Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I, uh, hate to break it to you, but most mages are fast enough to double him. You might not have run into many besides Nino and Linde, but they're out there. Just in general though, you don't want Frederick tanking mages at all, but I'm sure you know that already. 

Also, I agree with what others have said about using Robin over Azura (even though Azura is great) because not having ranged/magic damage makes things a lot harder for you. 

If you're proficient enough at using dancers, then you can get away with using all-melee teams by utilizing Azura to grant your melee units the range to rush down mages from outside of their range, but it takes some practice.

Also, 670 is a pretty decent score range. Assuming a deathless run that gets you to almost 4.7k, which is a pretty decent score (though, of course, that's assuming deathless, and it doesn't sound like that's happening any time soon). 

You have a very solid set of units though, especially Ike, Azura, and Klein, who are all considered high tier units, so if you get better at positioning and playing around with them, I'm sure you'll be able to slowly improve your performance in Arena as well.

Not the mages I see in the arena though. The mages I most commonly see there are Julia and male Robin, who are both slow pokes. Nino and Linde are occasional. And yes, I know that already.

I've been working Azura up to be a staple though. I'm not going to just drop her...

If I can win seven advanced matches, sure... But that's never even come close to happening...

I would say Klein is the best pull I ever got, yeah. I mean 5 star long after his focus ended and when Faye's focus was a thing? Yeah.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Okay, that should be fine then. What about skills? On them and the others.

Alright, but I'm not giving them any other skills aside from better versions of what they already have (such as Threaten Spd 3 instead of Threaten Spd 2 for Ike).

Ike: Aether, Reposition, Heavy Blade 3, Swordbreaker 3, Threaten Spd 2 (working on Threaten Spd 3), Speed +1 Seal

Frederick: Bonfire, Reposition, Armored Blow 2 (I don't think anyone gets Armored Blow 3 at 4 star), Axebreaker 3, Fortify Def 3, Attack +1 Seal

Klein: Glacies, Reposition, Death Blow 3, Quick Reposte 3 (working on giving him Spur Atk though)

Azura: Dragon Fang, Sing, Speed +3, Blue Tomebreaker 2 (don't have a spare 4 star female Robin for the third one yet), Fortify Res 3

Ephraim: Moonbow, Fury 2, Seal Def 2, Threaten Def 3 (he's a work in progress, going to replace Seal Def with Quick Reposte once I get a spare Subaki or something)

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

How well is Reposition working out for you? I've found other movement skills like Swap, Pivot, and Draw Back to usually be easier to use.

Have you inherited any skills onto Sharena?

What specific enemies tend to give you trouble?

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

How well is Reposition working out for you? I've found other movement skills like Swap, Pivot, and Draw Back to usually be easier to use.

Have you inherited any skills onto Sharena?

What specific enemies tend to give you trouble?

It works out okay. And I originally was going to put Swap on Klein, but someone else said Reposition was better. And I got more Resposition fodder than those other skills. I never got anybody with Draw Back or Pivot except Marth.

Oh, forgot about Sharena, sorry.

Sharena: Glimmer, Rally Attack, Speed +3, Fortify Def 2

Pretty much anything tends to give me trouble, but I'd say dragons give me the most unless I use Marth. I don't actually see them much though.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot that I put Draw Back on male Robin awhile back.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would say Klein is the best pull I ever got, yeah. I mean 5 star long after his focus ended and when Faye's focus was a thing? Yeah.

I also got a Klein when he wasn't a focus hero. He is great. Got the +atk -spd Boon/Bane which is the best imo.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick: Bonfire, Reposition, Armored Blow 2, Axebreaker 3, Fortify Def 3, Attack +1 Seal

Klein: Glacies, Reposition, Death Blow 3, Quick Reposte 3 (working on giving him Spur Atk though)

Klein wants the Attack +1 seal more than Frederick. It's effectiveness is double due to his Brave bow.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think reposition is the best overall but drawback and swap are better in certain scenarios. For instance @Anacybele you might want swap on Ike instead of reposition

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I also got a Klein when he wasn't a focus hero. He is great. Got the +atk -spd Boon/Bane which is the best imo.

