Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, I pulled a Ninian earlier today when I decided to throw a pull at the female mage banner in hopes for Sanaki or Linde.

I was planning to eventually send her home because why do I need three dancers or yet another blue dragon. But Elie was kind of implying that having all three dancers is a cool thing and I decided to check her bane and boon.

And man, am I glad I did.

This Ninian is +Atk, -Res. That's the best I've ever gotten on a 5 star unit. Needless to say, I don't want to send her home anymore, as boring as I think she as a character (I can see why others might like her, but she's not my cup of tea at all). :P Also the first time since Ephraim that I've not gotten a +HP 5 star.

Although, that's HOW many times I've pulled a -res unit regardless of the star rarity? Ugh.

I'm not actually playing the game, btw, I just booted it up right quick to check this.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I pulled a Ninian earlier today when I decided to throw a pull at the female mage banner in hopes for Sanaki or Linde.

I was planning to eventually send her home because why do I need three dancers or yet another blue dragon. But Elie was kind of implying that having all three dancers is a cool thing and I decided to check her bane and boon.

And man, am I glad I did.

This Ninian is +Atk, -Res. That's the best I've ever gotten on a 5 star unit. Needless to say, I don't want to send her home anymore, as boring as I think she as a character (I can see why others might like her, but she's not my cup of tea at all). :P Also the first time since Ephraim that I've not gotten a +HP 5 star.

Although, that's HOW many times I've pulled a -res unit regardless of the star rarity? Ugh.

I'm not actually playing the game, btw, I just booted it up right quick to check this.

+Atk is pretty welcome, yeah. -Res is still okay, since Ninian's natural Res is good enough.

You send home 5*s? I get that you don't like the character, but I'd still keep a 5* just for bragging rights. I don't really care for my Spring Xander or my Ogma, but I keep them around so I can fill my page with 5*s.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was planning to eventually send her home because why do I need three dancers or yet another blue dragon.

Three dancers can drill a single unit to level 40 in no time. Yesterday I promoted Cecilia to 5*. It took me 99 stamina, plus half a potion to get her from 1 to 40. I just had to replace one dancer with a Pain healer for 35-40.

2 minutes ago, chirp said:

Three dancers can drill a single unit to level 40 in no time. Yesterday I promoted Cecilia to 5*. It took me 99 stamina, plus half a potion to get her from 1 to 40. I just had to replace one dancer with a Pain healer for 35-40.

Well, I prefer to have a healer around when training units too, especially ones that can't take hits.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Technically, I've never sent a 5 star home. I used one for skill fodder. But that's it. Still, there are some I would definitely send home, like Lucina. I have several 5 star swords, including the other three Falchion users, and I don't like her AT all. I'd send home a 5 star Camilla too if it wasn't for her Brave Axe+. In that case, she'd be ditched so Freddy can have that axe.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele

*Sigh*

Still. It's annoying that our badges are piling up as we train them in the tower as the devs really have messed up on that (Only focused on feathers and orbs, obviously) and need to resolve it as I'm sick of being piled up with thousands of badges as they are just sitting there stockpiling. Secondly, feathers are hard to get yet again as the hero merit made it worse as it requires seriously using that character alot to get them. 500 hero merit for the reward.

My usual setup for training is Pain+Rehab!Healer + Dancer + 5*40 babysitter (usually Reinhardt), in case there's stuff like 10th stratum with 3 favorable and 1 unfavorable matchups, or something. Helps that Rein carries Reposition and Spur Atk, which esp helps when training low atk units like Felicia in conjunction with Olivia's Hone Atk.

Ryoma, Minerva, or Nino may sometimes also do babysitting depending on color/buff needs. I'll swap out Lach for Prissy if I'm training a horse, and I bring Hinoka as the babysitter if it's a flier.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, PuffPuff said:

@Anacybele

*Sigh*

Still. It's annoying that our badges are piling up as we train them in the tower as the devs really have messed up on that (Only focused on feathers and orbs, obviously) and need to resolve it as I'm sick of being piled up with thousands of badges as they are just sitting there stockpiling. Secondly, feathers are hard to get yet again as the hero merit made it worse as it requires seriously using that character alot to get them. 500 hero merit for the reward.

