Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Yeah, I haven't used any of the tickets for the seasonal banner so with that, the other tickets and the free summons I will basically be doing twenty two free summons on Sunday. I wonder if I will get anything good out of it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Welp, I officially went over budget for the month. literally can't spend any orbs on anything else for the entire month. It's gonna be a strange exercise in discipline for the next 20 days. I hope the mythic banner will last until the beginning of the next month.

Huh. I was wondering if the Heron Cup was in the equivalent of August in Three Houses, but it looks like it's actually in December. They could certainly make it an August dancer banner, but it doesn't seem like the best fit, especially compared to going back to September.

Speaking of dancer banners, I wonder if Soleil will ever appear on one, since she's Olivia's granddaughter. We haven't really seen that end of the family connection come up in Heroes yet, so it could be fun to explore. Ophelia could show up alongside her to get in on it as well.

I got my 40 summons on the new banner and picked up Corrin along the way. Which of the remaining three is most worth having? As in, which is the one people are freaking out the most about power creep or whatever? Is it the infantry sword again? It's usually the infantry sword.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I got my 40 summons on the new banner and picked up Corrin along the way. Which of the remaining three is most worth having? As in, which is the one people are freaking out the most about power creep or whatever? Is it the infantry sword again? It's usually the infantry sword.

Lyon is certainly the most unique, but it depends on if the thing he does is something you're looking for. I got all three and I'm sure he's the one I'll be using the most, personally, since Ike and Julia are really good at what they do but also pretty much stick to stuff I didn't need more help doing.

On Gamepress, Lyon and Ike seem to be the ones fighting it out for the most recent page views, so that suggests they might be the two most popular.

Edited by Othin

Ike might be in an oversaturated unit type, but he's still super good and handy in AR. He's a big help so far. I did get +Spd on him and give him three merges and a few dragonflowers, but still, he's SO good.

EDIT: Yes, Fire Emblem Fan, you've mentioned that name drop before too. You really are a broken record on this.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Yes, Fire Emblem Fan, you've mentioned that name drop before too. You really are a broken record on this.

. . .was this really necessary?

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh. I was wondering if the Heron Cup was in the equivalent of August in Three Houses, but it looks like it's actually in December. They could certainly make it an August dancer banner, but it doesn't seem like the best fit, especially compared to going back to September.

I mean, Heroes just seems to slap on a dancer-themed banner in either August or September. It probably doesn't have to follow 3H's actual timings of events, I suppose?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I mean, Heroes just seems to slap on a dancer-themed banner in either August or September. It probably doesn't have to follow 3H's actual timings of events, I suppose?

Yeah, I was just wondering if it would give a reason for them to prefer August over September for a 3H dancer theme. The Heron Cup felt more like the September dancer events than the August one.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I was just wondering if it would give a reason for them to prefer August over September for a 3H dancer theme. The Heron Cup felt more like the September dancer events than the August one.

I suppose there might not be any reason aside from just choosing to alternate the months when the dancer banner arrives? Or if it is a Heron Cup theme with all 3H characters I guess they could also do it to line up with the all-3H CYL banner this year.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I suppose there might not be any reason aside from just choosing to alternate the months when the dancer banner arrives? Or if it is a Heron Cup theme with all 3H characters I guess they could also do it to line up with the all-3H CYL banner this year.

Hmm. The September banner would be right after that instead of right before (along with the likely 3H legendary), but having it before lines up better with the 3H anniversary.

The dancer banner is my last hope of Elphin getting in to FEH this year since I don't think a Binding Blade banner will happen again for a really long time.  I really don't want the dancer banner to be all from one game because that would bore me.  I like the seasonal banners that cover two or three games better then ones that only cover one game.  

On 5/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, Othin said:

I feel like they would have said "a" rather than "the" in that case. By now, both main banners for August have had their unit lineups locked in, probably months ago, so they know plenty well what will be happening there.

Could just be a typo or translation error - does anyone know if the Japanese version of the announcement has any different implications?

Japanese doesn't have definite and indefinite articles, and there is nothing else in context to imply one or the other.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japanese doesn't have definite and indefinite articles, and there is nothing else in context to imply one or the other.

Makes sense. Do you think it's probably just a guess from translators rather than actual info, then?

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Makes sense. Do you think it's probably just a guess from translators rather than actual info, then?

"The" is actually more ambiguous than "a" in this case in English, which is probably why they used "the".

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I like the seasonal banners that cover two or three games better then ones that only cover one game.  

That's one reason I like the dancer banner. They've all covered several games at once. But, I do also really like how the Valentine banners only cover one game (or continent) with a running theme; I guess that's the exception where I like one thing being represented.

23 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That's one reason I like the dancer banner. They've all covered several games at once. But, I do also really like how the Valentine banners only cover one game (or continent) with a running theme; I guess that's the exception where I like one thing being represented.

Now that you mention it, the Valentine's paralogues have all been character-driven in a way the others really haven't, focusing on relationships between characters who all know each other. That's interesting.

How many orbs might we be expected to get for the rest of the month? I know that average is usually 300 a month, but I wonder if anyone knows how many we might specifically get from here on out.

2 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

How many orbs might we be expected to get for the rest of the month? I know that average is usually 300 a month, but I wonder if anyone knows how many we might specifically get from here on out.

According to this reddit post we will be getting over 300 orbs between now and early June.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ghg9yq/estimate_of_upcoming_orbs_based_on_the_202005/

Edited by NSSKG151

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hello guys. I need your help about Forging Bonds. A glitchs occurred to me, that I am not getting any more friendship points in the current Forging Bonds event.

Did it happen to someone before?

Huh, this hasn't happened to me. I'd report it through the feedback feature.