Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

54 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. Okay. So that's 35 (speed boon)+2(yato initial effect refine)+5 (LaD)+2(support). Yeah that's 44. That's kinda underwhelming though it could be enough to prevent doubles. But I'm still uncertain of how Corrin will perform by himself as +2 to every one of his stats doesn't strike me as being impressive. I guess that's all that will persuade me not to refine Yato. Perhaps my mind will change after a few months

Considering it's Fury 1 without the HP penalty after combat? Plus stack on Fury 3 as his A-skill? He can be pretty good.

I didn't want L&D to take away from his bulk.

shot_2018-05-15_11-37-02.png

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

36 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Considering it's Fury 1 without the HP penalty after combat? Plus stack on Fury 3 as his A-skill? He can be pretty good.

Is there a reason why you took +Def -Atk over -HP or -Res? Even for bulk standards, 33 res isn't a whole lot.

Also Yato forge is Fury 2 without HP penalty, small correction.

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Is there a reason why you took +Def -Atk over -HP or -Res? Even for bulk standards, 33 res isn't a whole lot.

Also Yato forge is Fury 2 without HP penalty, small correction.

Right, right, and it was mainly because i never drew a +Atk or +Spd. Most of what I drew were -Spd. This was mostly built off pity-breakers with two that were promoted for merges. And any -Res I has were +HP.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Right, right, and it was mainly because i never drew a +Atk or +Spd. Most of what I drew were -Spd. This was mostly built off pity-breakers with two that were promoted for merges. And any -Res I has were +HP.

Ah, that explains it...

Ah yes Pity Breakers... great that Corrin isn't one anymore, but yeah, yeesh...

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah, that explains it...

Ah yes Pity Breakers... great that Corrin isn't one anymore, but yeah, yeesh...

Considering I pulled 10 Fanlivia on F!Grima's banner before I got her...yeah, Pity breakers. Another high merge I have from breakers is, ironically, Seliph and Julia who are both +7, followed by Faye and Seth at +6.

I'd consider promoting and refining my +atk -hp Corrin, since after thinking about it for a while his gimmick seems pretty fun provided you support him with the right unit. And he really doesn't seem too bad in his own right, especially after the free Fury 2 boost from Yato. I'm mainly holding off trying him out since I don't have a prime pair up partner for him to go with. I think he'd make a pretty insane duo with someone like Nowi, for instance. She'd become a god after his buffs and he'd mostly cover her weaknesses by killing greens.

Unfortunately I've never gotten a good Nowi to bother building, nor do I have any other tanky blues that I think would make a good match with him..

The lack of content for the moment makes me have that itch to build somebody just to have something new to mess with.

57 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Considering I pulled 10 Fanlivia on F!Grima's banner before I got her...yeah, Pity breakers. Another high merge I have from breakers is, ironically, Seliph and Julia who are both +7, followed by Faye and Seth at +6.

My Elincia is +7 from all the bad natures I got of her from Dauntless Crimeans, plus two pity breakers since.

I'm still not at +10 on anyone though...

My personal thoughts about Corrin:

His 45/34/34/30/26 neutral base stats with Yato's unique refine are no slouch, even if he doesn't really excel at anything in particular. The only downside is that he's effectively locked to a 16-Mt Silver Sword+.

He's stronger than Marth in singles combat (except against dragons) since Marth's 44/31/34/29/23 neutral stats with Falchion's unique refine are the same or worse than Corrin's in every stat with Corrin having a substantial 3-point lead over Marth in Atk.

As for a support partner, I'm personally leaning towards female Corrin... if I ever get around to building either of them with my dozens of other projects lying around.

