• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I'm training Ryoma and Takumi but I'd like to hear some opinions on SI for them. I already gave Takumi Draw Back because that's terrifying on arena defense with a buff unit like Eirika/Sharena. So far I have nothing to give them but Vantage on them has been pretty common choices on them. Any changes on their base skills?

I gave Ryoma swap, Luna and Vantage. It's worked out well so far. 

Clearly my next defense team should just be Vantage Takumi x2, Vantage Ryoma x1, and Olivia

Actually vantage ryoma is a really good answer to vantage takumi

it is, in fact, how i deal with takumi, vantage or not, every time

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Quintessence said:

So I'm training Ryoma and Takumi but I'd like to hear some opinions on SI for them. I already gave Takumi Draw Back because that's terrifying on arena defense with a buff unit like Eirika/Sharena. So far I have nothing to give them but Vantage on them has been pretty common choices on them. Any changes on their base skills?

Ryoma:

Spoiler

Ryoma has two main builds I've seen thrown around. I personally run a slightly more defensive set with Fury + Vantage since he's often my team's my main counter to a lot of ranged threats, but +Atk/+Spd Ryomas can also run a hyper offensive Life and Death + Desperation set (other Ryomas can as well, of course, but those are the preferred natures). They're both viable though, so it's partially also a matter of personal preference. 

For his special, Draconic Aura offers far more damage output than any other offensive special because of his high attack stat and is what I would consider running no matter what kind of Ryoma you decide to go with.

His assist slot is largely personal preference, but I like Swap because I often use him to facetank threats (especially since mine has Vantage). If you're running a Desperation set, Reciprocal Aid is also an option to help get him into Desperation range (not Ardent Sacrifice because it won't be enough unless he's -HP). 

Takumi:

Spoiler

Vantage is a common option on Takumi, of course, but I actually personally really like Quick Riposte on him to make use of the coverage offered by Close Counter while also allowing him to combat threats that he wouldn't normally be able to double like common sword lords.

Takumi also actually has the highest base attack out of all of the archers, so you could potentially run a Brave Bow+ set with Death Blow replacing Close Counter. This does change up his niche completely, so the set you run largely depends on what your team needs him to do.

As far as specials go, his default Vengeance is best on a Vantage set, but for more consistent damage on other sets, Luna is a pretty solid option.

Assists are, once again, largely personal preference, but I personally like Reposition or Draw Back more on ranged characters. 

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Vantage doesn't matter if this happens:

*Catria making some buttered Lobster*

Although I still need to get Gronnblade+ on Spring Camilla to deal with Takumi soon...

Lol 41 damage?

Flier emblem is hilarious XD

It seems you're enjoying killing everyone and their mother with your shiny new 5 star Catria eh?

Edited by Arcanite

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I just bring Nino and say goodbye

Can Nino counter Ryoma? :O 

I know it's different against AI, but I couldn't imagine Nino being able to take him out. Unless I misread you ^.^'' 

Just now, Cute Chao said:

> Fury 3, +Atk Nino with desperation 3 proc'd

> Buff Speed and attack

> Chop Lobster with Gronnblades

So Nino isn't a "counter" but she still kills him. It's pretty funny to be honest XD

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I know it's different against AI, but I couldn't imagine Nino being able to take him out. Unless I misread you ^.^'' 

Desperation Nino can if desperation is up. AI often is a lot shittier about using buffs (and +spd Lod2 Nino can double non-Fury +spd Ryoma with Hone Spd anyway) thus easier. If +Spd Ryoma with Fury gets a Hone Spd from the AI somehow though, wait another turn if you can.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Arcanite said:

> Fury 3, +Atk Nino with desperation 3 proc'd

> Buff Speed and attack

> Chop Lobster with Gronnblades

So Nino isn't a "counter" but she still kills him. It's pretty funny to be honest XD

Holy heck lol. 

And here I am still struggling with Nino. I don't do well with the buffs... I keep forgetting xD 

Oh well, good thing that takes better skills than the ai has to set up, so my Ryoma will continue to laugh in the face of all Ninos :D (Unless they're fighting him on defence, but I will ignore those 'cos I really don't want to think of my amazing sword lord losing to a little green mage girl xD You're supposed to have the full advantage, darn it!) 

Yeah player ryoma basically hard-counters enemy nino because enemies won't have desperation up like, ever, and nino can't ohko ryoma from full even at full buff

Ryoma oneshots nino in any configuration also

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Yeah player ryoma basically hard-counters enemy nino because enemies won't have desperation up like, ever, and nino can't ohko ryoma from full even at full buff

A fact for which I am very thankful xD

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Holy heck lol. 

