Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, I never had any neutral Olivias as far as I know...

I've never pulled a unit that has Drag Back. I've been working on getting male Robin SP since I gave him Draw Back though. He just needs enough SP to learn and equip it.

Marth is the only counter I have to Fae. Otherwise, she shreds me. Her def is too high for Palla to one-round her and she just kills everybody else because like all dragons, she attacks with magic.

My Palla has Hone Spd from an Eirika, actually, but that should do.

I've run into a Hector on occasion, but it's not common. And even then, Frederick takes care of him well enough with his tankiness and hammer.

She's one of the freebie units. If you haven't gotten her yet I'd recommend raising one of the free, neutral natured ones over -spd.

I might have meant draw back actually. I can't remember which is which. The one that you can pull back on of your own units.

Nice, is there any reason why you didn't do Frederick/Palla/M Robin/Marth then?

........why would you give up an Eirika???

Oh yeah, I always forget about the hammer. You might be fine without Marth then if you can find another way to KO dragons.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, immatx said:

She's one of the freebie units. If you haven't gotten her yet I'd recommend raising one of the free, neutral natured ones over -spd.

I might have meant draw back actually. I can't remember which is which. The one that you can pull back on of your own units.

Nice, is there any reason why you didn't do Frederick/Palla/M Robin/Marth then?

........why would you give up an Eirika???

Oh yeah, I always forget about the hammer. You might be fine without Marth then if you can find another way to KO dragons.

She's not available today though, and even if she was, I wouldn't bother. I don't feel like dumping feathers on a 2 star Olivia to get her to 4 star.

I'm not sure exactly which skill does that myself, honestly. Both sound useful.

I didn't do that combination because I thought it would make the BST too high. Once I threw in Sakura instead, I started winning a lot of matches again, even though they were beginner and intermediate.

Because I don't like her and she wouldn't be that great a unit, imo. She was also -spd as well anyway.

I don't have any other good way to KO dragons, sadly...

Edited by Anacybele

Ugh, I really hope the we're not without a daily orb for a while. The defeat 20 enemies quest should always be active if you're not going to give away daily 2 orbs.

you gotta have at least one daily orb, heroes!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She's not available today though, and even if she was, I wouldn't bother. I don't feel like dumping feathers on a 2 star Olivia to get her to 4 star.

I'm not sure exactly which skill does that myself, honestly. Both sound useful.

I didn't do that combination because I thought it would make the BST too high. Once I threw in Sakura instead, I started winning a lot of matches again, even though they were beginner and intermediate.

Because I don't like her and she wouldn't be that great a unit, imo. She was also -spd as well anyway.

I don't have any other good way to KO dragons, sadly...

That's unfortunate. I would go Fred/Marth/Robin and some under leveled bonus unit if you have one, and try my best to snatch as many feathers as possible to promote Robin.
And never forget to abuse that the AI always try to get positioned near the color it's strong against. Use it to make 2 vs 1 and 3 vs 1 fights.

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

That's unfortunate. I would go Fred/Marth/Robin and some under leveled bonus unit if you have one, and try my best to snatch as many feathers as possible to promote Robin.
And never forget to abuse that the AI always try to get positioned near the color it's strong against. Use it to make 2 vs 1 and 3 vs 1 fights.

1. Tried that. Never helps much.

2, Tried that too. Like I kept saying before, the enemy is too unpredictable to me.

1 hour ago, immatx said:

Just remember, advice doesn't work for all teams. Take everything with a grain of salt. Personally, I like waiting back, have someone tank a hit, and then nuke everyone with the help of a dancer. Iirc correctly @Thor Odinson pushes forwards right away and doubles nukes with Nino to halve the opponents units. That wouldn't work for my team, but it works great with his. You just have to find you team's strat :)

Well, more like take 1 turn to get into position and apply every buff on Nino I have while meticulously check enemy movement range (esp with another dancer team) so I get one turn to manipulate AI into dispersing while getting Nino buffed to about 62-66 atk range. Then I double Nino nuke, sometimes followed by a Ryoma swap if there's a red/green in range next. Not always, though--- in cases of greens in general, Takumi, or even red mages like Lilina, Sanaki, and unbuffed Tharja, I will throw Ryoma into their range directly and have them counterkill themselves. And then let Nino heal him so Nino can get desperation up to safely kill even more people.

