High Resolution Screens + Artwork

VincentASM

In case you didn't see the artwork or want them in higher resolution.

>>> Ta-da! <<<

heroes-sakura-screen-med.jpg

I've been running around all over the place, so I kinda missed the discussion about the artwork. Any thoughts?

Or does anyone have any interesting uses for the artwork? I bet they would be fantastic for wallpapers ^^

I like a lot of the artwork we saw! I just wish we'd gotten to see Ike other than in that cover art with a bunch of lords. He looks pretty good and with a bit more muscle than his usual PoR self does though! <3

Though oddly, he's wielding Ragnell... Ranger Ike never could use it. It would've made more sense for that to be RD Ike or Lord Ike. Oh well. Brawl did it and nobody really complained, so it's cool. :P

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Or does anyone have any interesting uses for the artwork? I bet they would be fantastic for wallpapers ^^

Member badges? (Not sure if they're gone forever in the update)

Roy seems to be a younger version of his Smash 4 design, which I'm cool with, since that rectifies my only real problem with that design (he didn't look like he was supposed to be 15).

Also the slight cat smile is adorable tbh

Anyway, yeah, the sprites are adorable and the art is pretty!  I can't wait to see Wolt's new OA~

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Okay, Shareena's design-- just ugh. Isn't the point of modesty shorts, well, modesty? They're so obscenely tight... just... look:

Heroes-Shareena-B.jpg

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees it.

In other news, the art's a real mixed bag. What we have looks decent to good, but a lot of what I saw in the direct suggested that half the female characters will look generically moe in the face.

Edited by The DanMan

There's also battle damage variants of the characters' portraits, Vincent. Battle damage as in clothing damage (not to the same extent that Senran Kagura or Fire Emblem Fates would go though). Just wait a bit when viewing the character artwork slides.

...I genuinely have no idea what Intelligent Systems was thinking when they said "Let's add ecchi to our Nintendo game!" This is coming from someone who watches and plays a metric ton of ecchi. 

12 hours ago, Limstella said:

Member badges? (Not sure if they're gone forever in the update)

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that since I've been swamped with work lately.

Er, I can make member badges with artwork a tenth of the size, but sure XD

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's also battle damage variants of the characters' portraits, Vincent. Battle damage as in clothing damage (not to the same extent that Senran Kagura or Fire Emblem Fates would go though). Just wait a bit when viewing the character artwork slides.

Yup, I know. I don't have those in high res though. Probably for the best XD

12 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Roy seems to be a younger version of his Smash 4 design, which I'm cool with, since that rectifies my only real problem with that design (he didn't look like he was supposed to be 15).

You can probably attribute that to the artist's style.

If my trained eyes don't fool me, Roy's artist is BUNBUN/abec.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:10 PM, The DanMan said:

Okay, Shareena's design-- just ugh. Isn't the point of modesty shorts, well, modesty? They're so obscenely tight... just... look:

Hide contents

Heroes-Shareena-B.jpg

Oh god, wtf Kozaki...

Reveal hidden contents

Heroes-Shareena-B.jpg

I'm going to give whoever designed this the benefit of the doubt and assume that isn't what they were going for in the design and it's just an unfortunate but otherwise completely accidental thing that happened.

In other news, the art's a real mixed bag. What we have looks decent to good, but a lot of what I saw in the direct suggested that half the female characters will look generically moe in the face.

I dunno if moe is quite the right word because moe is as much about personality as it is about art style, but they're definitely drawing the faces softer and with larger eyes than the original games' artwork. 

Edited by AzureSen

Yeah, I rather doubt it was intentional as well given Kozaki's unofficial FE art being pretty modest and stuff (he drew Camilla in pants and a shirt that's not at all revealing). But it's still just...ew. Pay more attention next time, dude.

Edited by Anacybele