And here I am still struggling with Nino. I don't do well with the buffs... I keep forgetting xD 

Heh heh

Olivia + Sharena. Hone Attack + Rally Speed + Fortify Defense 2 = 8 + 4 + 3 = 15

Nino's base attack is 53 (with attack seal)

53 + 15 = 68 attack

Conclusion?

+Atk Nino is as broken as the the Sun is hot. In fact, Blade tomes as whole are as broken as the sun is hot XD

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Ryoma oneshots nino in any configuration also

So you just came here to trash talk Nino eh?

Spoiler

FIght me, square

Spoiler

I'll beat you standing on one leg, with one arm tied behind my back, with one eye closed

I'm sure everyone and their mother knows Ryoma can kill Nino. But if anyone actually has Nino on their defense team, they're obviously doing it wrong lol

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Heh heh

Olivia + Sharena. Hone Attack + Rally Speed + Fortify Defense 2 = 8 + 4 + 3 = 15

53 + 15 = 68 attack

Conclusion?

+Atk Nino is as broken as the the Sun is hot. In fact, Blade tomes as whole are as broken as the sun is hot XD

Hide contents

FIght me, square

Hide contents

I'll beat you standing on one leg, with one arm tied behind my back, with one eye closed

I'm sure everyone and their mother knows Ryoma can kill Nino. But if anyone actually has Nino on their defense team, they're obviously doing it wrong lol

I've come across a lot of people doing it wrong :D 

Still yet to figure out where I'm doing it wrong though. Maybe my team is just too obvious. Azura, Kagero, Ryoma and Reinhardt. Reinhardt is still vanilla, to be fair. I'm training up his 4* version to pass along DB2 (no Kleins pulled and I'm not 5* a charrie just for their skills. Not when there's so many more I want to 5*. I do plan to 5* said Reinahrdt for a +1 though), and I've recently got Reinhardt up to vantage 3. Kagero has vantage 3 for a long time, whilst Azura is vanilla. I thought that'd at least get one person xD I'm figuring maybe it's too generic a team. I'm going to level up my Takumi and add him in to the play for an even more generic team and see if that does it (after all, Kagero comes totally unstuck if there aren't any infantry for her to laugh at, and she's squishy in close range)...

I know, I vantage a lot. It's my go to since I prefer it for my fighting style. I should get more into others... Maybe... One day...

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh heh

53 + 15 = 68 attack

Conclusion?

Reveal hidden contents

FIght me, square

Reveal hidden contents

Why would I trash talk Nino tho I run a Ryoma/Nino core

I just know their strengths and weaknesses best because that's all I basically use in the arena lmao

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Why would I trash talk Nino tho I run a Ryoma/Nino core

I just know their strengths and weaknesses best because that's all I basically use in the arena lmao

The strike-through meant that I'm not being serious, I wasn't really saying that you're trash talking Nino.

Spoiler

It helps if you read strike-through in a whispered tone, or as if someone is muttering the words under their breath

Spoiler

#ContextOnTheInternetIsHard

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I want Nino! At least two so I can give a Gronnblade to Camilla

And also because she's cute and powerful. When am I gonna get Julia so I can have a mage nuke party with Tharja, Nino, Julia, and Linde?

Well you're gonna have to barf orbs all over the Waifu banner if you're gonna try to get Julia and Linde at least. And last I heard you had 2 orbs? Someone's wallet is gonna get opened

As for Nino, you're gonna have to pray you get her when you try for Julia. Otherwise, pull greens like it's your favorite color and you have 3 hours before you go color blind.

Just now, Arcanite said:

The strike-through meant that I'm not being serious, I wasn't really saying that you're trash talking Nino.

Reveal hidden contents

It helps if you read strike-through in a whispered tone, or as if someone is muttering the words under their breath

Reveal hidden contents

yes but even the joking insinuation is fairly ironic given that im a nino main

Just now, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Well you're gonna have to barf orbs all over the Waifu banner if you're gonna try to get Julia and Linde at least. And last I heard you had 2 orbs? Someone's wallet is gonna get opened

As for Nino, you're gonna have to pray you get her when you try for Julia. Otherwise, pull greens like it's your favorite color and you have 3 hours before you go color blind.

I have.... 

Spoiler

5 orbs now :0

Well... maybe I'll get Hector, Julia, AND Nino!!!! Or a lot of Bartres........

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Y'all need breakers. My team laughs at vantage Ryomas and Takumis

53 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Reinhardt says hi

Vantage doesn't matter if they die in one round :P

I actually have Reinhardt and Azura, so I don't actually struggle with them in the arena. But it really says something that their most reliable counter is just stronger cancer.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy