Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Rafiel's Aria Hm maybe I'll do that and give whoever has Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid a Desperation skill or something just in case she (doubt I'm using Subaki so I'm using that pronoun) needs to fight for whatever reason

As long as that person is pretty speedy that should work. My Nino has the Desperation/Ardent Sacrifice build, and it works quite nicely for her. Desperation works best on characters that double more often than not. It'd be pretty sweet on a character with insane speed and a Brave Weapon. Good luck!

I'm still trying to figure out my Flier Emblem team. I'll probably be using Michalis, Palla, Subaki, and....either Cherche or Catria. Catrai and Subaki are so similar...Cherche would probably provide some more variety.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if they put the Latona staff in the game, and it basically acts like a Light's Blessing (full HP restored, Specials charged), but the healer dies

Welp, that would pretty much make them never appear on an Arena team.  Hey, cool, I got a Bonus unit!  Oh, wait...

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

As long as that person is pretty speedy that should work. My Nino has the Desperation/Ardent Sacrifice build, and it works quite nicely for her. Desperation works best on characters that double more often than not. It'd be pretty sweet on a character with insane speed and a Brave Weapon. Good luck!

I'm still trying to figure out my Flier Emblem team. I'll probably be using Michalis, Palla, Subaki, and....either Cherche or Catria. Catrai and Subaki are so similar...Cherche would probably provide some more variety.

I'm using Bunmilla (begrudgingly because she is the only mage flier) and Catria. I have Caeda and 4* Palla but I might switch things around later because I am also waiting for Minerva and Hinoka

Have fun!

fliers>horses

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Then how would you level him/her up

Attacks as a cleric. XD
Though, leveling as a cleric isnt all that important. Maybe give her the "This cleric and all others get 2x exp if unit survives" and just make an atk built staff user.
Alternatively, whomever the cleric revives she splits/gets their exp.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Welp, that would pretty much make them never appear on an Arena team.  Hey, cool, I got a Bonus unit!  Oh, wait...

Not on offense, perhaps, but they'd be damn annoying to deal with on a defense team.

Oh you killed Vantage Hector? GUESS WHO'S BACK >:D

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Not on offense, perhaps, but they'd be damn annoying to deal with on a defense team.

Or even just stack 4 of them on defense.  Kill 3, the last one revives the other 3, and they just keep whittling you down.

Honestly, for offense it'd be fine too, no, you wont get your perfect arena score. So perhaps not ideal for top tier arena goers, but having a free extra offensive man could be useful. Or just having the ability to mill that unit for a distraction (since the AI goes for kills) then you can lure an enemy in with a decoy, bring decoy back.

Just now, rockocalypse said:

Honestly, for offense it'd be fine too, no, you wont get your perfect arena score. So perhaps not ideal for top tier arena goers, but having a free extra offensive man could be useful. Or just having the ability to mill that unit for a distraction (since the AI goes for kills) then you can lure an enemy in with a decoy, bring decoy back.

Considering how many thousands of ranks you drop from even a single death, this would most definitely not be worth it.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Considering how many thousands of ranks you drop from even a single death, this would most definitely not be worth it.

??? There's only 20 or so ranks. What are you talking about? You mean Score?

Edited by rockocalypse

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

But then they can't deal damage

If it's their heal Skill, and not their offensive skills, they could still deal damage.

Just now, rockocalypse said:

??? There's only 20 or so ranks. What are you talking about?

There are 20 tiers. There are tens of thousands of ranks. 

I exaggerated, of course, but you'd definitely lose several hundred spots at least. One death is not insignificant enough to ever justify taking a character that sacrifices themself.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There are 20 tiers. There are tens of thousands of ranks. 

I exaggerated, of course, but you'd definitely lose several hundred spots at least. One death is not insignificant enough to ever justify taking a character that sacrifices themself.

Arenas are changing though. Theres going to be tons of less people in the rankings now, since now we're only competing with others in OUR tier. And, lower tier players tend to be those with less than perfected teams. So they will probably lose a unit or two each season.

And it's not like it's your goal to lose and revive a unit. It's just an option that you can use so you don't lose your whole team. Sometimes you lose that one unit you need for the other three opponents against the only opponent who can kill him. 

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Arena rankings, not the tiers.

Thanks for fixing my broken knowledge

Edited by rockocalypse

2 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

Arenas are changing though. Theres going to be tons of less people in the rankings now, since now we're only competing with others in OUR tier. And, lower tier players tend to be those with less than perfected teams. So they will probably lose a unit or two each season.

