Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Oboro is awesome! She was the first I made a 5* and the one I passed more skills. She has saved me of a lot in the arena, even killing some Hectors and MRobins to ensure my wins, also in Fates, she did a lot. This is mine right now, I would like to make her better

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oobhjcXMLX1rql8cco1_1280.png

Can I ask what make Heavy Weapons bad? I know about not too much enemies in which to use in arena (mostly Hectors I think), but aside of that, what make them really bad? I'm going to need a 5 Stars character if I really decide to give her a Brave Lance for the + weapon

I already have Niles, Cecilia and Subaki as 4 stars, so yeah the 3* probably will become skills fodder or feathers. Gonna keep Stalh and Sofia

Armor slayer, heavy lance, and hammer all lose might because of armored unit effectiveness.

Armored units aren't too prevalent in arena so the lost might and effect make them borderline useless. The best thing to do to units who have armor weapons is to deck them out with better ones instead

Like Oboro, Cherche, and Selena! (Among others)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wait wait wait, am I reading this right? It goes Hp/Atk/Spd/Def/Res?

SIXTY-TWO ATTACK? That's what you think it is? Too bad t-adept M robin still takes like 7 or 8 damage (No, I'm not rounding up or down because I already know what's gonna happen). And, if my calculations are correct, does 31 damage to Zephie?

Psh, you must be jokes.

Oh no, it'll be the mooks that get Robin.

And yes, that's 62 Atk. 35 base, +5 from Life and Death 3, +16 from Eckesachs, +6 from Hone Armor.

Judging from the fact that both Michalis and Navarre received an additional +1 to several of their stats, Zephiel might also get the same treatment. Note that Zephiel needs only +1 HP or +1 Res to avoid a one-round kill from unboosted +Atk Death Blow 3 Reinhardt assuming he as a Fortify Armor buffer next to him.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

On another note, is anyone else using all these units from seal quests we're getting for free as skills fodder? 

I already had at least one of all of the non-Niles ones, so aside from him, they're all going into the non-favorited pool to draw from whenever I need skills.

Sophia in particular. I already had one 3* of her in the low 20s, mostly from using her a bit in the main story forever ago, then I got the one from the quest, then while I was doing a bunch of summons today, I got two 3* Sophias plus my first 4* one. So now I have five of her, but at least now I have a 4* of her for collection purposes without needing to spend feathers. (I also remember getting rid of the two Hero Battle Sophias one way or another, and I'm pretty sure I already had a couple more 3* ones as well that I got rid of previously.)

44 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Is Spring Camilla worth training? I got two of them somehow and one of them is +Atk -Res. I forgot to check the other one before I leveled her up... Whoops. Her weapon seems to have low Mt though

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Unless you have a perfect Nino/Cecilia on a cavalry team, Camilla is a hell of a tome unit.  With -raven, she takes hilariously low damage from arrows.  With -blade, she can take advantage of Hone/Ward Fliers for crazy numbers.  Even with her default weapon, she should destroy most blue units with ease.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Unless you have a perfect Nino/Cecilia on a cavalry team, Camilla is a hell of a tome unit.  With -raven, she takes hilariously low damage from arrows.  With -blade, she can take advantage of Hone/Ward Fliers for crazy numbers.  Even with her default weapon, she should destroy most blue units with ease.

Thanks! I have 4* Palla and 5* Caeda. Maybe I'll add Spring Camilla to my flier team in the future :) maybe she can replace my regular Camilla...

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Armor slayer, heavy lance, and hammer all lose might because of armored unit effectiveness.

Armored units aren't too prevalent in arena so the lost might and effect make them borderline useless. The best thing to do to units who have armor weapons is to deck them out with better ones instead

Like Oboro, Cherche, and Selena! (Among others)

"Armored units aren't too prevalent in Arena"

You...you're joking, right? There's been a bare minimum of 1-2 armored units in every match for the past month or so.

I mean, I completely agree that armorslayer weapons aren't worth it because it's better to have a weapon/skillset that gets more mileage out of killing all unit types (and you generally don't need an armorslayer weapon to take down armored units, so the niche isn't even necessary), but like...

I really don't think you can say armored units aren't prevalent in Arena when they're FAR more prevalent than flying units, cavalry units, healers, thieves, and archers. 

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh no, it'll be the mooks that get Robin.

And yes, that's 62 Atk. 35 base, +5 from Life and Death 3, +16 from Eckesachs, +6 from Hone Armor.

Judging from the fact that both Michalis and Navarre received an additional +1 to several of their stats, Zephiel might also get the same treatment. Note that Zephiel needs only +1 HP or +1 Res to avoid a one-round kill from unboosted +Atk Death Blow 3 Reinhardt assuming he as a Fortify Armor buffer next to him.

Lemme get one thing clear, I see where you're coming from. Any random ax dude can be smote into position and Wipe my Robin out of existence.

