Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If you want to hear Felicia saying that, it happens within the first few seconds of the map starting for one of Mkv's F!Robin strategy videos: https://youtu.be/grSbsCGMukE?t=15.

With that tone of voice, it's closer in tone to, "All ready," or, "All good." But same meaning of "preparation complete".

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, I'm guessing Donnel's "Ikube!" or however it's spelt in Romaji is a variation of saying, "Ikuze!"? Or perhaps it's an accent since he's supposed to be from the country.

The -be sentence ending is pretty standard country hick speak.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup, that's like the stereotypical country bumpkin accent. Mozu's accent is even heavier.

Great, now I'm reminded that I have to watch Flying Witch... My giant backlog... *backlog growls*

Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qyj8imreM.

Man, I wished we could switch languages. Yes, it would take up a lot of space, but if it was optional, then those who chose to download it would know what they're doing. Sometimes I just want to listen to F!Robin's "Naruhodo" -- I don't know why, but I like the way she says it -- and other times, I just want to listen to Barst scream "TIMBERRR!!!"

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I did that a while ago since I didn't have any Desperation fodder

Oh.....

How good is Sword breaker working out for you?

Great, now I'm reminded that I have to watch Flying Witch... My giant backlog... *backlog growls*

Man, I wished we could switch languages. Yes, it would take up a lot of space, but if it was optional, then those who chose to download it would know what they're doing. Sometimes I just want to listen to F!Robin's "Naruhodo" -- I don't know why, but I like the way she says it -- and other times, I just want to listen to Barst scream "TIMBERRR!!!"

My friend somehow installed BOTH the Japanese and English versions on his phone (I'm not sure what he did), and it switches back and forth between the two languages when he enters the bulletin board. It's trippy.

Also, I honestly don't like Japanese F!Robin in Heroes; her voice is too soft. It's like Miyuki Sawashiro forgot how to play her. That or it's always been like that, and the Smash version is stuck in my head.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Can't you change it in the options menu? I know I switched the game from English to Japanese once.

I remember that scene. I actually think the subs don't do a thick enough accent because I'm just about as confused as Makoto is listening to him talk.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also, I honestly don't like Japanese F!Robin in Heroes. It's like Miyuki Sawashiro forgot how to play her. That or the Smash version is stuck in my head.

I haven't played Smash in over a year, so I don't really notice, at least.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Can't you change it in the options menu? I know I switched the game from English to Japanese once.

It requires you to re-download the voice pack because the game doesn't keep both simultaneously.

I remember that scene. I actually think the subs don't do a thick enough accent because I'm just about as confused as Makoto is listening to him talk.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also, I honestly don't like Japanese F!Robin in Heroes. It's like Miyuki Sawashiro forgot how to play her. That or the Smash version is stuck in my head.

I haven't played Smash in over a year, so I don't really notice, at least.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

It requires you to re-download the voice pack because the game doesn't keep both simultaneously.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

it's kinda eh but i plan on replacing it once i get more fodder

Palla would like sword breaker more since she would get a guaranteed moonbow proc on every sword she faces. Not to mention fortify buffs help her to not take too much damage. She also does more damage than Caeda as well although she doesn't have as much resistance as her

I'd go Palla since she is more stylish strong and can do well in the "Stereotypical sword user" department as well as the "Lets kill everything that's green" department. I say replace Caeda when you get Hinoka. What's the C skill on Wascally Wabbit Camilla again?

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

it's kinda eh but i plan on replacing it once i get more fodder

Palla would like sword breaker more since she would get a guaranteed moonbow proc on every sword she faces. Not to mention fortify buffs help her to not take too much damage. She also does more damage than Caeda as well although she doesn't have as much resistance as her

I'd go Palla since she is more stylish strong and can do well in the "Stereotypical sword user" department as well as the "Lets kill everything that's green" department. I say replace Caeda when you get Hinoka. What's the C skill on Wascally Wabbit Camilla again?

Just now, Arcanite said:

Hmmmmmm ok I could give her that but she also has wings of mercy. RIP Caeda T___T actuallyi 'll probably decide fully once my team is completely assembled

I gave Goad Fliers to Bunny Camilla since I had an extra Palla

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

A green focus has a really good chance of being pulled, because there are less green 5*s than any other color. Right now, for example, ~9.5% of green orbs have a 5*, and about 7% of those are Hectors.

Edit: Linde is in a worse banner (no 5% base chance), and either shares her spot with Cordelia (lower pull chance per orb in return for higher 5* chance), or is alone (lower 5* chance per orb in return for higher pull chance).

It's been tough finding green orbs to begin with. I did pull on this banner a few times and more often than not I didn't find green orbs. 

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Hmmmmmm ok I could give her that but she also has wings of mercy. RIP Caeda T___T actuallyi 'll probably decide fully once my team is completely assembled

I gave Goad Fliers to Bunny Camilla since I had an extra Palla

Okay that's fine

I actually forgot she has wings of Mercy LOL

That may actually be a little bit better to keep. Anywho, its up to you since its your flier team anyway I wish I had a flier team

Just now, Arcanite said:

Okay that's fine

I actually forgot she has wings of Mercy LOL

That may actually be a little bit better to keep. Anywho, its up to you since its your flier team anyway I wish I had a flier team

i would need to promote palla to 5* before doing anything serious with her anyway... :( i need more feathers!

i'm thinking my ideal team would be catria, spring camilla, minerva, and palla? or substitute palla with caeda

ahhhh too hard to figure out

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

i would need to promote palla to 5* before doing anything serious with her anyway... :( i need more feathers!

i'm thinking my ideal team would be catria, spring camilla, minerva, and palla? or substitute palla with caeda

Ask yourself one single question:

How committed are you to flier emblem?

