Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Doesn't everybody in the game just refer to Limstella as a she anyway?

That's because English doesn't have a gender-neutral singular pronoun appropriate for use with people.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Speaking of new skills, I wonder if we'll ever get a special that scales off speed, similar to how Bonfire scales off defense.

Anna would actually be good

Actually I haven't gotten her to 5* yet so I dunno how good she really is

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

We probably need a wind and thunder special like how bonfire and iceberg reflect fire and ice, not AoE skills though.

Oooooh that sounds cool. 

Hoping for a spd-based wind special.

For the thunder, we could have... idk what else is left.

• Scale off your HP (more damage the higher your %, so the opposite of Vengeance)
  • Scale off the enemy's HP
  • Scale off the enemy's atk
  • Scale off the enemy's spd

Those are some ideas off the top of my head. 

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Anna would actually be good

Actually I haven't gotten her to 5* yet so I dunno how good she really is

If Anna was a tome user her spread would be pretty legit actually.

But she isn't -_-

A Brave ax + Life and Death on her is quite nice. Also warping around with a Noatun is always fun heh. But when it comes to promotion, it depends on what you'd need.

Either way, with regards to the Askr Trio, Sharena > Anna > that last guy.

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oooooh that sounds cool. 

• Scale off your HP (more damage the higher your %, so the opposite of Vengeance)

I'm surprised you didn't give "Scale off enemy Def" idea, since technically that already exist lol

Speaking of Speed Scaling....

46 x 80% = 40.8

Caeda God Tier here we go

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, JSND said:

I'm surprised you didn't give "Scale off enemy Def" idea, since technically that already exist lol

I didn't mention that because that's literally what Luna does. 

42 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

A skill that takes away spd and gives def would be amazing on tanks. 

It'd be way too good on tanks which is probably why Fortress Def removes from Atk instead from Spd, especially on Armors that can use Wary Fighter.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

It'd be way too good on tanks which is probably why Fortress Def removes from Atk instead from Spd, especially on Armors that can use Wary Fighter.

Honestly it won't be all that good simply because how weak Tanks are right now

An ability is really just as overpowered as who gets to use it

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

*implies tanks are weak*

*Hector, Effie, and Zephiel exist*

lolwut

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

*implies tanks are weak*

lolwut

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

*implies tanks are weak*

lolwut

Theyre weak compared to "OSfrog Horse". I'd daresay the main reason Lukas is great is because of his gargantuan attack stats

Only one of those armor i actually respect is Hector tbh and in this context the imaginary ability would be useless on Hector

Edited by JSND

I finally pulled an odin and man I didn't realize how many good skills he has. The full red tome breaker line: good. the best blue tome: great. moonbow: ok not the best but still 30% extra damage in 2 turn count isn't terrible.

wish i had more of him already

I finally pulled an odin and man I didn't realize how many good skills he has. The full red tome breaker line: good. the best blue tome: great. moonbow: ok not the best but still 30% extra damage in 2 turn count isn't terrible.

wish i had more of him already

Just now, JSND said:

Theyre weak compared to "OSfrog Horse"

Only one of those armor i actually respect is Hector tbh and in this context the imaginary ability would be useless on Hector

Well sure, literally every unit is weak compared to the units with the highest damage output in the game. That goes without saying.

Are you going to try and convince me Nowi is weak because she's not a horse emblem mage? Or Lucina? 

Also, "this theoretical ability wouldn't be good on X" is a different statement from "X is weak", which was your first statement and the one I'm disagreeing with.

Besides, your blade mages need a team built around them to shine. If you're going to compare them to armored units like Hector then you're going to have to compare Cecilia or Ursula with no team buffs to Hector. Otherwise, if you're going to grant them buffs in this matchup, I may as well stack 3 Goad/Ward Armors on Hector and say he's OP too. 

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because English doesn't have a gender-neutral singular pronoun appropriate for use with people.

It absolutely does, it's called "they". It doesn't yet have universal acceptance as a singular word, so it's not too surprising for a game to avoid it, but it certainly exists.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well sure, literally every unit is weak compared to the units with the highest damage output in the game. That goes without saying.

Are you going to try and convince me Nowi is weak because she's not a horse emblem mage? Or Lucina? 

Also, "this theoretical ability wouldn't be good on X" is a different statement from "X is weak", which was your first statement and the one I'm disagreeing with.

Besides, your blade mages need a team built around them to shine. If you're going to compare them to armored units like Hector then you're going to have to compare Cecilia or Ursula with no team buffs to Hector. Otherwise, if you're going to grant them buffs in this matchup, I may as well stack 3 Goad/Ward Armors on Hector and say he's OP too. 

