Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Sunwoo said:

But are you upset that Roy didn't get Distant Counter despite his sword having it in his original game

This is the part that annoys me. I'm not a Roy fan in particular, but they took that away from him. So yeah, give Ike it and give him a second unique skill to help break his signature special... but why not at least give Roy his Distant Counter instead of making him... nothing special?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

But are you upset that Roy didn't get Distant Counter despite his sword having it in his original game

Ah, that's the only thing that I'm dissapointed with about Roy, really. It really made the weapon bad. He should be strong, nay, even stronger than Ike!

1 minute ago, Lyrai said:

Ah, that's the only thing that I'm dissapointed with about Roy, really. It really made the weapon bad. He should be strong, nay, even stronger than Ike!

He was the second most popular guy, as well, so why nerf him so much? Maybe his CYL will make up for it, but he shouldn't have to wait for that to get a skill he should have been given access to from the start.

I'm not sure what the logic of not giving Roy distant counter on his weapon was when Ryouma, Xander, and now Ike all get it. Did Zephiel's sword in FE6 also have 2-range, because if so then he should've gotten it too. Roy and Zephiel were cheated.

Right now, Ike may look really good, but he's still probably going to be another swordie. Sure, he might be a bit annoying to take care of, but I suppose a strong unit with swordbreaker may still take him out without that much issue? Also, didn't Alm have windsweep but not super high speed to take advantage of it? Ike could be the same, maybe. EDIT: With respect to his A-skill, I mean.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not sure what the logic of not giving Roy distant counter on his weapon was when Ryouma, Xander, and now Ike all get it. Did Zephiel's sword in FE6 also have 2-range, because if so then he should've gotten it too. Roy and Zephiel were cheated.

Right now, Ike may look really good, but he's still probably going to be another swordie. Sure, he might be a bit annoying to take care of, but I suppose a strong unit with swordbreaker may still take him out without that much issue? Also, didn't Alm have windsweep but not super high speed to take advantage of it? Ike could be the same, maybe. EDIT: With respect to his A-skill, I mean.

Zephiel could attack at 1-2 range too. Guess what he didn't get.

Ike himself has Swordbreaker, so default Ike already has a great way to instantly get Aether.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Zephiel could attack at 1-2 range too. Guess what he didn't get.

Ike himself has Swordbreaker, so default Ike already has a great way to instantly get Aether.

Hmm, if I get another unit that comes with swordbreaker ... I may have to consider giving it to Sharena.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, if I get another unit that comes with swordbreaker ... I may have to consider giving it to Sharena.

That's what I did a while ago when I got a duplicate Abel. Never regretted the decision.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nice catch! The map looks like Ch. 8.

I kind of expect to see an axe infantry, two archers, a lance armour, or a regular priest in the other maps now.

Can someone confirm if the other maps had Easter Eggs like this one?

As excited as I am for Ike, i think this was an incredibly stupid move on Nintendo/IS/DeNA's part from the perspective of this game's longevity. Like, Ike is a HUGE pull for players to get back into the game, to revive the game in the future. And why would they put him in so soon after Alm, and only 3 weeks before Echoes launches in the US and Europe? There is still a lot of interest in the game, and Echoes only bolsters it.

Right now, the focus should have been squarely on Gaiden/Echoes characters. The tie in promotion would keep the game healthy. Afterwards, towards the late summer, when hype for this game would have died down, THEN Ike should have been added.

Eh, whatever, to us, the common gamer/consumer, this logistical stuff isn't for us to worry about. IKE BABY!

Edited by Dandee Leone

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Anyone else notice the fake Oscar in the final World of Radiance map?

Yup, that generic must've represented Oscar! And that final map is reminiscent to Chapter 8, PoR's second defense map where they were surrounded by Daein troops on their way to Gallia.

Nice catch, by the way. :)

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

Right now, the focus should have been squarely on Gaiden/Echoes characters. The tie in promotion would keep the game healthy. Afterwards, towards the late summer, when hype for this game would have died down, THEN Ike should have been added.

Eh, whatever, to us, the common gamer/consumer, this logistical stuff isn't for us to worry about. IKE BABY!

You have a good point. It's very exciting to see Ike finally making his way in. But IS must've believed that the hype for Echoes is all but assured ever since Alm made his way in. I'm sure Celica's party would make her way in when the game releases internationally, while Alm's was for Japanese release.

Still, logistical stuff only make my head ache. I'm with you :lol:

Edited by Lyrai

3 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

As excited as I am for Ike, i think this was an incredibly stupid move on Nintendo/IS/DeNA's part from the perspective of this game's longevity. Like, Ike is a HUGE pull for players to get back into the game, to revive the game in the future. And why would they put him in so soon after Alm, and only 3 weeks before Echoes launches in the US? There is still a lot of interest in the game, and Echoes only bolsters it.

They're releasing the more popular characters for each series first in general. Even the base game had mostly the popular characters of each game. Ike wasn't going to be held on for too long. The least popular out of this list is Mist who was likely chosen for her prominency in Path of Radiance. 

Celica will wait till the English release of Echoes. 

5 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

As excited as I am for Ike, i think this was an incredibly stupid move on Nintendo/IS/DeNA's part from the perspective of this game's longevity. Like, Ike is a HUGE pull for players to get back into the game, to revive the game in the future. And why would they put him in so soon after Alm, and only 3 weeks before Echoes launches in the US? There is still a lot of interest in the game, and Echoes only bolsters it.

There's a reason why the Choose Your Legends characters haven't been released.  Unlike Tellius, THOSE characters were picked by the fans.

IMO we'll see Celica's group in mid-May, right before Echoes launches in the US.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's a reason why the Choose Your Legends characters haven't been released.  Unlike Tellius, THOSE characters were picked by the fans.

IMO we'll see Celica's group in mid-May, right before Echoes launches in the US.

Actually, waaay more Tellius characters would be in the top 20 if Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn versions of the same character did not count as separate votes. Tellius, would have, in fact, had as many characters in the top 20 as Fates/Awakening.

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Actually, waaay more Tellius characters would be in the top 20 if Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn versions of the same character did not count as separate votes. Tellius, would have, in fact, had as many characters in the top 20 as Fates/Awakening.

Except that it didn't, so attempting to use this as an argument is moot.

Besides, it would mean that some of the Archanea ones would've had a better showing. . .not by a lot, but still.

And then there's me, who thinks that Tellius is slowly going into the overrated territory.  So for me, personally, I think that your point is totally off base.

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

The least popular out of this list is Mist who was likely chosen for her prominency in Path of Radiance. 

First off, Mist has always been Ike's little sister! But I believe she's important solely because she is the only one who can harmlessly possess the Medallion, and she carried it all the way until she gave it to Reyson. And that she is just cute and innocent. I personally believe she's more popular than that.

I'm pretty sure they battled over Rhys or Mist, but since Mist is more popular, and making her in the game balances the Male/Female ratio, she made it in. I'm a little dissapointed that she isn't a Troubadour.

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

First off, Mist has always been Ike's little sister! But I believe she's important solely because she is the only one who can harmlessly possess the Medallion, and she carried it all the way until she gave it to Reyson. And that she is just cute and innocent. I personally believe she's more popular than that.

I'm pretty sure they battled over Rhys or Mist, but since Mist is more popular, and making her in the game balances the Male/Female ratio, she made it in. I'm a little dissapointed that she isn't a Troubadour.

I don't think they would've even considered Rhys. He's one of the least popular characters in Path of Radiance and isn't iconic (as you mentioned, Mist is), which are the two important traits to being chosen. The only banner who didn't follow this trend was the 'Siblings Bond' banner where they prioritised character relationships over fan popularity and relevance to their series.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And then there's me, who thinks that Tellius is slowly going into the overrated territory. 

Slowly?

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I'm pretty sure they didn't battle over Rhys or Mist at all. Mist is Ike's sister and has plot importance, while Rhys is and has not.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Except that it didn't, so attempting to use this as an argument is moot.

Besides, it would mean that some of the Archanea ones would've had a better showing. . .not by a lot, but still.

And then there's me, who thinks that Tellius is slowly going into the overrated territory.  So for me, personally, I think that your point is totally off base.

Except it isn't moot, since no Tellius character, regardless of their placing in the Choose Your Legends Event, have appeared simply by the fact that no Tellius characters (besides the one off Sanaki) appeared anyways? 

And by the way, most of the Choose Your Legends characters from Awakening and Fates were already in the base game to begin with, before the voting results were given. There are literally only a few chars from Awakening/Fates not in the game that were top 20, like Donnel.

So, I don't see how my points are moot, but on the contrary, yours sure is. Ike alone was by far the most popular character left, and the Tellius cast had as much presence in Choose Your Legends as Awakening/Fates.

Just now, Dandee Leone said:

Except it isn't moot, since no Tellius character, regardless of their placing in the Choose Your Legends Event, have appeared simply by the fact that no Tellius characters (besides the one off Sanaki) appeared anyways? 

And by the way, most of the Choose Your Legends characters from Awakening and Fates were already in the base game to begin with, before the voting results were given. There are literally only a few chars from Awakening/Fates not in the game that were top 20, like Donnel.

So, I don't see how my points are moot, but on the contrary, yours sure is. Ike alone was by far the most popular character left, and the Tellius cast had as much presence in Choose Your Legends as Awakening/Fates.

You're speaking from your own bias.  That's why.  When you can see it from someone who is lukewarm to Tellius (or someone who outright doesn't like it), you'll come across a lot better.

Just now, eclipse said:

You're speaking from your own bias.  That's why.  When you can see it from someone who is lukewarm to Tellius (or someone who outright doesn't like it), you'll come across a lot better.

I literally only stated facts. 

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Sadly, they didn't. From the top of my head, only five of them even appeared in the top 100. Those being Ike, Soren, Nephenee, Black Knight and Mia. It disappoints me a lot that some of FE6-12's great characters don't get the representation they deserve, but the newer fanbase is definitely outnumbering the series veterans.