• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

38 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

The Japanese release date is also February 2nd so it shouldn't be any later than 23:59 Japan Time.

That's February 1 for me.  I hope that it's true!

EDIT:

51 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Not sure! I'm trying not to sweat the wait too much but I ain't got much to do so it's hard not to =w=;; (Sorry bout the Ike topic BTW, didn't occur to me to report it... ;; I'll remember that next time)

You're voting for green-haired dudes, right eclipse? Are Nino's twins getting any votes from you? o3o

Yep!  It's either them or Lance, and Lance is pretty boring.  While an argument can be made for the Sacaeans, I see their hair as closer to black than green.

Edited by eclipse

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

EDIT:

Yep!  It's either them or Lance, and Lance is pretty boring.  While an argument can be made for the Sacaeans, I see their hair as closer to black than green.

I'll shoot some Raigh bias your way then ~3o Can't get to them with my own votes but Raigh is pretty cool.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

EDIT:

Eh? If it comes out Feb 2nd, 23.59 Japan time, how could it possibly come out on Februari 1st for you? xD

Personal opinion: The Shuriken icon is meant to signify "Hidden Weapons". Knives and Daggers will be counted as "Hidden Weapons". Ninjas definitely need their own weapon type, but it does not mean that it should be reserved for them. Counting Knives and Daggers among this definitely makes sense, as the only weapon type we have seen that works only for one character type, Breath Weapons, has that character type represented by a variety of characters across a variety of games.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

EDIT:

W-Wolt?

He has green hair too!  ;~;

1 hour ago, Coolmanio said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUcqH81aXqY

Meet the Heroes and Heroines pt. 2!

Ooh! Catria and Ursula's voices are perfect! All the art looks great!! 

Fae's voice sounds weird... She sounds much older than her physical age.  I always imagined her with a higher voice.

Also, JP:

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Fae's voice sounds weird... She sounds much older than her physical age.  I always imagined her with a higher voice.

I can't say as to whether or not her voice is too high or too low until I hear her do something other than grunt.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Look at the size of Tsubaki's nose! Holy crap! Am I just seeing things?!

Also, Catria's pose sure is something. 

Overall, I'm not really digging the art this time around, especially compared with the other stuff we've seen so far. Ogma's the worst with how badly they drew his muscles, but most everyone else has issues too (Eliwood, Xander and Tsubaki's noses, Jakob looking gaunt, and Ursula and her huge, empty eyes).

Pose aside, Catria looks fine, as do Fae, Hinoka and Sakura.

25 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Her "line" was a play roar.  It just sounded really weird to me.  I dunno.

She goes "gao gao!" in the Japanese trailer.

@ Eliwood: Finally, a voice. I'm totally fine with it and his "mitteite mure!" line. It's not a complete copy/paste from Marth's.

@ artwork: Well, that's what you get when you get many different artists to draw different characters. 

I hope the TMS #FE characters make an appearance at some point in an event or something along those lines. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Btw, Sakura loses HP when healing!

Her HP are just above, I think this is a skill point or something similar, since apparently she proced something (the purple thing). It was discussed earlier in the thread I think.

However, her staff (Mend) seems very similar to Elise's, so the stone at the top of it might turn into red when fighting and blue when healing.

EDIT: My bad, these are different staves.

pic1.pngpic2.png

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Look at the size of Tsubaki's nose! Holy crap! Am I just seeing things?!

Seems to be an artstyle thing since Jakob also has a frigging beak - is what I thought until I realized they have different artists

But yeah, with multiple artist (possibly at lowish budget) is going to result in some art that might seem awkward. Personally Eliwood bothers me the most due to how different he seems (also Ogma looks weird to me).

@Quintessence Funny you say that, I prefer original Tsubaki to Heroes one :P:

5 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUcqH81aXqY

Meet the Heroes and Heroines pt. 2!

Ooh! Catria and Ursula's voices are perfect! All the art looks great!! 

I love how this went up immediately after I went to bed, so I see it as soon as I pull up youtube for music to get to sleep lol.

I agree, I like the voices for Catria and Ursula, they sound pretty good! People don't like Fae? She sounds like a little kid doing a gruff voice to me, sounds about what I'd expect :0 Dunno what it is about Eliwood's voice, but for some reason it sounds like he has some kind of accent. Maybe I'm mishearing, I dunno.

