Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I might give that a shot in the future. I'd be more comfortable with that if I had something like, 5* Tiki, and I don't have a good Shuriken user either.

So far, I've kept every single unit I've pulled.  What I want to do is to figure out each unit's specialty.  From there, I can construct teams based on the situation.  It's really time-intensive, but I think it'll work.  I don't know who you have (nor can i really comment on most of the units in the game), but see if something like that will help you figure out how to make your team, even if it means sacrificing a color.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So far, I've kept every single unit I've pulled.  What I want to do is to figure out each unit's specialty.  From there, I can construct teams based on the situation.  It's really time-intensive, but I think it'll work.  I don't know who you have (nor can i really comment on most of the units in the game), but see if something like that will help you figure out how to make your team, even if it means sacrificing a color.

I've only sent home doubles so far.  I've kept at least one of the ones I've pulled, even Nowi.

I realized how much better a 5* Roy would be than the 4* I'm using.  4* can't get Binding Blade, which would make him much better, with +5 Might and +2 Def and Res on Enemy Phase.

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I've been keeping everything as well, but I've mostly been rolling with just one team. Looking at the units I have, the only real strategy I can do with two Typeless right now is to use Setsuna with a healer and a unit that has skills related to low health, like Ogma's Attack boost. Setsuna has both Bowbreaker and Shurikenbreaker, so she can counter kill those kinds of enemies, but usually takes a lot of damage. She can trade health with Lucina (who self-heals), who then gains Speed Awaken the next turn. Something along those lines.

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've only sent home doubles so far.  I've kept at least one of the ones I've pulled, even Nowi.

I realized how much better a 5* Roy would be than the 4* I'm using.  4* can't get Binding Blade, which would make him much better, with +5 Might and +2 Def and Res on Enemy Phase.

I keep everyone, even doubles.  Merging two units with the same star level and name gives nice things.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've been keeping everything as well, but I've mostly been rolling with just one team. Looking at the units I have, the only real strategy I can do with two Typeless right now is to use Setsuna with a healer and a unit that has skills related to low health, like Ogma's Attack boost. Setsuna has both Bowbreaker and Shurikenbreaker, so she can counter kill those kinds of enemies, but usually takes a lot of damage. She can trade health with Lucina (who self-heals), who then gains Speed Awaken the next turn. Something along those lines.

That sounds like a good plan, though I like Lucina over Ogma.  If you can shove a good blue/green unit in his place (Fae would be perfect), I think it'll work.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That sounds like a good plan, though I like Lucina over Ogma.  If you can shove a good blue/green unit in his place (Fae would be perfect), I think it'll work.

Yeah, Hector could work too I think. Just gotta pray for them pulls...

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, Hector could work too I think. Just gotta pray for them pulls...

Fae will be for synergy.  She buffs Def/Res of adjacent allies, and debuffs enemy attack (I think it's a two-tile radius).  If you're going to invoke the low-health skills, you'll want to neuter enemy offense as much as possible!

43 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

I just noticed that buying 75 orbs for $40 (1.875 orbs per $1) seems to be a better deal than buying 140 orbs for $75 (~1.867 orbs per $1). o_O

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. But by buying orbs for €40 instead of €75, you only get one more orb every 224 orbs that you would have gotten by buying the €75 packet one.

Conclusion: It's pretty negligible xD.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I keep everyone, even doubles.  Merging two units with the same star level and name gives nice things.

I do the same! Also because you never know which characters will be bonus characters in the next Arena season (Though I'm guessing they'll be mostly focus units so that people will spend for them). Plus, I'm hoping they will add skill scrolls at some point in the game that can fill up some of the empty support slots. Theorycrafting will become even better then!

Edited by Birdy

I've been sending 3* and 4* I don't plan to use home, since promoting a merged characters rarity drops the merger.  I had a 3*+ Nino that I promoted to 4* and she dropped her + status upon becoming 4*.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Fae will be for synergy.  She buffs Def/Res of adjacent allies, and debuffs enemy attack (I think it's a two-tile radius).  If you're going to invoke the low-health skills, you'll want to neuter enemy offense as much as possible!

Ah, that's true. I was thinking Hector could be nice as a wall that Lucina. could fall behind when the time isn't right, especially when I'm setting up the health transfer with Setsuna and Lucina. He'd then fall back to get healed up for Armads to be at full power again, while Lucina does work. A lineup with Fae would probably be more stable though.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Shamelessly skipping 20+ pages to post my thoughts on the game :awesome:

Got my hands on the game and must say this is a piece of FE game. FE lite like most say, representing a large part of what FE is. I literally love it. It has even FE narrative and what a classic FE must have: ruffians/brigands/bandits on its first most chapter, it is a must have! Plus some nonesensical dialogue/story :P:

Regarding the story chapters it is pretty straight forward, throwing the most iconic chapters, characters and references of each game so far, which is good but also a bit worrying as it makes me wonder how will they pull other characters, specially low importance characters, but time will tell. The tower is awesome as it helps your low level characters catch up pretty fast and become strong units. Arena duels are cool and people are already like crazy force pulling 5*s to get top tier, but they aren't the key to auto win, as I've faced 5* teams and beat them with 2 2*s, 1 4* and 1 5*; which makes Arena duels largely dependant on positioning, strengths and weaknesses and strategy, not only on gold units. What I found pretty off is the lack of stamina cap increase, which imo should be added asap, as tougher chapters require more stamina and you can only play 4 Lunatic/Hard chapters per stamina gauge. One can argue that stamina isn't an issue with the bonus campaign, nintendo coins redemption, etc., but asides from how easy one can get them, the stamina cap should be pushed depending on the player's progress. And regarding duel swords, I think they should be replenished by a set amount of time, larger than 1 point of stamina. So far those are my concerns on this aspect.

