• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Freaking hell, I'm gonna have to be careful with JP names again now.

Because "Effie" and "Faye" are mentioned fairly often in this thread.

I'm not familiar with the Japanese names. 

Out of curiosity, what confusion would there be? 

So I'm thinking -Spd Seliph w/ Windsweep is about the tankiest red unit next to Draug. Does Windsweep work on only Player Phase though?

I'm so done with my sister's luck.

Spoiler

My Sister: I'm gonna summon.
Me: Okay
*summons*
My Sister: Oh my goodness! *freaks out*
Me: What'd you get?
My Sister: I got Nowi. (she doesn't actually like Nowi)
Me: Seriously, what'd you get? I doubt you got Alm.
My Sister: But I did get Alm.
(Now if you don't understand, my sister lies a lot. So basically I can tell if she is lying or not)
My Sister: ... *smiles*
Me: See you didn't get Alm.
My Sister: Oh yeah? *shows Alm on her screen*
Me: Okay. Then, play his voice clip to prove it (she was actually also about to play the paralogue. So it might be that Alm instead)
My Sister: ...
Me: Stop lying. I really doubt you got Alm.
My Sister: If you aren't gonna believe me, at least believe the fact that I got Clair. *shows Clair* (It's actually a legit Clair)
Me: Huh. Nice. So then that only means you didn't get Alm.
My Sister: But I did get Alm. I'm telling you.
Me: Okay then. What's the sword Alm wields? (My sister has never seen/heard about Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia)
My Sister: ... *looks at her phone*
Me: You better not be searching up the answer.
My Sister: OH MY GOD! I GOT ALM! I ACTUALLY GOT ALM! *shows Alm* (It's actually a... legit.... Alm...)

Basically, she was lying about pulling Alm the entire time. And then just as I was about to confirm it myself, she gets Alm. I'm at a loss for words.

She may have used 70 orbs to get 2 5* stars. But it's certainly better than my crappy luck where I spent 60 orbs to get none.

Edited by Falcom

I found a Life or Death Jaffar in the training tower with 1 resistance. I have never seen anyone have resistance so low, even with life & death. laughed all the way to the bank as sanaki nuked him for 50 damage

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds about right.

But my god is her voice stupid as hell. Why does she sound British? That's just completely weird on a dragon character.

Sorry, gotta defend my favorite FE character here.

1) There's a criteria for what accented voices are appropriate on dragons? Last time I checked, this wasn't a thing.

2) I don't get why an English voice is "stupid" to you. If anything, it adds some accent diversity among the FE cast, not to mention it's not like Tiki has a stereotypical personality to match the stereotypes of that respective region's accent like Virion or Laslow.

3) She likely sounds English due to how in Awakening, she was a wise, mystical character that, to add, was an apostle-or oracle- to a god. Such mystical characters quite commonly have such accents, and Tiki's younger self got Mela Lee again to do her accent for consistency's sake.

4) Tiki's voice is lovely. Okay, that's a trivial opinion, but I'll oppose the opposite any day of the week on that. :P

34 minutes ago, Elieson said:

So I'm thinking -Spd Seliph w/ Windsweep is about the tankiest red unit next to Draug. Does Windsweep work on only Player Phase though?

I might have misunderstood how Windsweep works, but from how I understand it, it prevents your units from doubling anyone, but in exchange, if you have at least 1 more speed than your opponent, they can't counter-attack. Which means that it would only activate against characters with 20 Spd or less if a -Spd Seliph had it. And Windsweep only works on Player Phase.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I might have misunderstood how Windsweep works, but from how I understand it, it prevents your units from doubling anyone, but in exchange, if you have at least 1 more speed than your opponent, they can't counter-attack. Which means that it would only activate against characters with 20 Spd or less if a -Spd Seliph had it. And Windsweep only works on Player Phase.

Yea, I just realized that I misunderstood how it works. It basically means that Faster units can prevent doubling from occuring back by fastest units.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Yea, I just realized that I misunderstood how it works. It basically means that Faster units can prevent doubling from occuring back by fastest units.

I don't have an Alm, so I can't actually test this, but I think it's the exact opposite. Windsweep prevents you from doubling, but in exchange, it prevents the foes from counter-attacking as long as you're faster than them, be it by 1 point. Windsweep will be useless against a Lucina, but it will allow you to attack Hector without getting bashed by Armads, though you won't be doubling him. 

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I don't have an Alm, so I can't actually test this, but I think it's the exact opposite. Windsweep prevents you from doubling, but in exchange, it prevents the foes from counter-attacking as long as you're faster than them, be it by 1 point. Windsweep will be useless against a Lucina, but it will allow you to attack Hector without getting bashed by Armads, though you won't be doubling him. 

That's what i meant...It's pointless on slower people, but super double duper on people who are fast and want to safely chip at a counter-able range. It's a bit tricky though, as the fastest people _want_ to double everybody in sight, and would sooner suck up a counter hit if it means they can ORKO somebody. Maybe someone like TA!Robin with Blarraven would enjoy it, to maximize potential of single-hit instances, but then again, they're usually just slightly slower than their biggest targets, not slightly faster.

Edited by Elieson

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

1) There's a criteria for what accented voices are appropriate on dragons? Last time I checked, this wasn't a thing.

Not specific to Tiki, but here are my thoughts on accented voices:

When a character is given an accent, it typically means one of two things: the character is from the region where the accent originates (or learned the language there) or the listener is meant to project the stereotypes of that accent to that character.

The first case obviously doesn't apply to non-real-world settings, so I won't go into it.