Klein wants the Attack +1 seal more than Frederick. It's effectiveness is double due to his Brave bow.

I think reposition is the best overall but drawback and swap are better in certain scenarios. For instance @Anacybele you might want swap on Ike instead of reposition

Yeah, Klein is pretty great, though mine is -res like many of my units... It's my curse (though only one of my 5 stars is -res. The -res is on many of my other units instead). +HP also seems to be a bit of a "curse" for my 5 stars though, because like half the 5 stars I got are +HP. Ephraim, Ike, Azura, and Klein all are this boon. :P

I don't have anymore Swap fodder though, like I said.

I wanted to put a seal on Freddy, but I guess that'll wait until more seals come out if Klein can use that Attack one better.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It works out okay. And I originally was going to put Swap on Klein, but someone else said Reposition was better. And I got more Resposition fodder than those other skills. I never got anybody with Draw Back or Pivot except Marth.

Oh, forgot about Sharena, sorry.

Sharena: Glimmer, Rally Attack, Speed +3, Fortify Def 2

Pretty much anything tends to give me trouble, but I'd say dragons give me the most unless I use Marth. I don't actually see them much though.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot that I put Draw Back on male Robin awhile back.

Hmm, okay. Dragons do sound like something your team would have difficulty with; I'm not sure what to suggest for that. What do you encounter frequently?

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm, okay. Dragons do sound like something your team would have difficulty with; I'm not sure what to suggest for that. What do you encounter frequently?

Most frequently? Sword lords. And regular Camilla (I'm so sick of seeing her everywhere in this game. Focuses, battle gauntlet (she was my team's opponent every round), now this...). Which theoretically Ike and Azura should wreck hard. But they always seem to come with a mage or dragon or two.

But my units still seem to be weaker than other exact same units. Like I ran into an Ike for the first time, but he was stronger than mine. Not fair... My male Robin is also always weaker than other male Robins, but maybe I'm running into a lot of 5 star ones...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Most frequently? Sword lords. And regular Camilla (I'm so sick of seeing her everywhere in this game. Focuses, battle gauntlet (she was my team's opponent every round), now this...). Which theoretically Ike and Azura should wreck hard. But they always seem to come with a mage or dragon or two.

But my units still seem to be weaker than other exact same units. Like I ran into an Ike for the first time, but he was stronger than mine. Not fair... My male Robin is also always weaker than other male Robins, but maybe I'm running into a lot of 5 star ones...

On advanced, you'll face enemies stronger than your own, which at max level/rarity tends to mean merges. Have you checked to see if the enemies have a "+" next to their level to show them being merged? You can also check their exact number of merges by going to their info screen.

You said Julia and m!Robin were the most common mages you face. How does Ike do against Julia? He seems like he should do good damage on the counter and could finish her off on the enemy phase, unless he gets doubled. For m!Robin, the best thing I can think of is having Frederick wait outside of his range, then rush in and hit him with Azura ready to refresh him so he can attack again for a finishing blow. Have you tried something like that? It certainly depends on other enemies around, though.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

On advanced, you'll face enemies stronger than your own, which at max level/rarity tends to mean merges. Have you checked to see if the enemies have a "+" next to their level to show them being merged? You can also check their exact number of merges by going to their info screen.

You said Julia and m!Robin were the most common mages you face. How does Ike do against Julia? He seems like he should do good damage on the counter and could finish her off on the enemy phase, unless he gets doubled. For m!Robin, the best thing I can think of is having Frederick wait outside of his range, then rush in and hit him with Azura ready to refresh him so he can attack again for a finishing blow. Have you tried something like that? It certainly depends on other enemies around, though.

No, I didn't check that, actually. I probably should.

Ike one-rounds Julia and can tank a hit from her too. And technically, I try to do exactly what you're saying, but positioning of the enemies usually prevents it. They use unpredictable positioning all the time.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I didn't check that, actually. I probably should.

Ike one-rounds Julia and can tank a hit from her too. And technically, I try to do exactly what you're saying, but positioning of the enemies usually prevents it. They use unpredictable positioning all the time.

Yeah, enemy positioning can be an issue especially when you're having to fight ranged enemies with melee ones.

