Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I PULLED RYOMA THIS TIME. :D

But sadly, he's -Spd. That's the worst for him (even worse than -Atk) because Ryoma's all about speed. :( Yet with -Spd, he's left with a crummy 32 spd instead of 35 or 38. Ugh, after the money I threw at the game for him...

But if boons and banes really don't matter THAT much, is he still salvageable? Like, could I give him Speed +3 or Darting Blow or a breaker skill and do fine with him?

This is also the umpteenth +HP 5 star I've pulled. This is becoming a curse for sure. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Oh yeah!

I remember when you were coming up with this set!

And you even put the +1 Attack seal for maximum match-up effectiveness! LET THE ARENA SLAUGHTER BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The overkill is beautiful *-*... Guess the next project is Xander, but like :/ It's only out of love from Fates. Is it terrible that I'm disliking him for his art and voice direction (even though he's one of my faves and I had been looking forward to this so much) ._. *grumbles* 

1 minute ago, immatx said:

I already have Azura, I don't like Takumi, and I'm honestly set on blues and reds. All I need is a good green unit that's melee, and Hector would be perfect.

Just throwing this out there. If it's just a green melee unit you care about having, consider Michalis if you got him from GHB. He's a pretty nice unit that doesn't need luck to draw. I'm personally a bit iffy about Hector's 1 mov, even though he's great and worth putting up with the mov most of the time. I do like using Michalis a lot because he's easier to position, and doesn't rely on others repositioning him or pivoting. If anything Michalis will the be the doing the shielding by swapping with units out of more vulnerable positions. imho He's a surprisingly good team player.

8 minutes ago, komasa said:

The overkill is beautiful *-*... Guess the next project is Xander, but like :/ It's only out of love from Fates. Is it terrible that I'm disliking him for his art and voice direction (even though he's one of my faves and I had been looking forward to this so much) ._. *grumbles* 

There's no kill like overkill :)

i don't think that's a bad reason to dislike him

not really using eliwood or cordelia because they look kinda weird 

9 minutes ago, komasa said:

Just throwing this out there. If it's just a green melee unit you care about having, consider Michalis if you got him from GHB. He's a pretty nice unit that doesn't need luck to draw. I'm personally a bit iffy about Hector's 1 mov, even though he's great and worth putting up with the mov most of the time. I do like using Michalis a lot because he's easier to position, and doesn't rely on others repositioning him or pivoting. If anything Michalis will the be the doing the shielding by swapping with units out of more vulnerable positions. imho He's a surprisingly good team player.

I used him at 4* level 40 a couple weeks back and I wasn't impressed. I don't mind the low movement at all, I have Effie in every one of my comps. I just think Hector will help more because right now Effie is the only one I have who can tank hits, which means I have to use her in every single comp.

Okay, given what fodder I have available, I'm thinking of running this set on Ryoma.

Special: Glimmer

Assist: Swap

A Skill: Fury 3

B Skill: Vantage 3

C Skill: Hone Spd

Look okay?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Okay, given what fodder I have available, I'm thinking of running this set on Ryoma.

Special: Glimmer

Assist: Swap

A Skill: Fury 3

B Skill: Vantage 3

C Skill: Hone Spd

Look okay?

Looks fine except for Glimmer.

Glimmer/Astra are without a doubt the worse offensive specials in the game, and you're better off with almost anything else. 

Ryoma in particular really likes Draconic Aura if you can give it to him (off the top of my head I know Camilla and female Corrin get it). 

Other than that, everything else looks great!

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Looks fine except for Glimmer.

Glimmer/Astra are without a doubt the worse offensive specials in the game, and you're better off with almost anything else. 

Ryoma in particular really likes Draconic Aura if you can give it to him (off the top of my head I know Camilla and female Corrin get it). 

Other than that, everything else looks great!

Yeah, I knew I was ignoring Astra since I won't bother with 5 cooldown specials unless it's Ike because Heavy Blade.

I only have one female Corrin and never had Camilla though. But how about Dragon Fang? I have fodder for that and it's what I gave Azura and she kicks ass with it.

Yeah, I knew I was ignoring Astra since I won't bother with 5 cooldown specials unless it's Ike because Heavy Blade.

I only have one female Corrin and never had Camilla though. But how about Dragon Fang? I have fodder for that and it's what I gave Azura and she kicks ass with it.

Dragon Fang would be fine too, if you're fine with the longer CD compared to Draconic Aura. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Dragon Fang would be fine too, if you're fine with the longer CD compared to Draconic Aura. 

I'm fine with it given that's worked well on Azura. Plus, Aether is basically a cooldown of 4 for Ike too with his Heavy Blade there. So I'm fine with specials that have a cooldown of 4.

I'll consider Draconic Aura if I do pull another female Corrin or Camilla though (however, if it's a 5 star Camilla, her Brave Axe+ is going to Freddy).

I'm fine with it given that's worked well on Azura. Plus, Aether is basically a cooldown of 4 for Ike too with his Heavy Blade there. So I'm fine with specials that have a cooldown of 4.

I'll consider Draconic Aura if I do pull another female Corrin or Camilla though (however, if it's a 5 star Camilla, her Brave Axe+ is going to Freddy).

Yeah that's fair. 

Also, if you're going the Brave Axe route on Fred, I'd recommend replacing Armored Blow with Death Blow (Armored Blow is fine right now, but once he gets a Brave Axe, Death Blow will be a lot better). 

Yeah that's fair. 

