Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Roxachronc said:

Has anyone noticed that the winners of "Choose Your Legends"  coincidentally are 4 and also that Seriph and company are also 4, and it seems the seasons are focused on 2 character pools... maybe, just MAYBE they are going to be the next Summoning Focus.

That would be my guess. I'm hoping that they do 2 choose your legends + 2 others instead of separating them into 4 banners, just because the 4 choose your legends winners all happen to be red units (unless they give Ike an axe or something? suddenly I want Greil) and that really screws with your chances of getting a particular unit you want.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Wow, is chapter 9-4 utter bullshit and full of cheating. The map gives the enemy a massive advantage, and the masked guy can OHKO even high res units. I only have one character with high res since it seems like very few characters in this game have much res at all. Even so, he should not have been able to do that much damage due to Palla's high res.

I did come close to winning the map (masked guy was the only enemy left when he OHKO'd Palla), but still. This guy and his map were unfairly rigged. How can anyone possibly beat it without a team full of five star units which are very rare? I don't even have one.

1 hour ago, Eilanzer said:

Do you guys think we can have the laguz in the game? if yes how they will transform (only in battle animation)?

And in the future where Micaiah and other fire emblem light/dark will be implemented in the game? As a gray unit? dunno...A gray unit mage will be...strange...And the addition of dark/light would give the game a new layer os strategy... =S

I think they can be handled the same way as the manaketes: transform in battles. I don't know if Claws/Fangs will be red, Talons green and Beaks blue, they represent the 3 most important laguz kings: Caineghis, Tibarn and Nestling. However, I can see them being added to any color though, like Kyza's and Mordecai's blue claw.

I don't know, adding white/black units would be neat and might be added in the future to expand and enrich the game's content. However, I feel they've translated dark as red and light as blue, meaning Micaiah might end up being a blue mage with Thani or Rexaura.

14 minutes ago, Roxachronc said:

Has anyone noticed that the winners of "Choose Your Legends"  coincidentally are 4 and also that Seriph and company are also 4, and it seems the seasons are focused on 2 character pools... maybe, just MAYBE they are going to be the next Summoning Focus.

Nice observation, but Lyn, Roy and Lucina are already in the game, making it kinda redundant to put them again in the next batch. Who knows, though? They might make alternate versions of them or new skins for them; like, if you already summoned them you have 2 units in 1 that can be switched before battles.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, is chapter 9-4 utter bullshit and full of cheating. The map gives the enemy a massive advantage, and the masked guy can OHKO even high res units. I only have one character with high res since it seems like very few characters in this game have much res at all. Even so, he should not have been able to do that much damage due to Palla's high res.

I did come close to winning the map (masked guy was the only enemy left when he OHKO'd Palla), but still. This guy and his map were unfairly rigged. How can anyone possibly beat it without a team full of five star units which are very rare? I don't even have one.

Well Palla is Red...

Use a green unit for baiting it or an Archer/Ninja and have someone that increases RES, usually i bait it, kill with archer, refresh with Olivia to get Archer/Ninja out of range and kill the others.

Is not that hard when you know the map tbh.

Edited by Roxachronc

4 minutes ago, Roxachronc said:

Well Palla is Red...

Use a green unit for baiting it or an Archer/Ninja and have someone that increases RES, usually i bait it, kill with archer, refresh with olivia to get archee out of rank and kill the others.

Is not that hard when you know the map tbh.

Shouldn't matter. Weapons aren't everything, stats matter too, and Palla's res is pretty dang high.

My only green unit is Frederick (not counting the made-of-glass Anna) and mages eat him for breakfast, so that won't work. I'm not sure who to swap out for Olivia right now. Maybe Sharena, I'm not sure. I don't have an archer or ninja that I can use. Virion is too weak. He won't gain much exp in the tower right now either.

Sorry, but I still think it's unfairly hard.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Shouldn't matter. Weapons aren't everything, stats matter too, and Palla's res is pretty dang high.

My only green unit is Frederick (not counting the made-of-glass Anna) and mages eat him for breakfast, so that won't work. I'm not sure who to swap out for Olivia right now. Maybe Sharena, I'm not sure.

Sorry, but I still think it's unfairly hard.

Weapon triangle is imo the most important part of the game in terms of combat, as they add/substract quite a lot from the dmg inflicted. I haven't checked official formulas nor done the math, but I've experimented.

Anna despite having wet paper durability is a good anti mage unit and probably the best to deal with the Masked Man, so bait him with her as she has high res.

Palla's Ruby Sword makes her double weak to blue, while being double strong against green, so even with her high res, blue mages can be a problem, especially with how strong he is.

Edit: Palla is weak to both the boss and the archer on this map, even if she's pretty good against the armour and the healers. If you can handle the knight without her, it might be worth subbing her out on this map.

Edited by Ether

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? It only took me one try.

I made sure Robin was there to be my rock along with Azama. They've both been quite the MVPs in chapter 9. Mind you Robin is my only 5* (along with Lucina who wasn't used that chapter), The rest are normally 4* (and heck, Azama is still 3*)

Edited by Solcalibre

8 minutes ago, Solcalibre said:

Really? It only took me one try.

