• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah... Takumi is so good that every other archer in his route is destined to be benched the moment the option is available. You can instant promote him and his stats don't even suffer enough for it to matter, so naturally Kinishi doesn't hurt him that much.

The problem with Kinshi is basically the Beruka problem---Beruka is actually damn good, incidentally. It's not so much that they're terrible as the fact that they're right next to other, far superior options. (Camilla.) A falcon-knight has better stats in literally everything except skill (which doesn't matter since Falcon's better luck equalizes the hit rates anyway), has 1-2 range as well thanks to bolt naginata (I... think birthright has a Shining Bow? Not too sure. Edit: No shining bow in birthright.), has staves (very good in fates), plus (depending on how much you value Rally Speed), a better skillset.

Sniper v. Falcon is basically the stats versus mobility choice, which usually goes to mobility so long as you have good enough stats. Takumi manages, not sure if anyone else does, however.

Setsuna definitely doesn't, 20 personal STR growth means Kinshi rapes her. Reina is a Corrinsexual (and therefore falls off hard and fast, unless you're planning to ruin Kanna. Gunter does the same, but he has that sweet, sweet +3 to fuck you personal). I looked at Reina again, she has 50% STR growth. Fuck supports, she's fine. Mozu works, but she's a trainee in a route filled with Seths. (Takumi, Ryoma, Corrin to a lesser extent, the list goes on.)

Hinoka can make Kinshi work, but she'd much rather be Falcon for the better bulk so she can switch to using a weapon other than guard naginata. Subaki suffers almost as much as Setsuna with 30 personal STR growth, another case of raped by Kinshi (Kinshi gives 5% to STR, and 0% to MAG, versus Falcon's 10%/10%).

tl;dr Takumi and Reina make Kinshi work, but that's more because Takumi and Reina are amazing than because the class is any damn good.

I see. So it's pretty much "this class is okay, but why use it when you can use this one instead to do the same thing and more?" Well, I still like the class and hope it comes back someday with improvements.

Yeah, the arena quests going bye bye stinks. :( Though I would rather not have to do arena battles every day in order to get those 200 feathers.

Anyone else know how many times I said these orbs everyday wouldn't last?

Cause I count 4 off the top of my head.

Spoiler

Not saying I'm a psychic or anything 

Spoiler

It was inevitable 

Spoiler

I am a psychic though

Anywho, after the gauntlet I'm back up to 28,000 feathers. I think I'll promote Sharena at the beginning of next season.

No more arena quests? Why? I was just about to amassed 20 orbs before the banner ended! Bye bye Bunny Chrom. Ugh...I was going to promote someone to 5* after the summon, hoping for a better red sword. I don't even know why I'm hoarding feathers now. I have a stack of 51k.

18 minutes ago, Kiran said:

No more arena quests? Why? I was just about to amassed 20 orbs before the banner ended! Bye bye Bunny Chrom. Ugh...I was going to promote someone to 5* after the summon, hoping for a better red sword. I don't even know why I'm hoarding feathers now. I have a stack of 51k.

Well maybe the next banner will have some good swordies for you to pull.

47 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

It was inevitable 

Hide contents

I am a psychic though

Anywho, after the gauntlet I'm back up to 28,000 feathers. I think I'll promote Sharena at the beginning of next season.

Considering the new update is coming, I'd say it's a bit premature to say that daily orbs are definitely a thing of the past.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

It was inevitable 

Hide contents

I am a psychic though

I promoted Sharena and gave her Luna :)

No more arena quests is terrible. I hope they replace it with something better.

@Elieson I scored a deathless run with klein, but 4492 is pretty low for feather gathering and I want a better score. I currently run alfonse/effie/karel/nowi but I need help with blue units, specifically hoards/teams of them. I have +res -hp julia which might be of big help and I have Hinata and Setsuna that can provide Fury 3 and Bowbreaker 3 but Julia only has 380sp ~. I guess I can throw up to Fury 2 to Julia and grind more Sp and get similar results with karel's bst for the time being.

Actually I think there's a bigger urge for more effective ways at gathering sp rather than feathers as skill inheritance is of big use and importance. I can sacrifice some 4☆ units to get a full line of a skill but getting 3 sp at higher strata and 1 sp at arena is pretty ridiculous in comparison to the 300+ sp a full line of inherited skills require.

Just now, Quintessence said:

@Elieson I scored a deathless run with klein, but 4492 is pretty low for feather gathering and I want a better score. I currently run alfonse/effie/karel/nowi but I need help with blue units, specifically hoards/teams of them. I have +res -hp julia which might be of big help and I have Hinata and Setsuna that can provide Fury 3 and Bowbreaker 3 but Julia only has 380sp ~. I guess I can throw up to Fury 2 to Julia and grind more Sp and get similar results with karel's bst for the time being.

Actually I think there's a bigger urge for more effective ways at gathering sp rather than feathers as skill inheritance is of big use and importance. I can sacrifice some 4☆ units to get a full line of a skill but getting 3 sp at higher strata and 1 sp at arena is pretty ridiculous in comparison to the 300+ sp a full line of inherited skills require.

I know, it's pathetic. I just 5*'d my Alfonse Elric this morning and I'll be replacing him over Seliph, so I can run Julia over Bunnilla and Nowi/Sharena for some 4600 deathless scores. This'll be much better...it'll be my first time running all 5*s. 4492 still got me ranked decently enough...a deathless 4550 would've given me an extra 500 feathers only.

Alfredo is a pain in the ass to use though. I wish he could inherit WaryFighter

33 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Considering the new update is coming, I'd say it's a bit premature to say that daily orbs are definitely a thing of the past.