But check this out:Screenshot_2017-04-12-19-22-07-1.thumb.png.503ebfce2ddef35e7d6f377e2d22c079.png

Spoiler

This is mainly to show my fully decked out Lyn ;)

Spoiler

Astra is a work in progress lol

Lyn's spur speed will make Robin double Zeph, since breaker and Wary cancel, and then to avoid the scrubs, we got a clean reposition for any type of snags.

And if Zephiel gets shoved or smitten to Lyn? She lives a hit (62-23 = 39). And Robin just smacks up Zephie next turn.

Though, this is assuming there are no archers, healers, mages, or daggers. I want to look at the map that this is based on to see........

Edit: @MaskedAmpharos Maybe you see a lot but I don't! Remember BSTs and whatnot. Hector is like a guest appearance to me and Effie is like a long lost relative. I don't really see too many armored units all the way down here.

Like I always say, your arena and my arena are 2 different things!

Spoiler

I don't always say that but, you get the point.

Edited by Arcanite

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lemme get one thing clear, I see where you're coming from. Any random ax dude can be smote into position and Wipe my Robin out of existence.

But check this out:Screenshot_2017-04-12-19-22-07-1.thumb.png.503ebfce2ddef35e7d6f377e2d22c079.png

Reveal hidden contents

This is mainly to show my fully decked out Lyn ;)

Reveal hidden contents

Astra is a work in progress lol

Lyn's spur speed will make Robin double Zeph, since breaker and Wary cancel, and then to avoid the scrubs, we got a clean reposition for any type of snags.

And if Zephiel gets shoved or smitten to Lyn? She lives a hit (62-23 = 39). And Robin just smacks up Zephie next turn.

Though, this is assuming there are no archers, healers, mages, or daggers. I want to look at the map that this is based on to see........

Edit: @MaskedAmpharos Maybe you see a lot but I don't! Remember BSTs and whatnot. Hector is like a guest appearance to me and Effie is like a long lost relative. I don't really see too many armored units all the way down here.

Like I always say, your arena and my arena are 2 different things!

Reveal hidden contents

I don't always say that but, you get the point.

Looks like you will be fine against him then. I gotta say I'm kind of jealous, I think I'm going to have to do something crazy again to beat him.

Do you not run into Hectors after the update or just no Hectors period? For the past few weeks I've gotten Hectors in (roughly) 6 out of 7 matches in my streaks.

Just now, immatx said:

Looks like you will be fine against him then. I gotta say I'm kind of jealous, I think I'm going to have to do something crazy again to beat him.

Do you not run into Hectors after the update or just no Hectors period? For the past few weeks I've gotten Hectors in (roughly) 6 out of 7 matches in my streaks.

I ran into one of them, this time out of my 7 matches after the update.

Before that it would be, like I said, a guest appearance.

1 hour ago, GinRei said:

If he has this stat spread... he might be the first GHB that doesn't get beaten by that 3-star Japanese guy.  Ursula's been the only free blue mage (and she doesn't double him), and I don't think female Corrin would be able to survive the counter attack.

Hopefully this doesn't end up requiring a blade tome or Heavy Spear+ to clear.

Did the math out of curiosity, and assuming @Ice Dragon's estimated stats it could very well still be doable.

Vs. 3* Sapphire Lance Subaki, Zephiel does 7 damage. 7. The absolute max he can do is with the 20 bonus damage he would get from 1HP Reprisal (for 27), so he doesn't even KO him, like ever. You could have a healer sit behind Subaki on the choke and spam Rehabilitate / Recover while he does 3x2 (needs a Spd buff if not +Spd to double through Wary Fighter with Quick Riposte) to Zephiel ad infinitum until he dies. Zephiel's movement works against him here, as his teammates are likely to reach yours long before he does. Strategize accordingly.

Edited by MrSmokestack

It sounds like an unmentioned but appropriate aspect of the arena change was accounting for movement type, so armored units get counted on the same level as infantry units with about 10 less BST and cavalry units get counted on the same level as infantry units with about 10 more. So armors being overrepresented and cavalry being underrepresented shouldn't be as much of a thing anymore.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Did the math out of curiosity, and assuming @Ice Dragon's estimated stats it could very well still be doable.

Vs. 3* Sapphire Lance Subaki, Zephiel does 7 damage. 7. The absolute max he can do is with the 20 bonus damage he would get from 1HP Reprisal (for 27), so he doesn't even KO him, like ever. You could have a healer sit behind Subaki on the choke and spam Rehabilitate / Recover while he does 3x2 (needs a Spd buff if not +Spd to double through Wary Fighter with Quick Riposte) to Zephiel ad infinitum until he dies. Zephiel's movement works against him here, as his teammates are likely to reach yours long before he does. Strategize accordingly.

