Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

As you can see I am not caught up on the latest FE games. From reading online, they seem very overpowered. 

Red hair?  Green eyes?  Possibly female?  Name begins with Rez?  I think I have a doppleganger.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Red hair?  Green eyes?  Possibly female?  Name begins with Rez?  I think I have a doppleganger.

We all have one!

Even I do, and I haven't even been here long heh.

Well that is disappointing to hear. I still think they can work with the appropriate tweak.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When you are in the internet, which is (almost) infinite and finite. You are bound to meet someone that is close but not quite. 

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

We all have one!

Even I do, and I haven't even been here long heh.

I actually have two, now! 

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Well that is disappointing to hear. I still think they can work with the appropriate tweak.

When you are in the internet, which is (almost) infinite and finite. You are bound to meet someone that is close but not quite. 

I don't really mind, I find it kind of funny to be honest.  I just hope my dubious reputation doesn't cause you trouble.

I found Kinshi Knights aren't as bad as everyone says.  Flyers are always nice, so while I might not promote Peg Knights into them, I find them a better option than Snipers.

Edited by Rezzy

What? People think Kinshi Knights are bad? But I made Takumi one because I liked the idea of him getting a second weapon and he still did great... Though maybe that's because he's Takumi.

14 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I scored in the top 10k on my team, and I didn't even have the bonus unit for it :X

Are you talking about the Gauntlet?  I can't imagine that working for Arena.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Are you talking about the Gauntlet?  I can't imagine that working for Arena.

Gauntlet, yea, not the Arena. Arena, I placed in top 11k with a score just under 4500. Oh how I wish I didn't have that one death!

Just now, Elieson said:

Gauntlet, yea, not the Arena. Arena, I placed in top 11k with a score just under 4500. Oh how I wish I didn't have that one death!

I didn't get a Deathless Streak this week either.  Skill Inheritance Teams were everywhere, and I didn't feel like blowing a ton of Crests trying to top my score, since I was happy enough with it.

Before the gauntlet: Spent 10,000 feathers before the gauntlet trying to promote 3 stars to 4 stars cause I was bored
After the gauntlet: 18,400 feathers earned in total

Regrets were made for spending those feathers
I could've gotten another 5 star just now ;-;

After the arena round and gauntlet I have a good 34k feathers now. Definitely will have enough for Xander when he comes around and Olivia will get her 5* given I don't miraculously pull Azura before the next banner. 

Camus when

but also i can start promoting people to 4* to take their stuff again

Edited by Thor Odinson

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy Can't blame you there, after I got just over 3,000, I stopped using my crests too. :P But next season, I'm definitely going to shoot for higher than that.

I almost had a Deathless Streak a couple times, too.  I lost one on the 6th and another on the 7th Battle.  Next week I might get lucky.

13 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

After the arena round and gauntlet I have a good 34k feathers now. Definitely will have enough for Xander when he comes around and Olivia will get her 5* given I don't miraculously pull Azura before the next banner. 

Camus when

but also i can start promoting people to 4* to take their stuff again

I'll definitely be promoting Xander when I get him.  Then, I can run a complete Nohr Royal Family Team.

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? People think Kinshi Knights are bad? But I made Takumi one because I liked the idea of him getting a second weapon and he still did great... Though maybe that's because he's Takumi.

Yeah... Takumi is so good that every other archer in his route is destined to be benched the moment the option is available. You can instant promote him and his stats don't even suffer enough for it to matter, so naturally Kinishi doesn't hurt him that much.

The problem with Kinshi is basically the Beruka problem---Beruka is actually damn good, incidentally. It's not so much that they're terrible as the fact that they're right next to other, far superior options. (Camilla.) A falcon-knight has better stats in literally everything except skill (which doesn't matter since Falcon's better luck equalizes the hit rates anyway), has 1-2 range as well thanks to bolt naginata (I... think birthright has a Shining Bow? Not too sure. Edit: No shining bow in birthright.), has staves (very good in fates), plus (depending on how much you value Rally Speed), a better skillset.

Sniper v. Falcon is basically the stats versus mobility choice, which usually goes to mobility so long as you have good enough stats. Takumi manages, not sure if anyone else does, however.

Setsuna definitely doesn't, 20 personal STR growth means Kinshi rapes her. Reina is a Corrinsexual (and therefore falls off hard and fast, unless you're planning to ruin Kanna. Gunter does the same, but he has that sweet, sweet +3 to fuck you personal). I looked at Reina again, she has 50% STR growth. Fuck supports, she's fine. Mozu works, but she's a trainee in a route filled with Seths. (Takumi, Ryoma, Corrin to a lesser extent, the list goes on.)

