Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I'm paranoid so if I ever give any of my 5 star units QR, it has to be QR 3 so I can always be sure that I was put in a situation I could not have helped.

Basically I'm saying I won't kick myself after for not having QR3 in a case where having QR 2 kills me because if I had QR 3 I would have had exactly enough to double on enemy phase or something like that

Of course situations like that could be a little extreme, but hey, it makes me comfortable anyway!

I sacrificed my bad IV Leo to give QR3 to Catria :)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm paranoid so if I ever give any of my 5 star units QR, it has to be QR 3 so I can always be sure that I was put in a situation I could not have helped.

Basically I'm saying I won't kick myself after for not having QR3 in a case where having QR 2 kills me because if I had QR 3 I would have had exactly enough to double on enemy phase or something like that

Of course situations like that could be a little extreme, but hey, it makes me comfortable anyway!

While it's certainly true that there may be situations where you would have needed QR 3 to secure the kill when QR 2 wouldn't have been enough, it's far, far more likely to run into scenarios where having QR 2 would have served you better than not having QR at all. 

If you decide to wait to pass on QR in general until you get QR 3, chances are you'll ultimately lose out on more than if you just went QR 2. 

1 minute ago, komasa said:

Really? And here I thought water was dry. 

Its not?

Holy crap

This changes everything

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just kidding. Grass is blue and the sky is green.

I guess I must be color blind

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You complete me

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

While it's certainly true that there may be situations where you would have needed QR 3 to secure the kill when QR 2 wouldn't have been enough, it's far, far more likely to run into scenarios where having QR 2 would have served you better than not having QR at all. 

If you decide to wait to pass on QR in general until you get QR 3, chances are you'll ultimately lose out on more than if you just went QR 2. 

Like I said, I'm paranoid about that kinda stuff. Especially after playing showdown and I'm like "If I had (pokemon move) then none of this would have happened".

Spoiler

Which is why I always have a defogger on my team

Spoiler

Cause apparently, I am not good at playing around hazards heh heh

Anywho, I actually have a plan to make the ultimate Effie.

The question is:

Do I sacrifice my brand new -Spd Marth for pivot on my favorite beefcake Effie, or do I just say screw it and keep my Falchion user?

Anna deals with Blue manaketes and Robin deals with red's. Yet, Marth deals with all, but I have never struggled against fighting them.

Also, the 4 star Effie I pulled is +Atk 58 attack here I come

Just now, Arcanite said:

The question is:

Do I sacrifice my brand new -Spd Marth for pivot on my favorite beefcake Effie, or do I just say screw it and keep my Falchion user?

Anna deals with Blue manaketes and Robin deals with red's. Yet, Marth deals with all, but I have never struggled against fighting them.

Marth isn't exactly fantastic as far as Falchion users go. He tickles Nowi and doesn't even OHKO Tiki-Young. Unless you really want to keep your Falchion user until someone better comes along, sacking him off for Pivot Effie might be best. That's just me though.

When you say Falchion user, do you mean he's actually 5* or could get Falchion if he became 5*? Giving up a 5* for an assist skill that you could get from a 3* seems pretty silly.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

When you say Falchion user, do you mean he's actually 5* or could get Falchion if he became 5*? Giving up a 5* for an assist skill that you could get from a 3* seems pretty silly.

Depends on if he has a Cherche or Eirika to spare. All three units that can give Pivot are pretty good in their own right. 

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Like I said, I'm paranoid about that kinda stuff. Especially after playing showdown and I'm like "If I had (pokemon move) then none of this would have happened".

Isn't it precisely because you're paranoid that you would want QR 2? 

It seems strange to me that you would have moments of paranoia like "if I had QR 3 instead of QR 2 then this would have never happened" but don't have moments of paranoia like "if I had QR 2 instead of [default B skill] then this would have never happened", which is far more likely to happen. 

Unless you just don't use that 5* entirely until you get QR 3 fodder, but then that leads to scenarios of "if I were using X character instead, then this would have never happened".

Get Swap on effie and save Marth for a falchioner (fachionizer?)

I just slapped Vantage 3 and Luna on my+Def/-Res Nowi, and DartingBlow 3/Bowbreaker2/Reciprical Aid on my +Spd/-Def Julia. They're so threatening now omg i wish i did this sooner. Query tho; any suggestions on how else to alter them? I have some Moonbow and Fury access but i feel like those two may be best without Fury...not sure about Moonbow tho. 

Also working on making a not/Brave Alfredo sauce, Ultra Anna and better Sharena so I can build three dedicatex Arena offense teams that always have a bonus unit on board. Thoughts on :

Noatun/Swap/Moonbow/Fury/Desperation/Spur Atk Anna

FENS/Rally Atk/Moonbow//Swordbreaker/FortifyDef Sharena

FOLK/Drag Back/Moonbow/Death Blow/Swordbreaker/Threaten Def

To run with the aforementioned Julia/Nowi staples and probably typically Sharena or an inevitable Azura/Ninian/Olivia that one day I 5*?

