Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Onne thing you can do to lvl faster and focus on a single units is take weapons off. so what I do is i use my unit that i want to grind along with a singer no weapon a healer no weapon but can still heal and a tank in my case a +9y tiki with no weapon and ez grind

Yeah, I just worry I might run into a unit that walls my lowbie, so I have the Dancers as backup, but thanks for the suggestion.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I just worry I might run into a unit that walls my lowbie, so I have the Dancers as backup, but thanks for the suggestion.

Ever try using 2 dancers and a healer?

Its bangers

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ever try using 2 dancers and a healer?

Its bangers

Yep, I run Olivia, Ninian, and whichever healer I'm leveling at the time!

Also, my Ninian is one of my few 5* that isn't -Atk, she's -Spd.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

she's -Spd.

LOL

So she isn't -Atk, but she's still -Spd? Do you realize how hilarious this is? XD

How do you make your animal sacrifices? When was the last time you gave Anna a steak?

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

LOL

So she isn't -Atk, but she's still -Spd? Do you realize how hilarious this is? XD

How do you make your animal sacrifices? When was the last time you gave Anna a steak?

I'm about to raise Anna to 5*, so hopefully, that helps.  I think Jaffar is about the only 5* I have that has a good nature.

24 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The madman cleared Lunatic 9-1 with literally only a single vanilla 3* flier I'm so done

That was great!! cleared easily with minerva XD didnt know I didnt need full 4 team of fliers

48 minutes ago, Shiro said:

That was great!! cleared easily with minerva XD didnt know I didnt need full 4 team of fliers

Michalis, not Minerva. Which is important, since Michalis is available to anyone who cleared his GHB, while Minerva is pretty rare due to being 5* only.

I'm really loving the sword flier Belinda got me.

Seriously, that IHOP table when I only had 10 orbs.

Caeda is helping knock out those quests while she gets leveled.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The madman cleared Lunatic 9-1 with literally only a single vanilla 3* flier I'm so done

And here I was thinking I needed 4 flyers!!

This was good to watch and inspiring! So I tried it, but my Michalis is a 5* and I couldn't follow up the exact moves because the red mage attack Michalis before he activates his AoE (The pegasus die with one attack) and he can't kill the mage with one attack, so my Michalis died... Then I tried again, but this time I forced the enemy Michalis and Camus to attack before the red mage come near, that allowed my Michalis to activate his AoE and win.

The guy that do these videos is very ingenious, also a big help.

If only I could do the same for the 9th stratum quest haha... I'm lv up Subaki and Catria for it, maybe use Narcian too, since I already have him at a high lv.

14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

...I just noticed. What we have as the "Tap!" button in English is "TOUCH!" in all caps there...akin to a certain highly controversial feature in Japanese Fates. :facepalm:

But interesting pull given your current situation. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I just noticed. What we have as the "Tap!" button in English is "TOUCH!" in all caps there...akin to a certain highly controversial feature in Japanese Fates. :facepalm:

I'm almost certain that the word "tap" as a loan word from English in Japanese refers to a water faucet, whereas "touch" as a loan word refers to how you interact with a touch screen (and most of its other meanings in English).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm almost certain that the word "tap" as a loan word from English in Japanese refers to a water faucet, whereas "touch" as a loan word refers to how you interact with a touch screen (and most of its other meanings in English).

Actually, tap in English can mean a light touch too, like just tapping a screen. And the word touch being in all caps there...yeah, was that necessary?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Actually, tap in English can mean a light touch too, like just tapping a screen. And the word touch being in all caps there...yeah, was that necessary?

See tap water.

Also, maybe they just really want you to TOUCH! the screen.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

See tap water.

Also, maybe they just really want you to TOUCH! the screen.

I know what tap water is. That wasn't my point... xP

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

"Tap" in Japanese only means "water faucet". Just like how "shamshir" in English refers only to the Persian curve-bladed sword, whereas "shamshir" in Persian refers to any sword. When a language borrows words from another language, it usually doesn't borrow every meaning of the word over.

All caps is also not abnormal for English text in a Japanese context because the Japanese language doesn't have a concept of capitalization.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think that's just a quirk in japanese. Feel like you often see english words in all capitals even when they don't need to be. Pokemon's japanese titles, for instance, include the english alphabet for nicknames but only in caps.

32 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It would be funny if Roger could defect from your army, if you let him get in range of enemy Peg Knights.

As for the touch, it's odd that it's in English, when the rest of the screen is not.

In med school, they taught us to use the ICE words: inspect, check, examine when doing a physical, so it didn't come off wrong.  I'm going to inspect your X, sounds better than I'm going to touch your X.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Tap" in Japanese only means "water faucet". Just like how "shamshir" in English refers only to the Persian curve-bladed sword, whereas "shamshir" in Persian refers to any sword. When a language borrows words from another language, it usually doesn't borrow every meaning of the word over.

All caps is also not abnormal for English text in a Japanese context because the Japanese language doesn't have a concept of capitalization.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

I think that's just a quirk in japanese. Feel like you often see english words in all capitals even when they don't need to be. Pokemon's japanese titles, for instance, include the english alphabet for nicknames but only in caps.

Ohhh, then I misunderstood here, my bad.

I just thought, wouldn't it be cool to have Myrrh as a Green Breath Flier? I wonder what kind of Breath they'd give her, though. Fire and Lightning seem to be Archanea, and Light is Elibe. Maybe they'll make her a new one.

But that doesn't matter, because you give her Lightning Breath+, then put Iote on her, and buff her with Fortify Dragons...

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just thought, wouldn't it be cool to have Myrrh as a Green Breath Flier? I wonder what kind of Breath they'd give her, though. Fire and Lightning seem to be Archanea, and Light is Elibe. Maybe they'll make her a new one.

But that doesn't matter, because you give her Lightning Breath+, then put Iote on her, and buff her with Fortify Dragons...

Oh man, I forgot Myrrh got flying bonuses in SS, that'd be great. She'd also be able to use Fortify & Hone Flier.

Man in the long term fliers get lots of gimmicky units. Flying dragon, flying archer, flying mage, flying dancer (the herons).

Just now, r_n said:

Oh man, I forgot Myrrh got flying bonuses in SS, that'd be great. She'd also be able to use Fortify & Hone Flier.

Man in the long term fliers get lots of gimmicky units. Flying dragon, flying archer, flying mage, flying dancer (the herons).

LOL, you're right. That'd give flier teams some much needed magic damage and 1-2 range. I need her now.