• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

With Michalis and Subaki in my side this will be too easy, I also have Lv 40 Est, Catria and Shiida 

Edited by Troykv
Typo

So playing through these flier quests gave me a pretty fun time with a combination of units I hadn't used before, and finally helped me decide what to use those feathers I had lying around on. 

CFcmpE6.jpg

Claire is even gonna be a bonus unit, so if I can get them all levelled and SI'd pretty quick, it should make for a fun arena run.

So I mainly focused on red orbs in an effort to get Alm. Didn't get any 5*s from red orbs. And then I had a summon that didn't have any red orbs. Decided to pick green to lower the likelihood of resetting my 5* percentage.... and I got a 5* Merric. 

I already have a 5* Merric. 

*Throws desk out the window*

This was probably the biggest "Fuck you" from the RNG.

That was criminally easy. Did all of the quests in under 15 min. Cherche ( Lvl 40+2  4*) and Catria ( Lvl 39 5* ) pretty much carried the whole team. Had to use a Light's Blessing on 9-1 though, but apart from that, real easy.

That was criminally easy. Did all of the quests in under 15 min. Cherche ( Lvl 40+2  4*) and Catria ( Lvl 39 5* ) pretty much carried the whole team. Had to use a Light's Blessing on 9-1 though, but apart from that, real easy.

1 hour ago, Levin's Scarf said:

So I mainly focused on red orbs in an effort to get Alm. Didn't get any 5*s from red orbs. And then I had a summon that didn't have any red orbs. Decided to pick green to lower the likelihood of resetting my 5* percentage.... and I got a 5* Merric. 

I already have a 5* Merric. 

*Throws desk out the window*

This was probably the biggest "Fuck you" from the RNG.

Well, maybe it has a good boon/bane. If it doesn't, you can always merge him.

23 hours ago, eclipse said:

Find a unit that's relatively hard-hitting and fast, and who doesn't want the -5 Def/Res from Life and Death.  I can see Alm making decent use of it.

Hmm, I guess between LaD and Fury, +4 Atk/Spd on player phase only tends to not be ideal.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm, I guess between LaD and Fury, +4 Atk/Spd on player phase only tends to not be ideal.

Swift Sparrow has the same use as Escutcheon, you sacrifice maximum offense in return for surviving more counters. Useful on very glass cannons like Hana so they don't get 1HKOd before the first double. (Lucina is basically Hana but better in that department, having enough bulk to survive most blues to double for lethal.)

It's basically the 'halfway' choice between L&D and Fury. Less bulk than fury, but more damage. Less damage than L&D, but more player phase bulk.

It'll probably take a few more min-maxed units to appear before it's useful, however---current stat spreads favor more speed on EP over more def/res on both phases for bulk. (Edit: For glass cannons, pure spd dumping tanks obviously just want raw def/res) Doubles kill glass cannons either way, single hits rarely---unless you have a really unfortunate defensive spread like Hana---and L&D helps prevent doubles.

Edited by DehNutCase

With the flier quest, I could've completed it in a second, having the ever faithful Subaki, Narcian and Palla all at level 40 and ready to go, with handy newcomers, Michalis and Bunny!Camilla, in the wing... 

But instead I decide to level up an all new team for the heck of it. Bunny!Camilla the second (need to get her to 40 to find her ivs), Cherche, Shanna and Florina. Saves wasting exp ^.^ They're already completed several of the quests, up to 5-4 lunatic and are currently levelling. Time will tell if I give up and use my old faithfuls, or continue to press this new team to boss everyone :D 

Does the AI suicide into level 40 units when I'm trying to train up lowbies just to spite me?  An Axe Fighter suicided into level 40 Olivia, when level 7 Navarre was closer.  It's funny, because I'm 90% sure the guy did less damage and got way more overkilled that way, but it did deprive Navarre of SP and XP.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does the AI suicide into level 40 units when I'm trying to train up lowbies just to spite me?  An Axe Fighter suicided into level 40 Olivia, when level 7 Navarre was closer.  It's funny, because I'm 90% sure the guy did less damage and got way more overkilled that way, but it did deprive Navarre of SP and XP.