Also, if you're going the Brave Axe route on Fred, I'd recommend replacing Armored Blow with Death Blow (Armored Blow is fine right now, but once he gets a Brave Axe, Death Blow will be a lot better). 

But the only unit that I know I've seen with Death Blow is Alfonse... I might've seen it on Hawkeye, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, it must be on someone I've never pulled. But it's an idea, it is. I just gave Freddy Armored Blow to take advantage of his +Def. 39 def plus up to 6 more gives him 45 on player phase! And with buffs from other units, nothing physical will even scratch him!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But the only unit that I know I've seen with Death Blow is Alfonse... I might've seen it on Hawkeye, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, it must be on someone I've never pulled. But it's an idea, it is. I just gave Freddy Armored Blow to take advantage of his +Def. 39 def plus up to 6 more gives him 45 on player phase! And with buffs from other units, nothing physical will even scratch him!

4* Klein gets Death Blow. Sack the next one you pull.

Why tank hits with 45 Def when you can ORKO stuff with Death Blow Brave Axe? Frederick has great base Atk for a cavalier and it's definitely something you should consider maxing out, if you ever get Camilla fodder.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

4* Klein gets Death Blow. Sack the next one you pull.

Why tank hits with 45 Def when you can ORKO stuff with Death Blow Brave Axe? Frederick has great base Atk for a cavalier and it's definitely something you should consider maxing out, if you ever get Camilla fodder.

I guess I love seeing weapons doink off of him. lol Because it is rather amusing. XD

But you have a good idea. And I forgot about Klein, he does indeed have it. But my only pulled Klein has been my 5 star one who was pulled that way, so...

31 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Frederick has great base Atk for a cavalier

...Understatement. Frederick's base Atk is the highest among all of the game's cavalry units.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I love seeing weapons doink off of him. lol Because it is rather amusing. XD

But you have a good idea. And I forgot about Klein, he does indeed have it. But my only pulled Klein has been my 5 star one who was pulled that way, so...

Enemies won't even get the chance to counterattack when you have a Death-Blow-powered Brave Axe+ to attack with.

You don't have the Brave Axe+ ready yet, so there's no rush to get another Klein (or Hawkeye).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

...Understatement. Frederick's base Atk is the highest among all of the game's cavalry units.

Enemies won't even get the chance to counterattack when you have a Death-Blow-powered Brave Axe+ to attack with.

You don't have the Brave Axe+ ready yet, so there's no rush to get another Klein (or Hawkeye).

Yep, that first statement is true! Always loved that about the Freddy Bear. <3

And yeah, no rush since I don't even have the Brave Axe+ yet.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm aware...

Weird how an armored gentleman is as strong as a samurai girl. Fire Emblem is strange.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm aware...

Weird how an armored gentleman is as strong as a samurai girl. Fire Emblem is strange.

Not as weird as a man in full-blown armor being fast enough to double hit a man on a horse.

(Forever sad that Reinhardt is literally slow enough to get doubled by neutral Hector)

Not as weird as a man in full-blown armor being fast enough to double hit a man on a horse.

(Forever sad that Reinhardt is literally slow enough to get doubled by neutral Hector)

You can't double an enemy if they're dead.

Hector

with

+

Atk

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

If you have any spare Cherche, even just ATK+3 is enough for this particular build. And it is absolutely worth it. I know you've promoted your Freddy to 5star already, so if he's +ATK, even just the ATK+3 and standard Brave Axe should be enough to wreck most enemies that aren't red or hector, and he has the armor to eat Hector's attack anyway. There are targets where Death Blow would've helped, but that's a lot more rare than ATK+ in my experience.

Totally worth it in any case.

Spoiler

RQ6VzlG.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

If you have any spare Cherche, even just ATK+3 is enough for this particular build. And it is absolutely worth it. I know you've promoted your Freddy to 5star already, so if he's +ATK, even just the ATK+3 and standard Brave Axe should be enough to wreck most enemies that aren't red or hector, and he has the armor to eat Hector's attack anyway. There are targets where Death Blow would've helped, but that's a lot more rare than ATK+ in my experience.

Totally worth it in any case.

Reveal hidden contents

RQ6VzlG.jpg

Yeah, but I just said in that post that my Freddy is +Def. :P And yeah, he already eats Hectors too since I gave him Axebreaker and he still has a hammer.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I just said in that post that my Freddy is +Def. :P And yeah, he already eats Hectors too since I gave him Axebreaker and he still has a hammer.

Derp, my bad. XD

Still, I'm totally with you on Frederick being an amazing unit when you give him the right shenanigans. It's just a shame he has such low RES and SPD, but I guess a horse unit has to sacrifice something to get ATK and DEF that's as good as his. That build I linked has made him my MVP, actively putting out the same or better performance than my Reinhardt, and he doesn't need to be in Horse Emblem to work either :D: (Nor is he 5star in my case)

11 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

Derp, my bad. XD

Still, I'm totally with you on Frederick being an amazing unit when you give him the right shenanigans. It's just a shame he has such low RES and SPD, but I guess a horse unit has to sacrifice something to get ATK and DEF that's as good as his. That build I linked has made him my MVP, actively putting out the same or better performance than my Reinhardt, and he doesn't need to be in Horse Emblem to work either :D: (Nor is he 5star in my case)

Oh yeah, when used right, Freddy can take hits for you all day and dish them out hard. He just specializes almost completely in attack and defense, so he needs teammates that make up for that in speed and res to help him with mages.