Hinoka can make Kinshi work, but she'd much rather be Falcon for the better bulk so she can switch to using a weapon other than guard naginata. Subaki suffers almost as much as Setsuna with 30 personal STR growth, another case of raped by Kinshi (Kinshi gives 5% to STR, and 0% to MAG, versus Falcon's 10%/10%).

tl;dr Takumi and Reina make Kinshi work, but that's more because Takumi and Reina are amazing than because the class is any damn good.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah... Takumi is so good that every other archer in his route is destined to be benched the moment the option is available. You can instant promote him and his stats don't even suffer enough for it to matter, so naturally Kinishi doesn't hurt him that much.

The problem with Kinshi is basically the Beruka problem---Beruka is actually damn good, incidentally. It's not so much that they're terrible as the fact that they're right next to other, far superior options. (Camilla.) A falcon-knight has better stats in literally everything except skill (which doesn't matter since Falcon's better luck equalizes the hit rates anyway), has 1-2 range as well thanks to bolt naginata (I... think birthright has a Shining Bow? Not too sure. Edit: No shining bow in birthright.), has staves (very good in fates), plus (depending on how much you value Rally Speed), a better skillset.

Sniper v. Falcon is basically the stats versus mobility choice, which usually goes to mobility so long as you have good enough stats. Takumi manages, not sure if anyone else does, however.

Setsuna definitely doesn't, 20 personal STR growth means Kinshi rapes her. Reina is a Corrinsexual (and therefore falls off hard and fast, unless you're planning to ruin Kanna. Gunter does the same, but he has that sweet, sweet +3 to fuck you personal). Mozu works, but she's a trainee in a route filled with Seths. (Takumi, Ryoma, Corrin to a lesser extent, the list goes on.)

Hinoka can make Kinshi work, but she'd much rather be Falcon for the better bulk so she can switch to using a weapon other than guard naginata. Subaki suffers almost as much as Setsuna with 30 personal STR growth, another case of raped by Kinshi (Kinshi gives 5% to STR, and 0% to MAG, versus Falcon's 10%/10%).

In Conquest, Kinshi Mozu works well, since your only other real Bow user is Niles, and PEMN, but my Niles got RNG screwed hard.  In Birthright, Takumi's a bit more RNG proof, and has his personal uber-bow, so Mozu is more overshadowed, as mentioned.  Setsuna's a poor Kinshi Knight, but she's not that great an Sniper, either, to be honest, and one of the worst mothers from a inheritance stand-point.

Takumi's son also makes a great Kinshi Knight, but that could be dependent on his mother, so it's hard to really compare the kids without writing a whole dissertation.

Just now, Rezzy said:

In Conquest, Kinshi Mozu works well, since your only other real Bow user is Niles, and PEMN, but my Niles got RNG screwed hard.  In Birthright, Takumi's a bit more RNG proof, and has his personal uber-bow, so Mozu is more overshadowed, as mentioned.  Setsuna's a poor Kinshi Knight, but she's not that great an Sniper, either, to be honest, and one of the worst mothers from a inheritance stand-point.

Takumi's son also makes a great Kinshi Knight, but that could be dependent on his mother, so it's hard to really compare the kids without writing a whole dissertation.

Selena does have bow-knight access, and Nyx has access to the fascinating Life and Death, Bow Faire, Adventurer build with easy Shining Bow access. Plus she's fast enough to double chapter 10 pegs to death with just a bronze bow, though you'll have a hell of a time leveling her if you don't marry Niles off fast for that Shining Bow. (You marry her to Odin and friendship her with Mozu).

The hell? No more daily Arena quests? No free orb?

Nino is so cheap. It's hard enough to beat her normally, let alone beat her in the fucking lava map. With a Dancer. I think I'll just have to accept I won't get a deathless run ever with Bunny Lucina.

32 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

No more Arena quests?

I just hope they will add something along with the update.

47 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nino is so cheap. It's hard enough to beat her normally, let alone beat her in the fucking lava map. With a Dancer. I think I'll just have to accept I won't get a deathless run ever with Bunny Lucina.

I only realized it's gone after I did 6 run in the Arena. I was like "Huh? Why is the fountain not emanating aura?" Orz

I'm honestly glad I used Palla as my bonus unit. She's really great in the lava map and bridge map (mostly to clear up space in the latter). And she tanks the fellow green girl without much difficulty.

I'm disappointed about the arena quests. It doesn't seem much to ask to get at least one free orb a day :/ Even two never seemed too much to me, although I have limited experience with gacha. I really hope something replaces it in the update. I only put money into games that make it feel like f2p is an option and you don't have to pay, after all, since I dislike the thought of encouraging the other model.

I really hope something replaces the arena quests after the scheduled maintenance. Else we are stuck with free orbs only during special events. I have a feeling the announced defense maps will be our future way of accumulating orbs.