Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Did you know that you can't even choose Hinoka's shade of red for your avatar's hair color in Fates?  I wanted to give myself glorious red hair, but they don't even have any good shades of red to choose from.

/shrug

Another reason why Fates isn’t canon.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So Laslow is Soleil's mother?

I'm sure Soleil wouldn't find it too weird to have Laslow and Inigo as her parents. Although, maybe she's not a fan of having an alternate/past version of her dad being with her actual dad...

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Did you know that you can't even choose Hinoka's shade of red for your avatar's hair color in Fates?  I wanted to give myself glorious red hair, but they don't even have any good shades of red to choose from.

So Laslow is Soleil's mother?

That reminds me of how Severa can't get her glprious red canon hair colour in Awakening. The closest thing is marrying Robin or Gregor/Ricken who has a duller shade of red

actually Inigo and Gerome don't get their canon hair colours either. Pink hair Gerome in Heroes when? Also Mask Emblem!

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That reminds me of how Severa can't get her glprious red canon hair colour in Awakening. The closest thing is marrying Robin or Gregor/Ricken who has a duller shade of red

actually Inigo and Gerome don't get their canon hair colours either. Pink hair Gerome in Heroes when? Also Mask Emblem!

I guess they decided on pink of Soleil's canon hair color.  Before now, I've seen her depicted with Laslow Gray as often or even more often than Olivia Pink.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I guess they decided on pink of Soleil's canon hair color.  Before now, I've seen her depicted with Laslow Gray as often or even more often than Olivia Pink.

Yeah it makes sense. I was just having fun speculating in the Heroes context.

Mitama's canon hair colour is surprisingly pink, too. A bit of a surprise from Azama's daughter.

i wish we had Ophelia. Then you can run an entire generation team with Ophelia, Odin, Lissa and Marth. Chrom and Lucina can join, too. And I guess Caeda?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah it makes sense. I was just having fun speculating in the Heroes context.

Mitama's canon hair colour is surprisingly pink, too. A bit of a surprise from Azama's daughter.

i wish we had Ophelia. Then you can run an entire generation team with Ophelia, Odin, Lissa and Marth. Chrom and Lucina can join, too. And I guess Caeda?

If they add the Kanas, you could do successive generations of Lissa-Odin-Ophelia-Kana.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Then you can run an entire generation team with Ophelia, Odin, Lissa and Marth. Chrom and Lucina can join, too. And I guess Caeda?

What do you mean with “I guess”?

>:(

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, all of them in Japanese just say "It's [name]." or "It's [name]!", just with the implied meanings I'm mentioning based on their tone of voice.

Oh okay, i wasn't sure because I couldn't check right now.

actually which characters in Heroes refer to themselves in 3rd person in Japanese? That's usually a thing right?

@Vaximillian i never played Marth's games so I wasn't sure how they ended or if Caeda bore a child. 

I mean this is the game where Abel talks about loving Est and then I hear people hate Est for leaving Abel in the end. And then there's the unrequited love her sisters have.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian i never played Marth's games so I wasn't sure how they ended or if Caeda bore a child. 

Well, they did marry in the end, but I’ve never thought of a possibility of Caeda never having given birth. That would be tragic after all what they’ve been thorough… and probably to Kaga’s liking.

Speaking of tragic, @DefaultBeep.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Well, they did marry in the end, but I’ve never thought of a possibility of Caeda never having given birth. That would be tragic after all what they’ve been thorough… and probably to Kaga’s liking.

Speaking of tragic, @DefaultBeep.

Not only that, but that would mean that either Marth remarried later on, or he had an affair with someone else during their marriage. After all, it's confirmed that Chrom and Lucina are descendants of Marth... but are we sure that they're also descendants of Caeda?

brb gotta go write this fanfic now

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I supported Soleil with Fjorm for Arena tomorrow. She likes her girls cute after all~

I see that one status screen touch line of hers as hitting on the summoner. Clearly. I'd totally summoner support her, but I kind of need Tiki to have it for slaughtering Hectors and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Not only that, but that would mean that either Marth remarried later on, or he had an affair with someone else during their marriage.

