Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't want to quit using Freddy though... I put so much work into him. :( And I'd have no Hector/Effie/other armor counter. Freddy one-rounds them and the others can honestly barely do anything to them.

You don't really need a dedicated armor counter though. 

Ike takes down Hector with ease, especially since he has Heavy Blade to easily proc Luna/Aether. 

Assuming you replace Frederick with a different green unit, Effie shouldn't be much of a problem either. Personally, I think Titania would be perfect for your team as a dedicated mage killer (she takes 0 damage from a +Atk Reinhardt and +Atk M!Robin and neutral Linde) who would still be able to take out lancers like Effie. (Though of course that would require you to pull her). 

I'm not telling you to replace Frederick if you don't want to, of course, but I did want to at least offer alternatives. 

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You don't really need a dedicated armor counter though. 

Ike takes down Hector with ease, especially since he has Heavy Blade to easily proc Luna/Aether. 

Assuming you replace Frederick with a different green unit, Effie shouldn't be much of a problem either. Personally, I think Titania would be perfect for your team as a dedicated mage killer (she takes 0 damage from a +Atk Reinhardt and +Atk M!Robin and neutral Linde) who would still be able to take out lancers like Effie. (Though of course that would require you to pull her). 

I'm not telling you to replace Frederick if you don't want to, of course, but I did want to at least offer alternatives. 

Ike doesn't, actually. I tried that already, there was a Hector in the first arena battle I tried today and Ike didn't have enough attack to KO him. I actually was not using Frederick that time. But I put him back because so far, he's the only one I've got that reliablly kills Hectors and Effies. I run into them and Sheena fairly often. Frederick doesn't do effective damage to the latter because of that one skill she has, but he still doubles Sheena with Axebreaker.

And I don't have a Titania, though I wouldn't mind having her.

I just don't want to drop Frederick entirely after all the work I put into him. That's a lot of feathers and some SP grinding going to waste.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ike doesn't, actually. I tried that already, there was a Hector in the first arena battle I tried today and Ike didn't have enough attack to KO him. I actually was not using Frederick that time. But I put him back because so far, he's the only one I've got that reliablly kills Hectors and Effies. I run into them and Sheena fairly often. Frederick doesn't do effective damage to the latter because of that one skill she has, but he still doubles Sheena with Axebreaker.

And I don't have a Titania, though I wouldn't mind having her.

I just don't want to drop Frederick entirely after all the work I put into him. That's a lot of feathers and some SP grinding going to waste.

He can with a Hone Atk buff :D

It is somewhat annoying though that neutral Ike just baaaarely misses out on the ORKO against Hector without a proc (neutral Hector would be left with 4 HP left if I calculated it correctly). 

It's perfectly understandable if you don't want to drop Frederick though. As I said, I just wanted to offer some suggestions.

That said, you're eventually going to have more than a full roster's worth of usable 5*s that you like, so it's not like having Titania means you have to drop Frederick entirely. You would use him on some teams and Titania on others depending on your team's needs. (I'm using Titania as an example, but this applies to most other units too). 

I don't think very many people actually stick with the same team all the time (I certainly don't at any rate), so it's not like it's a "waste" per se since you'll still be able to rotate him back in. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

He can with a Hone Atk buff :D

It is somewhat annoying though that neutral Ike just baaaarely misses out on the ORKO against Hector without a proc (neutral Hector would be left with 4 HP left if I calculated it correctly). 

It's perfectly understandable if you don't want to drop Frederick though. As I said, I just wanted to offer some suggestions.

That said, you're eventually going to have more than a full roster's worth of usable 5*s that you like, so it's not like having Titania means you have to drop Frederick entirely. You would use him on some teams and Titania on others depending on your team's needs. (I'm using Titania as an example, but this applies to most other units too). 

I don't think very many people actually stick with the same team all the time (I certainly don't at any rate), so it's not like it's a "waste" per se since you'll still be able to rotate him back in. 

I know, I'm not trying to use the exact same team all the time because the bonus units change each "season." I swap one unit out for a new bonus unit and keep the other three generally the same.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Have to say I know that feel. It took me a while before I finally decided to drop Lucina for Alm this Arena season, since she was my first 5* and carried me so hard for so long.

