Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Weird question for people who understand Japanese. One of the lines Cecilia and Ursula give when you pick them on the map is something like: "Gome-de-wo". What does that mean? I doubt this is the case, but perhaps it's something like "Your orders?" since Cecilia and Ursula share a line. Then again, tons of characters have stuff like, "What?", "Let's go!", etc.

Oh, and Felicia has something that's like "Junbi okay desu." I'd like to know what that means too.

I wished there was a Japanese quote list on the wiki. Yes, it would be long and double the stuff on the pages, but it would be cool.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

If I pull someone with Killing Edge+, should I give Caeda it? I was thinking of it for shortening the Glacies CD. If I do though, she can't kill Hector anymore :(

Is Caeda your only Hector answer? Is there anyone else you can use?

If she's your only Hector answer, just keep the Armor slayer!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Is Caeda your only Hector answer? Is there anyone else you can use?

If she's your only Hector answer, just keep the Armor slayer!

I dunno. I had Tharja on my old team and she beat him. Now I have Caeda and Palla but I want to replace one of them if I get Hinoka or Minerva. Maybe I'll just replace Palla and keep Armorslayer unless Spring Camilla can win..

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I dunno. I had Tharja on my old team and she beat him. Now I have Caeda and Palla but I want to replace one of them if I get Hinoka or Minerva. Maybe I'll just replace Palla and keep Armorslayer unless Spring Camilla can win..

Lemme do some calculations and I'll see if Gronnblade Camilla can one shot hector with buffs, as well as how well Palla and Caeda handle him too

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Lemme do some calculations and I'll see if Gronnblade Camilla can one shot hector with buffs, as well as how well Palla and Caeda handle him too

I did calculations with Green Egg+ lol since i don't have Gronnblade yet :(

green egg loses

Edited by GuiltyLove

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I did calculations with Green Egg+ lol since i don't have Gronnblade yet :(

Well you'll get it one day so I figured lemme do it anyway¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well you'll get it one day so I figured lemme do it anyway¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+Atk Nino can do it, so I'd imagine Camilla can too. I did run into a Hector that would have survived this morning though...I think he was +4 or so?

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

green egg loses

Indeed you're right

But Neutral gronnblade+ Camilla only needs some more defense and speed to kill a Hector without dying.

Also, I'd say that Palla and Caeda handle Hector equally, but Palla lives with more HP.

Its really up to who you like more.

Who's more special to you?

Who's more good-looking?

Who gives you more loyalty?

Do you believe in love?

Edited by Arcanite

27 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Weird question for people who understand Japanese. One of the lines Cecilia and Ursula give when you pick them on the map is something like: "Gome-de-wo". What does that mean? I doubt this is the case, but perhaps it's something like "Your orders?" since Cecilia and Ursula share a line. Then again, tons of characters have stuff like, "What?", "Let's go!", etc.

Oh, and Felicia has something that's like "Junbi okay desu." I'd like to know what that means too.

I wished there was a Japanese quote list on the wiki. Yes, it would be long and double the stuff on the pages, but it would be cool.

Cecilia and Ursula's is ご命令を [go-meirei wo] which, in fact, does mean, "Orders?" with the honorifics (the go- prefix elevates meirei, orders, to honorific status) to properly indicate that they are a subordinate and you are their commander while dropping the majority of the sentence.

I haven't heard it myself, but Felicia's would be 準備OKです [junbi OK desu], which would more or less translate as, "Preparations complete." I'm choosing to translate "OK" as "complete" here because that's specifically what it means here in context.

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Indeed you're right

But Neutral gronnblade+ Camilla only needs some more defense and speed to kill a Hector without dying.

Also, I'd say that Palla and Caeda handle Hector equally, but Palla lives with more HP.

Its really up to who you like more.

Who's more special to you?

Who's more good-looking?

Who gives you more loyalty?

Do you believe in love?

Ughhhhhh

maybe i'll just keep Caeda around and use armorslayer until i get gronnblade

and then i'll wait until i get hinoka or commander minerva and replace palla :(

i like both palla and caeda though

decisions, decisions 

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ughhhhhh

decisions, decisions 

Caeda is more of a feelings person, and Palla is a cool big sister

Think about these things, Guilty, think about these things........

Spoiler

I feel like calling you "Guilty" is weird, but if I call you "love" people might get the wrong idea lol

Maybe I should say "Glove"?

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ughhhhhh

decisions, decisions 

Just give Caeda's Fortify Fliers to Palla smh

@Arcanite seconding "Glove"

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ughhhhhh

decisions, decisions 

As much as I like Caeda, she really wants Hone Fliers, so you're probably better off with Palla for now, although I admit I haven't really run survival numbers on either of them. However, unless you've outsourced Fortify Fliers to someone else, the time you get Gronnblade is the time to not drop Caeda, since you'd be losing +12 in buffs for that tome's (amazingly) disgusting damage conversion, imo.

Edit:

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Blasphemy!

Edited by LordFrigid

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Caeda is more of a feelings person, and Palla is a cool big sister

Think about these things, Guilty, think about these things........

