Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Thank you. Although I will say as soon as skill inheritance came out I immediately had regretted getting rid of my Bartres, especially since the game was being a dick and refused to give me one afterwards

I have a friend that would throw away just about any character that didn't give him good level-ups because he didn't know that the stats were fixed. And every time I say, "so and so has a useful skill," he's basically already thrown away a dozen copies of that character. XD And now he can't get any of the characters he needs! It's a horrible curse!

But ack...these new banners are super tempting. I don't have Julia, Linde, Tharja, Leo...or Henry because I sacrificed mine for his Ignis. XD  They'll be around for a while at least. Maybe I'll get the chance to pull from them if I can manage to get Celica early...If their banners overlap that is... Rather than prepare a sacrificial rite, I'm going to take a pilgrimage and see how that works out for me. 

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Simple question:

+SPD/-ATK Raven, Deal or No Deal? 

Trying to figure out who my next 5-Star promotion will be. Raven is 4* level 40, and has had a place on my team for a while. I have NO 5-Star Green Units, so I was considering him. That -ATK is offputting, but I'm not sure if there are skills (or just Brave Axe lol) that can make up for it. Thanks for any input!

if I don't promote him it's Jeorge and he's a powerhouse right now with a dancer sooo

Edited by Big Smoke

Ah right, I was planning on training up Florina too, just to rock that sweet OTP on a team with Lyn.

I honestly am at a complete loss on what to do with her, though, I really have no idea.

1 minute ago, Big Smoke said:

Simple question:

+SPD/-ATK Raven, Deal or No Deal? 

Trying to figure out who my next 5-Star promotion will be. Raven is 4* level 40, and has had a place on my team for a while. I have NO 5-Star Green Units, so I was considering him. That -ATK is offputting, but I'm not sure if there are skills (or just Brave Axe lol) that can make up for it. Thanks for any input!

You have a Nino?

Otherwise, I don't think I'd promote him. he'll only have 39 attack at 5 stars with a brave ax plus so I'd just wait for someone better

Just now, Arcanite said:

You have a Nino?

Otherwise, I don't think I'd promote him. he'll only have 39 attack at 5 stars with a brave ax plus so I'd just wait for someone better

I do not have Nino. Thanks for the response 

And so Linde has become my most powerful blue mage and mage in general. Helps that she's the only 5* mage I have. I'm still mesmerized by Aura's animation. What is even happening? XD

Second summon didn't go so well, so that's it for that banner and any hopes of getting Julia or more importantly, Sanaki or Tharja as decent red mages. Probably not going to summon for the guy's side even though Henry and Leo would be much appreciated and welcome. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get Celica assuming she's a red mage.

25 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Ah right, I was planning on training up Florina too, just to rock that sweet OTP on a team with Lyn.

I honestly am at a complete loss on what to do with her, though, I really have no idea.

Florina's tricky to optimize.

She has one of the lowest base attacks of any flier (only Caeda, Clair, and Subaki have lower attack), but she's also one of the slowest fliers in the game (Michalis, Cherche, S!Camilla, and Beruka are all slower), meaning an offensive build is out of the question.

However, all of those other fliers have something else going for them. Caeda and Clair have really high speed, Michalis is hella tanky, Cherche is a powerhouse, etc.

Florina has....high resistance? That's honestly it. 

If you had the resources, you could always make her a dedicated mage killer with Distant Counter, but I assume the vast majority of people do not have a spare Hector to feed. Aside from that, I would still recommend mage killer (because she doesn't have the stats to do much else), but without Distant Counter she would be a strictly inferior option to other mage killers like Felicia because she can't counter on enemy phase. The best I can recommend you is to give her a Tomebreaker and a Killer Lance + Iceberg for burst damage, but past that I'm not entirely sure either.

It just makes me really sad that she got shafted so hard since she's actually one of my favorite pegasus knights in Heroes from a character and design standpoint (though I'm certain it's nowhere near your love for her). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Florina's tricky to optimize.

She has one of the lowest base attacks of any flier (only Caeda, Clair, and Subaki have lower attack), but she's also one of the slowest fliers in the game (Michalis, Cherche, S!Camilla, and Beruka are all slower), meaning an offensive build is out of the question.

However, all of those other fliers have something else going for them. Caeda and Clair have really high speed, Michalis is hella tanky, Cherche is a powerhouse, etc.

Florina has....high resistance? That's honestly it. 

If you had the resources, you could always make her a dedicated mage killer with Distant Counter, but I assume the vast majority of people do not have a spare Hector to feed. Aside from that, I would still recommend mage killer (because she doesn't have the stats to do much else), but without Distant Counter she would be a strictly inferior option to other mage killers like Felicia because she can't counter on enemy phase. The best I can recommend you is to give her a Tomebreaker and a Killer Lance + Iceberg for burst damage, but past that I'm not entirely sure either.