Ike doesn't ORKO Hector, but given my experiences with Ryoma and applying that to Ike's statlines, Ike can just stand in front of Hector and lol all day and unless you're dealing with Wings of Mercy Hector, he's probably the last guy you fight anyway. Not oneshotting isn't a huge deal when you can just facewall him.

It doesn't mean you have to necessarily drop Fred entirely, either. I don't use MRobin much in the arena anymore, but sometimes I pull him out for the GHBs, especially given how much they love to throw us reds and daggers.  Maybe one day he'll be a bonus unit. Maybe the bonus unit works better with Fred than someone else on your team. Hell, if there's no one else I have on the next bonus unit list, I might have to bench both Ryoma and Nino for 2 seasons to run Reinhardt and Minerva so they can toss Zephiel's 1 move ass around mountains. It'll feel weird not having Ryoma.

Also there's always gonna be those quests that are like "use x type unit on this map!" so even if you don't use all of them for the arena it's good to have a variety of 5*'s around. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

What do y'all think of Julia/Ike/Azura/Ike as an arena defense? I'm worried about Reinhardt so I was considering swapping Julia for Titania (I've heard she's good against him) but I don't want to go without magic. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

What do y'all think of Julia/Ike/Azura/Ike as an arena defense? I'm worried about Reinhardt so I was considering swapping Julia for Titania (I've heard she's good against him) but I don't want to go without magic. Thoughts?

In my experiences, Reinhardt doesn't touch Julia when attacking and she slaughters him. She should be fine as a counter, still. I wouldn't like to go without magic, personally, but you can always try the team with Titania and see how it goes :)

That being said, my defense team doesn't work at all, and I've tried different variants, so maybe I'm not the best one to talk. Titania sounds like she'd be easy to counter, though, since she has a larger movement range. I'd just place a reddie at the end of her movement range, since it's one more than Ike's. The map might make that harder though, possibly ^.^''

Edited by Cute Chao

Any suggestions for 10-3 with an axe? I don't have a five-star axeman (I have Ryoma and Effie for swords and lances respectively), and my four-star trained axes are Arthur, Gunther, Michalis and Beruka, with Raven, Frederick, Cherche, (Anna, Barst) as untrained potential alternatives.

As a reminder, my mains are Klein, Robin (both genders with similar builds), Lissa, and I do have an Olivia. I suspect I'll have several niches available, but don't count on them being good niches.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

In my experiences, Reinhardt doesn't touch Julia when attacking and she slaughters him. She should be fine as a counter, still. I wouldn't like to go without magic, personally, but you can always try the team with Titania and see how it goes :)

If Julia can beat him I won't worry about it. This way I only have to max 2 units instead of 3. Do u think the order is fine? I wanted to split the Ike's up, and I didn't want him at the front because everyone knows he has distant counter. 

Just now, immatx said:

If Julia can beat him I won't worry about it. This way I only have to max 2 units instead of 3. Do u think the order is fine? I wanted to split the Ike's up, and I didn't want him at the front because everyone knows he has distant counter. 

I'd maybe put a Julia close to Azura so you have one red and one green in movement range. Plus the extra movement for a magic user is more likely to screw people over (at least, speaking from my own experience in being screwed over).

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Any suggestions for 10-3 with an axe? I don't have a five-star axeman (I have Ryoma and Effie for swords and lances respectively), and my four-star trained axes are Arthur, Gunther, Michalis and Beruka, with Raven, Frederick, Cherche, (Anna, Barst) as untrained potential alternatives.

As a reminder, my mains are Klein, Robin (both genders with similar builds), Lissa, and I do have an Olivia. I suspect I'll have several niches available, but don't count on them being good niches.

I suggest Arthur. Emerald Axe + Lancebreaker means he should be able to handle that upper lance pretty easily. Then he can just sort of hang out otherwise.

Michalis should also do pretty well. Good power, defense. In my run I used Camilla to help clean up some stragglers like Mist, so Michalis, able to ignore forests, can probably do similarly.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Team I used was Marth, Male Robin, Olivia, and Spring Chrom. Olivia is important for these defense maps just so you can have your units moving around and stalling the clock without fighting off counter attacks. 

