Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, unique said:

huh, I tried a training tower map with him and fir on my team and it looks like he does. never noticed that

Yeah I checked again, and I think every infantry Sword except Alm does the first strike with both hands, but Navarre is the only guy who also does the second swing with both hands. Unless Ike also has unique swings.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

I'm conflicted. On one hand, Wo Dao is befitting the Scarlet Sword's name and is objectively better than a Killing Edge, but on the other hand... Navarre and Killing Edge have always gone hand in hand.

Still, I want a reason to use Navarre over my million other reds and a Wo Dao would give me that reason. If I ever get one. ;-;

A wo dao is just a customised and superior killing edge, the association will not be broken.
Fir is supposed to have a wo dao, but her sword in all of her art is white, not red.
I wonder whether Marisa will have a customised shamshir as her weapon.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, is it just me, or does Navarre actually have a unique attacking animation? He holds his sword with both hands. Or am I just crazy and all this Lucina has been doing this too?

I thought all the myrmidon-types did it? In their special, they hold the sword with both hands, jump and rotate.
His idle pose has him holding the sword in one hand anyway.

Now that I checked, it does look like he holds the sword in both hands. Huh. Time to check out Lon'qu.

Okay, Lon'qu has the same animations, my theory was correct.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yup. I don't know much about programming, I'll admit it, but I don't imagine it's hard to program a healer (with their halved damage to begin with) to try and not 1v1 a nuke mage... And yet, here we are. Lol.

as a fourth year college studentĀ inĀ computer science, i really can't see why it'd be hard either. they should definitely have separate instructions for healers that make them fulfill the supportive role they're supposed to instead of trying and failing to kill anything that moves. they just really don't seem to care about healers lol.

oooh those maps, yeah agreed. felt good to finally use Priscilla as something aside fromĀ a babysitter in the training tower. and heck yeah Still-Earth Balm with those forts, good stuff good stuff.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah I checked again, and I think every infantry Sword except Alm does the first strike with both hands, but Navarre is the only guy who also does the second swing with both hands. Unless Ike also has unique swings.

I believe Navarre shares his "myrmidon" animations with Karel and Lon'qu.

The other myrms don't get those animations because they're not edgy enough.

Edited by Korath88

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

+Spd is good for like, the majority of the good attackers though. Ryoma, Marth, Nino, Takumi, etc. etc.

So +Spd, -Atk Marth is kind of salvageable? (i have two 4 stars ehhh)

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just realized my only +Atk 5*s are Healers or Dagger users.

My 5 star Maria is +Atk. Strangely satisfying to see her kill armours while I train a unit that can't deal with armours.

Also regarding Brave Sword Seliph, how would a Brave Sword Alphonse work theoretically? He is slow as well and he already has natural Death Blow.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I thought all the myrmidon-types did it? In their special, they hold the sword with both hands, jump and rotate.

Now that I checked, it does look like he holds the sword in both hands. Huh. Time to check out Lon'qu.

Fir and Hana definitely don't do that two-handed thing, but Lon'qu might, I'm not sure. I just burnt my only one.

This might be something you'd want to knowĀ for your sprite assembly stuff, eh?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

fir definitely doesn't, but I just checked and lon'qu actually does

maybe it's only the male ones or something????

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fir and Hana definitely don't do that two-handed thing, but Lon'qu might, I'm not sure. I just burnt my only one.

This might be something you'd want to knowĀ for your sprite assembly stuff, eh?

I remember Hana. Just checked Fir and they both don't indeed! It must be male myrmidons then.

2 minutes ago, unique said:

Yeah, checked Fir and Lon'qu. It must be the males.

Edited by Vaximillian

So... I've been doing a bit of number crunching on Raven Tome TA-3 Nino (I don't have a Julia and I need someone to lure Reins), and Glimmer is apparently better than Dragonic Aura, probably due to TA-3 and Raven tome making it the better damage skill due to the increased effective attack. (Which affects glimmer and astra but not the dragon time. Astra > Dragon Fang, too, but Astra's 5cd versus Dragon Fang's 4, so...)

Well, I've trained Oboro almost to level 40, without spending any SP yet, since her default set is kinda bad.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I remember Hana. Just checked Fir and they both don't indeed! It must be male myrmidons then.

Ryoma and Hinata do not have those animations either.