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. Okay. So that's 35 (speed boon)+2(yato initial effect refine)+5 (LaD)+2(support). Yeah that's 44. That's kinda underwhelming though it could be enough to prevent doubles. But I'm still uncertain of how Corrin will perform by himself as +2 to every one of his stats doesn't strike me as being impressive. I guess that's all that will persuade me not to refine Yato. Perhaps my mind will change after a few months

35 with a Spd boon, 40 with L&D and his Yato has Darting Blow 2 effect, meaning it's +4. And how is 44 Spd underwhelming by any means? Let alone dropping it to "okay maybe they can prevent doubles"...hate that, lol. 44 Spd is only failing to double the actual speedsters in Ayra, Mia & Nino. He's preventing doubles from those, unless they're heavy merged with buffs. Standards Ayras run around with 43-47 Spd, and this is assuming they're going for +Spd (and, again, not heavily merged). This is also a Corrin before a +3 Seal and an Hone, which breaks into 50 (not assuming that because something like Heavy Blade > Moonbow is very good and garanteed).

Remember, this is a vanilla Corrin we're talking about. If we're considering merges, than he can also hold that sort of privilege...even a 4*+10 is somewhat realistic to expect, by now.

6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

wow holy fuck

Whenever you get the chance, give him Wrath and any one of Atk Smoke, Threaten Atk or Panic Ploy...hell, your Corrin might even be able to pull off Atk Ploy consistently.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It's pretty badass with buff stacking. Close Defense and an Hone takes you over 40...

8 minutes ago, Oz â™  said:

35 with a Spd boon, 40 with L&D and his Yato has Darting Blow 2 effect, meaning it's +4. And how is 44 Spd underwhelming by any means? Let alone dropping it to "okay maybe they can prevent doubles"...hate that, lol. 44 Spd is only failing to double the actual speedsters in Ayra, Mia & Nino. He's preventing doubles from those, unless they're heavy merged with buffs. Standards Ayras run around with 43-47 Spd, and this is assuming they're going for +Spd (and, again, not heavily merged). This is also a Corrin before a +3 Seal and an Hone, which breaks into 50 (not assuming that because something like Heavy Blade > Moonbow is very good and garanteed).

Remember, this is a vanilla Corrin we're talking about. If we're considering merges, than he can also hold that sort of privilege...even a 4*+10 is somewhat realistic to expect, by now.

Spd-stacked Amelia has 40 Spd at +0 merge. In general, you're fighting opponents at higher merge levels than you in the Arena, so you're losing out on even more of your Spd advantage.

The higher you get in the Arena, the more you'll start seeing dual Rallies instead of mobility skills, meaning enemies are expected to have +3 buffs most of the time, which will cut into the advantage you get from your own buffs.

The +2 Spd instead of +4 is from refined Yato, not unrefined Yato.

And you can always expect Ayra to be +Spd. And merges are a given in the Arena.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Spd-stacked Amelia has 40 Spd at +0 merge. In general, you're fighting opponents at higher merge levels than you in the Arena, so you're losing out on even more of your Spd advantage.

The higher you get in the Arena, the more you'll start seeing dual Rallies instead of mobility skills, meaning enemies are expected to have +3 buffs most of the time, which will cut into the advantage you get from your own buffs.

The +2 Spd instead of +4 is from refined Yato, not unrefined Yato.

And you can always expect Ayra to be +Spd. And merges are a given in the Arena.

People ought to start referring to score ranges rather than tiers. There's a pretty significant bridge from the 700 to, say, 730. Both co-existing in the same tier, too. I consistently rank 19 > 20 without staying in the latter, and I find myself performing well with my characters that hardly have any merges (which is somewhat recent to me). Specifically speaking of my Charlotte that I find doubles consistently in the 40-45 Spd range.

I think people overstimate Spd levels at bit, at least where I'm coming from. While it's plenty possible for Nowi to break the 40s, I hardly ever see that. In fact, 90% of the Nowis don't go over 35 Spd- ocassionally even failing to break into the 30s (and they're basically all merged). And it makes sense, in a way. It's even possible to get Boey's Spd to 40, but then that's not his most optimal build, is it? Same thing with certain characters.

@Bold: That's news to me. Does it stack with it's initial effect? If you happen to get an extra +Atk/Def off of it (assuming I'm reading right), that also gives him more value with Heavy Blade or an offensive bruiser.