Except the last season and this one because I used Reposition Michalis instead of Olivia for the higher BST, so it's a lot more hit-and-run than what I usually do--though he makes the bridge and lava maps just that much easier. Olivia will come back though after I make her a 5*. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. Tried that. Never helps much.

2, Tried that too. Like I kept saying before, the enemy is too unpredictable to me.

Oh, well. Seems I can't help that much. You can try repositioning the order of the heroes too, as it can help squishy heroes to hide and offensive ones take the lead at the start of the battle. To me it surprisingly did wonders, but that might not be the case.
Good Luck, anyways.

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Oh, well. Seems I can't help that much. You can try repositioning the order of the heroes too, as it can help squishy heroes to hide and offensive ones take the lead at the start of the battle. To me it surprisingly did wonders, but that might not be the case.
Good Luck, anyways.

Ranged units work best overall in slot one or two of a team, with any buff or dance units next to them in the team order so they can recieve buffs at the start of a battle. The tank or lure usually goes in the last slot so you can draw away threats to your team and essentially make the initial encounter a 3v4.

Hope this helps @Anacybele. If you really don't want to use a dancer, you will need to make up for the lack of mobility and flexibility with more finesse in your unit movement, or make use of positoning skills like Draw Back or Reposition more often.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I'd like if the new update allows to trade emblems/badges for sp or even feathers.

Just did a 7 win streak at the arena with Julia but there's THAT match in which you have to sacrifice your units .___.

Ah, yes. For me it's when I face Hector without a red unit and can't get Julia's special active for battling him. What was it for you this time?

29 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Good Luck, anyways.

Um, but you can't change your units' positions yet. That's not coming until that big April update.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Um, but you can't change your units' positions yet. That's not coming until that big April update.

No, he meant the order before you start the battle. In the edit teams menu.

1 minute ago, immatx said:

No, he meant the order before you start the battle. In the edit teams menu.

Oh, that. But how would that help when the map I'm given is completely random? I don't know which one it will be, so I won't know how their positions should be.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, that. But how would that help when the map I'm given is completely random?

It's just based on what you know about the maps. For most of them it doesn't matter, but on the water map it's very important what order you have your team in. Same with the lava map.

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

It's just based on what you know about the maps. For most of them it doesn't matter, but on the water map it's very important what order you have your team in. Same with the lava map.

Oh, I see. I'm not sure which order they should be in for those then.

@Anacybele like this:

32 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ranged units work best overall in slot one or two of a team, with any buff or dance units next to them in the team order so they can recieve buffs at the start of a battle. The tank or lure usually goes in the last slot so you can draw away threats to your team and essentially make the initial encounter a 3v4.

I personally prefer the tank in the third slot and my throwaway unit as a lure in the fourth.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

maintenance in 1 and a half hour, and lasts for 5 hours, so we can expect the server to be up 7 hours for now if my calcs isn't wrong

Thats.... literally midnight -> Morning for me lol

Maintenance starts in 3 and a half hours.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

And thats where i realized Heroes clock is based on my region

Convenient, isn't it? You never have to do time zone conversions. (I believe it's actually based on your phone's time zone and not your set region.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Convenient, isn't it? You never have to do time zone conversions.

Yeah

The conversion from Japanese time to here is literally just -2 hours but doing nothing for that is better

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maintenance starts in 3 and a half hours.

BETTER RUSH TO DO THAT ARENA QUEST FOR YOUR FREE DAILY ORB BEF-oh right they're done

Just now, Elieson said:

BETTER RUSH TO DO THAT ARENA QUEST FOR YOUR FREE DAILY ORB BEF-oh right they're done

Even if they weren't gone, you still have 4 hours after the conclusion of maintenance before the reset, assuming maintenance concludes exactly on time, no earlier, no later.

Just now, Elieson said:

side note i found it funny that they put that quest under the "arena" label considering it was just looking for *any* level 10+ unit you defeat in battle, regardless of where the battle was