Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Extrasolar said:

After a spell of pretty bad luck on pulls (was getting tons of Laslows, lots of Firs, some more Shannas, etc.)

I find that the best way to enjoy the pulls and the game in general is to celebrate your small victories. Especially because I can use all the Laslows as Hone Speed, Axebreaker fodder, and send the Shannas and Firs home for feathers.

I want your Shannas. Please give them to me, haha.

She's great Desperation fodder.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Thanks! :^_^:

Yeah, after a spell of pretty bad luck on pulls (was getting tons of Laslows, lots of Firs, some more Shannas, etc.), I've finally been getting pretty good units.

I find that the best way to enjoy the pulls and the game in general is to celebrate your small victories. Especially because I can use all the Laslows as Hone Speed, Axebreaker fodder, and send the Shannas and Firs home for feathers.

But shanna gets Desperation though............

Please tell me you still have at least one left over.......

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I want your Shannas. Please give them to me, haha.

She's great Desperation fodder.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

But shanna gets Desperation though............

Please tell me you still have at least one left over.......

ohshitwaitwhat

Shanna of all people gets Desperation?!

thank god I still have one sitting here o.o

Thanks for letting me know you guys. But who to slap Desperation on...

Edited by Extrasolar

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

ohshitwaitwhat

Fast units carrying brave weapons. Use a HP assist like Ardent Sacrifice and presto, you're on your way to 4x attacking everything without fearing a counter.

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

ohshitwaitwhat

In addition to what SmokeStack said:

Life and Death

Fury

Swift Sparrow

All of these are good with Desperation, but make sure it's on units who already have decent attack and good speed 

These quests were the easiest to me. I had high leveled Stahl, Cecilia and Subaki which were the ones needed to clear the highest difficulty quests. Ironically, the 5 orbs were the first ones to get because I did alfonse/sharena/anna/cecilia. I got sophia and niles and trained them.

Funny thing is, sophia was much more useful and easier to train than niles, with zero skills. Higher atk and more bulk, niles struggled even at doubling enemies. I'm just missing subaki's because I'm currently training spring camilla who got dragon fang from augmented sophia. Also, I got 5☆ raven yes.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Fast units carrying brave weapons. Use a HP assist like Ardent Sacrifice and presto, you're on your way to 4x attacking everything without fearing a counter.

That sounds diabolical. I love the idea already.

The Brave users I have at the moment are Klein, Gordin, Barst, and Draug. I'm assuming Barst is the top candidate for it, since I believe he has the best speed of the Brave users, other than Klein, but Klein being a bow puts him at a disadvantage due to his inability to counterattack at melee range. Is that about right?

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

The Brave users I have at the moment are Klein, Gordin, Barst, and Draug. I'm assuming Barst is the top candidate for it, since I believe he has the best speed of the Brave users, other than Klein, but Klein being a bow puts him at a disadvantage due to his inability to counterattack at melee range. Is that about right?

They don't necessarily need braves if they just have really baller atk, even. Like I run desperation on Nino because with Desperation up and like, one buff she can orko Ryoma who would otherwise just oneshot her with his counter. I also run it on Minerva and she hits hard enough to take down squishier swordlords. 

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

All of the units that get brave weapons are naturally slow, so you would need to pass their weapon onto a unit with a higher speed base. Of the available candidates for Brave Axe and Brave Bow, Anna and Setsuna are among the fastest, but you'll want a +Spd roll on Setsuna to get the most out of it.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Funny thing is, sophia was much more useful and easier to train than niles, with zero skills. Higher atk and more bulk, niles struggled even at doubling enemies. I'm just missing subaki's because I'm currently training spring camilla who got dragon fang from augmented sophia. Also, I got 5☆ raven yes.

Huh, I found Niles easier to train. Though that's because since he attacks from 2 range, I keep him behind units that won't kill his targets so he can finish them without taking damage. And I let him do mages all by himself because high res and speed.

Training them is basically

Cecilia: Gunter is broken

Stahl: Gunter is broken

Sophia: Olivia isn't balanced

Niles: Fuck this shit, thankfully Mystery Whitewings chapter is level 21 fliers, so.... Olivia lost her balance

Subaki: Find any map with swords. Slap Subaki on their face. EZ

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

I had the most fun training Subaki.

I just autoleveled him to 34 and dumped him in a sword stratum, where everyone did 0 damage and he one-rounded them back. But alas, time flies when you're having fun.