1 hour ago, Oz â™  said:

wow holy fuck

Whenever you get the chance, give him Wrath and any one of Atk Smoke, Threaten Atk or Panic Ploy...hell, your Corrin might even be able to pull off Atk Ploy consistently.

With Nephenee sitting at +6, Corrin's not getting Wrath unless another unit comes out with it. Atk Smoke/Ploy? I can sacrifice an Oliver or Kaze. And I have a couple Fae i could use for Threaten Atk. I'll just have to play with the numbers later to see what works best.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

With Nephenee sitting at +6, Corrin's not getting Wrath unless another unit comes out with it. Atk Smoke/Ploy? I can sacrifice an Oliver or Kaze. And I have a couple Fae i could use for Threaten Atk. I'll just have to play with the numbers later to see what works best.

Don't get carried away by numbers. A Wrath Mia will have a lot better offense than one without it...but mass calculators don't take into account real matches. Mia with Desperation could potentially take out 3/4ths of a team out sheer sustainability. That's why I've been focusing on building my Charlotte on her +Def/-Atk nature, rather than empaphising on extra +2 Atk Spd that is L&D for only a bit more matchups in paper.

15 minutes ago, Oz â™  said:

Don't get carried away by numbers. A Wrath Mia will have a lot better offense than one without it...but mass calculators don't take into account real matches. Mia with Desperation could potentially take out 3/4ths of a team out sheer sustainability. That's why I've been focusing on building my Charlotte on her +Def/-Atk nature, rather than empaphising on extra +2 Atk Spd that is L&D for only a bit more matchups in paper.

Depends on the fodder available and what actually works. I'll probably grind up his SP at some point to play around with builds.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Depends on the fodder available and what actually works. I'll probably grind up his SP at some point to play around with builds.

I don't think that follows the context of what I said... :awesome:

19 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Joke is on the both of you, as Louise will clearly beat both of those guys and get in FEH first because waifu appeal. And do you want to know the sad part? I’m pretty sure IS actually follows that kind of logic based off of a good portion of their previous decisions.

Louise placed higher than both Erk and Rath in CYL2 so it wouldn't be surprising if she were added first. In fact, she came fifth among votable FE7 chars. Blame Mangs.

47 minutes ago, Oz â™  said:

A Wrath Mia will have a lot better offense than one without it...but mass calculators don't take into account real matches. Mia with Desperation could potentially take out 3/4ths of a team out sheer sustainability.

I normally test Desperation performance by setting the unit's starting HP to 1.

Wrath is also easy to account for on a mass simulator. If the unit is not running Killer/Slaying + Moonbow, I normally only care about first-round performance. If the unit is running Killer/Slaying + Moonbow, then I also do a 1-HP check with the Special fully charged to see single-hit performance.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I normally test Desperation performance by setting the unit's starting HP to 1.

Wrath is also easy to account for on a mass simulator. If the unit is not running Killer/Slaying + Moonbow, I normally only care about first-round performance. If the unit is running Killer/Slaying + Moonbow, then I also do a 1-HP check with the Special fully charged to see single-hit performance.

That's a more specific case, but I would understand. I tend to work on specials to go counter-triangle.

MONEYMONEY_0.png

From 0 to 100 50 real quick. :awesome:

12 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Hey, you should totally consider putting him in our compendium thread for +10 units. You'd be the first provider of a M!Corrin.

54 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Hey, you should totally consider putting him in our compendium thread for +10 units. You'd be the first provider of a M!Corrin.

I thought I already did? Or, i did in one compendium.

Edit: nvm, it was posted way back in this thread.

Edited by silverserpent

If you did then @Raven may have overlooked your Corrin? As it stands (if I am not actually blind) you are not on the list and he posted last Sunday that he updated it, so I dunno if you posted your unit somewhere else. Since no M!Corrins are on our list, you should definitely be added. :)

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@MonkeyCheez3K added him to the Compendium, plus my Fanlivia. Hm...perhaps I should support the two together for boosting shenanigans?

I don't think a dancer is a good candidate for the Yato boost, then again, everyone likes +4 on everything.

That Olivia is splendid and I'm sad I'll never +10 her fan alt, good additions to the list.