Characters are awesome, skill activations, strengths, weaknesses, passives are really a nice touch. But I'll address Alfonse and Sharena specifically. As they are 2* they are pretty weak compared to the 4* or 5* people are pulling, but as 2* units they're pretty strong and imo worth augmenting, as their skills are pretty good, fill a niche and have utility (Sharena's case), so I wouldn't ignore them from the go. I have my hands on 5* Lyn, which obliterates everything, and 4* Male Robin, who doubles a lot and has magic. Other units have their nice roles and imo, everyone is worth investing, ones more than others,  but at the end of the day you'll have a cast of good units and be really versatile with what the game or any other enemy throws at you. I'll also second that healers' utility decreases exponentially. At first, they're pretty great as your units can sponge hits and their healing is notoriously good. But as they reach lv. 20+ they become pretty bad as their healing restores low portions of HP, their specials are decent, at best, and their attack is lulzy, except for debuffing or Pain or something. If anything, Recover is the best so far, and Wrys's special (the one that heals 10HP to all units upon trigger). So they need a buff.

Regarding visuals and VA, they're pretty good. The diversity in styles is refreshing and most of them are good. VA is awesome on some units and kinda feels like wtf on others, but its passable and one can deal with it.

Now the meta is 5* everywhere, but as most mobile games, it remains somewhat unstable per update/batch of characters and imo it's a waste to full invest on summoning until they grant Hero Feathers more generously. But so far so good.

Hey all, I spent last 2 hours rerolling for Lyn, however ended up getting Camilla who's still a 5* base. I like Camilla (but haven't played Fates), however I still want Lyndis. Should I keep rerolling or just stick to Camilla? 

4 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Hey all, I spent last 2 hours rerolling for Lyn, however ended up getting Camilla who's still a 5* base. I like Camilla (but haven't played Fates), however I still want Lyndis. Should I keep rerolling or just stick to Camilla? 

Camilla is offense on wings.  If you like ORKOing stuff, Camilla's your unit.

3 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Up to you.  As a unit, Camilla is really good.  I've got her on my team.  She was slow for a while, but I had a few good levels and she's back up to speed, pun intended.

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Thanks Rezzy & Eclipse. I'll just run with Camilla since I pulled a 4* Marth too (only done 2 summons), but both of 'em have a heart next to their icon on my team. Is this meant to indicate something? 

'Favorite'd' so that you can't accidentally permanently remove them from your army(game data) / use as upgrade fodder, etc.

Edited by donkeykhang

28 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Thanks Rezzy & Eclipse. I'll just run with Camilla since I pulled a 4* Marth too (only done 2 summons), but both of 'em have a heart next to their icon on my team. Is this meant to indicate something? 

The game defaults to automatically favoriting units 4* and above.  It keeps you from accidentally releasing them or using them to merge into another unit.

9 minutes ago, -Snugs- said:

Kinda a dumb question but when I was in the training tower I fought a roy with the dragon gaze special. How do I get him to learn that ability? Or do some summonable enemies have exclusive abilities?

Go to Allies -> Learn Skills.  If you don't see it yet, you may have to bump him up to 5*.

10 minutes ago, -Snugs- said:

Kinda a dumb question but when I was in the training tower I fought a roy with the dragon gaze special. How do I get him to learn that ability? Or do some summonable enemies have exclusive abilities?

My Roy does not show that as a potential skill.  He gets Shove, Triangle Adept, and Seal Def.

Just now, eclipse said:

Go to Allies -> Learn Skills.  If you don't see it yet, you may have to bump him up to 5*.

You can also click on character's icon on the team or the (+) on their profile on the team editor screen.  From there, go to Skill List on the bottom right on their profile, and it will tell you all their possible skills, learned and unlearned.  If they have to be a higher *, it will be grayed out, but still show you it's potentially available.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Hopefully it will stay that way for a little longer than Pokemon Go, what with Intelligent Systems actually having been handling things better than Niantic so far, knock on wood.

1 hour ago, -Snugs- said:

Yes, enemies in the Tower have randomized skillsets. I personally haven't played the Lunatic levels of the Tower yet, but perhaps there could be a scary unit whose randomized skills synchronize perfectly with its 5* weapon...

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yes, enemies in the Tower have randomized skillsets. I personally haven't played the Lunatic levels of the Tower yet, but perhaps there could be a scary unit whose randomized skills synchronize perfectly with its 5* weapon...

A lot of tenth flour enemy have ignis or/and vantage. 

You need to ORKO them or they will become unkillable