Yeah I think they do do that.

Happened to me too. But only once cause I caught on instantly

The AI is evil indeed

Man thank god I did those lunatic flier quests last month, made these quests a total breeze. also a total breeze: only needing to do a thing once and not needing everyone to survive

still wish i had mage camilla, though. here's hoping aversa comes soon. and reina would be cool too but i bet we get no new fates characters for aaaaaages, much less reina.

45 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The AI is following its programming, actually. It prioritizes attacking Dancers, Staff users, and other units, in that order. Had this happen to me while I was training Sharena, so I fiddled with leaving certain units in enemy ranges to make sure. Level or stats don't matter.

Edited by MrSmokestack

To change a bit the topic, I do wish they implement debuff spells like Veronica's on future mages, or dark mages.

So far, Leo is the only mage to have a debuff on his spell, but nothing else. Like, having an area debuff with fear/slow or that target def/res reduction.

Also I was daydreaming the other day and thought about an Itsuki build with falchion, blazing thunder/aether/galeforce, (A) espada/diamondsplitter and (B) seal special. As (C) skill he can get a new skill like dekunda that dispells debuffs on adjacent allies.

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

To change a bit the topic, I do wish they implement debuff spells like Veronica's on future mages, or dark mages.

So far, Leo is the only mage to have a debuff on his spell, but nothing else. Like, having an area debuff with fear/slow or that target def/res reduction.

Also I was daydreaming the other day and thought about an Itsuki build with falchion, blazing thunder/aether/galeforce, (A) espada/diamondsplitter and (B) seal special. As (C) skill he can get a new skill like dekunda that dispells debuffs on adjacent allies.

Healers are all the debuff mages one needs! - intsys, probably, as they churn out another standard healer with nothing one of the 7 bog standard spells

Just now, Quintessence said:

I think it'll probably stay restricted to ultimate weapons. We'll probably eventually get Veronica with her Panic-style effect, and as we get other ultimate weapons, odds are that some of their effects will include either traditional seal-type effects or others like the Dark Breath / Smoke Dagger style effects. Any "level 2" passive skill seems to be a possible option for an ultimate weapon, as do other sorts of effects, so there are lots of possibilities. It does seem like something that'd go more with "dark mage" type characters, though, so those might be the ones to look to for that showing up in the future: Lyon with Naglfar, Nergal with Ereshkigal, Julius with Loptyr, Aversa with Goetia, Gharnef with Imhullu.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Geez, I remember that happening to me once. The enemy had weapon advantage over the weakling and could do nothing to Olivia (I think they may have been a greenie and had weapon disadvantage) but it seemed to know that it couldn't win and just suicided on her instead of the unit it could actually damage before it died. Was so annoyed -.-

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Geez, I remember that happening to me once. The enemy had weapon advantage over the weakling and could do nothing to Olivia (I think they may have been a greenie and had weapon disadvantage) but it seemed to know that it couldn't win and just suicided on her instead of the unit it could actually damage before it died. Was so annoyed -.-

It's sort of a "You can't fire me, I quit" sort of defiance on the enemy's part.

Just now, Rezzy said:

It's sort of a "You can't fire me, I quit" sort of defiance on the enemy's part.

A massive 'screw you' just for the sake of it xD 

Hey, if you're gonna die, might as well do it in the most inconvenient manner possible!

SP tho

Flier orb quests were pretty easy since I have Catria/Palla on my arena team and a Level 35 Michalis and Subaki lying around from the last set of quests. The lack of an "all units must survive" condition meant that the latter being 3* units wasn't a problem.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Onne thing you can do to lvl faster and focus on a single units is take weapons off. so what I do is i use my unit that i want to grind along with a singer no weapon a healer no weapon but can still heal and a tank in my case a +9y tiki with no weapon and ez grind