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like calling you "Guilty" is weird, but if I call you "love" people might get the wrong idea lol

Maybe I should say "Glove"?

hmmmmmmmm

Spoiler
Spoiler

i'll decide once i get more fliers

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

As much as I like Caeda, she really wants Hone Fliers, so you're probably better off with Palla for now, although I admit I haven't really run survival numbers on either of them. However, unless you've outsourced Fortify Fliers to someone else, the time you get Gronnblade is the time to not drop Caeda, since you'd be losing +12 in buffs for that tome's (amazingly) disgusting damage conversion, imo.

oh ok. i actually had a spare caeda that i gave to catria. probably wasn't a good idea... sigh. maybe i'll just wait until i get more caeda's, hinoka's etc

edit: also you can just call me whatever you want (with certain exceptions of course)

Edited by GuiltyLove

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Making a Japanese quote list sounds fun, but that would take foreverrrrrrrrrr

Good ol' pegasusknight.com has a good number of them, if you know how to find them (never figured out why the Japanese were so bad at styling websites to look pretty and modern and be easy to read).

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

oh ok. i actually had a spare caeda that i gave to catria. probably wasn't a good idea... sigh. maybe i'll just wait until i get more caeda's, hinoka's etc

Eh, idk if I'd call it bad, per se. It's ("it" being sacrificing the one true flier Caeda to someone else for Fortify) probably not an unpopular option, as far as flier teams go, since she takes quite a bit of resources to make viable (it's soooo satisfying though...but again, I'm biased, so, yeah). Catria's not bad either, and it's not like she really wants something else in her C slot.

I'll cross my fingers for you on the more Hinokas thing =P .

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Good ol' pegasusknight.com has a good number of them, if you know how to find them (never figured out why the Japanese were so bad at styling websites to look pretty and modern and be easy to read).

Oh, well at least there's less need to listen to every single sound file, transcribe them, AND translate them, then.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cecilia and Ursula's is ご命令を [go-meirei wo] which, in fact, does mean, "Orders?" with the honorifics (the go- prefix elevates meirei, orders, to honorific status) to properly indicate that they are a subordinate and you are their commander while dropping the majority of the sentence.

I haven't heard it myself, but Felicia's would be 準備OKです [junbi OK desu], which would more or less translate as, "Preparations complete." I'm choosing to translate "OK" as "complete" here because that's specifically what it means here in context.

Cool, thanks. Huh, I wonder if Lon'qu has the same line then since he does say "Orders?" in English. Pretty sure someone else says it, but he's the only one I can think of right now.

If you want to hear Felicia saying that, it happens within the first few seconds of the map starting for one of Mkv's F!Robin strategy videos: https://youtu.be/grSbsCGMukE?t=15.

One weird thing for me is that with "junbi" meaning preparation. For me, it sounds similar to saying "prepare" in Vietnamese which is "chuẩn bị". And then there's "yes" in Japanese and Cantonese both being "hai", but said in different tones. Do not get started with what "hai" can be in Vietnamese depending on what accent you put on it. Anyway, I digress.

Also, I'm guessing Donnel's "Ikube!" or however it's spelt in Romaji is a variation of saying, "Ikuze!"? Or perhaps it's an accent since he's supposed to be from the country.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Eh, idk if I'd call it bad, per se. It's ("it" being sacrificing the one true flier Caeda to someone else for Fortify) probably not an unpopular option, as far as flier teams go, since she takes quite a bit of resources to make viable (it's soooo satisfying though...but again, I'm biased, so, yeah). Catria's not bad either, and it's not like she really wants something else in her C slot.

I'll cross my fingers for you on the more Hinokas thing =P .

well, i put some resources in Caeda like Swordbreaker 2 and Glacies. I don't want to give her up quite yet. i know i'm planning on making Catria and Bunny Camilla mainstays of my team (or until there's another flying mage to replace Camilla...)

i do like Caeda though! ahhhhhhh decisions...

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, I'm guessing Donnel's "Ikube!" or however it's spelt in Romaji is a variation of saying, "Ikuze!"? Or perhaps it's an accent since he's supposed to be from the country.

Yup, that's like the stereotypical country bumpkin accent. Mozu's accent is even heavier.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

well, i put some resources in Caeda like Swordbreaker 2 and Glacies. I don't want to give her up quite yet. i know i'm planning on making Catria and Bunny Camilla mainstays of my team (or until there's another flying mage to replace Camilla...)

You gave Caeda Sword breaker?

When did you do that?

Did someone tell you to do that or did you do that on your own accord?

So, I had an interesting arena battle earlier this morning...

the team I was facing had a Takumi and 3 Hectors, which I thought was... really interesting. I basically just kited them with Marth until I won but, yeah. That happened. lol

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You gave Caeda Sword breaker?

When did you do that?

Did someone tell you to do that or did you do that on your own accord?

I did that a while ago since I didn't have any Desperation fodder

i did it of my own accord

Edited by GuiltyLove