How far do you want to go with this?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With that tone of voice, it's closer in tone to, "All ready," or, "All good." But same meaning of "preparation complete".

Ok, thanks again. Felicia doesn't seem exactly formal. Well, compared to Frederick, Gunter, and Jakob that is. She's like the very casual and clumsy maid friend.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My friend somehow installed BOTH the Japanese and English versions on his phone (I'm not sure what he did), and it switches back and forth between the two languages when he enters the bulletin board. It's trippy.

Weird, but if it works, then sure.

As for Japanese F!Robin, I vaguely remember F!Robin's Japanese voice in Awakening and I think it was through shadowofchaos's videos or sometimes hearing her in Smash 4. Otherwise, Michelle Ruff was the F!Robin for me. Voice-acting in general, some of them have misses for me like I miss the way Severa emphasizes "enough" for "I've had enough!" in Awakening while in Heroes, she just says it without emphasis. Still, she has "LOSER!" which is new, so that's cool.

Whatever, you can't always expect to people to fully remember what they did and sometimes, it might be because of age. I'm not sure, but I think David Hayter mentioned doing Snake's gravely voice actually hurt his vocal chords. Anyway, for the most part, the characters who had voices are still them unless they had a different voice actor for whatever reason like Hinoka and Peri, especially Peri. Hinoka sounds like she's vomiting for one of her normal attacks and Peri sounds... bad.

Speaking of Palla, Palla's voice reminds me of one of the voice options in Dragon's Dogma. Makes sense, it's Laura Bailey and she worked on both games. It's just that it's almost the exact tone and pitch of one of the voices just without the weird, medieval accent.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

From a purely numbers standpoint, Palla deals more damage and survives longer. Caeda doubles the heck out of everything and is significantly more awesome, but without something like Killing Edge/Iceberg on top of a Hone Fliers buff, usually doesn't have enough Atk to get the job done. Unless you're very confident in Spring Princess Camilla and Minerva's abilities to handle every green...the choice is probably Palla =( .

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's two questions.

You should know by now that any time I say any type of number, its never that exact number

Three words:

Spoiler

Just Kidding

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ok, thanks again. Felicia doesn't seem exactly formal. Well, compared to Frederick, Gunter, and Jakob that is. She's like the very casual and clumsy maid friend.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Weird, but if it works, then sure.

As for Japanese F!Robin, I vaguely remember F!Robin's Japanese voice in Awakening and I think it was through shadowofchaos's videos or sometimes hearing her in Smash 4. Otherwise, Michelle Ruff was the F!Robin for me. Voice-acting in general, some of them have misses for me like I miss the way Severa emphasizes "enough" for "I've had enough!" in Awakening while in Heroes, she just says it without emphasis. Still, she has "LOSER!" which is new, so that's cool.

Whatever, you can't always expect to people to fully remember what they did and sometimes, it might be because of age. I'm not sure, but I think David Hayter mentioned doing Snake's gravely voice actually hurt his vocal chords. Anyway, for the most part, the characters who had voices are still them unless they had a different voice actor for whatever reason like Hinoka and Peri, especially Peri. Hinoka sounds like she's vomiting for one of her normal attacks and Peri sounds... bad.

Speaking of Palla, Palla's voice reminds me of one of the voice options in Dragon's Dogma. Makes sense, it's Laura Bailey and she worked on both games. It's just that it's almost the exact tone and pitch of one of the voices just without the weird, medieval accent.

Just now, Arcanite said:

1. very

2. very

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

From a purely numbers standpoint, Palla deals more damage and survives longer. Caeda doubles the heck out of everything and is significantly more awesome, but without something like Killing Edge/Iceberg on top of a Hone Fliers buff, usually doesn't have enough Atk to get the job done. Unless you're very confident in Spring Princess Camilla and Minerva's abilities to handle ever green...the choice is probably Palla =( .

Noooooooo :(

well, let's see how Camilla fares when/if I get Gronnblade+...

flight team has improved once I realized the better option is to just do what I do with my arthur squad: wait for a team of all/primarily lances (or swords) and send my wyverns/pegasi (I remembered I have 2 4* catrias, makes it loads easier) into the fray.

That said I definitely almost lost a 3 lance/1 axe battle because the axe was minerva who hits hard & doubles and its bad times. Pulled it out though, thank you narcian vengeance & caeda managing to survive one (1) hit while dealing 10 damage in return.

Arthur squad is now at 1162 HM, too. Will be so nice once this is done so I can start dismantling these people for their Swaps and Lance breakers

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You should know by now that any time I say any type of number, its never that exact number

Three words:

Hide contents

Just Kidding

Why am I reminded of 1984?

Spoiler

2 + 2 = 5, 2 + 2 = 5, 2 + 2 = 5!!!