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

They don't necessarily need braves if they just have really baller atk, even. Like I run desperation on Nino because with Desperation up and like, one buff she can orko Ryoma who would otherwise just oneshot her with his counter. I also run it on Minerva and she hits hard enough to take down squishier swordlords. 

I could put it on my 4* Laslow, since he's already got a beefy attack stat, and his defensive stats aren't too shabby either. Seems like that could make him a great nuker, since I'm not crazy about Axebreaker on him anyway. And Noontime is there to heal his HP...even if it does take a bit too long to charge.

Or maybe... I'm thinking of running it on Jeorge, since I'd far prefer it over Seal Atk for a nuker like him.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

All of the units that get brave weapons are naturally slow, so you would need to pass their weapon onto a unit with a higher speed base. Of the available candidates for Brave Axe and Brave Bow, Anna and Setsuna are among the fastest, but you'll want a +Spd roll on Setsuna to get the most out of it.

I do have a Setsuna, but she's not +Spd. My Anna is still sitting at 2* since I haven't yet put in the effort to train her up. I've heard that she turns out pretty well, so once I stop being lazy and actually get down to business with her I might consider sticking a Brave Axe on her, haha.

Edited by Extrasolar

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Training them is basically

Cecilia: Gunter is broken

Stahl: Gunter is broken

Sophia: Olivia is the most overpowered unit in the game

Niles: Fuck this shit, thankfully Mystery Whitewings chapter is level 21 fliers, so.... Olivia again

So you double posted eh?

Spoiler

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR CALLING MY BABY GURL A DUDE! YOU SCRUB!!!!!!!!!!

I could put it on my 4* Laslow, since he's already got a beefy attack stat, and his defensive stats aren't too shabby either. Seems like that could make him a great nuker, since I'm not crazy about Axebreaker on him anyway. And Noontime is there to heal his HP...even if it does take a bit too long to charge.

Or maybe... I'm thinking of running it on Jeorge, since I'd far prefer it over Seal Atk for a nuker like him.

I do have a Setsuna, but she's not +Spd. My Anna is still sitting at 2* since I haven't yet put in the effort to train her up. I've heard that she turns out pretty well, so once I stop being lazy and actually get down to business with her I might consider sticking a Brave Axe on her, haha.

Got a hinata? Or a spare bunny Lucina?

Spoiler

Probably not but eh, worth a shot ;)

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Well, you want someone who's both fast and strong--they don't need to be great defensively because ardent sacrifice exists, but they need to be able to double a lot of people naturally to make the most of it. I used my Minerva and Nino as examples because with LoD3 on Minerva and LoD2 on Nino they're at [52/41] and [50/43] atk/spd respectively, which doubles a shitton of people for huge damage (especially Nino with Gronnblade+ buffs) Laslow is pretty slow, so he wouldn't benefit from it much. 

Hinata is a great source of Fury3, and Fury3 pairs great with Desperation because the health loss provides a safe way of getting into desperation range, as well as providing more atk and spd.

Edited by Thor Odinson

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Raven begs to differ.  Without that axe, he's really fast. . .like, slap Life and Death on him and he'll actually double things.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Got a nino? Or any type of fast sword user?

No Nino, but I have my precious 4* Lon'qu here for fast sword users. Also an Eirika, but I heard she works better support than a straight offensive unit.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Well, you want someone who's both fast and strong--they don't need to be great defensively because ardent sacrifice exists, but they need to be able to double a lot of people naturally to make the most of it.

Would my Lon'qu be a good candidate for it? Since Speed+ is redundant on such a fast guy anyway.

Just now, eclipse said:

Raven begs to differ.  Without that axe, he's really fast. . .like, slap Life and Death on him and he'll actually double things.

Nice catch, but she doesn't have Raven.

While we're at it, there's Draug too. His speed had me like, "Is this FE11? He's not a Hunter though."

12 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

No Nino, but I have my precious 4* Lon'qu here for fast sword users. Also an Eirika, but I heard she works better support than a straight offensive unit.

Would my Lon'qu be a good candidate for it? Since Speed+ is redundant on such a fast guy anyway.

What are Lon's bane and boon? If he's not minus speed, it's actually gonna start getting nasty.

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Lon'qu may not be a bad choice. His atk is a bit low on average, but that's what Fury is for.

if you got +atk Lon'qu, then I'm gonna go with a definitive yes.

Edited by Thor Odinson