Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

I meant in terms of quests, maps, etc. Sure, there's a lot of grinding to be done, but that's not particularly exciting.

Ah I see. Yeah I'm hoping for more quests etc to get released tomorrow.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Okay, how about I just talk about what I DO like about this update? Because I certainly can't complain about everything. In fact, the hero merit system is the only thing I find dumb and useless.

The seal skills? Awesome! I can kinda sorta get Freddy that Def+3 anyway despite that I decided to go Armored Blow instead earlier!

Switching your units' positions on the map before battle, definitely dig that.

Heroes 4 star and below getting more exp for battling lower level enemies is awesome too.

And of course the arena changes are quite welcome (so far. As I've yet to test them out).

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

They also added Google play achievements. At least they are appliex retroactively.

It's funny seeing like 15 achievements complete themselves at once

1 minute ago, Lyrai said:

I was certainly horrified when the daily orb from the Arena quests just dissapeared yesterday. They HAVE to bring back 2 orbs per day, so that every players get at least 5 pulls for each banner for the sake of everyone.

I don't know, I'd be perfectly fine if they only brought back 2 orbs per day for me. For the sake of me. ; )

For reals though, it's really unlikely that they wouldn't put a daily source of orbs back in.

4 minutes ago, GinRei said:

It's not going away any more than the orbs you get for doing the story mode.  Which is to say, they aren't.  You could get them yesterday, you can get them today, and you can get them 6 months from now.

The daily free orbs, however, DID go away.  You could get them yesterday, but you cannot today.  That's what it means to "go away".

I mean, not to be rude or anything, but her point was clearly not about the feature being removed in the future, but rather the limitations of the integrated system that prevent you from using the same unit to continually grind feathers.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Stratum 10 gives me 5 merit per hero. 9 gave me only 3. Still not sure how this works.

Were there 5 enemies when you did stratum 10 and 3 in stratum 9? I think number of enemies might also have a factor in this. Hero Merits can also be earned in the Arena.

Speaking of Arena, the game just loves pairing me with +5 enemies don't they?

Edited by Falcom

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, not to be rude or anything, but her point was clearly not about the feature being removed in the future, but rather the limitations of the integrated system that prevent you from using the same unit to continually grind feathers.

Yes, this. Thank you. It's sad that I can't repeatedly use my Freddy Bear to get 2000 feathers...

Also, I don't see the quests for seals yet. Where are they? Characters have the S skill slot now. So what's up here? I want to do those quests!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Were there 5 enemies when you did stratum 10 and 3 in stratum 9? I think number of enemies also has a factor in this. Hero Merits can also be earned in the Arena.

I get the impression merit is based on 'useful actions' done. My healers get a boatload of merit when I auto-battle.

Just now, Falcom said:

Were there 5 enemies when you did stratum 10 and 3 in stratum 9? I think number of enemies also has a factor in this. Hero Merits can also be earned in the Arena.

Do we know exactly how the new Arena match-making system works?

Glad to hear you get the HM in Arena.  I used all my Swords this morning, since I didn't think I'd be able to play tonight.

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

And, not to be rude, but I addressed that as my opening line.  You can't complain about the Hero Merit System if you're not also complaining that you cannot farm the story mode for orbs.

Just now, Astellius said:

But... but... my sanity though! Don't they care about that?!

She meant that she believes that they will make a source of orbs again.

Also, I really hope S skills are limited to only the basic boosts...

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

But... but... my sanity though! Don't they care about that?!

Uh, to remove the double-negative. What I meant was: It is expected for them to put back a daily source of orbs.

Edit: The sentence I typed is 'this is the kind of tomfoolery up with I will not put' tiers of stupid, but technically 'proper' english. Also, Ninja'd.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Were there 5 enemies when you did stratum 10 and 3 in stratum 9? I think number of enemies might also have a factor in this. Hero Merits can also be earned in the Arena.

S9, 5 enemies: 3 merit

S10, 4/5 enemies: 5 merit

S10, 3 enemies: 4 merit

so basically, just do stratum 10

Just now, GinRei said:

And, not to be rude, but I addressed that as my opening line.  You can't complain about the Hero Merit System if you're not also complaining that you cannot farm the story mode for orbs.

The difference is, your opening line is talking about something completely irrelevant to the point she was making. She never used 'going away' in reference to being removed from the game, which your first line actively discusses.

2 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Thing is with the orbs, that's what costs money. Feathers are something you can't buy. So it makes more sense for the free orbs to be limited. If they weren't, nobody would buy orbs.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Volo said:

I would argue that the update gives us a LOT to do. Hero Merit grinding is a great fill-in for whenever there isn't much else going on.

The problem is, I was already grinding random units before this. There isn't much for me to spend my stamina on anyways. 

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

The difference is, your opening line is talking about something completely irrelevant to the point she was making. She never used 'going away' in reference to being removed from the game, which your first line actively discusses.

Using that same logic, she should be complaining that the story orbs are going away because you cannot grind them after getting them.  It's literally the same argument.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is with the orbs, that's what costs money. Feathers are something you can't buy. So it makes more sense for the free orbs to be limited. If they weren't, nobody would buy orbs.

Whales have tons of feathers because you DO essentially buy feathers when you buy orbs.

Edited by GinRei

Just now, Korath88 said:

S9, 5 enemies: 3 merit

S10, 4/5 enemies: 5 merit

S10, 3 enemies: 4 merit

so basically, just do stratum 10

Yeah. Was about to say since I got 4 from 3 enemies in stratum 10. That's weird.

Another note: If you accidentally start the fight, there should be an option on the bottom that allows you to still swap spaces. So long as you don't move any of your units, that option will remain 

Just now, DehNutCase said:

?

5 orbs buy a minimum of 100 feathers.

What are you talking about? No they don't. You cannot buy anything in this game except orbs.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Uh, to remove the double-negative. What I meant was: It is expected for them to put back a daily source of orbs.

1 minute ago, Lyrai said:

She meant that she believes that they will make a source of orbs again.

Also, I really hope S skills are limited to only the basic boosts...

Oops, reading fail. This is what happens when I don't get sufficient orb intake!