46 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The question is:

Sacrifice him imo

There are many other good reds not like i am qualified to speak because i still use caeda

I want an Effie D: Such high attack!

35 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Isn't it precisely because you're paranoid that you would want QR 2? 

It seems strange to me that you would have moments of paranoia like "if I had QR 3 instead of QR 2 then this would have never happened" but don't have moments of paranoia like "if I had QR 2 instead of [default B skill] then this would have never happened", which is far more likely to happen.

That's because I always make for 700 Billion percent certain that I need to spend my feathers/Sp points on any given skill.

If I don't have THE best skill, then I never settle. Settling is for squares especially after my Male Robin got Sword Breaker 2 and I lost a match because I was above 50% but not 70%. I always think back to that day. Which is also why I waited 4 days to promote my Nino, because I wanted to make absolutely sure that Nino is who I need. There are times I could say "Well if Lyn had vantage she would have slaughtered this person" then I say "Oh yeah, she sliced up a Ryoma with Brash assault and that never would have happened". If I have the best skill, then I will be content. But If I have the "settle for less" best skill, I will never, ever, forgive myself for settling. Which is why I prefer to have all 3 levels of a skill than 2 :P

29 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I just slapped Vantage 3 and Luna on my+Def/-Res Nowi, and DartingBlow 3/Bowbreaker2/Reciprical Aid on my +Spd/-Def Julia. They're so threatening now omg i wish i did this sooner. Query tho; any suggestions on how else to alter them? I have some Moonbow and Fury access but i feel like those two may be best without Fury...not sure about Moonbow tho. 

Vantage Nowi could be good with T-Adept, but Fury is a staple on most Nowi Builds. Also why did you give a +Def Nowi Luna over bonfire? Were you desperate or something?

29 minutes ago, Elieson said:

1. Noatun/Swap/Moonbow/Fury/Desperation/Spur Atk Anna

2. FENS/Rally Atk/Moonbow//Swordbreaker/FortifyDef Sharena

3. FOLK/Drag Back/Moonbow/Death Blow/Swordbreaker/Threaten Def

FIRST OF ALL

Why did you give everyone moonbow?

Second of all

1. Fury Anna seems pretty shexy to me. I like the spur attack! Also, Swap seems like it's really good if you want to do some clutch Tome absorption strats. Desperation over innate vantage though? I don't know dude. Ever consider making some sort of vantage build or did you think it wasn't worth?

regardless of that, I somewhat like it 

2. Sharena has no A skill? I say Attack +3 never hurts you can also put fury on everything since you put moonbow on everything

3. What the frick is drag back? YOU MEAN DRAW BACK?!??! *TRIGGERED*

Reposition is better to me but it really doesn't matter much. Threaten skill? Eh. Ever think about Savage blow? Sword breaker? I like it somewhat. Death Blow? YUP!

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

The question is:

Personally I'd keep him. Cherche also has Pivot, so it's better to sac a 3* base than a 4* base unit. (-Spd is pretty terrible for Marth, but it's not like you can't merge him into a better one later.)

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Vantage Nowi could be good with T-Adept, but Fury is a staple on most Nowi Builds. Also why did you give a +Def Nowi Luna over bonfire? Were you desperate or something?

FIRST OF ALL

Why did you give everyone moonbow?

Second of all

1. Fury Anna seems pretty shexy to me. I like the spur attack! Also, Swap seems like it's really good if you want to do some clutch Tome absorption strats. Desperation over innate vantage though? I don't know dude. Ever consider making some sort of vantage build or did you think it wasn't worth?

regardless of that, I somewhat like it 

2. Sharena has no A skill? I say Attack +3 never hurts you can also put fury on everything since you put moonbow on everything

3. What the frick is drag back? YOU MEAN DRAW BACK?!??! *TRIGGERED*

Reposition is better to me but it really doesn't matter much. Threaten skill? Eh. Ever think about Savage blow? Sword breaker? I like it somewhat. Death Blow? YUP!

I...bonfire....that is a swell idea! Luna was all I had at the time to spare!

Moonbow is FastProx!

Annas deal is that i dont like how with Vantage, she isnt quite strong enough to OHKO stuff while at low hp comfortably. Desperation lets her fly around and double stuff when she flies, making her more intimidating offensively. SWAP is to warp & support ppl who might want the boost from SpurAtk ofc or take a hit...now that i think tho, swap might work better with Vantage for defensive purposes. If I had a spare Defiant Attack, i would run that with Vantage fwiw. 

