Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Of course it would be an Echoes banner. Unsurprising. Not sure if I want to pull on it, as I'm not all that interested in the game.

I'm getting the update now though!

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Kiran They made Faye an archer? Huh, I was expecting her to be a healer for some reason. I may actually just pull Grey on this banner... Besides, I'm still hoping to pull Kagero, Azama, Maria and Klein at some point, so hopefully I'll get lucky in some way.
Alm looks cool, but I doubt I'd get him if I went pulling for him, so I won't unless I pull Faye early (yeah, like that's gonna happen), so maybe I'll pull him some day after he's added to the general pool.

I guess those we expect to not be healers will be healers and those we do expect to be healers won't be healers. lol We thought Lucius and Lachesis would be something other than healers, didn't we?

Also, am I reading this right? Our heroes can only get 2000 feathers via the hero merit, and then that's it? You can't have them get 2000 feathers again this way? That's so stupid. Why put a limit on such a useful feature like that?

11 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Here's some pics of our coming Gaiden Friends! Courtesy of Reddit

Alm's artist looks to be the same one that did Est and Lachesis, the artstyle is very similar.

The question for me is, do I pull here or wait for Celica? 

as nice as the art for the echoes gang is, none of the characters especially appeal to me. I'll just go ahead and use my orbs on spring as planned. And I guess i'll use my 19 orbs instead ofa 20 thanks to no daily orb!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, am I reading this right? Our heroes can only get 2000 feathers via the hero merit, and then that's it? You can't have them get 2000 feathers again this way? That's so stupid. Why put a limit on such a useful feature like that?

Because it'll take time to get those 2,000 feathers with how slow the acquisition rate is and in that amount of time, you'll probably have pulled a few more new characters.

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Kiran They made Faye an archer? Huh, I was expecting her to be a healer for some reason.

To be fairly honest, I don't think Faye fits as a healer. I thought she'd be a lance cavalier. But archer? Faye can't even class change into one. So I'm not sure why.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No I don't think you're reading this wrong. Wanna know what's worse?

Duplicate heroes count as the same hero.

EDIT: WHY. DO. I. KEEP. DOUBLE. POSTING. Not again...

Edited by Falcom

16 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Here's some pics of our coming Gaiden Friends! Courtesy of Reddit

Alm, Lukas, Clair, and...Faye, huh? Guess I should have expected that, feels like they are promoting her quite a bit.

Not sure I expected them to go with archer for her, though...can she even class change to archer?

Dunno if I'll pull for this banner or try to stockpile orbs for the Celica banner, which I'm sure is coming.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because it'll take time to get those 2,000 feathers with how slow the acquisition rate is and in that amount of time, you'll probably have pulled a few more new characters.

Not the way these banners are going. I've not really been interested in any of them. I only pulled on the spring one because I wanted more 5 stars, and I got lucky for once and pulled one.

And besides, the more characters you pull, the more likely you are to get duplicates, whose merit are pooled together (also stupid).

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Falcom said:

No I don't think you're reading this wrong. Wanna know what's worse?

Duplicate heroes count as the same hero.

this is actually nice since it encourages you to use the duplicates for a little bit before either using them for skills or sending htem home for feathers.

In theory, at least....this 4 arthur team is kind of fun though

Just now, r_n said:

this is actually nice since it encourages you to use the duplicates for a little bit before either using them for skills or sending htem home for feathers.

In theory, at least....this 4 arthur team is kind of fun though

And then they're just skill fodder or send-home-for-feathers fodder once you max out that character's feather output.

Sorry, accidental double post. Didn't realize the initial one went through.

Forum's been buggy lately too. I keep having to refresh the page to get my posts and edits to show up.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

And then they're just skill fodder or send-home-for-feathers fodder once you max out that character's feather output.

sure but it's going to take a lot of grinding to do that, even with a full team of four

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

To be fairly honest, I don't think Faye fits as a healer. I thought she'd be a lance cavalier. But archer? Faye can't even class change into one. So I'm not sure why.

Huh. That's odd. Wonder what they were thinking making her an archer... Unless they made her a mounted archer, in which case it still makes no sense given what she can promote to but I won't complain because I've been wanting one of those since Heroes dropped and I noticed there weren't any.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Not the way these banners are going. I've not really been interested in any of them. I only pulled on the spring one because I wanted more 5 stars, and I got lucky for once and pulled one.

And besides, the more characters you pull, the more likely you are to get duplicates, whose merit are pooled together.

1. It's still going to take time for you to even reach 2,000 on all of the characters you currently have.
  2. Using your duplicates builds up merit for that character faster.
  3. I know for a fact you're not at that point where the rate at which you get duplicates versus the rate at which you get new characters will hinder your ability to gain more hero merit.

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Alm's artist looks to be the same one that did Est and Lachesis, the artstyle is very similar.

The question for me is, do I pull here or wait for Celica? 

I don't think they are the same artist. One thing that bothered me for Est and Lachesis was how sparkly their eyes were. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. It's still going to take time for you to even reach 2,000 on all of the characters you currently have.
  2. Using your duplicates builds up merit for that character faster.
  3. I know for a fact you're not at that point where the rate at which you get duplicates versus the rate at which you get new characters will hinder your ability to gain more hero merit.

1. Not relevant to my point.

2. I don't care. And why would I bother when I can get feathers faster just by sending those duplicates home? And I'll always get feathers for doing that, unlike in this feature!

3. Actually, I am. I get a LOT of duplicates through summoning. Like half my pulls are duplicates.

But regardless, I find this feature useless because of how slow and limited it's going to be, so I won't be bothering with it. Good job, IS. Yet another dumb decision.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Fruity Insanity said:

>IS hands out method to obtain free feathers

>still complains

Sasuga.

A very slow and very limited method. Reasonable complaints.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

1. Doesn't matter to me.

2. I don't care. And why would I bother when I can get feathers faster just by sending those duplicates home? And I'll always get feathers for doing that, unlike in this feature!

3. Actually, I am. I get a LOT of duplicates through summoning. Like half my pulls are duplicates.

1. You're complaining about something that isn't going to affect you for a long time.
  2. Then send them home.
  3. Which means half of your pulls are new characters, which are each another 2,000 more feathers.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:
  1. You're complaining about something that isn't going to affect you for a long time.
  2. Then send them home.
  3. Which means half of your pulls are new characters, which are each another 2,000 more feathers.

1. But will eventually affect me no matter what.

2. I will.

3. Okay?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A very slow and very limited method. Reasonable complaints.

And? Maybe you won't make use of it, but I sure as hell will.

It's free feathers. F R E E. And free feathers, no matter how slow or limited it may seem (which I disagree with, btw. I think it's implemented reasonably enough), is objectively superior to no free feathers.

Edited by Fruity Insanity