I made sure Robin was there to be my rock along with Azama. They've both been quite the MVPs in chapter 9. Mind you Robin is my only 5* (along with Lucina who wasn't used that chapter), The rest are normally 4* (and heck, Azama is still 3*)

Robin sucks though. Not much attack power, slow, and fragile. I plan to get rid of him once I get a better mage. The one I have is awful and worthless.

15 minutes ago, Ether said:

Palla's Ruby Sword makes her double weak to blue, while being double strong against green, so even with her high res, blue mages can be a problem, especially with how strong he is.

Edit: Palla is weak to both the boss and the archer on this map, even if she's pretty good against the armour and the healers. If you can handle the knight without her, it might be worth subbing her out on this map.

I don't remember her Ruby Sword's description saying it's double weak to blue. But maybe I misread it or forgot or something. You could be right that Palla's not the best choice for this map. I still think it's a stupid map though.

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Weapon triangle is imo the most important part of the game in terms of combat, as they add/substract quite a lot from the dmg inflicted. I haven't checked official formulas nor done the math, but I've experimented.

Anna despite having wet paper durability is a good anti mage unit and probably the best to deal with the Masked Man, so bait him with her as she has high res.

I think stats and level are more important. You can have a weapon advantage, but you can also be at a lower level or have bad def against a physical weapon or bad res vs magic.

I don't use Anna anymore. I don't like how fragile she is. So she's been sitting at two stars and I don't plan to waste my feathers on upgrading her. I'm trying to save them to create a five star unit since I just can't get one through summoning.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Thisis pretty interesting. I wonder if that actually works in real life. Kind of a big jump from Step 2 to Step 3, at least in my eyes....

This might work with hairspray or magic. I'm sure they have at least one of those haha. Also yeah, Sharena's hair is very long. But again, FE women usually come in two flavours: Rapunzel and bob.

@Anacybele, it says in the description of Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire weapons: Gives Atk +20% when at advantage, –20% when at a disadvantage. Which means that combined with usual triangle effects.

Anyway, I have no good green and other blues, so Sharena baited the Masked Man for me, while Serra's been healing her. Then she charged and put her lance through him. It worked both on Normal and Hard, by the way.

Edited by Vaximillian

The way I did that map when I did the Hard version earlier was bait the Masked Man left with Cecilia first, and make sure that's the only thing being able to be hit, she could take it.  Then once he was dead, the rest was rather easy.  Sakura heal dutied, Roy kept being awesome, and Catria also kept being awesome.  His cronies weren't very hard.

I don't think I have anyone who I feel could reliably bait him, even with a healer (the only one of which I have is Lissa and she can't heal much damage at all). I'll be summoning more characters when I can...and really hope I stop having horrible luck.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, never summoned a manakete. And it's normal.

Alright so here is what you do. You get your green with the highest resistance. If you have cecillia or anyone else with rally or hone resistance that helps too. If you don't screw it. But after you get your highest res green train them to an absolutely ridiculous level (27+). And then fill the rest of your team with greens. And just pray. If you have an amiibo hold it in your hand while you're playing. And open any fire emblem games you have too for extra lucks.

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Alright so here is what you do. You get your green with the highest resistance. If you have cecillia or anyone else with rally or hone resistance that helps too. If you don't screw it. But after you get your highest res green train them to an absolutely ridiculous level (27+). And then fill the rest of your team with greens. And just pray. If you have an amiibo hold it in your hand while you're playing. And open any fire emblem games you have too for extra lucks.

Except I only have one green unit and that's Frederick like I already said. He's not going to bait a mage when he's as good as paper against magic.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except I only have one green unit and that's Frederick like I already said. He's not going to bait a mage when he's as good as paper against magic.

Wow. I remember the last time you were here you were having the same problem. I feel like you're the most unlucky person I know when it comes to this game :(. You're just gonna have to summon like a psycho until you get a good green. Might want to hold off on summoning now cause there is a new focus coming.

Well, it seems I have run into an impasse on Chapter 9 Lunatic. After grinding up my 4* Tiki in an attempt to beat 9-5 Lunatic, it seems I am still fated to fail that chapter (and 9-4 Lunatic) without usage of a Light's Blessing (which I did use on 9-2 Lunatic).

Taking into account starting positions and attempting to do some strategizing beforehand, I my team was 4* Tiki (Level 38), 4* Sakura (Level 37), 5* Cain (+DEF, -HP), and 5* Ryoma (+SPD, -ATT).

My plan used Tiki to take on Xander and have Ryoma handle Veronica, while Sakura provides heals and Cain provide flanking support (and the helpful Threaten ATT). However, my Ryoma did not have the damage output to kill Veronica in one round (perhaps the one time I regret having the -ATT on him), and while Tiki can kill Xander, it takes her too long to do so. In the end, I did manage to take out both Xander and Veronica, but the generics killed finished off what remained of my team.