We don't have much use for all those badges we're piling up, do we? It'd be nice if we could turn some of them into feathers like we'll be able to do with the seals later...

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I prefer to have a healer around when training units too, especially ones that can't take hits.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Technically, I've never sent a 5 star home. I used one for skill fodder. But that's it. Still, there are some I would definitely send home, like Lucina. I have several 5 star swords, including the other three Falchion users, and I don't like her AT all. I'd send home a 5 star Camilla too if it wasn't for her Brave Axe+. In that case, she'd be ditched so Freddy can have that axe.

Well, Lucina is pretty much the best Falchion user (and second best Sword in the game, some would say), so she has that going for her. I liked Lucina before, but she wasn't really one my favourites; getting her in this game made her grow on me though. What's an AT, btw?

I've thought about giving my Camilla's Brave Axe to someone else too, but she's done so many things like carry Flier quests and cheese Narcian for me, I can't bear to do it lol.

@GuiltyLove but some day they'll let us promote her into Master Knight only if you have 5* Lachesis!

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Lachesis' only purpose was the 1000 feathers ;)

I mean, Lachesis is pretty meh as far as healers are concerned, so I can't really say anything about that. Most 5* units have at least some great skills/weapons to pass down though so feathering them is pretty baffling. For Ninian I would at least want to preserve her exclusive dragon buff tbh.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, Lucina is pretty much the best Falchion user (and second best Sword in the game, some would say), so she has that going for her. I liked Lucina before, but she wasn't really one my favourites; getting her in this game made her grow on me though. What's an AT, btw?

I've thought about giving my Camilla's Brave Axe to someone else too, but she's done so many things like carry Flier quests and cheese Narcian for me, I can't bear to do it lol.

Um...the word "at" in all caps? xP

I have a merged 5 star Marth, so I think he'll do just fine as my main Falchion guy.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Um...the word "at" in all caps? xP

I have a merged 5 star Marth, so I think he'll do just fine as my main Falchion guy.

Oh, I somehow missed the "all" after the "at", so it didn't click. I'm dumb.

Personally, I want to collect as many unique 5*s as possible, even if they're ones I don't particularly like or want to use. Even for duplicate 5*s, I'm inclined to merge them unless it's a character I'm not using much and they have some rare skill I want to inherit. I guess I'd send a 5* home if I'd already maxed out on merges for the character and they didn't have any good 5* exclusive skills (or a better boon/bane)?

I just want a good variety of 5 stars to pick from.

And so far, Freddy is becoming more and more valuable to my group as a 5 star because I now have thirteen 5 star units and he's still my only green one. I need more green 5 stars. :P I was going to upgrade female Robin to 5 star eventually though. Sharena is next, and then female Robin.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Advanced Techniques, obviously

Still no Lucina... I have her father, who is a potato and also Marth, both at 4*

If you swing Lucina around in the pattern of her Brand on her phase Aether will charge instantly. Advanced techs.

I stole yours earlier!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just want a good variety of 5 stars to pick from.

And so far, Freddy is becoming more and more valuable to my group as a 5 star because I now have thirteen 5 star units and he's still my only green one. I need more green 5 stars. :P I was going to upgrade female Robin to 5 star eventually though. Sharena is next, and then female Robin.

You should pull for Julia then. She's pretty much the Fred of mages. (Slow, tanks non-red mages, and hits like a truck!)

Just now, Midori Mage said:

You should pull for Julia then. She's pretty much the Fred of mages. (Slow, tanks non-red mages, and hits like a truck!)

If I had the orbs to spare, I might. :P

I almost wanna promote Barst to 5 stars just for jokes. I actually have him ready at level 40.

*looks at Laslow, Catria, Oboro, Roy, and Nino*

ehhhhhhhhhhh..... I'm too conflicted ;-; (Maybe I should use it on Lloyd...)

I blitzed through all the special maps except the last one on the harder difficulty. Not really sure how to handle that one...so many strong, fast units of every type and with juuuust the right stat/ability distribution. 

Had to basically convert to my arena team to beat the Hard versions of the last two maps, but Hector/Xander/Sharena are pretty effective.