I didn't really question them too much before, but the character titles are starting to stand out to me as like... not super fitting now lol. Like Paragon Knight for Xander...? You mean the crown prince of the morally-dubious dark knight kingdom....?? o___0 I dunno about 'Paragon'... 'Perfect Expert' for Subaki... just kinda... lacks impact to me? 'Loving Priestess'... I mean, maybe they were weird before and I didn't notice? Well with as many characters as they have I guess direct translations that don't have as much impact or loss of ideas is bound to happen lol...

1 hour ago, AzureSen said:

Overall, I'm not really digging the art this time around, especially compared with the other stuff we've seen so far. Ogma's the worst with how badly they drew his muscles, but most everyone else has issues too (Eliwood, Xander and Tsubaki's noses, Jakob looking gaunt, and Ursula and her huge, empty eyes).

Pose aside, Catria looks fine, as do Fae, Hinoka and Sakura.

I didn't think any of it was really that bad (Tharja's the only one I strictly don't like the art for but who cares about that lol) Others are a bit off, I guess due to stylization? The large noses don't bother me lol, Jakob/Subaki seem characterized pretty well overall in their art so I don't see it as a problem. Eliwood is the most notably strange/different to me, personally. Although looking back, I can see what people are saying about Catria with the stereotypical boobs/butt pose...

Spoiler

16yGO.jpg

Rock it, Steve.

Edited by BANRYU

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Dunno what it is about Eliwood's voice, but for some reason it sounds like he has some kind of accent. Maybe I'm mishearing, I dunno.

It sounds more to me like Yuri Lowenthal just had a sore throat that day, honestly. If he was going for some kind of accident (which I don't blame him for, at this rate he's going to end up voicing at least five or six characters and I love his work but he doesn't really have the range to do so well), it didn't work so well.

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I didn't think any of it was really that bad (Tharja's the only one I strictly don't like the art for but who cares about that lol) Others are a bit off, I guess due to stylization? Eliwood is the most notably strange/different to me personally. 

I dunno if it was strictly bad, per se. Jakob's the only one I would classify as bad, just because of how off-model it looks. Eliwood's nose just looks both like it's not the right size for his face and that it's in the wrong place, to me at least.

Eliwood does sound a bit raspy and slightly British lol, but for some reason, I like it. :P

Fae is cute! I wish she wasn't only in FE6 besides this, I might actually really like her (her tiny appearance in FE7 doesn't count since she's not playable there and only ever shows up once at all). Hinoka still reminds me a lot of Rainbow Dash. Can't believe it's not the same VA.

Still too much Elibe, Archanea, and Fates though. Need more Tellius and other continents. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Fae is an adorable pile of innocence, cuteness, and bubbles, her cutscene with Roy near the end is honestly really sweet, particularly since 

She's ultimately the one to help begin restoring Idunn's soul, rather than turning into a second Demon Dragon.

Her supports really get across how innocent and sheltered she is, such as not realizing Niime's "demons" story was in fact referring to the dragons and the Scouring.

Ok so I looked up at the main website of this game and looking at some of the character redesigns.....ugh....many of them are very jarring to look at particularly Roy who now looks a lot like a kid than a teenager.....

k1go-fxzuswr9419144.jpg

I'm not trying to troll or anything but even I would've prefered the one they just did for Awakening instead of this one here....

This further makes the fanservice even worse because when units are defeated, some of their clothes are ripped off and this seems very disturbing at times when looking at them. I know Fire Emblem has always had fanservice but this is stretching it too far. I mean, how will Camilla's skin be shown if she's defeated?!?!? Almost naked?!?

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eliwood does sound a bit raspy and slightly British lol, but for some reason, I like it. :P

Fae is cute! I wish she wasn't only in FE6 besides this, I might actually really like her (her tiny appearance in FE7 doesn't count since she's not playable there and only ever shows up once at all). Hinoka still reminds me a lot of Rainbow Dash. Can't believe it's not the same VA.

Still too much Elibe, Archanea, and Fates though. Need more Tellius and other continents. :/

Well, it certainly gives off a sense of finesse to him which combined with the fancy-looking armor and details on his clothes, REALLY makes him stand out from his son. I hope Ninian made it into the game as well and maybe being able to use her dragon form for attacks like Fae. 

@Harvey: Well, that design and body type are closer to how he really looked in FE6. Smash 4's version looked like he was on steroids. It was basically a shota head on a tweaked Ike body. 

Edited by Lord-Zero