Since I haven't done the math yet, did you remember to account for Eckesachs's innate Threaten Def 2?

Also, my estimated stats assume 2 of Zephiel's mooks are armors, so they likely won't have rushed ahead.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

It sounds like an unmentioned but appropriate aspect of the arena change was accounting for movement type, so armored units get counted on the same level as infantry units with about 10 less BST and cavalry units get counted on the same level as infantry units with about 10 more. So armors being overrepresented and cavalry being underrepresented shouldn't be as much of a thing anymore.

If I'm reading the post on reddit where this was mentioned correctly, it's not actually confirmed yet. But I say props to the devs if it does, since it promotes more variety in teambuilding.

EDIT: @Ice Dragon With the Threaten debuff, Subaki still survives with 5 HP, so Rehabilitate will likely be preferred over Recover then.

Forgot to account for the movement of the other armors, though there were only 2 Generals max in FE6 Ch. 22. Though the Michalis map sets a precedent, there isn't any way of telling whether GHB Zephiel will also be accompanied by them. Although it's still good to check his stats after buffs regardless since it solidifies that Zephiel barely scratches Subaki.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If I'm reading the post on reddit where this was mentioned correctly, it's not actually confirmed yet. But I say props to the devs if it does, since it promotes more variety in teambuilding.

The Reddit post was what I was going off of, so if it's not confirmed yet, I do hope it gets confirmed. It's something I'd been hoping for, and I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned.

I've finally joined the Nino army! I think that was 20k feathers well spent. Spent another 2k feathers to promote Hinata to give Nino Fury 3. My first SI! Never knew cannibalizing units was so satisfying. 

Just now, Kiran said:

I've finally joined the Nino army! I think that was 20k feathers well spent. Spent another 2k feathers to promote Hinata to give Nino Fury 3. My first SI! Never knew cannibalizing units was so satisfying. 

Heh heh heh

What's her bane and boon?

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Gah, beat me to it. My Nino is 4-star level 38 still.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Heh heh heh

What's her bane and boon?

A beautifully bred +Spd/-Res. The only thing I'm missing now is Desperation. Unfortunately I don't have a single Shanna. But soon my cinnamon roll, I'll have you all decked out.  

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Again, what's her bane and boon?

Also, life and death or fury? 

[+Spd, -Def].

I have a [+Atk, -Def] on the bench if I ever feel like switching, though.

Once I get another Hana, I'll be passing her Life and Death. You don't need bulk when everything around you is dead.

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

A beautifully bred +Spd/-Res. The only thing I'm missing now is Desperation. Unfortunately I don't have a single Shanna. But soon my cinnamon roll, I'll have you all decked out.  

Heh heh welcome to the dark side my friend.

We have been expecting you...........

@Ice Dragon but fury also automatically puts her into Desperation with 2 hits. And -Def lives a hit from Takumi with Fury as well, which has definitely made for some clutch plays for me.

Even so, life and death is still just as (if not, more) busted 

Soon you will join the dark side as well

Edited by Arcanite

I think I just want to give Moonbow to everybody.

Slow Units: I'll need that quick tick Special, because they'll never get the 5 tick to activate.

Fast Units: If they double, I can get this to activate on counterattack.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Slow Units: I'll need that quick tick Special, because they'll never get the 5 tick to activate.

Nah, it's a little overrated. I can do calcs but Moonbow is not for everyone

In fact, it has even come into discussion among the other strategists heh

Edited by Arcanite

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh heh welcome to the dark side my friend.

We have been expecting you...........

@Ice Dragon but fury also automatically puts her into Desperation with 2 hits. And -Def lives a hit from Takumi with Fury as well, which has definitely made for some clutch plays for me.

Even so, life and death is still just as (if not, more) busted 

Soon you will join the dark side as well

But Ardent Sacrifice activates Desperation with only one use.

I don't need Nino to survive Takumi because Robin (and eventually Sophia) will do it for her. Teammates are a wonderful thing.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For slow units, it depends on how slow and what other skills they're using. Sophia, for example, can take double attacks from enemy green units for days, then retaliates with Dragon Fang, which can help her eliminate red and blue units.

A Killer weapon and Quick Riposte (or Weaponbreaker) will activate Bonfire or Iceberg on the follow-up attack. Moonbow activates on the exact same attack due to the order of combat.

A slow unit with a Killer weapon and Quick Riposte (but not Weaponbreaker) will activate Ignis or Glacies on the follow-up attack, which usually out-damages two activations of Moonbow (80% of your Def/Res versus 60% of your opponent's Def/Res).

Fast units can opt to spend 3 hits in one round of combat, then hit a different unit on the next round with a fully charged Bonfire, Iceberg, or Draconic Aura.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nah, it's a little overrated. I can do calcs but Moonbow is not for everyone

In fact, it has even come into discussion among the other strategists heh

I'm trying to decide what to give Cecilia.