Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Birdy said:

I think it was reported in another thread. It's 3% for 5 star heroes (as far as we know from the site that reported it). When you get to the summon page in the game, it has a button called 'appearance rate'. It's likely you can see the pull percentages there.

Oh yeah, the appearance rate was certainly there, now that I think back... 3% huh? That's quite low, but not too unfortunate. Still better than Brave Exvius

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Come to think of, I didn't see rentingĀ in the trailers... unless it was there and I completely missed it, but yeah, I somewhat expect renting as well. Get them strong whale friends to do the heavy lifting, if necessary.

Though, what I want, is to know the rates for each rank, most of all.
I mean, it's not possible to get worse than Brave Exvius, but still

Afaik it hasn't been confirmed nor was it shown in the hands on experience some gaming websites posted, but it'd be pretty terrible and disappointing if we can't share our acquisitions by renting them.

= EDIT =

and I hope 3% would be pretty good on its own, as as far as I have heard it works like dynamic growths (?). Not the bitch rates in Mobius to pull Ultima/Minwu where a reddit user said he had to pull 12 GAS to get it. Literally Eww

Edited by Quintessence
Extra comments

Just now, Soledai said:

Oh yeah, the appearance rate was certainly there, now that I think back... 3% huh? That's quite low, but not too unfortunate. Still better than Brave Exvius

I actually quit Brave Exvius, partly because I didn't get a single rainbow unit in over 300 pulls, and because IĀ couldn't clear the 'normal difficulty' of an event with almost max 5 star level characters which I've been training for a month, which I really didn't find new player friendly...

I'm willing to wager that, unlike Final Fantasy Gachas, pull rates won't be as much as a problem since the potential roster is so much bigger, meaning that, even if we don't get what we want all the time, we probably won't be getting dupes or anything either, if such a thing is possible. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

36 minutes ago, Birdy said:

While I normally agree with that, I don't think it's very fair to give the game a 2/5 (at most) just because it doesn't have some of your favorite characters. They can't put in ~800 characters at the beginning, that's just too harsh ofĀ aĀ investment seeing theyĀ needĀ have voiceactors, artists, etceteraĀ working on those. Even if they had your favorite characters, there would always be people who wouldn't have their favorites in with a base line-up of a hundred characters. Would I be a bit dissapointed to not see any Jugdral characters (at the very launch)Ā in the game? Sure, but to deduct three out of five points for that...Ā 

It's not so much because it doesn't have some of my favorite characters, that's pretty ridiculous. The problem is that only a few games out of over a dozen are being represented to start off with. Like I said, I think it woud've been better to have a few characters from each game rather than a whole bunch from only three and then add to each cast from that point on.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's not so because it doesn't have some of my favorite characters, that's pretty ridiculous. The problem is that only a few games out of over a dozen are being represented to start off with. Like I said, I think it woud've been better to have a few characters from each game rather than a whole bunch from only three and then add to each cast from that point on.

Oh, I really agree with you on that. I think it would be more 'fair' (subjective I guess)Ā and would cater to more to more fans with that. I just don't agree and think it's fair to deduct that much points for it, when from what I've seen, the game hasĀ a lot to offer and people put a lot of work into them. I'd say give it a chance first and then decide if it's worth giving it a 2 out of 5 (or lower).Ā 

Just now, Birdy said:

Oh, I really agree with you on that. I think it would be more 'fair' (subjective I guess)Ā and would cater to more to more fans with that. I just don't agree and think it's fair to deduct that much points for it, when from what I've seen, the game hasĀ a lot to offer and people put a lot of work into them. I'd say give it a chance first and then decide if it's worth giving it a 2 out of 5 (or lower).Ā 

Hey, I never said I wasn't going to try playing it. I will see if I can maybe get Freddy or Ryoma on my team. Maybe Silas if he's in the game. Or Sain, if he's there. But I won't enjoy it if I end up with a bunch of characters I don't like at all. You guys don't want to use characters you dislike, right?

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not so much because it doesn't have some of my favorite characters, that's pretty ridiculous. The problem is that only a few games out of over a dozen are being represented to start off with. Like I said, I think it woud've been better to have a few characters from each game rather than a whole bunch from only three and then add to each cast from that point on.