Is m!Robin your main problem among enemy mages? The only other ones you mentioned were the occasional Nino and Linde. Nino seems like a more dangerous Julia but presumably still possible for Ike to OHKO, while Linde is like a more powerful but also more fragile m!Robin for your team: very hard to take a hit from, but Frederick and possibly even Azura seem like they should be able to one-round her. Does that all sound right?

@Anacybele When I build an arena team, the main thing I worry about is coverage. Ice Dragon can afford to run defensive coverage, that is, units that take basically 0 damage while either 1 rounding or 2 rounding back, but I don't really have the skills or units for that (yet). So instead I have offensive coverage: Cordelia's numbers are amazing, and Lucina's numbers are amazing, but the important fact is that, combined, they 1 round basically every single unit in the game. (Multiple Merge -Blade Tome Spring Camilla with Close Counter and Vantage and full flier buffs gave me issues, since she one shots Lucina before she could double for lethal, but usually I have Klein to take care of S!Camilla---not this season because the hole Navarre made in the team is too big, he can't even come close to filling Lucina's shoes, unlike Karel, so I couldn't take Lucina or Cordelia off for Klein.)

So with Cordelia and Lucina as the base, I add a dancer and a bonus unit. Dancer let's the better one of Cordelia or Lucina go twice in one turn (or just act as a superior draw-back\reposition\swap), and has great synergy with Galeforce.

The problem with your team, as you've said, is that none of them one-round people, while often getting 1 rounded in return. This means that there's something wrong with your coverage---you need to either run more specialized units with defensive coverage, Sophia with T-Adept and Raven tome, or more glass-cannons with offensive coverage---L&D Brave user with 33/33 or better offenses. Assist skills let you keep the glass-cannon safe, and dance and your other units let you punch a fatal hole in a team before they can do the same to you. (Getting 1 rounded is normal, incidentally, even the tankiest units get one rounded by the more dangerous sweepers.)

Unfortunately, the offensive style is really unforgiving when it comes to positioning, since your units are basically always in 1RKO range, so if your positioning isn't perfect things get hard. (Cordelia and Lucina can't tank more than 1 single hit, no matter what color.) Defensive coverage solves that problem by abusing the AI quirk of: Always run in and attack before everything else. If you can 1RKO on the defense, then things like dancers can't mess you up, since the unit that would've been danced suicides on your unit.

19 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

@Anacybele When I build an arena team, the main thing I worry about is coverage. Ice Dragon can afford to run defensive coverage, that is, units that take basically 0 damage while either 1 rounding or 2 rounding back, but I don't really have the skills or units for that (yet). So instead I have offensive coverage: Cordelia's numbers are amazing, and Lucina's numbers are amazing, but the important fact is that, combined, they 1 round basically every single unit in the game. (Multiple Merge -Blade Tome Spring Camilla with Close Counter and Vantage and full flier buffs gave me issues, since she one shots Lucina before she could double for lethal, but usually I have Klein to take care of S!Camilla---not this season because the hole Navarre made in the team is too big, he can't even come close to filling Lucina's shoes, unlike Karel, so I couldn't take Lucina or Cordelia off for Klein.)

So with Cordelia and Lucina as the base, I add a dancer and a bonus unit. Dancer let's the better one of Cordelia or Lucina go twice in one turn (or just act as a superior draw-back\reposition\swap), and has great synergy with Galeforce.

The problem with your team, as you've said, is that none of them one-round people, while often getting 1 rounded in return. This means that there's something wrong with your coverage---you need to either run more specialized units with defensive coverage, Sophia with T-Adept and Raven tome, or more glass-cannons with offensive coverage---L&D Brave user with 33/33 or better offenses. Assist skills let you keep the glass-cannon safe, and dance and your other units let you punch a fatal hole in a team before they can do the same to you. (Getting 1 rounded is normal, incidentally, even the tankiest units get one rounded by the more dangerous sweepers.)

Unfortunately, the offensive style is really unforgiving when it comes to positioning, since your units are basically always in 1RKO range, so if your positioning isn't perfect things get hard. (Cordelia and Lucina can't tank more than 1 single hit, no matter what color.) Defensive coverage solves that problem by abusing the AI quirk of: Always run in and attack before everything else. If you can 1RKO on the defense, then things like dancers can't mess you up, since the unit that would've been danced suicides on your unit.

