Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

With +atk and buffs, Jeorge might OHKO though.

But you know what, I thought a bit more, and Klein's +HP might cancel out the -res a bit. I suppose I'll just have to test out both.

Except he doesn't. Jeorge would need something ridiculous like 65 Atk after buffs to oneshot relevant units (squishies like mages don't count), and that's ignoring Fury. Klein on the other hand can hit 50 Atk with less buffs (38 + 4 + 4) and can ORKO way more stuff than Jeorge can because of the Brave Bow. Also his stat spread isn't even bad, it's of course far from ideal but he's perfectly serviceable considering Glacies proc hardly factors into his ORKO's at all, at least in the level of arena you're playing in.

Klein is a godsend for you. It sucks that he wasn't the unit you wanted but that shouldn't count against him at all.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I really really wish i could pull a Brave Bower

One of my 3 Setsuna is +Speed, although i still need to get another Hana for LnD so i could get +1

Because one of those Setsuna went to create the GOAT Frederick Build

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Should've started with this from the very beginning.

Details!

Good morning, darling. It's been here for the whole two weeks since the 1st.

Oh really heh

Spoiler

Well now I just feel stupid!

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Except he doesn't. Jeorge would need something ridiculous like 65 Atk after buffs to oneshot relevant units (squishies like mages don't count), and that's ignoring Fury. Klein on the other hand can hit 50 Atk with less buffs (38 + 4 + 4) and can ORKO way more stuff than Jeorge can. Also his stat spread isn't even bad, it's of course far from ideal but he's perfectly serviceable considering Glacies proc hardly factors into his ORKO's at all, at least in the level of arena you're playing in.

Klein is a godsend for you. It sucks that he wasn't the unit you wanted but that shouldn't count against him at all.

And what are these relevant units you're talking about? If they're people like Takumi or Hector, I have other counters for them. My Axebreaker hammer Freddy will rip the latter apart and I have male Robin for Takumis. Jeorge wouldn't need to deal with them at all.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, because that would pretty much be reversing the weapon triangle and this could break the game to pieces.

Fun fact: I'm fairly sure Kagero can do this by default: she comes with Daggerbreaker, which counters Poison Dagger.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Fun fact: I'm fairly sure Kagero can do this by default: she comes with Daggerbreaker, which counters Poison Dagger.

Those aren't actually part of the weapon triangle. I'm talking about things like a sword wielder getting Lancebreaker or an axe wielder getting Swordbreaker. It's not possible because that's reversing the weapon triangle and potentially breaking the game.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And what are these relevant units you're talking about? If they're people like Takumi or Hector, I have other counters for them. My Axebreaker hammer Freddy will rip the latter apart and I have male Robin for Takumis. Jeorge wouldn't need to deal with them at all.

Klein doesn't take on Hector without a proc, granted, but Klein's matchup spread is significantly larger than both your Frederick and Robin. No need to pick units based on what they counter when you can carry one that can deal with all of them pretty well. That's the beauty of Brave + Death Blow, and it only gets more ridiculous with Atk buffs. Even Raven users like Robin have trouble vs Klein when his special is ready, and it builds up fast despite the high CD due to attacking twice. -Res hardly hurts Klein at all considering neutral or even + is overkill on most units anyway.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Those aren't actually part of the weapon triangle. I'm talking about things like a sword wielder getting Lancebreaker or an axe wielder getting Swordbreaker. It's not possible because that's reversing the weapon triangle and potentially breaking the game.

And my situation was exactly what I was complaining about when I was talking about pegasus knights not having access to Bowbreaker, right down to the example.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

And my situation was exactly what I was complaining about when I was talking about pegasus knights not having access to Bowbreaker, right down to the example.

Well, I was half-joking. You can't go against the triangle, but grey is outside it. Hence, other disadvantage comes in play.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Klein doesn't take on Hector without a proc, granted, but Klein's matchup spread is significantly larger than both your Frederick and Robin. No need to pick units based on what they counter when you can carry one that can deal with all of them pretty well. That's the beauty of Brave + Death Blow, and it only gets more ridiculous with Atk buffs. Even Raven users like Robin have trouble vs Klein when his special is ready, and it builds up fast despite the high CD due to attacking twice. -Res hardly hurts Klein at all considering neutral or even + is overkill on most units anyway.

Hm, I did notice he got Death Blow, but what I didn't notice is that he also gets Quick Reposte. Like I said though, I'll have to test out both him and Jeorge. I would still like to make the latter work too though. He just looks too cool.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, I was half-joking. You can't go against the triangle, but grey is outside it. Hence, other disadvantage comes in play.

Bowbreaker's probably worse than Quick Ripotse, Desperation, or even some other breaker skill in the hands of a pegasus anyway. It's the principle of the matter that bothers me.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Klein's match up is kinda funny. He basically one shot every single unit with lower than 28 DEF with Olivia support, and only Armors can survive a full turn of Olivia supported Klein

Its kind of a shame he can't make use of that speed, since some of the match up where he doesn't OHKO is around 2-3 speed below his original Doubling range

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

To be completely honest, this argument is indeed valid^

Which is why I'm on a mission to Make Navarre Great Again. Karel, where are you? Karel? KAAAREEEEELLLLLLL?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why I'm on a mission to Make Navarre Great Again. Karel, where are you? Karel? KAAAREEEEELLLLLLL?

Navarre looks like a weirdo though, and Karel already looks like a straight up Baller. The first thing I think of when I see Karel is this.

Spoiler

Or this.

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

He is?

Yup

Edit: actually it depends on the way you look at it, also Bane and boons are a factor 

Edited by Arcanite

I was looking at the new units before pulling from the SoV banner and while looking at Lukas stats, I thought a +Atk/-Spd nature would probably be one of his best option. I then proceed to pull him 1 minute later with a +Spd/-Atk nature. A 5* is a 5* I guess...

Navvare is basically Speed Boon Karel if the numbers on gamepress is correct

Karel is much more bulky

Lon'Qu is probably the best of them, since he's weaker than both, but had better speed and middleground bulk

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

How so? I'm curious. Is he worth training after all?

I actually edited my post but one simple explanation is the fact that Navarre has 37 speed while Karel has 35at neutral.

There's other things too but I'm on my phone and it needs to charge so I actually need to run right now heh

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I actually edited my post but one simple explanation is the fact that Navarre has 37 speed while Karel has 35at neutral.

There's other things too but I'm on my phone and it needs to charge so I actually need to run right now heh

Okay! thanks :)

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why I'm hunting for Karel! The Scarlet Sword needs his scarlet sword, dammit!

You know who should have had their wo dao and I'm miffed they don't? Fir.

Now that would have been a nice source of wo dao for everybody and would have made sense.

Edited by salinea