Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

24 minutes ago, Qilin said:

Hopefully it will stay that way for a little longer than Pokemon Go, what with Intelligent Systems actually having been handling things better than Niantic so far, knock on wood.

Part of the blame goes to Game Freak as well since well...they are known for having constant technical issues throughout their existence.

Still, one million downloads might not necessarily mean one million bucks so if no one within that range has bought any orbs, then Nintendo hasn't made any money out of it.

Ok, onto the game. Can I ask, what is the whole point of the Stamina bar if getting more is not possible to do via microtransactions?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Part of the blame goes to Game Freak as well since well...they are known for having constant technical issues throughout their existence.

Still, one million downloads might not necessarily mean one million bucks so if no one within that range has bought any orbs, then Nintendo hasn't made any money out of it.

Ok, onto the game. Can I ask, what is the whole point of the Stamina bar if getting more is not possible to do via microtransactions?

You can buy orb and convert them to stamina. 

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So in the Friend's List, there's this large green button above the list called "Send Greetings" (or whatever it is in English), but for me it's always grayed out. What's up with that?

It's seen you will automatically greet people if you touch thier visiting character. 

I'm kinda tempted to replace Serra with 5* Young Tiki in my team of 5* Lucina, 5* Camilla, 4* Sully and 4* Serra. Young Tiki can dish out 7 healing to allies directly next to her when attacking, and takes pretty much no damage when she initiates, because of Armored Blow. Serra has a lot of use with a two range staff, an alright heal (15 single target), speed buff Special Skill, and an Attack buffing aura. Tiki trades all of that for the ability to tank and kill really effectively. She's also magic damage, which is something my current team lacks (Serra doesn't matter).

I am consistently losing in Advanced Arena if the opponent has a Tiki. Guess I'll have to raise Subaki.

EDIT: Oh lol, I encountered an enemy Camilla who keeps pulling the Axe Knight back for no reason.

Edited by pianime94

It might be that this has come up already, but I don't think I saw it here yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I just posted some info on a topic about merging where I give a bit of info I got from Reddit. It's mainly about units being able to merge ten times, giving +1 to two stats every level-up, for a combined total of twenty stats distributed as +4 to each stat and about stats being predetermined at lvl.40, but units having one High and one Low stat which differentiates them from one another. 

---

Whether it's better to send them home or keep is up to you. Personally, I'm keeping every unit until I reach the cap, then I see what I can do with them.

For merging, here's a bit of info. You can;

A - merge two same * units immediatly for some SP and a level-up. The level up will always increase two stats by one. You can merge a unit ten times, giving it twente bonus stats in total, +4 to all stats. However, if you decide to awaken  units potential (raise star count) it will reset the stats and the bonus stats from merging will be gone. Merged units however need less feathers to raise their star count.

B - Raise two the same units with the same star amount to level 40 and see who has better stats before merging. Stats will mostly be the same, but units have one High and one Low stat and 3 Medium/Average stats. High and Low generally give about +3/4 or -3/4 compared to Medium/Average stats. (Example: say Medium defense for a 5* Lyn is 20, if yours has High Defense it will be 23/24, if it's Low she will have 16/17. If it's High, one of her other stats will be Low, and the rest will be Medium/Average) I hope this makes sense to you. Anyway, by analysing their final stats you can decide which unit to feed to the source (the best) character.

C - If one unit has a higher star count than the other, you can merge the lower star count into the larger star count to give the bigger starcount a bonus of SP to unlock skills with. Some units need extra SP to unlock all their skills, others don't.

21 minutes ago, Birdy said:

It might be that this has come up already, but I don't think I saw it here yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I just posted some info on a topic about merging where I give a bit of info I got from Reddit. It's mainly about units being able to merge ten times, giving +1 to two stats every level-up, for a combined total of twenty stats distributed as +4 to each stat and about stats being predetermined at lvl.40, but units having one High and one Low stat which differentiates them from one another.

I posted the reddit link in this thread since it seems to be appropriate.

2 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I posted the reddit link in this thread since it seems to be appropriate.

Ah, thanks for that! It's hard to keep up with all the new threads coming up in here, so I generally just stick to this this general discussion thread :p. 

So I may be coming up with the code for the game, to figure out just what determines stats and statgrowths. Fingers crossed that I can interpret what I'll be looking at.