Ryoma would do well here I'd think; he can counterattack Soren, and serve as a wall against Titania. Bait Titania to go after the sword user when she rounds around the trees, don't let her close the gap and put your other units in danger. Doing 0 damage to her is worth keeping her contained. Have Robin nearby on the right to hit Mist with weapon advantage, and keep your axe of choice to the corner. 

Edited by Sonic Boom

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd maybe put a Julia close to Azura so you have one red and one green in movement range. Plus the extra movement for a magic user is more likely to screw people over (at least, speaking from my own experience in being screwed over).

Yeah, same issue for me. So u think Ike/Julia/Azura/Ike then? I guess it doesn't make a huge difference for matchups. Positioning on the lava map might be difficult though with the tanks on the outside......oh well, I'll give it a go and see what ends up working. Thanks for ur help :)

Just now, immatx said:

Yeah, same issue for me. So u think Ike/Julia/Azura/Ike then? I guess it doesn't make a huge difference for matchups. Positioning on the lava map might be difficult though with the tanks on the outside......oh well, I'll give it a go and see what ends up working. Thanks for ur help :)

No worries. Hope it works for you! I'm working on building up my Reinhardt and grinding SP for Ryoma to try and make a working defense team -.- So far, no good lol

(I've been using Ryoma/Reinhardt/Azura/Kagero - mostly vanilla skills with vantage on three. Working on giving Reinhardt death blow, lancebreaker and a special. I think luna is suggested for him).

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No worries. Hope it works for you! I'm working on building up my Reinhardt and grinding SP for Ryoma to try and make a working defense team -.- So far, no good lol

(I've been using Ryoma/Reinhardt/Azura/Kagero - mostly vanilla skills with vantage on three. Working on giving Reinhardt death blow, lancebreaker and a special. I think luna is suggested for him).

That sounds solid to me, vantage in particular seems like a safe skill for all defense comps. That's kinda weird tho, I would have thought that defense would work, just goes to show how good I am at this game. 

How good is Kagero for defense? I have two I've been sitting on, but haven't used much because I have a super easy time against them (thanks Effie). 

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

That sounds solid to me, vantage in particular seems like a safe skill for all defense comps. That's kinda weird tho, I would have thought that defense would work, just goes to show how good I am at this game. 

How good is Kagero for defense? I have two I've been sitting on, but haven't used much because I have a super easy time against them (thanks Effie). 

I've not got any hits. I might try replacing her. I tried an all blue team but that failed, too. Another one I've been considering is Abel/Leo/Gunter/Reinhardt - all skilled to hone/goad - dragback on Abel in the hopes the AI will get Leo to attack at range and then Abel drags him back to more relatively safety xD It probably won't work though -.- I have so many units and no clue how to use them xD

My Sanaki is +1 and I'm seriously considering promoting my 4* Reinhardt to make my 5* plus one as well in the hopes that does anything. My Kagero is -Atk, so that doesn't help her. I have a pretty easy time against her, too, tbf. I'm training up an M!Robin, who I find to be a pain. I'd still kill for a Takumi, who is still the biggest pain in the rear of all time.

Edited by Cute Chao

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

BHVkG8vJFH0.jpg

As it should be.

Looking good. Almost ready to come up from behind.

Also, thanks for the suggestions for 10-3. Now for 10-5... I was not expecting the time limit to end on Player Phase. (Then again, could Effie +Atk -Def ORKO Ike on defence)?

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

BHVkG8vJFH0.jpg

As it should be.

How much did you grind to get her to 2,000 already? My Sharena only hit 500 very recently, and even my furthest along character is still well below 1000.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

How much did you grind to get her to 2,000 already? My Sharena only hit 500 very recently, and even my furthest along character is still well below 1000.

I use her always. She's on my arena team, she helps leveling people up.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

BHVkG8vJFH0.jpg

As it should be.

A commitment and effort befitting the #1 Sharena fan. =)

image.png

Cecilia got to max mostly due to having four of her. Being able to hit 2000 with just one unit takes a lot of work lol.