I don't have Cordelia or Lucina or Spring Camilla and I would never use the latter two anyway.

My units don't get one-rounded, I didn't mean that. I mean that they get killed before they can finish off the enemy. My Ike goes after, say, a green, but doesn't kill them, so that green takes out Azura or Sharena.

The AI does run in and attack, but the problem is, they get into attack range before I can get my units there.

My Est project has reached 5*.  I'll probably switch the B Skill and maybe the assist skill, as well as a better weapon, but she's got tons of SP to work with.

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-04-29-14-02-

Edited by Rezzy

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Cordelia or Lucina or Spring Camilla and I would never use the latter two anyway.

My units don't get one-rounded, I didn't mean that. I mean that they get killed before they can finish off the enemy. My Ike goes after, say, a green, but doesn't kill them, so that green takes out Azura or Sharena.

The AI does run in and attack, but the problem is, they get into attack range before I can get my units there.

I used Cordelia and Lucina as examples, Hana, Raven, Peri, Linde, Nino, Ogma, etc. etc. all have 33/33 or better offenses.

Ike doesn't have all that great coverage on the offense is his main problem. Defense with QR, he's fine, but on offense his middling speed really hurts him---since he doesn't want to run Brave Sword or L&D.

This is still an coverage issue, incidentally.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick: Bonfire, Reposition, Armored Blow 2 (I don't think anyone gets Armored Blow 3 at 4 star), Axebreaker 3, Fortify Def 3, Attack +1 Seal

Just for reference, Catria maxes Armored Blow as a 4 star. She is the only who currently does though.

What B skills are good for (+Spd, -Res) Julia? I've given mine Draw Back, Darting Blow 2, and Spur Atk 2 already, but I'm not sure about a B skill.

I'm thinking of adding her to my Marth/Sharena/Hector arena team for the remainder of the week, since I have a relatively open spot. I've been using Priscilla, who's been useful for extending Hector's longevity, but Julia could also be helpful for dealing with some of the same colorless and magic enemies Hector can take but at large HP costs. Bowbreaker and G Tomebreaker could help with that, but I'm not sure how relevant they would be and I've been thinking about giving the G Tomebreaker to Hector instead (over Escape Route) so he can deal with Nino more easily.

Vantage is pretty good in general, so maybe that? Although I'm not sure how good it is on a ranged attacker. Julia already inherited Ardent Sacrifice, so I could have her learn that for healer duties, which would go well with Vantage.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

What B skills are good for (+Spd, -Res) Julia? I've given mine Draw Back, Darting Blow 2, and Spur Atk 2 already, but I'm not sure about a B skill.

I'm thinking of adding her to my Marth/Sharena/Hector arena team for the remainder of the week, since I have a relatively open spot. I've been using Priscilla, who's been useful for extending Hector's longevity, but Julia could also be helpful for dealing with some of the same colorless and magic enemies Hector can take but at large HP costs. Bowbreaker and G Tomebreaker could help with that, but I'm not sure how relevant they would be and I've been thinking about giving the G Tomebreaker to Hector instead (over Escape Route) so he can deal with Nino more easily.

Vantage is pretty good in general, so maybe that? Although I'm not sure how good it is on a ranged attacker. Julia already inherited Ardent Sacrifice, so I could have her learn that for healer duties, which would go well with Vantage.

My Julia has Quick Riposte, mine isn't -Res, but -Spd, but it helped her in taking out enemy mages, like Reinhardt and Linde.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Green Tome Breaker to help deal with Nino and other Julias? Wing of Mercy/Escape Route are also always nice to warp around and surprise in Defensive Teams. Wing of Mercy/Breath of Life can be a neat little combo, I guess.

Edited by salinea

44 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Est project has reached 5*.  I'll probably switch the B Skill and maybe the assist skill, as well as a better weapon, but she's got tons of SP to work with.

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-04-29-14-02-

What

The

Flip

I'm sure Est appreciates your devotion XD

Soon my Oboro is gonna look like that hee hee hee