Im starting to think allowing the same character to be pulled in different rarities was a bad idea, because what's the point in balancing the game arround a promotion system that allow you to promote your favorite 1* to a 5* with enough grinding if you can just try rolling that same character in a higher rarity?

Edited by OakTree

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

So I may be coming up with the code for the game, to figure out just what determines stats and statgrowths. Fingers crossed that I can interpret what I'll be looking at.

Sounds good! Very interested in the results, you can tag me if you want :3.

The entire subforum may as well be tagged if everything comes up Milhouse

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out why my 4* summoned Donny has 0 SPD, while my 1* from the event has 3 SPD.

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out why my 4* summoned Donny has 0 SPD, while my 1* from the event has 3 SPD.

If he has a Brave Lance, the -5 Speed from it is already figured into his stats, so he actually has 5 Speed.  If you equip him a different weapon, his Speed will go back up to 5.

17 minutes ago, Elieson said:

True xD. Why 'Milhouse' though, is it some kind of meme I'm not aware of?

And yes, 4* Donald has a brave lance, which puts his speed at 0.

Edited by Birdy

5 minutes ago, Birdy said:

True xD. Why 'Milhouse' though, is it some kind of meme I'm not aware of?

And yes, 4* Donald has a brave lance, which puts his speed at 0.

For reference

Also, AHA, he has 4 speed. I thought it was like the AS reduction in Fates, where it was -5 "attackspeed", not just a flat reduction altogether. Thanks for the clarity.

Oh, huh, I didn't realize the displayed stats actually took Brave weapon -5 speed into effect. That'll come in handy if I ever actually have to start calculating things instead of just winging it. :U

Just gonna leave some thoughts here after completing both Normal and Hard Mode of Story (and completing all the respective quests, sans Lunatic).

Current Hero Pool & Detailed Main Team

AIT4iEm.png
lVOD9qZ.png
OjLaR9b.png
Uzni3AK.png
vGV1aml.png
BcQ2CBi.png

Much later in the game, I find that party composition and strategy matters a lot more compared to just picking your favorites and rolling with them. Specifically, I mean having a party built to counter whatever gets thrown your way (This is easy in Story Missions due to predetermined enemies, a little harder with the randomized but known foes in the Tower, and a bit more difficult if doing Arena runs).The reasoning for this is on Normal mode, the player usually faces against 3* enemies (so 5* characters will wreck Normal Mode). On high difficulties, enemies also get promoted in terms of star rank, and may even gain weapons and skills that have to be checked instead of blindly rushing in. (One guy I faced had Miracle, and another time I was caught off-guard by an enemy who had a Brave weapon.)

Om 9-5, Hard Mode, I tried using my tried and true team (4* Sakura, 5* Ryoma, 5* Cain, 5* Camilla). I had to surrender because Cain, despite having a Brave Sword, did not have enough speed and damage to kill an enemy in one blow and is rather fragile when not on the offensive. So, I tried again, replacing Cain with my 4* Felicia, and managed to prevail by sacrificing Sakura and Camilla. Granted, I was not exactly level 35, but it was still rough.

The flaws of my current party are dealing with ranged units (Ryoma can only do so much) and Knights (Sakura is my only magic unit, but she is not built for damage). Hypothetically, my updated "dream team" would be Felicia, Sakura, Ryoma, and Takumi. Felicia debuffs enemy units, handles mages, and provides off-healing. Ryoma and Takumi deal damage and tank while Sakura heals everybody. I'll probably still have some difficulty with Knights, but Felicia's debuff and special ability will help a lot in the long run.

In short, the main thing I want to say is, when playing higher difficulties, I would highly advise players to have a lot of 4* and 5* heroes to choose from so they can counter what the enemy throws at them. Look at the enemy composition, know the starting placements and maps, and always check enemy skills and what weapon they have. Charging in blindly will no longer work during the upper levels of Hard and the start of Lunatic.

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess the Arena is down today.  Any idea when it comes back?  I was hoping to finish my last Hard Mission.

The season / week ended. I believe I read they need two days (not sure if it was one or two) to check everything and ban cheaters. Afterwards it should be up again and you should get your feathers =).

Edit: Feathers are already here? Was I that wrong? ._.

Edited by Birdy