It just makes me really sad that she got shafted so hard since she's actually one of my favorite pegasus knights in Heroes from a character and design standpoint (though I'm certain it's nowhere near your love for her). 

Ah, you probably flatter me too much, but thanks.
If it helps with a recommendation for skills, she is +Speed -Res, so.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Its still closed though XD (at least for me)

Yeah, same. At least people can pick up their feathers.

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

LOL

28 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Building off of what @MaskedAmpharos said, you may be able to latch some skills to make her a pseudo-healer to support the rest of the team if you can't bring a real healer around. She already has Breath of Life and Ardent Sacrifice. Like he said, she'd be a little inferior to Felicia, but that shouldn't stop you from loving on her.

In all honesty +Spd -Res is actually alright. Her natural Res is overkill, while +Spd brings her to a respectable 31. Darting Blow will help with some doubles.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Tfw a dedicated mage killer is -Res

The problem is that, even with +Spd, she only reaches 31 speed, which is...not great. The problem is less her speed and more her other stats though. Most units that have mid to low speed either have really high offensive power (like Reinhardt), really high defense (like Beruka), or both (like Hector). Florina has an unimpressive speed stat, and on top of that she has a low base attack and defense stat. 

Even though she's -Res, her resistance is still one of the highest in the game and is the main thing going for her, so though some of her matchups could change ever so slightly, I would still recommend the same build as earlier.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Building off of what @MaskedAmpharos said, you may be able to latch some skills to make her a pseudo-healer to support the rest of the team if you can't bring a real healer around. She already has Breath of Life and Ardent Sacrifice. Like he said, she'd be a little inferior to Felicia, but that shouldn't stop you from loving on her.

Speaking of having a pseudo-healer, is there a way to have one on a Flier Emblem team?

I want to have the Flier buffs but I also want to keep Catria in high enough health for QR3 to take effect. My main purpose for her is to lure out reds and blues and buff her defenses with Fortify Fliers with someone else. She manages to either ORKO or severely cripple someone so I'm glad it's been working out

I still want the buffs but Breath of Life is a C skill, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

When you give gronnblade to Wascally Wabbit Camilla, you can give her Breath of Life since she will attack at range and that is somewhat more comfy with Breath of Life (I think)

Edit: you can even give it to her before you get more gronblade if you wont miss the buffs

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

When you give gronnblade to Wascally Wabbit Camilla, you can give her Breath of Life since she will attack at range and that is somewhat more comfy with Breath of Life (I think)

I gave her Goad Fliers though :0

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Speaking of having a pseudo-healer, is there a way to have one on a Flier Emblem team?

I want to have the Flier buffs but I also want to keep Catria in high enough health for QR3 to take effect. My main purpose for her is to lure out reds and blues and buff her defenses with Fortify Fliers with someone else. She manages to either ORKO or severely cripple someone so I'm glad it's been working out

That's correct. And Breath of Life at its highest level will only heal 7 HP unfortunately. If you want heals, your best bet will probably be to give one of the other fliers Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice. Ardent Sacrifice will give 10 HP (while taking 10 HP from the user). And Reciprocal Aid will simply swap HPs. if you have one flier that doesn't see combat (or shouldn't see combat), I'd go with the assist skills!

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tfw a dedicated mage killer is -Res

The problem is that, even with +Spd, she only reaches 31 speed, which is...not great. The problem is less her speed and more her other stats though. Most units that have mid to low speed either have really high offensive power (like Reinhardt), really high defense (like Beruka), or both (like Hector). Florina has an unimpressive speed stat, and on top of that she has a low base attack and defense stat. 

Even though she's -Res, her resistance is still one of the highest in the game and is the main thing going for her, so though some of her matchups could change ever so slightly, I would still recommend the same build as earlier.

I pretty much prefer (my younger sister) Shanna over Florina because of these reasons. If only Florina has something great offensively!

I wish IS would buff her up and reduce her RES a little. Sure it'll be closer to the stereotype but we don't want to see her become unusable in an efficient way...

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Like oh Saint Elimine has spoken, if you still desire to make her your best unit, I'd love to help making a build for her. I won't discourage anyone from using their favorite characters and I would actually appreciate them for it :D

Edited by Lyrai

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Then do what Rafiel's Aria said and go assists if you really need it!

@Rafiel's Aria Hm maybe I'll do that and give whoever has Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid a Desperation skill or something just in case she (doubt I'm using Subaki so I'm using that pronoun) needs to fight for whatever reason

Any character that lacks both Atk and Speed is condemned to be considered bottom tier, specially if also lacks defense.

Edited by Troykv

What if they put the Latona staff in the game, and it basically acts like a Light's Blessing (full HP restored, Specials charged), but it can't revive and the healer dies

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy