Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

You know what? I think I'm just done with this whole game. For real. All I get is frustrated and wasted resources (using my crests only to lose in the arena, using my stamina only to lose). I just can't get good enough units or gameplay skill or something. It's too difficult and I will never understand how other people can do so well in it. Because no matter what I do, I can't. It doesn't make any sense to me and I'd rather just stop and not worry about it.

I don't wish for anyone to try to help me, because I've made my decision. People already tried to help me anyway, and it did nothing for me (as much as I appreciate the effort).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

There's like 15 fliers though, and probably more horses.

There's what, 5 armors? Effie/Sheena/Hector/Wendy/Draug + Zephiel

True armour quest is pretty annoying, but at least all armours are either good or get a skill to boost armour allies.

Last time I didn't beat the armour quest, but Hector got me through it today. The rest I've already done once, so I should be able to do it again. Hopefully I can get those orbs before the hero fest banner ends.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know what? I think I'm just done with this whole game. For real. All I get is frustrated and wasted resources (using my crests only to lose in the arena, using my stamina only to lose). I just can't get good enough units or gameplay skill or something. It's too difficult and I will never understand how other people can do so well in it. Because no matter what I do, I can't. It doesn't make any sense to me and I'd rather just stop and not worry about it.

Awww what?

You've spent way too much money to quit! 

I know you said you don't want help but please reconsider!

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Thanks. enough time to get 20 orbs :)

I've 22 right now (after spending 9 to get two Fredericks instead of one Titania). Still have 7 (realistically 6, eh, armours) orbs to earn through the quests.

Saving for Julia's banner, you see.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Arcanite said:

Awww what?

You've spent way too much money to quit! 

I know you said you don't want help but please reconsider!

Sorry, Arcanite.

But I've tried to get help already and like I said, it unfortunately didn't work. I do regret spending money on it now, but I didn't go broke or anything, so it's not that big a deal.

What's the point in playing if I can't win battles much?

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Man, screw the tenth stratum quests. They're not worth the trouble for only one orb each. It's near impossible to beat the tenth stratum without losing units, let alone with just infantry or just fliers or whatever. Imo, at the very least, the orb reward should be bigger for these floors. One orb for both the much easier fifth stratum and one orb for the far more difficult tenth stratum makes no sense.

I just wasted a whole stamina potion trying to get more deathless wins in it and came away with none.

Not to mention you can end up with BS like a map full of armors that take near zero damage from ANY attack.

I've been doing just fine with my flier team, and my infantry team. I can probably do Cav team if it rolls Green heavy since 2/3 of my fully trained Cavs are red (the third is Green and the one carrying Hone Cavs) and I can just put a lv 30 Priscilla for utility in the fourth slot.

Full Armor is something I never want to do though, because >1 move.

So no, it's not impossible.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've been doing just fine with my flier team, and my infantry team. I can probably do Cav team if it rolls Green heavy since 2/3 of my fully trained Cavs are red (the third is Green and the one carrying Hone Cavs) and I can just put a lv 30 Priscilla for utility in the fourth slot.

Full Armor is something I never want to do though, because >1 move.

So no, it's not impossible.

Nah, I disagree. It's too difficult, imo.

I don't have enough trained up cavs and fliers anyway. And I only have two armors (Draug and Zephiel).

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Elieson said:

There's like 15 fliers though, and probably more horses.

There's what, 5 armors? Effie/Sheena/Hector/Wendy/Draug + Zephiel

You'd be surprised...

It's mostly just a waiting game. That, and people who have only just started playing might not have done enough pulls to make a full team for each type, let alone armors.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, I disagree.

And I'm literally saying that I am in the process of doing it myself, and it's more or less working out thus far.

Goad/Hone/Fortify/Ward [unit type] are a massive boon for the [insert move type here] quests sans infantry, for which you can basically just send Klein to nuke everything with Dancer support (as all dancers are infantry units).  

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

And I'm literally saying that I am in the process of doing it myself, and it's more or less working out thus far.

Goad/Hone/Fortify/Ward [unit type] are a massive boon for the [insert move type here] quests sans infantry, for which you can basically just send Klein to nuke everything with Dancer support (as all dancers are infantry units).  

Fine, all I'm saying is that I think it's very difficult, that's all. Also, Klein can't actually nuke everything, not when the tenth stratum is so random. I've run into plenty of things that he could barely damage.

And the only unit I have with a Goad/Hone/Fortify/Ward skill is Palla. I don't have enough trained fliers or cavs.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't wish for anyone to try to help me, because I've made my decision. People already tried to help me anyway, and it did nothing for me (as much as I appreciate the effort).

After all the money you've spent on this game it's really a shame.

I think you would beifit from taking a break. Delete the game off your phone for ahile and come back to it in a week or two with a fresh attitude. 

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

You'd be surprised...

It's mostly just a waiting game. That, and people who have only just started playing might not have done enough pulls to make a full team for each type, let alone armors.

Axe armors being exclusively 5 star with Sheema/Sheena and Hector is pretty bad.

But from what I see, if you can give some repositioning skills, you can make it workable with Zephiel, Elfie/Effie and such 4 stars.

But that only goes as far as training tower. Full armor buff team requires distant counter on arena pretty much. Thank goodness it's not that.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, I disagree.

You should at least be able to clear the 10th stratum quest that doesn't specify a movement type I think. Infantry should be doable as well, since you have quite some good 5-star infantry units.