And it's not like it's your goal to lose and revive a unit. It's just an option that you can use so you don't lose your whole team. Sometimes you lose that one unit you need for the other three opponents against the only opponent who can kill him. 

Thanks for fixing my broken knowledge

The Arena tier change would make deathless runs more important, not less.

Also, if that's what you're doing, then you're dragging around a unit you're barely even using for most matches. You may as well just run four functional units instead of three plus a backup. Not to mention avoiding deaths at higher tiers is so crucial that if I lost even a single unit, I would much rather forfeit the entire streak than try to win the match. 

I don't get why deathless runs are so "necessary" and "important." It's barely possible to win an arena match with no deaths due to how level and skill-inflated teams are there, let alone get a deathless streak.

I don't know how this could be done, but arena matches need to be easier in general. They're far too hard right now. I should have good enough units for more deathless wins, but I don't. I don't even win matches much as it is. And when units like Ike, Ephraim, Azura, male Robin, a skill inheritance 5 star Frederick, and Ryoma aren't enough, there's a problem. (not that I'm using them all on the same team or anything)

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get why deathless runs are so "necessary" and "important." It's barely possible to win an arena match with no deaths due to how level and skill-inflated teams are there, let alone get a deathless streak.

I don't know how this could be done, but arena matches need to be easier in general. They're far too hard right now.

They're not as important in lower tiers, but at anything over rank 10k, they begin to matter a lot more. 

At where I am, a single death could cost me several hundred ranks, which could be the difference between being rank 1000 and rank 1400. One death would cost me 500 feathers, and that's not insignificant. 

With a Dancer and two good ranged attackers (doesn't matter if they're mages or bows/daggers, but generally mages see more success), deathless runs are pretty easy. The only hard part is lugging around a bonus unit that doesn't mesh with your core and also can't take a hit.

I always forfeit if a match isn't deathless, since that run is pointless anyway.

The Arena tier change would make deathless runs more important, not less.

Also, if that's what you're doing, then you're dragging around a unit you're barely even using for most matches. You may as well just run four functional units instead of three plus a backup. Not to mention avoiding deaths at higher tiers is so crucial that if I lost even a single unit, I would much rather forfeit the entire streak than try to win the match. 

I dunno. Just because something isn't worthy of the top tiers doesn't mean it's not good for lower tiers.

Also, the applications for power leveling a unit would be sweet. If the unit you're training falls, you dont lose that experience and can finish the battle with that unit.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This too. I think Arena matches are much more balanced than they USED to be, and we need to see how these new "fight only your tier" changes will effect the play, but yes. It's not ultimately necessary to be deathless.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

They're not as important in lower tiers, but at anything over rank 10k, they begin to matter a lot more. 

At where I am, a single death could cost me several hundred ranks, which could be the difference between being rank 1000 and rank 1400. One death would cost me 500 feathers, and that's not insignificant. 

Which is utterly ridiculous. ONE stupid death shouldn't be costing people that much. This kind of bullshit is why I hate the arena and always have.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know how this could be done, but arena matches need to be easier in general. They're far too hard right now. I should have good enough units for more deathless wins, but I don't. I don't even win matches much as it is. And when units like Ike, Ephraim, Azura, and Ryoma aren't enough, there's a problem. (not that I'm using them all on the same team or anything)

If you have the time, consider sometime taking a bunch of screenshots during one of your arena matches to chronicle all your moves throughout it and try to explain your decisions as best as you can. If you do that and post it, we can try giving you more specific advice about how to improve your strategies.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Which is utterly ridiculous. ONE stupid death shouldn't be costing people that much. This kind of bullshit is why I hate the arena and always have.

I mean, it's kinda in the spirit of Fire Emblem. You get punished for deaths.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get why deathless runs are so "necessary" and "important." It's barely possible to win an arena match with no deaths due to how level and skill-inflated teams are there, let alone get a deathless streak

I've gotten 2 deathless streaks because my previous rank was too close to the border and I would've been kicked out of 30k+

This past season I got 1 death because my rank was good enough and I didn't need the extra points

But yeah, they aren't always "necessary". And getting deathless takes a lot of thinking. Many times I've had to calculate and saved myself from making a mistake XD

Just now, Anacybele said:

I can agree with you here

but now, getting deathless is gonna mean even more since you would need it to rank up as a whole