In a fantasy setting, the second case is what applies. This means that any non-neutral accent carries some meaning to the construction of the character.

In Japanese, Sanaki speaks with a "venerable old geezer" accent, meant to convey her position of authority and some amount of old-fashionedness while at the same time providing significant contrast with her occasional childish lines (she has the candy line in Japanese, too).

It's why I find Windsweep to be kind of a 'eh' skill. It's more useful on fast units, but they usually want to double.

Someone like Hana + Brave Sword might find use for it with L&D since it will allow her to attack enemies with 35 Speed or less without the fear of retaliation. 

Just now, LuxSpes said:

It's why I find Windsweep to be kind of a 'eh' skill. It's more useful on fast units, but they usually want to double.

Someone like Hana + Brave Sword might find use for it with L&D since it will allow her to attack enemies with 35 Speed or less without the fear of retaliation. 

They could just run Vantage or Desperation then, giving them safety in an OHKO (well 2HKO) situation, or letting them double up immediately (depending on the phase).

I'm with you. This whole banner features some neat nostalgia, a cute set of boobs, an EXP booster for bows and a bunch of poor man's replacements. Not much overall for inheritance though that'll exceed value over other things that are already available. Faye is overall really meh statwise, Claire hits like a spitball, Lukas is a poor man's Ephraim (probably the best in the pack) and Alm is basically the halfway point between Marth and Lucina with really bad base skills (therefore, expensive to give a primary function to). I hate to skip it but I'm gonna skip the banner. I put all my hopes in the *Sweep stuff, and they're just not gonna cut it

I'm confused by when Windsweep would be useful. You obviously want it on a fast unit, so you can prevent more units from counterattacking. But at the same time, fast units want to double. When would windsweep  be useful?

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

This whole banner features some neat nostalgia, a cute set of boobs, an EXP booster for bows and a bunch of poor man's replacements. 

"A cute set of boobs"

Okay then.....

Anywho my view of the banner is:

Flying Peri (expected)

Male Oboro with innate Killer lance

Roy with a falchion 

And a quite unique bow user with a useless experience skill

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm confused by when Windsweep would be useful. You obviously want it on a fast unit, so you can prevent more units from counterattacking. But at the same time, fast units want to double. When would windsweep  be useful?

Windsweep is helpful if you want a glass cannon like Linde/Minerva/L&D3 unit to run some chip damage without getting themselves harmed...that's about it though, it's all to help make chipping easier

Just now, Arcanite said:

"A cute set of boobs"

Okay then.....

Anywho my view of the banner is:

Flying Peri (expected)

Male Oboro with innate Killer lance

Roy with a falchion 

And a quite unique bow user with an useless experience skill

Exactly. Faye's experience skill can help speed things up during EXP Boost events (it's why I wanted bunny chrom...so I can grind up Arena Bonus exp units much faster up to 40 for arena usage). I don't use Bow people personally, but I'd like to have it just in case things change in the future. That's about it realy.

Faye has 25 Spd at max level neutral. 25. Spd. WHY? It's like they want her to be bad.

Lukas actually reaches retarded levels of defense (like, over 40 before he even reaches max level), but he doesn't have the movement demerit of armored units. He does have poor Res and poor offense, but I think he's worth something. Not sure about Claire yet, and Alm has the Falchion so he's still salvageable.

Alm with a +Spd mod and the Speed +1 seal makes pretty good use of Windsweep if you have something with rally/fortify speed (gives him 38 speed once rallied).

He prevents counter attacks on anything with 37 speed or less this way (I gave mine threaten speed to also have windsweep work on units up to 42 speed).

Main thing is that it allows you to kill things without taking damage (which combined with the passive renewal 2 on Falchion makes Alm pretty durable).

1 minute ago, HyperBowser said:

Alm with a +Spd mod and the Speed +1 seal makes pretty good use of Windsweep if you have something with rally/fortify speed (gives him 38 speed once rallied).

He prevents counter attacks on anything with 37 speed or less this way (I gave mine threaten speed to also have windsweep work on units up to 42 speed).

Main thing is that it allows you to kill things without taking damage (which combined with the passive renewal 2 on Falchion makes Alm pretty durable).

The thing is though, because he's only doing one hit, and he doesn't have a giant Attack stat to begin with, there's really nothing much that he can one shot without a lot of Rally Help and stuff. He's going to take the counterattack hit anyway, except with the additional danger of triggering Defiants and giving the enemy Special charge.

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Exactly. Faye's experience skill can help speed things up during EXP Boost events (it's why I wanted bunny chrom...so I can grind up Arena Bonus exp units much faster up to 40 for arena usage). I don't use Bow people personally, but I'd like to have it just in case things change in the future. That's about it realy.

I just like her for her stats actually. Hit her up with the +Spd to help you not get doubled, or to double for yourself. Perfect chip for distant counter stuff too

I also stared at her resistance stat for about 5 minutes. Literally amaze.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The thing is though, because he's only doing one hit, and he doesn't have a giant Attack stat to begin with, there's really nothing much that he can one shot without a lot of Rally Help and stuff. He's going to take the counterattack hit anyway, except with the additional danger of triggering Defiants and giving the enemy Special charge.

But entire thing about Windsweep is that the enemy doesn't get to use a counter attack at all if you outspeed them by just one point (which is something Alm can easily do with a +Speed mod and a little team support). With a dancer he can kill most enemies without taking a single point of damage (or atleast weaken them for a ranged unit to finish off).

I haven't tested it yet but I assume it also prevents skills like vantage, quick riposte and swordbreaker from proccing.