The rest will be pretty tough, but you don't need to finish evrything and maybe you pull a good unit later this month?

Cavalry might work if you can build a team around your OP Fredrick actually. You'll need a Gunther, a mounted healer and a fourth cavalry unit though.

Most of these require some patience, but as long as you can wait for good matchups to show up, it's possible.

@shadowofchaos, Sheena can be pulled as a 4-star, and she can even learn ward armour at that rarity. I have one, so I know.

Edited by Bartozio

Just now, Anacybele said:

Fine, all I'm saying is that I think it's very difficult, that's all.

There is a difference between very difficult and impossible. Other people have been able to do it so it's not impossible. That said, I do agree that the quest is hard, but maybe it'll be good training for you to better position your units?

Well, if you decide to quit, then I hope you'll find more fun with other games. I think a lot of people aside from myself would ask you to reconsider though :(

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But I've tried to get help already and like I said, it unfortunately didn't work. I do regret spending money on it now, but I didn't go broke or anything, so it's not that big a deal.

Well

There is a difference between the help not working and you not trying

(I know we're beating a dead horse here) But when people said to use Cecilia, you said she's too weak. When people say use Nino you didn't want to use her.

Just be a little more open-minded!

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I think you would beifit from taking a break. Delete the game off your phone for a while and come back to it in a week or two with a fresh attitude. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Axe armors being exclusively 5 star with Sheema/Sheena and Hector is pretty bad.

But from what I see, if you can give some repositioning skills, you can make it workable with Zephiel, Elfie/Effie and such 4 stars.

But that only goes as far as training tower. Full armor buff team requires distant counter on arena pretty much. Thank goodness it's not that.

Sheena is a 4* grab, and Gwen gets Hone Armor.

It's still a pain without positioning skills, though. I barely did it last time with Pivot + Brave Lance Effie, between rerolling stratums and enemies going straight for my underleveled scrubs. Maps with chokepoints make it much easier though.

Draug is actually not that bad for these missions. He has Ward Armor for extra fatness on Effie and he's surprisingly fast with a steel sword. Give him a silver and he'll be set.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

After all the money you've spent on this game it's really a shame.

I think you would beifit from taking a break. Delete the game off your phone for ahile and come back to it in a week or two with a fresh attitude. 

...If I delete the game, I delete the data too. :/ I might want to simply go look at it once in awhile.

But yeah, I know, it is rather a shame. After what I spent, I couldn't do well...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

You should at least be able to clear the 10th stratum quest that doesn't specify a movement type I think. Infantry should be doable as well, since you have quite some good 5-star infantry units.

The rest will be pretty tough, but you don't need to finish evrything and maybe you pull a good unit later this month?

Cavalry might work if you can build a team around your OP Fredrick actually. You'll need a Gunther, a mounted healer and a fourth cavalry unit though.

Most of these require some patience, but as long as you can wait for good matchups to show up, it's possible.

Yeah, too bad I don't have a Gunter (it's not Gunther, it's Gunter) or a mounted healer. The other cavs I have are Stahl, Abel, Cain, Jagen, and Sully. I pulled Gunter a few times, but I used him for skill fodder (Armored Blow for Freddy and all).

Infantry and no unit type requirement should be doable, yeah. But I'm not good enough...

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

There is a difference between very difficult and impossible. Other people have been able to do it so it's not impossible. That said, I do agree that the quest is hard, but maybe it'll be good training for you to better position your units?

Well, if you decide to quit, then I hope you'll find more fun with other games. I think a lot of people aside from myself would ask you to reconsider though :(

I know, I never said it was literally impossible. Just very hard. But yeah, I hope I can go find other games to play that aren't so ridiculously hard.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well

There is a difference between the help not working and you not trying

(I know we're beating a dead horse here) But when people said to use Cecilia, you said she's too weak. When people say use Nino you didn't want to use her.

Just be a little more open-minded!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's two out of hundreds of units that I decided not to use... Surely there are better options for me? And it isn't even just that Cecilia is too weak, I don't have the resources to use her. She requires some inheritance.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She requires some inheritance.

I have a vanilla 4 star that I upgraded from the free unit rotation.

Level 36 and she does fine checking damaged Takumis with Vantage.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I have a vanilla 4 star that I upgraded from the free unit rotation.

Level 36 and she does fine checking damaged Takumis with Vantage.

Good for you. Doesn't mean I'd get the same outcome. I don't have enough skill, remember? She'd be killed by a different enemy unit first.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's two out of hundreds of units that I decided not to use... Surely there are better options for me? And it isn't even just that Cecilia is too weak, I don't have the resources to use her. She requires some inheritance.

The main thing is that Nino and Cecilia happen to be green mages, and decent ones at that (Nino being better before inheritance), which covers Ike's biggest weakness: Mages in general, especially blue ones.

You can run Niles with Fury 3 and QR to counter kill mages, or Felicia, but neither has the same offensive presence as Nino or an SI'd Cecilia. If you can manage to pull a Soren and run him your team would probably get a lot stronger, too.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you ever get around to doing that thing where you post all the units you have and their natures in a spreadsheet, so that all of us here can contribute towards helping build you a team that may make your life easier for these GHBs? (Link it in your signature, so people can access it any time, rather than having to go back 30+ pages in an entirely different thread).

You've got a relatively small list of people on your roster, vs me with 150+. It shouldn't take you long and heck, I could build you a template to do it all so you can do the data plugs in about 5-10 minutes on a GoogleSheet