Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, this. Thank you. It's sad that I can't repeatedly use my Freddy Bear to get 2000 feathers...

I feel this. I'm attached to my Klein and will be super disappointed when he maxes his merit because it'll give me an incentive to not use him anymore...

I think the purpose of the update is to encourage us to use many different characters though. So... if I hate a character (... Peri) I can't avoid them forever or I miss out on 2000 feathers. meeeeeh

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Anacybele said:

What are you talking about? No they don't. You cannot buy anything in this game except orbs.

I think she meant by sending home units.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

5 orbs buy a hero, 3* heroes give 150 feathers. (Turns out my minimum was actually too low.)

Oh, that's what you meant. The orbs themselves still cost money though, and you can't straight up buy feathers. You'd still have to buy the orbs first.

Just now, GinRei said:

Using that same logic, she should be complaining that the story orbs are going away because you cannot grind them after getting them.  It's literally the same argument.

I'm not so sure. I understand where you're coming from, however the disparity between orbs and feathers are quite profound. Orbs are a premium currency for the game, whilst feathers aren't so much. I personally don't mind the hero merit system right now as I have a lot of units I want to use, although for characters like my Linde, I do wonder why the put the cap in the first place. It won't matter for a long time, but the cap definitely feels needless. 

Has the maintenance finished yet? If so any leaks? Sorry if the questions have already been answered, I've been off for a few hours.

Kinda stinks that there's a limit to how many feathers can be earned via Hero Merit; currently, there's an effective 230,000 Hero Merit feathers cap provided that the player owns every single Hero currently available in the game - there's 115 playable Heroes right now, including those that could only be obtained via Grand Hero Battles.

Sacred Seals... the good news is that they wouldn't be easily spammed as the player has to decide which Hero can use it the best as the player can only own up to 1 of each Sacred Seal at a time; dupes get turned into feathers.

Just now, immatx said:

Has the maintenance finished yet? If so any leaks? Sorry if the questions have already been answered, I've been off for a few hours.

Everybody's been talking about this, lol. Of course. :P

2 minutes ago, Volo said:

I feel this. I'm attached to my Klein and will be super disappointed when he maxes his merit because it'll give me an incentive to not use him anymore...

I think the purpose of the update is to encourage us to use many different characters though. So... if I hate a character (... Peri) I can't avoid them forever or I miss out on 2000 feathers. meeeeeh

Yeah, see, this guy knows how I feel! I don't want to be forced to use Camilla, Tharja, Lucina, Lyn, or other characters I dislike to get those feathers. I'd like to just stick to my preferred/favorite units...

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Maintenance finished awhile ago. It finished early.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

so... any way to help? i still can't download the update :(

Use QooApp to update the game. 

Edited by SlipperySlippy

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Sacred Seals... the good news is that they wouldn't be easily spammed as the player has to decide which Hero can use it the best as the player can only own up to 1 of each Sacred Seal at a time; dupes get turned into feathers.

Yeah, I can understand this for what you just said, but it doesn't say anything about being able to remove the seals and put them on another character if we change our minds. A player could decide that the seal isn't working out as good as they thought or that they found a character they like more that could use it. I hope we can remove the seals once we put them on characters.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, immatx said:

Waaaah, what's hero merit???

Heroes get hero merit = 'feather points' for doing things, 500 'feather points' turn into 500 feathers (I believe), each hero has a cap of 2000 'feather points,' shared across duplicates.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I can understand this for what you just said, but it doesn't say anything about being able to remove the seals and put them on another character if we change our minds. A player could decide that the seal isn't working out as good as they thought or that they found a character they like more that could use it.

I don't think they'll be permanent fixtures since it would mean the only way to swap a seal onto another character would, theoretically, be skill inhieritance.  Which is bad because then if someone accidentally places their skill on someone, woops! hope you like it or hate that character!

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Heroes get hero merit = 'feather points' for doing things, 500 'feather points' turn into 500 feathers (I believe), each hero has a cap of 2000 'feather points,' shared across duplicates.

Ahh, ok thanks. That sounds really helpful, can't wait to try it.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Read the update notes to learn everything.

Meh, but it's so much faster when y'all just tell me.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I don't think they'll be permanent fixtures since it would mean the only way to swap a seal onto another character would, theoretically, be skill inhieritance.  Which is bad because then if someone accidentally places their skill on someone, woops! hope you like it or hate that character!

Yeah, good point. I really hope you're right.

I can't wait to give Freddy one of those seal skills! Though if I get something like spd+1 or whatever first, that's going to someone else, of course. :P

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Maintenance finished awhile ago. It finished early.

Use QooApp to update the game. 

Thanks for that! I ended up being stuck without the updates so this really helps me out :)

Now that i've reached 4th stratum, operation all arthurs has run into its worst possible snag: sword armors that even top tier arthur can not push through

alas, i'll have to actually split the load across other characters

@immatx Concerning leaks, the new banner's been datamined:

Spoiler

It's a Shadows of Valentia banner with Alm, Lukas, Faye, and Clair.

Classes are unconfirmed, but Alm is likely infantry sword, Lukas is likely infantry lance, Faye is an archer, and Clair is a pegasus knight (probably lance but could be sword for all I know)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@immatx Concerning leaks, the new banner's been datamined:

Hide contents

It's a Shadows of Valentia banner with Alm, Lukas, Faye, and Clair.

Classes are unconfirmed, but Alm is likely infantry sword, Lukas is likely infantry lance, Faye is an archer, and Clair is a pegasus knight (probably lance but could be sword for all I know)

I'd say it would be weird for Clair to use swords, but we're in a post archer-faye world so anything can change

3 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet.  Tomorrow they'll be adding quests to obtain Spd+1, Atk+1, and Hp+3 Seals.  We're also getting the 2 free daily orbs again for 17 days.

Daily 2s!