• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Nintendo sent out a tweet saying a 7AM Japan time release date for the 2nd. Unsure what time that will be for the US, or Europe.

EDIT: Not a tweet. https://i.reddituploads.com/412f3fbd3e4a4c35b030742723654e8e?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=09b82de4a29ed1d31abf258eb4a69c49

7:00 am Japan time is around 5:00 pm on the 1st for me, I think.  

Assuming I'm counting right, since I know midnight Japan time lines up with 10:00 AM the day prior in mine.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

7:00 am Japan time is around 5:00 pm on the 1st for me, I think.  

Assuming I'm counting right, since I know midnight Japan time lines up with 10:00 AM the day prior in mine.

In USA, I know that for the West Coast it comes out 1/1 at 2:00 PM, Mountain Time it is 1/1 at 3:00 PM, Central time is 1/1 at 4:00 PM, and Eastern Time is 1/1 at 5:00 PM.

Just now, Don't Blame Takumi said:

In USA, I know that for the West Coast it comes out 1/1 at 2:00 PM, Mountain Time it is 1/1 at 3:00 PM, Central time is 1/1 at 4:00 PM, and Eastern Time is 1/1 at 5:00 PM.

2/1. February.

1 hour ago, Don't Blame Takumi said:

So my math was right (I'm in EST).  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Gima said:

2/1. February.

Oops, yeah I meant that. Good job spotting that. But I'm so hyped I'm getting it a day earlier than I thought I would! Sucks for people in UK though.They get it 10:00 PM on 2/2.

This notification from Nintendo of America's Twitter Page makes me fear that Ike and Lyn were displaced by Roy and Lucina in the poll. Granted, Ike has no official art for the game, but Lyn did, and Lucina is featured over her. 

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/826194223745556480

FEHeroes.PNG

42 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

Considering Anna is in the middle of the picture, I think you are reading into it too much.

I don't know. Why feature both second places if it didn't mean anything? Granted, might still have some significance even if they still didn't took over first place.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know. Why feature both second places if it didn't mean anything? Granted, might still have some significance even if they still didn't took over first place.

If this is a three days left, wouldn't that mean that there would be a 2 days left and 1 day left poster too? I think that tomorrow they will post a "2 days left" and feature the first place winners, and the one day left will feature Alfonse and Sharena. However, I do not know who the third person on each one will be. It seems odd for them to put the so-called first place winners on a 3-days left poster instead of a 2 or 1 day left.

I'd be pretty thrilled if best male lord beat one of my least favorites, so I hope that it's the case, even if I don't care much for either Lyn or Lucina one way or the other, I'll just be glad it's not Tharja.

An honestly Roy isn't even completely useless in FE6, he's pretty serviceable early and in the Axes Isles, and at the very end since his promo gains are pretty huge and he gets one of the best weapons in the series (18 might, 95 hit, 10 crit, 1-2 range, +5 Def, +Res, can heal Roy if used as an item, the only thing really preventing this thing from cleaving the last couple chapters in two is the 20 uses, which can be expanded with Hammerne if the player chooses) locked to him.  This goes for Hard, as well.  The only thing really holding him back is the promotime and to some extent the swordlock, even though swords had their own niche in 6 due to the accuracy issues associated with axes/lances.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
I remembered Jugdrali Holy Weapons are a thing

3 minutes ago, Don't Blame Takumi said:

If this is a three days left, wouldn't that mean that there would be a 2 days left and 1 day left poster too? I think that tomorrow they will post a "2 days left" and feature the first place winners, and the one day left will feature Alfonse and Sharena. However, I do not know who the third person on each one will be. It seems odd for them to put the so-called first place winners on a 3-days left poster instead of a 2 or 1 day left.

I guess we'll see tomorrow if the characters change. Could might as well be that. Runner-ups, winners, and the main characters. Although perhaps the last two might be flipped. Since there's still one day of voting left, they might want to withhold showing the winners until the 1 day left...? Maybe.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'd be pretty thrilled if best male lord beat one of my least favorites, so I hope that it's the case, even if I don't care much for either Lyn or Lucina one way or the other, I'll just be glad it's not Tharja.

An honestly Roy isn't even completely useless in FE6, he's pretty serviceable early and in the Axes Isles, and at the very end since his promo gains are pretty huge and he gets what's possibly the single best weapon in the series (18 might, 95 hit, 10 crit, 1-2 range, +5 Def, +Res, can heal Roy if used as an item, the only thing really preventing this thing from cleaving the last couple chapters in two is the 20 uses, which can be expanded with Hammerne if the player chooses) locked to him.  This goes for Hard, as well.  The only thing really holding him back is the promotime and to some extent the swordlock, even though swords had their own niche in 6 due to the accuracy issues associated with axes/lances.