Sharena OOPS NO A SKILL but you can totally have like Atk +3 since her speed is relatively safe from getting dubbed by not!Lindes since SB

Sadly I lack a Savage Blow to donate (I have some Poison Strikes but lol that over Swordbreaker). His innate Spur Atk isn't unappetizing but replacing it with a Hone Atk might be better in my case then.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

What

The

Flip

I'm sure Est appreciates your devotion XD

Soon my Oboro is gonna look like that hee hee hee

I saw this gem earlier today and wondered if it was you, but I guess not:

Spoiler

vJpd0Za.jpg

May it give you something to aspire to

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Also working on making a not/Brave Alfredo sauce, Ultra Anna and better Sharena so I can build three dedicatex Arena offense teams that always have a bonus unit on board. Thoughts on :

Noatun/Swap/Moonbow/Fury/Desperation/Spur Atk Anna

FENS/Rally Atk/Moonbow//Swordbreaker/FortifyDef Sharena

FOLK/Drag Back/Moonbow/Death Blow/Swordbreaker/Threaten Def

To run with the aforementioned Julia/Nowi staples and probably typically Sharena or an inevitable Azura/Ninian/Olivia that one day I 5*?

Sorry this one is a bit late but I want to share some input.

Triangle Adept / Quick Riposte Nowi has perfect coverage vs reds due to OHKO'ing Lucina, but Fury / Quick Riposte has better matchups overall. Darting Blow is pretty tech on Julia but I'm not sure what could be better for her.

If you want to run Brave Alfred, take Luna or Draconic Aura over Moonbow. Luna does more damage to units with more than 30 Def, but Draconic Aura does more to sub-28 Def units. They all proc during the same round of combat assuming Swordbreaker, so it's a straight upgrade. Draw Back is easier to use on ranged units since they're sitting on the backline, while melee units make better use of Reposition or Swap. Reposition is most likely since I'd imagine Alfredo doesn't want to take too many hits with that speed. I'd do the same with Anna too, but it's not as necessary.

Moving Sharena's buffs is a good idea if you want to fine-tune her supporting role, unless you're looking to take advantage of Fortify Def. I replaced Rally Attack with Rally Speed on mine and put Hone Atk as the C skill, instead. Not necessary but it's more efficient, at least for my set-up; more units want an Atk buff than they do any other buff, no?

Overall, Julia / Nowi / Sharena / Olivia and Julia / Nowi / Allen / Ninian seems pretty solid, with both teams having good coverage.

Thoughts?

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Its not?

Holy crap

This changes everything

I guess I must be color blind

You complete me

Reveal hidden contents

Which is why I always have a defogger on my team

Reveal hidden contents

Cause apparently, I am not good at playing around hazards heh heh

The question is:

I'd only ever sacrifice a 5* for weapons or the rare skill you can't get at 4*.  I'd say wait to pull a 3* if you want Pivot.

And to answer your sig question, you will support Team Leo.

49 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Sacrifice him imo

Readies alter for sacrifice

49 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I want an Effie D: Such high attack!

Yeah she's bonkers. Especially when you give her a brave lance lol. Basically turns her into a complete monster, even though some people prefer to keep her silver lance which is cheaper to build, and brave lance could be a little over-kill.

I, on the other hand, have a 4 star Effie and a 5 star one so I can do whatever the heck I want at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I'd keep him. Cherche also has Pivot, so it's better to sac a 3* base than a 4* base unit. (-Spd is pretty terrible for Marth, but it's not like you can't merge him into a better one later.)

You say this as if I've pulled Marths from every hole in the ground

It's my first Marth that I've ever pulled, and if it took this long, I'm not exactly sure how long it'll take for me to get another one AND it has to have a better nature. Another thing too, the only thing I need is a good lance user. I already have two decked out tomes, one decked out sword, and a half decked out dagger. A lance is my final nail in the coffin for go-tos. I appreciate this advice though!

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I saw this gem earlier today and wondered if it was you, but I guess not:

Hide contents

vJpd0Za.jpg

May it give you something to aspire to

Its beautiful 

:cry:

This is something I'll aspire to! 

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Julia / Nowi / Allen / Ninia

Allen?

I'll wait for the edit cause I had no idea Allen was in this game XD

Unless you mean Alfonse? 

Edited by Arcanite

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's my first Marth that I've ever pulled, and if it took this long, I'm not exactly sure how long it'll take for me to get another one AND it has to have a better nature. Another thing too, the only thing I need is a good lance user. I already have two decked out tomes, one decked out sword, and a half decked out dagger. A lance is my final nail in the coffin for go-tos. I appreciate this advice though!

-Spd is literally the worst Bane for Marth. Even -Atk can be salvaged because he has the bulk and speed to run a TA-3 set or something. So you have slightly better than 80% chance to pull a better Marth, when you do pull another Marth.

Besides, Spur speed is the better use for Marth as inheritance fodder, since he's the only one that gets it at 4*. (+8 speed to anything, or +10 to non-infantry can be pretty bonkers. Talking about this makes me tempted to make a 3 protect 1 Ike build---everyone else is full on buff-bot and healing duty, with a bunch of spurs and wards and rallies.)

Edited by DehNutCase