tauroneo - Hm. This one is tough. He's pretty helpful when he's around...for four maps before part 4. And even then, due to bad mobility, he's not that great. But he puts in work without giving the player any extra work, so 6/10 seems fair.

Fiona - She starts even worse than Meg, but, while it takes a while, she does eventually feel rewarding to use. She would have potential if she actually had maps to make use of her good class, but since I can do things with her if I really, really want to, I'll give her 2.5.

Tauroneo - Hm. This one is tough. He's pretty helpful when he's around...for four maps before part 4. And even then, due to bad mobility, he's not that great. But he puts in work without giving the player any extra work, so 6/10 seems fair.

Fiona - She starts even worse than Meg, but, while it takes a while, she does eventually feel rewarding to use. She would have potential if she actually had maps to make use of her good class, but since I can do things with her if I really, really want to, I'll give her 2.5.

Pretty much the same thoughts I have about Tauroneo, but I will give Fiona a 1/10 because scaling. I don't think I'll give any unit a lower score than her (maybe Lyre? idk) because her situation when joining is just too terrible and I try to use the full 10 point scale. She can be trained up (I did on normal mode) and will be actually quite good when she catches up on levels, but it's a really painful process.

Tauraneo - the first time I played this game, i horribly neglected training any of my tier 1 DB'ers, relying so much on sothe, volug, zihark, and later nailah to clear part 1. so i was pretty much screwed by part 3, but tauraneo (along with black knight's little surprise appearance in 3-6) ended up being a massive saving grace here. so even though he's hardly around, he's really useful when he is, so i'm going to be generous here. 6/10

Fiona - only good for stripping imbue and rescue on to some of the other characters. and the javelin i guess. bases are really bad, she's not available in some of the part 1 chapters, and the maps she is available are indoor and hostile to her. don't know what the game was thinking. you could train her, but unless it's easy mode the exp is better off on the others. 1/10

Tormod

Growthrates (%)

HP: 50

Strength: 55

Magic: 40

Skill: 45

Speed: 55

Luck: 25

Defense: 35

Resistance: 45

Skill: celerity

Affinity: fire

Tormod is the biggest victim of FE10's availibility problem. He starts at level 5 second tier in 1-7 and he's usuable for three maps till the end of part 3. Maybe he'll gain a level. After that he's off with Muarim and Vika till 4-3, the final map before the endgame. He'll have the exact same stats when he left the DB.

This is his major problem. With his bases he's an easy target for the enemies. Will be doubled by pretty much everyone who's not a mage.

It's possible to train him by giving him paragon but it's very effortful and 4-4 is a rather tough map which features a huge number of reinforcements.

Also there's no real point in training him since you have already Sanaki in the endgame who's forced. Sure Tormod might be a better potential user of Rexfire while Sanaki could use Cymbeline, but Sanaki with bexp. and dragon support can use Rexfire without much speed issue too.

It's a real shame what FE10 did to Tormod since he's one of the most likeable characters in the game for me.

At least she has a splendid performance in part 1.

Celerity belongs to Rafiel when you get him.

4.5 / 10

Muarim

Growthrates (%)

HP: 60

Strength: 55

Magic: 5

Skill: 45

Speed: 20

Luck: 55

Defense: 35

Resistance: 30

Skill: -

Affinity: thunder

Muarim shares the same problem with Tormod about his availibility. However unlike him and Vika he's the only one who can withstand the enemies in 4-4 and is serious trainable if you want. With his 30 base defense he can take a few hits and with his 22 speed he'll be only doubled by physical enemies in hard mode. In EM / NM he's really good and in HM not too bad either.

His growthrates are rather good for a Laguz aside of speed. He can be even endgame material if you're lucky with his speed.

All in all he's usable in all the chapters he's forced, even in 4-4.

5 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Poor Tormod... absolutely murdered by availability and also hammered with a pretty sad growth rate in magic compared to other mages. You could train him in Easy mode, but he comes back so late that the only real contribution he could have after he leaves is in the tower, with a minor training montage in 4-4. If you do use him, you'd have to go back to base when he rejoins, slap on Paragon, and let him arcfire and meteor some chumps from afar but chances are if you want to use a fire magic user, you'd be better off with Calill since she has better mage growths anyway and more availability to actually get her SS rank in tomes. At least in part 1 he's really, really good and I generally replace Ilyana with him since neither of them are going anywhere in the long term.

Muarim's bases are so beastly it actually doesn't matter that he just ups and disappears for as long as Tormod and Vika. Whereas Tormod is a pain and Vika is nearly unusable, Muarim is still taking big chunks of out people while transformed. Great on the DBs, still good in the endgame, though he will still probably hit the bench in favour of the units you've been training this whole time. He's no royal, after all.

2/10 for Tormod. Sure, he's good in part 1, but there's that problem about stealing experience from units who need it more, and he gets rekt by his availability (or lack thereof), since he comes back in 4-4... the same level as he was once part 1 ended. If you really wanted someone to use Rexflame, just use Calill instead.

6/10 for Muarim, His bases are good enough for him to be usable even in part 4, which is more than can be said of his LEA compatriots.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Tormod

You are literally better off training Meg than using Tormod thanks to his atrocious availability and bad stats once you FINALLY get him back.

2.5/10

Muarim

Not the best Laguz, but a decent one. He has that same awful availability that Tormod has, but he's a much better unit. If you really want to, you can actually train and use him.

6/10

Tormod - My theory with these three is that they were meant to join Ike's group at some point in part 3, maybe 3-4, but the devs completely forgot about them and didn't have a choice but to put them back in 4-4. So sad. But he's good in part 1 so 5/10 I guess.

Muarim - Same as Tormod but a bit better so 6/10.

tormod - another "what the hell were the devs thinking" character. he's terrific in part 1, especially the outdoor map with the poison weapons. and then when he comes back in part 4, you have to put a lot of effort into making sure he doesn't get himself killed. but his strong part 1 performance really does count for something, since he's really appreciated where he exists. 5/10

muarim - same, basically, except he can actually hold himself really well in part 4, so 5.5/10