If there was one thing I would have tried differently, it would be swapping Tiki and Sakura's placement so Tiki could immediately move up. The problem with this though is that Xander (with Battle Troubadour) would likely kill Tiki and I would have a difficult time taking out Xander with the rest of my party.

I beat Normal and Hard with Ryoma, 4* Sakura, Cain, and Camilla (and 4* Felicia as an alt), but that setup does not work on Lunatic due to the opposition's high DEF rating and the greater importance of the Weapon Triangle. As it stands, most of my raised units are Physical based but the enemies deal massive damage (physical and magical) and tend to have high DEF. So far, I mainly relied on Ryoma to handle everything, but he can only take so many hits. Cain has a Brave Weapon, but enemies have high DEF. Sakura can heal and offer extra DEF, but a Recovery or Rehabilitate staff may be the superior option here. Camilla works well against Blue units, but there are not many Blues in 9-4 & 9-5.

Here is my current roster (image in the spoiler).

WcImWPI.png

So, I am at a loss. I'm sure if I had a 5* Takumi (anti-everything), 5* Hector (walking juggernaut), or a good mage (5* Robin or 5* Linde), I probably could beat the map. With my current roster, I could try leveling up Nowi and replace Tiki with her, but I have no desire to level up another non 5* unit to level 40 as it takes forever to do so (and will be even longer once the Tower promotion goes away). I could also try to get someone with Hone, Spur, or Rally ATT for Ryoma in an attempt to one-round Veronica, but there is still everyone else to deal with. I could level up Olivia and get Dance, but she would be far too weak at the bare minimum 3* and I already have a lot of Red characters.

As for pulls, I exhausted my main Orb supply with Story Mode and quests. I am also currently saving up for the 15th with my scraps in anticipation of a new Focus. While I would still love a Lyn, Lucina, and a Takumi (with a proper 5* M!Robin), I already spent $40 and don't plan on spending another $40 any time soon (unless I win the lottery or something).

So yeah... I don't think I'll be clearing Lunatic Story any time soon unless you guys have any suggestions.

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wow. I remember the last time you were here you were having the same problem. I feel like you're the most unlucky person I know when it comes to this game :(. You're just gonna have to summon like a psycho until you get a good green. Might want to hold off on summoning now cause there is a new focus coming.

Well, I did have two other green summons that weren't another Frederick, being Cherche and Cecilia, but Cherche's res looked low and I somehow mistook Cecilia for a healer. I had gotten rid of them. Cecilia was probably a mistake now though...

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Sire said:

Well, it seems I have run into an impasse on Chapter 9 Lunatic. After grinding up my 4* Tiki in an attempt to beat 9-5 Lunatic, it seems I am still fated to fail that chapter (and 9-4 Lunatic) without usage of a Light's Blessing (which I did use on 9-2 Lunatic).

Can Cain ORKO with Brave Sword? It's absolutely crucial that Veronica goes down immediately. If Ryoma can't handle that job, I would honestly drop him for any good Typeless or Blue unit you have, because you don't need three Reds at all.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I did have two other green summons that weren't another Frederick, being Cherche and Cecilia, but I Cherche's res looked low and I somehow mistook Cecilia for a healer. I had gotten rid of them. Cecilia was probably a mistake now though...

Ow. That hurts. Don't hurry dismissing units. They might come in handy sooner or later.

4 hours ago, Roxachronc said:

I heard that it rolls the unit first and then shows the Orb, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can Cain ORKO with Brave Sword? It's absolutely crucial that Veronica goes down immediately. If Ryoma can't handle that job, I would honestly drop him for any good Typeless or Blue unit you have, because you don't need three Reds at all.

No. Here are some stats I had on hand when I was strategizing beforehand (information is not complete). As I have stated, enemies on Lunatic have insane DEF and I have no speedy magic characters on my roster to take advantage of their poor RES.

Ryoma is the best unit I have, so I will not be ditching him.

9-5 Lunatic Stats (Incomplete - Weapon Abilities, Special Ability, and Passives)
Xander:        47 HP, 51 ATT, 27 SPD, 42 DEF, 19 RES
Troubadour:    32 HP, 41 ATT, 24 SPD, 22 DEF, 46 RES (Gravity, Recover)
Veronica:      49 HP, 54 ATT, 29 SPD, 33 DEF, 26 RES
Sword Fighter: 47 HP, 49 ATT, 34 SPD, 33 DEF, 25 RES (Sacrifice Skill)
Blue Mage:     40 HP, 47 ATT, 35 SPD, 22 DEF, 31 RES
= = = = =
Ryoma:		41 HP, 47 ATT, 38 SPD, 27 DEF, 21 RES
vs Veronica - Deal 28 "32", Recieve 33 "27"
Kills Troubador

Cain:		39 HP, 40 ATT, 27 SPD, 31 DEF, 21 RES
vs Veronica - Deal 14 "16", Recieve 33 "27"
Kills Troubadour

Camilla		37 HP, 38 ATT, 27 SPD, 24 DEF, 34 RES
vs Veronica - Deal 10, Recieve 20
Kills Blue Mage
Kills Troubadour

Minimum Speed: 23 (Xander), 25 (Veronica)