I'd make a bet, but I'm not sure if you're the kind of person to take risks y'know?

But we shall see, we shall see indeed.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

They're probably gonna replace it with something soon

We can only hope.

C'mon, IS, I need more orbs for...whatever the next focus is, cuz I'm probably going to pull from it. XD

30 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Julia's definitely a great choice for your team, but I wouldn't bother with Fury on her for BST purposes considering we're getting the Arena update in less than 24 hours. 

EDIT: Also, I find that grinding for SP after level 40 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I started grinding with Julia on Saturday and amassed over 400 SP within those two days just grinding levels 8-10 of the Training Tower. It goes a lot faster (esp with ranged characters) if you're using two dancers, which is what I did to speed things up. But even using a single dancer speeds things up considerably. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'd make a bet, but I'm not sure if you're the kind of person to take risks y'know?

But we shall see, we shall see indeed.

I just don't see any long term benefit that could result from removing daily orbs. It removes an incentive to play daily and might end up hurting the playerbase in the long run.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

It was inevitable 

Hide contents

I am a psychic though

Not sure why anyone would think they would last when, at the start, they said it would end and when.  Not to say they won't introduce another "daily quest event" to basically do it again, but I assume it'll be different from the "kill 20 mooks" one for variety's sake.  Also, in addition to the orb a day, people have gotten used to the 200 feathers a day.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I just don't see any long term benefit that could result from removing daily orbs. It removes an incentive to play daily and might end up hurting the playerbase in the long run.

I'm going to hold off on making any premature reactions until we see whether or not they add in a replacement with the coming update, but I do agree overall.

Idk if the intent was to get people to buy orbs or what, but it's definitely healthier for the game to incentivize players to earn orbs (and 1-2 free orbs per day really isn't much). I'm much more likely to support a game if I think they care about their F2P playerbase. 

That said, Nintendo/IS has overall shown a lot of care and dedication for their playerbase so far, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait things out for the time being. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm going to hold off on making any premature reactions until we see whether or not they add in a replacement with the coming update, but I do agree overall.

Idk if the intent was to get people to buy orbs or what, but it's definitely healthier for the game to incentivize players to earn orbs (and 1-2 free orbs per day really isn't much). I'm much more likely to support a game if I think they care about their F2P playerbase. 

That said, Nintendo/IS has overall shown a lot of care and dedication for their playerbase so far, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait things out for the time being. 

Oh I do think they'll implement some form of daily rewards once the update hits, even if it's different than the Arena Quests.

And yeah, with 1 orb per day, that's around 1.5 free summon per month, which is far from excessive and it's at least  a little something F2P players can look forward too. Instead of just watching whales do 5 pulls a week and get Hectors, Azuras, Ryomas and Lindes 

I don't really want to make a new thread to say this, but my goal when Heroes first came out was to get a 5* Henry and 5* Niles. Well... I finally bit the bullet and rubbed some feathers all over them to make 'em that way. o: They're both weak af and only have niche uses but I love them. Now I'm working on Alfonse (who also only has niche uses *clenches fist*) and im just pretty excited over what 5*s I have specifically. Just wanted to say something somewhere cos even my rl fe:H friends don't seem to care p:

Hohoho. 闘技場ミッションはない!

No more arena quests. Hahah, that's is so bad news for me!

Ever since I've been demoted to F2P after non-safetynet pass device orb buying ban... this is really bad! Haha!

10 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

I don't really want to make a new thread to say this, but my goal when Heroes first came out was to get a 5* Henry and 5* Niles. Well... I finally bit the bullet and rubbed some feathers all over them to make 'em that way. o: They're both weak af and only have niche uses but I love them. Now I'm working on Alfonse (who also only has niche uses *clenches fist*) and im just pretty excited over what 5*s I have specifically. Just wanted to say something somewhere cos even my rl fe:H friends don't seem to care p:

Congratulations :D

I actually quite like Henry and Niles as characters but have hesitated to promote them in Heroes because of their niche usage. As such, I applaud you and your dedication to your faves! It's honestly super admirable to just promote the people you like regardless of what anyone else says, and I hope to be more like that with my feathers in the future. 

And I still can't win advanced arena matches. Fucking perfect.

Why? Just, why? I was winning beginner and intermediate just fine before after I put Sakura on my team. I then won an advanced one easily too. Then the rest I all lost badly. Enemy units did way more damage to mine than I could to them. I also keep running into glitches where my unit won't attack even though I had them target an enemy unit right there. I also all of a sudden saw my male Robin's HP at 5 when I'm pretty sure no one actually hit him that hard. I have no idea what happened there. The former could actually just be me not properly moving the unit, but I can't say for sure. So I assume glitch for both.

I hope IS fixes it in the maintenance patch if it is glitches. But that won't suddenly make me win 7 advanced arena matches in a row with few to no deaths. I've changed my team up several times, I have 5 star characters to use now, nothing works. Why is there no answer? Why is it impossible for me to win these matches? I don't understand it and it's not fair to me as a player. If I can't change things on my own here, I can only assume/hope that the upcoming arena changes will make it a lot easier.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So I assume glitch for both.

I hope IS fixes it in the maintenance patch if it is glitches.

And yet again Ana accuses the glitches. How long did it last?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

And yet again Ana accuses the glitches. How long did it last?

...wtf? When have I ever accused glitches of being the reason for losing arena matches? My above post was not saying those were the actual reason for my losses, just that they were just making it worse and adding insult to injury.

I'm not sure at all of the actual reason for these losses, as that's why I kept saying "why?" thank you very much.

Edited by Anacybele