Eh i'd admit the way i say tanks are weak isn't the right way to say it and leave it at that

Really what i was going to say is along the lines of "the ability to increase attack that also reduce speed won't be all that overpowered". Thats a big difference from outright saying Armors are weak which i'll admit isn't really true since as you mentioned Hector and really, Xander, Michalis, and Camus exist

Not gonna say anything about your Hector is OP claims because i never played Armor Emblem. Honestly the way i see it, Stacking 3 Goad and 3 Ward requires you to contend with 1 Mov, 2 Panel Coverage while Horse Emblem can do that with 3 Mov and 5 Panel Offensive coverage, or Flier Emblem with 2 Mov and Terrain Freedom which significantly improves their versatility. In this regards, i daresay a team that use 2 Armor and 2 Infantry is a bigger favoritism than a team that use 4 Horses just because the former forces you on a disadvantage from the get go

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It absolutely does, it's called "they". It doesn't yet have universal acceptance as a singular word, so it's not too surprising for a game to avoid it, but it certainly exists.

"They" is more used for the gender unknown situation where you don't know what gender the person is or gender agnostic where it is not important to specify gender, basically, anytime when "he/she" is appropriate. When that person has no gender, I don't think "they" works as well.

There's then also the issue of a gender-neutral honorific to use. Some honorifics can be gender-neutral ("Master", for example, can often still be used in place of "Mistress"), but "Lord" and "Lady" are decidedly gendered.

@JSND Alright, we'll leave it at that then.

As for Armor Emblem, theoretically speaking, a full armor team with Distant Counter is a lot more terrifying than an infantry team. The issue is, of course, that it's incredibly expensive to build (nigh impossible for F2P), but if we're just talking theoreticals, then Armor Emblem is perfectly legitimate imo.

That said, @Ice Dragon probably has more to say on the matter than I do. 

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oooooh that sounds cool. 

Thunder special based on max hp seems awesome and plausible. Hope they do that. Vital thunder punch!

@JSND @MaskedAmpharos

Once you're stacking 2 or 3 stacks of Ward Armor, a full armor team with Distant Counter under player control is absolutely terrifying. A bit less so under enemy control due to the player being able to pick targets, but still terrifying.

For perspective:

+10 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3) with Hone Cavalry buff, probably the most powerful wall-breaker in the game,

• Kills +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Draug handily. Duh.
  • Is killed on the counterattack by +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Gwendolyn with 1 stack of Ward Armor. Gwendolyn survives with 5/53 HP.
    • With 3 stacks of Ward Armor, Gwendolyn survives with 21/53 HP.
  • Is killed on the counterattack by +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Effie with 1 stack of Ward Armor. Effie survives with 4/54 HP.
    • With 3 stacks of Ward Armor, Effie survives with 20/54 HP.
  • Is killed on the counterattack by +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Sheena with no buffs. Sheena survives with 27/49 HP.
    • With 3 stacks of Ward Armor, Sheena takes zero damage.

Now, Reinhardt has the problem that Dire Thunder will fully charge up Bonfire for the counterattack. Let's try Nino.

+10 Nino [+Spd, -Res] (Life and Death 3, Desperation 3) with Hone Atk 2 (Sieglinde or Siegmund) and Hone Spd 3 buffs

• Is killed on the counterattack by +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Draug when Desperation is not active. Draug survives with 21/54 HP.
  • Is killed on the counterattack by +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Draug with 2 stacks of Ward Armor when Desperation is active. Draug survives with 4/54 HP.
  • Kills +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Gwendolyn and Effie. Nino takes a lot of damage if Desperation is not active.
  • Is killed on the counterattack by +10 Wall of Fire and Sharp Things Sheena with 1 stack of Ward Armor regardless of Desperation. Sheena survives with 1/49 HP.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"They" is more used for the gender unknown situation where you don't know what gender the person is or gender agnostic where it is not important to specify gender, basically, anytime when "he/she" is appropriate. When that person has no gender, I don't think "they" works as well.

There's then also the issue of a gender-neutral honorific to use. Some honorifics can be gender-neutral ("Master", for example, can often still be used in place of "Mistress"), but "Lord" and "Lady" are decidedly gendered.

It works fine for and in reference to plenty of real-world nonbinary people. Although it's true that other language can be trickier to adapt to gender-neutral forms.

49 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I WANT A DUPE LUCINA. NOW.

I regret merging my Alm now. Shoulda kept the -Atk one instead of the -Def one.

A dupe Lucina? Why you need Alm?