Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 hours ago, NoNameAtAll said:

If we're being technical, the Whitewing sisters are all in Gaiden. Palla, Catria and Est. Seeing as Catria was in the trailer...

Yeah but the game logo that's shown with Catria's reveal is the original Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon logo which means this version of Catria is the FE1 version. Gaiden/Echoes characters will most likely pop up around April or May to help advertise FE Echoes: SoV. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So currently this game seems to exclude:

-Gaiden characters

-Jugdral characters

-Sacred Stones characters

-Tellius characters

-Beast Units

-Second generation characters

My current theory as to how characters will be added is that they will be released in "packs", with Gaiden characters being first, Jugdral or Tellius characters being next, Second generation characters and Beast Units being added at around the same time, if not after, and Sacred Stones characters being released whenever. Other characters will be added every now and then. Do you agree, or do you have some other idea?

Valentian characters will assuredly be released in the spring, but after that I think it's entirely up in the air. We don't even know what kind of schedule we'll be looking at for updates. 

It would be odd if they didn't include at least Eirika, given she's in the promotional banner. 

Oh yeah by the way, is anyone else having problem accessing the main site of the game? I can enter the voting page just fine, but when I try entering the main one, it says "file not found", and that's it.

7 minutes ago, Hardin said:

The promotional banner characters all illustrated by Kozaki, it's not an indication of who will be in the base game by any means. 

Naturally, I know that too, but you don't think it would be odd to exclude characters - all of them major ones, mind you - which appear on a banner like that? I mean the first thing I would assume upon seeing that picture without any additional information would be that the obvious good guys would all be recruitable, not that a few of them would be excluded.

Just now, Thane said:

Naturally, I know that too, but you don't think it would be odd to exclude characters - all of them major ones, mind you - which appear on a banner like that? I mean the first thing I would assume upon seeing that picture without any additional information would be that the obvious good guys would all be recruitable, not that a few of them would be excluded.

I would assume that it's a proof of concept and that it's a showcase of what to expect over time. 

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh yeah by the way, is anyone else having problem accessing the main site of the game? I can enter the voting page just fine, but when I try entering the main one, it says "file not found", and that's it.

Has been happening to me for about a week now. It's annoying.

@Gima That list is more or less what I've thought of, though I hadn't thought about beasts separately (I've assumed they would be grouped together with dragons for the breath icon, though I'm not fond of the idea). Considering how popular Ike is in the Choose Your Hero poll, I would find it very odd if he/Tellius didn't get added rather soon. Especially if he keeps his first place. So I would assume Tellius before Jugdral, myself. I have no idea when second generations would be added (assuming Fates/Awakening ones aren't in from the start, which seems to be case), but I could see them coming after all the first generations.

29 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Has been happening to me for about a week now. It's annoying.

@Gima That list is more or less what I've thought of, though I hadn't thought about beasts separately (I've assumed they would be grouped together with dragons for the breath icon, though I'm not fond of the idea). Considering how popular Ike is in the Choose Your Hero poll, I would find it very odd if he/Tellius didn't get added rather soon. Especially if he keeps his first place. So I would assume Tellius before Jugdral, myself. I have no idea when second generations would be added (assuming Fates/Awakening ones aren't in from the start, which seems to be case), but I could see them coming after all the first generations.

Keep in mind that Ike winning would just mean in him having aspecial outfit, so they could just release him with the Female winner.

Still,I too think that Tellius will be released before Jugdral.

Also,I've been thinking about it for quite some time, but how do you guys think the final bosses such as Medeus, Grima and Ashera will be handled in this game? Do you think that they will be playable or that they will be some kind of "special event bosses"?

Just now, The Malign Knight said:

Keep in mind that Ike winning would just mean in him having aspecial outfit, so they could just release him with the Female winner.

Still,I too think that Tellius will be released before Jugdral.

Also,I've been thinking about it for quite some time, but how do you guys think the final bosses such as Medeus, Grima and Ashera will be handled in this game? Do you think that they will be playable or that they will be some kind of "special event bosses"?

Special event bosses. It's hard to explain how you manage to control physical gods, and they'd either be far too powerful or far too weak.

3 hours ago, Gima said:

-Gaiden characters

-Jugdral characters

-Sacred Stones characters

-Tellius characters

-Beast Units

-Second generation characters

My current theory as to how characters will be added is that they will be released in "packs", with Gaiden characters being first, Jugdral or Tellius characters being next, Second generation characters and Beast Units being added at around the same time, if not after, and Sacred Stones characters being released whenever. Other characters will be added every now and then. Do you agree, or do you have some other idea?

I didn't actually notice the lack of 2nd gen characters (I think Odin and Selena threw me off lol), but that's a good point. I'm curious as to how they'd be implemented. 

2 hours ago, Thane said:

It's been said a couple times (and I think it makes sense as well) that they'd start with a few, popular series of characters and introduce the others over time to maintain hype + generate more for their release. Assuming this is the case, I don't think it necessarily makes sense to have all the main/lord characters displayed on the main banner in the game all at once, since they, as representatives of their respective games/series/etc, carry a large portion of the hype that comes with those other characters. I agree that it does suck that we have to wait for the likes of Magvel and Tellius and such, but I'm willing to wait, personally.

8 hours ago, Thane said:

I've had no issues with the voting site.  Might be a browser thing.

Threw a vote for Arvis in for you.

Just now, eclipse said:

I've had no issues with the voting site.  Might be a browser thing.

Threw a vote for Arvis in for you.

Like I said, the voting site itself is fine, but the main one just says "file not found". Maybe it's a browser thing though, like you say.

Thanks a lot, buddy! I voted for Oboro today myself. Tomorrow it'll be Soren.

4 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I've tried to access the main site with firefox and chrome, neither works. Voting works fine though.

Main site works fine on my end.  Either my esoteric-as-hell browser is actually doing something right, or it might be something in the middle that's screwing up.

This is relevant.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-estimated-to-go-live-in-japan-at-7-am-this-thursday/

According to a Nintendo customer service email, the game is set to go live at 7 a.m. Japan time on the 2nd. That basically means it'll go live for us at 5 p.m. ET on the 1st. Let the hype start building!

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

19 hours ago, Gima said:

-Beast Units

No confirmation on whether or not Panne will exist, and since FE:A characters aplenty seem to exist, I'm under the impression that Panne might still surprise us on release day.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What about Fae and Female Corrin?

Manaketes ain't Beasts, silly. We have two Tikis confirming the existence of

074a9cd171.png

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

No confirmation on whether or not Panne will exist, and since FE:A characters aplenty seem to exist, I'm under the impression that Panne might still surprise us on release day.

Kaden and Keaton haven't made any appearances either. I got the impression that excluding Lucina (probably because she's sort of a generation 1.5) and Odin, Selena, and Laslow (because the Awakening versions of the characters are being counted separate) Beast Units and second generation characters would be saved for later. After all, we haven't seen any.