Fire Emblem Direct: Direct Links, Info Collection, Reveal & More

Elieson

God damn Fire Emblem is so popular lol

Also Rip Vincent, you will have to add like 3 to 4 new games on the forum.

Edited by Nym

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! That Gaiden remake looks awesome!

Kinda bummed that we didn't get more on Warriors, but a release date is cool. New 3DS will hopefully put people's expectations in check.

I think this is the first time I've felt excited for a mobile game. That art was awesome!

Well, this certainly didn't dissapoint!

It's great to know FE:W will be on 3DS as well. Not that I wasn't convinced to get a Switch somewhere down the road anyway, hahahaha.

i never had any interest in gaiden but that remake looks amazing. 

mobile game sounds like a cheap/low-end grind and smash em up thing but it will be a good time killer on my train commutes to work

2018 sounds super early for fe15 so that's very exciting, though hope we don't get a trash story like fates 

As long as the FE2 remake doesn't force in kids and waifu shit again, I'll be happy.

Can't wait to see what the censorship, err I mean localization, will do this time.

Great, more reason i should have got a new 3DS.

Anyway, that Gaiden remake looks epic. I was hoping for more Warriors info, but a release date's fine. The app lools decent too.

2 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Okay. want to learn more about FE Mobile?

The site is live : https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/

Registration are open tomorrow. And man. This was a short direct. But we get some nice intel.

From Lyn's description: "Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade"

Well, I guess that's one way to translate it.

I'm...not at all amused over the short time spend on Fire Emblem Warriors. Well...its actually kind of funny in some way but perhaps announcing this direct at the same time as they announced Fire emblem Warriors was setting up wrong expectations. 

But we are getting a new Fire emblem game very soon. That's pretty great. When it comes to remakes I do believe there's some explaining to do for choosing Valencia over Jugdral but the remake looks interesting enough for that to be forgiven. Now I just hope that unlike shadow dragon this one remembers its supposed to bring an old game up to par with the rest. 

OMFG guys so much to me. I'm so fascinated and hyped with what the direct showed us today.

GAIDEN remake so much happy. The illustrations look awesome so far.

WARRIORS Chrom so stronk. Although nothing else was said.

FE15 for Switch on 2018 HYPE

FE Heroes looks tremendously amazing. I LITERALLY LOVE FE. However it is basically Phantom of the Kill 2.0, the same gameplay and mechanics. Each hero has star versions, where they evolve rarity through in game resources to become more powerful and learn new skills and such. And my goodness, the choose your legend poll REGISTERING TOMORROW ASAP

Yes, Gaiden remake is happening. I do like the new art work style for Echoes, Heroes, and Warriors.

I'm surprised that they managed to get new English voices for past Fire Emblem characters in Heroes, also, I wondered if they'll show off more on to Echoes and Warriors as well?

Everything looks great. Already went to the site and found out: there's official English names for every single character in the entire series, even for Gaiden/Thracia. That's extremely great, though accurate fantranslators will probably not enjoy changing all of their names again.

Definitely want to buy Echoes.

Why is Othin Osian though when Awakening already used Othin

Edited by Freyjadour

I never thought i'd see Fire Emblem Gaiden being remade. I never thought i'd actually be interested in Gaiden either, but what i've seen proved me wrong.

Fire Emblem mobile has my interest. I'm especially interested in the new looks and voices of characters.

Shame that they barely showed anything about Fire Emblem warriors though. The game did look pretty, but I was expecting new characters.

I'm so glad Gaiden is getting remade, it's the only game in the franchise I haven't played yet through any means, so having that available finally will be perfect for me.

As for Heroes, it sounds interesting in that it's kind of like a crisis crossover game that brings in all of the favorites from previous games to battle it out. It's an interesting concept, though I'm curious to see what maps they come up with as even with all of those characters, it won't be as attractive if the gameplay isn't that memorable.

8 minutes ago, Ycine said:

FE MOBILE is named Fire Emblem Heroes! We play a Summoner who uses he/she's gun to summon Legendary heroes.

It's looking quite good. And Anna confirmed (Axe User).

It has the same system as many mobile game. We pull "orbs" and gain characters. Just hope that it will not be as painful as in OnePiece Treasure Cruise or other game of the same genre. 

Alright, time to talk everyone's ear off about mobile.  Source: I play multiple games in this genre.

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Heroes looks promising.  The pay prices look about standard so far.  Whether or not it's actually balanced will remain to be seen - I'd need to see mission drops/rewards and how much stuff it takes to Do Things in-game (not just the example shown).

The pull system remains to be seen - how will they handle duplicates?  What about inventory space (sorry FE units)? How hard will it be to up rarity?  I like the decreasing cost, as well as the "filter" for pulls, but how does the filter reset?  Will we be stuck with orbs we don't want, or can we reset them?

If they stick to the usual FE mechanics, then calculating stat impact shouldn't be too bad.  I'm a little miffed that promotion wasn't shown (not that rarity crap, the ability to give Stahl full weapon triangle control), and I'd love to see what the growth rates are.

Overall, it's a good start.