Just Navarre, Karel and Lon'quĀ 

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Ryoma and Hinata technically aren't myrmidons, they are samurai.

4 minutes ago, unique said:

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

s e x i s m

Just now, Korath88 said:

Ryoma and Hinata are Samurai, not Myrmidons... Maybe that could be why lol?

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

So... I've been doing a bit of number crunching on Raven Tome TA-3 Nino (I don't have a Julia and I need someone to lure Reins), and Glimmer is apparently better than Dragonic Aura, probably due to TA-3 and Raven tome making it the better damage skill due to the increased effective attack. (Which affects glimmer and astra but not the dragon time. Astra > Dragon Fang, too, but Astra's 5cd versus Dragon Fang's 4, so...)

wow, that's pretty neat. having Glimmer on a mage might be better too, relative to all the physical units that come with it,Ā since a lot units have mediocre Res if they aren't mages. mages also have weapons that tend to be weaker than most physical weapons, so that mightĀ offsetĀ Draconic AuraĀ in general for magesĀ since they usually have less attack but do more damage because of everything having low Res. (?)Ā 

7 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

wow, that's pretty neat. having Glimmer on a mage might be better too, relative to all the physical units that come with it,Ā since a lot units have mediocre Res if they aren't mages. mages also have weapons that tend to be weaker than most physical weapons, so that mightĀ offsetĀ Draconic AuraĀ in general for magesĀ since they usually have less attack but do more damage because of everything having low Res. (?)Ā 

The main problem with things with mediocre Res is that most mages explode them without a special, so it's only the high res things that survive with or without (and the dragon line kills even the ones with high res).

I did some more number crunching, and Glimmer mostly only outdoes Draconic Aura when Nino's star level is low and her tome isn't a raven+. Past that the dragon line starts being better again.

Pity, but I guess Glimmer could be useful for a mage on a budget. Shame that's literally its only niche, when you're too poor to afford Draconic Aura.

Edit: I did some more numbers, and the result is consistent, Glimmer gets better as the unit's Atk gets shittier. So, if you're Setsuna or something who has literally no stat for a damaging special, Glimmer is the best. (lol). Everyone else has at least one of HP (reprisal or vengeance), Def (bonfire), Res (Iceberg), or Atk (dragon line). Notably, Glimmer even outdoes Luna when your Atk is in the dumpster.

Probably because when you do -20 damage or something, making the enemy lose 10 def/res doesn't actually help, it's still 0 damage.

Edited by DehNutCase

12 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Also I hope they give Wo Dao to some other character at some point. Since it isn't unique.

There's Karla, Karel's sister. She starts out with a Wo Dao like Karel does. Whenever Karla gets in, then there can be another family in Heroes... Except, well, it'll be a bittersweet reunion like with Ninian or Eldigan and Lachesis. Apparently Mia starts out with one in Radiant Dawn and Athena in New Mystery according to the wiki. Fir's supposed to have a Wo Dao, but they gave her a Killing Edge.

Functionally, Shamshir is supposed to be like a Wo Dao, but I don't think they would make them same.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Functionally, Shamshir is supposed to be like a Wo Dao, but I don't think they would make them same.

I wonder whether they will remember Marisa is left-handed. They did for Alm, but he's kind of a big thing.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She can't get this stance when she's a staff unit ayy lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

My heart just got critical Astra'd. On a double-attack.

Healing is everything!

Edited by Vaximillian

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, I've trained Oboro almost to level 40, without spending any SP yet, since her default set is kinda bad.

Do you plan on promoting her to 5*? Or is she already 5*?

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The main problem with things with mediocre Res is that most mages explode them without a special, so it's only the high res things that survive with or without (and the dragon line kills even the ones with high res).

I did some more number crunching, and Glimmer mostly only outdoes Draconic Aura when Nino's star level is low and her tome isn't a raven+. Past that the dragon line starts being better again.

Pity, but I guess Glimmer could be useful for a mage on a budget. Shame that's literally its only niche, when you're too poor to afford Draconic Aura.

ah yeah that's true. it might be useful if you needed Glimmer to one shot someone with lower to mediocre Res because they have DC to one shot you back (or you can't double them), and in a situation whereĀ Draconic Aura couldn't one shot them, but that sounds rare and far between.Ā 

sigh, indeed. i feel so bad for Glimmer, i got a little excited there at the thought it might be useful overall.