Lol you don't have to tell me, but he's not Hector/Ike/Sigurd levels of OP and BB is hard so he sucks, you know that ;p

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Lol you don't have to tell me, but he's not Hector/Ike/Sigurd levels of OP so he sucks, you know that ;p

Hector isn't that OP though, he suffers from the promo problems all the GBA lords do on his modes.  Tbh, the promotion trouble is an issue in pretty much every game that has one except possibly FE9, since Eliwood or Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, and Micaiah all have some trouble with it too, at least in my experience I wind up capramming them way before they can even think about a promotion.

I always thought it was kinda unfair Roy specifically gets picked on so much because of it.  ;~;

/rant

Silly Chibi, that's closed minded!

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hector isn't that OP though, he suffers from the promo problems all the GBA lords do on his modes.  Tbh, the promotion trouble is an issue in pretty much every game that has one except possibly FE9, since Eliwood or Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, and Micaiah all have some trouble with it too, at least in my experience I wind up capramming them way before they can even think about a promotion.

I always thought it was kinda unfair Roy specifically gets picked on so much because of it.  ;~;

/rant

Silly Chibi, that's closed minded!

Lol every time I make this argument Lord Raven comes in to pounce on me because muh LTC lol.

Honestly though, I couldn't agree more! I have heard the same tired song and dance for years now, and I'm sure you know as a BB / Roy fan, it gets old.

In context of games, I think Alm is the strongest Lord anyway.

Doesn't everyone agree that Sigurd is the best lord gameplay wise though? I can't say this myself since I've never played FE4, but I've seen a lot of people say the dude is OP and stuff.

Best lord lore-wise appears to be Ike though, if Old Hubba's words in Awakening are anything to go by. "Mightiest hero of them all"

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't everyone agree that Sigurd is the best lord gameplay wise though? I can't say this myself since I've never played FE4, but I've seen a lot of people say the dude is OP and stuff.

Best lord lore-wise appears to be Ike though, if Old Hubba's words in Awakening are anything to go by. "Mightiest hero of them all"

Alm makes it all the way to the end :p

Its definitely a debate for another thread, but some of it does boil down to more people have played 4 than 2. Sigurd also takes a little work to really get going, where Alm is the best unit in Gaiden from start to finish.

Ike's a cool guy, but Alm also slayed a god ;p

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Alm makes it all the way to the end :p

Its definitely a debate for another thread, but some of it does boil down to more people have played 4 than 2. Sigurd also takes a little work to really get going, where Alm is the best unit in Gaiden from start to finish.

Ike's a cool guy, but Alm also slayed a god ;p

Oh come on, taking Sigurd's death into account isn't fair. :( But you do have a point, there probably are more people who played FE4 than FE2.

But does Alm have muscles aka lots of physical strength as well as master swordsmanship? lol

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But does Alm have muscles aka lots of physical strength as well as master swordsmanship? lol

Semi Gaiden spoilies:

Spoiler

Maybe not so many muscles, but Alm was kind of portrayed as Duma's successor and was kind of a warlord who wasn't shy to and maybe even enjoyed the violence.

He'd give Ike a really really good fight.

I voted for him, lol (out of fear)

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh come on, taking Sigurd's death into account isn't fair. :( But you do have a point, there probably are more people who played FE4 than FE2.

Alm wrecks souls and gives 0 craps and what ChibiToastExplosion said so Alm all the way!

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

5 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Semi Gaiden spoilies:

Hide contents

Maybe not so many muscles, but Alm was kind of portrayed as Duma's successor and was kind of a warlord who wasn't shy to and maybe even enjoyed the violence.

He'd give Ike a really really good fight.

I voted for him, lol (out of fear)

when did he do that

i do not remember that at all

Spoiler

the only line of dialogue i remember that even vaguely implied that was "Don't worry, I'll crush these bastards" and even then that was at the last fight when he had to save several people's lives from an evil resurrected god who already beat them up quite a bit

Just now, unique said:

when did he do that

i do not remember that at all

Hide contents

the only line of dialogue i remember that even vaguely implied that was "Don't worry, I'll crush these bastards" and even then that was at the last fight when he had to save several people's lives from an evil resurrected god who already beat them up quite a bit

Spoiler

It's implied that Celica takes after Mila, who wishes to resolve the conflict peacefully, and Alm goes the way of Duma, war, and feels the only way anything will be solved is by fighting.

The parties had a chance to unite a lot earlier than they do, except for Alm and Celica's disagreement during their first meeting.

Alm also rushes to fight in the rebellion against Mycens wishes and never stops to consider otherwise.

Granted it's an NES game so a lot of it is reading between the lines, and I eagerly await to see Echoes' take on his personality. The whole "friends forever" thing in the trailer seems like they are setting up for the same drama/conflict.