Catria concubine of Marth confirmed?

@DefaultBeep @Vaximillian Caeda succumbed to the same terrible disease that took the lives of Lyn and Ninian known as canon-wife-syndrome.  After her death, Marth took Est as his bride.  Est was reluctant to leave her husband Abel, but knew it was her duty as a new subject of Emperor Marth.  Marth made her grow out her hair and dye it blue and referred to her as Caeda thereafter.  Abel suspected that Marth had taken his wife for his own, but did not speak up, for it was not his place to question his liege, and it would be treason.

No @Vaximillian, Catria getting Marth would make her happy.  Est needs to take the men that both her sisters want for herself.

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Catria concubine of Marth confirmed?

I knew I was on to something when I Supported those two in Heroes! But then, who would Caeda go to after learning about it...

Just now, Rezzy said:

@DefaultBeep @Vaximillian Caeda succumbed to the same terrible disease that took the lives of Lyn and Ninian known as canon-wife-syndrome.  After her death, Marth took Est as his bride.  Est was reluctant to leave her husband Abel, but knew it was her duty as a new subject of Emperor Marth.  Marth made her grow out her hair and referred to her as Caeda thereafter.  Abel suspected that Marth had taken his wife for his own, but did not speak up, for it was not his place to question his liege, and it would be treason.

No wonder Abel "failed" to find Est in his ending; she was there the whole time, but Abel could not speak of it, and neither could she. Perhaps Abel then got together with Palla, simply out of spite toward Est? If he must see his love with his king so often, then maybe he would want to give her a taste of his pain by forcing her to see him with her own sister.

@Vaximillian Heh, and I've gotten quite a good number of hinatas, such to the extent that I gave Fury to +10 lon'qu and lyn. And I got a Shiro dupe lol

Also, who's a good candidate for Windsweep? I want to use it from the TT joshua and was wondering if +spd Matthew would use it well, or is there a better option?

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Vaximillian Heh, and I've gotten quite a good number of hinatas, such to the extent that I gave Fury to +10 lon'qu and lyn. And I got a Shiro dupe lol

Also, who's a good candidate for Windsweep? I want to use it from the TT joshua and was wondering if +spd Matthew would use it well, or is there a better option?

I find the sweep skills underwhelming in general.  Preventing you from doubling and still getting doubled potentially yourself prevents you from securing many kills at all on player phase.

Edited by Rezzy

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Debuffers who rely on enemy phase to actually kill.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Joshua is better of passing Close Defense since that's pretty rare. In my opinion anyway although i guess it is a Sacred Seal.

if you really want Windsweep what about Jaffar? His buffed Deathly Dagger prevents magic followup, so Windsweep should stop bows and Daggers.

also i love how this Marth conspiracy is happening hours before the Love Voting Gauntlet

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

No @Vaximillian, Catria getting Marth would make her happy.  Est needs to take the men that both her sisters want for herself.

Naga damn my too kind heart.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Poor Calill...

Speaking of which, why in the name of Ashera was Ilyana 140-ish in CYL poll (on par with Fir!) and Calill 580-ish?

Do people prefer microskirt and casual pantyshots to first-class legs and immaculate style that much? Also Calill actually has personality!

Edited by Vaximillian

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see that one status screen touch line of hers as hitting on the summoner. Clearly. I'd totally summoner support her, but I kind of need Tiki to have it for slaughtering Hectors and whatnot.

I’d summoner support her too, but I have it on Genny currently because bias. 

If I wanted a more serious unit to summoner support, it would have to be one that can make use of all their stats. BST sticks like BK, Effie, and the Kindergarteners are better choices from a pure gameplay perspective in my opinion.

You should take off that hood! It hides your face, cutie!

O O F

Edited by MrSmokestack

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do people prefer microskirt and casual pantyshots to first-class legs and immaculate style that much? Also Calill actually has personality!

Ilyana looked gorgeous in Calill's dress, though.