Partly agree partly disagree. With a few games beginning with only sole cameos, that leaves the doors wide open for whole special event storylines focusing on their games' lore and history when they're added.

If of course, they fail to follow through on this potential, then yes, it will be a sad state of launch affairs. But it had a chance for greatness, in my opinion.

Ā 

Just now, Anacybele said:

You guys don't want to use characters you dislike, right?

You'd be surprised how much you can warm up to a character after getting their SSR. I never much cared for Sachiko, Chieri, or Mio in Starlight Stage when going through the character episodes, but after pulling them in July and October, they've really grown on me, and the same is starting to happen for Koume whom I got just recently. That said, there's a difference between characters you're indifferent toward originally, and ones you despise (like Kirari or Nina). I'd encourage you to keep a bit of an open mind, but do hope that you roll at least a few of your favorites to help hold you over while you warm up to a few of the characters you may not have ever really given a proper chance to.

Edited by Balcerzak

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, I never said I wasn't going to try playing it. I will see if I can maybe get Freddy or Ryoma on my team. Maybe Silas if he's in the game. Or Sain, if he's there. But I won't enjoy it if I end up with a bunch of characters I don't like at all. You guys don't want to use characters you dislike, right?

You didn't say that, but I was more referring to the fact that you already knew you probably wouldn't give the game more than a 2 out of 5 because of that. I hope you get some likeable characters though, I'll twiddle my thumbs for you! :3

18 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

I'm willing to wager that, unlike Final Fantasy Gachas, pull rates won't be as much as a problem since the potential roster is so much bigger, meaning that, even if we don't get what we want all the time, we probably won't be getting dupes or anything either, if such a thing is possible. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Record Keeper is an odd duck because you get relics instead of characters from the gacha.

That and you'reĀ very, very unlikely to get anything that's not featured on a banner nowadays. Although even in the past (Though not like...the first 3 months), things were more skewed toward on-banner than off-banner.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

2 minutes ago, Trashbird said:

Can we take a moment to talk about Arthur's character art?

what.png

Ā 

Sure!Ā It's amazing, superhero comic-y and so... him. If his full artworkĀ has dragon poop on his boots, it will officially be the best.

https://game8.jp/fe-fireemblem/useful/121151

USING MY SHITTY ABILITY TO TRANSLATE MOON RUNES HERE WE GO

New info on the dupe system regarding upgrading your characters.

"The limit breakthrough at FE Heroes can be done by reinforcing and strengthening the same characters from the hero summoning. However, even with the same character, you can not make a breakthrough if you do not have the same rarity."

"Status up:Ā By breaking through the limit, there is a high possibility that the character's status will rise."

"Remember learning skills: Ā By breaking through the limits, you may learn additional skills"

"In FE Heroes, it is highly possible that the character's ability will rise greatly by breaking through the limit, which may be an important factor. We will post the details after the start of distribution."

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Nice stuff, although I'm quite confused about the difference between limit breakthrough and status up? Is limit breakthrough rarity augment?

Breaking through the limit in this case seems to refer to raising the rarity of your unit.

Lets say you have two Three Star versions of Hector, they're both at level 20 and you have the items necessary to feed him.

You combine the two Hectors into one unit, that becomes a level 1, Four Star Hector, and so on.

They're the same thing but worded differently because of the source text.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Or status up may be success chance? Like fusion success chance?

No that doesn't seem right, it'd be way too many resources invested in the two units for there to actually be a failure chance of the rarity increase, and I haven't seen anything that suggests that might be the case.

I don't believe promoting will be the neccesary function to fuse two duplicates together. I'd put my money on that you can choose to fuse a duplicate (have to be at the same star rating) at any level resulting in higher stats and some abilities like mentioned. Will probably also have an icon like 1/x (x being the amount of times you can fuse a duplicate on that character).Ā 

Well, on the trailer we saw Lon'qu requiring 2000 white feathers (?) And 20 red emblems to promote to 4*. Don't know if it required also some 3* dupe Lon'qu or what, though. Maybe dupes are an alternative method to augment unit rarity, which imo would be kind of suspiscious.

Edited by Quintessence
Grammar