Poll Results Update - Current Top 20 of each gender

BANRYU

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, we don't know how many people voted for Donnel because of Etika, so we can't say he's no.10 on that list because of him. Donnel might have been no.11, 12 or not even on the list without his 'help', but we can't know for certain. Also, the people who voted for Donnel because of him might even like him. Some of them probably don't even care and just want to support Etika because they like him. Either way, there's nothing you can really do against it, so there's no point in worrying about it. A lot of people on this site are also advertising their favorites, we just don't have as big as an audience.

Very pleased one of my favorite characters of all time (PoR Ike) is so popular! For an obscure little fire emblem on the game cube of all things it sure is doing pretty well for itself...at least, the main lord is doing very well currently. It'd be nuts if both versions of Ike were 1 and 2 in the polls. That'd be insane!

2 hours ago, Thane said:

This is just random speculation. How many of those views were people who just clicked on the video and then left? How many people are actually fans of Etika? How many people just wanted to see his reaction and nothing else? You're being absolutely ridiculous.

Then I'll ask you the same question, prove me that Etika has absolutely no role in this. And apparently, I'm the not the only one who thinks so. And I already told you he isn't the only reason. People might have voted for Donnel, or without following that, so he might have ended behind. You're claiming that I said something I didn't. You know, there's a difference between being the only reason and being a factor. There's something between 0 and 100%...

2 hours ago, Thane said:

There are also a lot of people who vote for the same character over and over again. If you go to Reddit you'll see people campaigning for Lyn just so she can stay ahead of Lucina; isn't that influencing the fanbase? Why is that acceptable but Etika's presumed influence is not? 

If you looked in another topic, I already said that Nintendo should'nt have released the results to avoid that.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

So because Henry appears in some fan art, he should be ahead of Donnel, is that what you're saying? 

Also, are you okay with Dorcas being in here because he's essentially a meme? It's beginning to sound like you're just salty over the results more than anything else.

Do you even read what I write? Takumi's probably here too because of his jokes and memes, I see nothing wrong with that. Same for Dorcas, even if he's "only" 18th. Henry is very popular in Awakening, because he's a troll and a funny character, so he triggered a lot of fan-stuff. This is a result of his popularity. Not the contrary as you're trying to imply.

I'm not salty about the results. They were pretty much what I expected: 

I foresee something like this:

Lyn, Lucina, Ike, Robin, Chrom, MOTE Marth, Roy, Female Robin, Eliwood, Hector, SD Marth, RD Ike, Erika, Ephraim, Elincia, etc.

I have no idea where Corrin is. He/She appears in Smash, but wasn't welcome by the audience, was seen as broken before the update (Counter), but was still easy to play so a lot of persons still used him/her. And he/she's not very popular inside of the core FE community, which is a small part of the audience. One version is probably placed in the 20 most popular though. Probably the female one who was first in the Japanese popularity poll.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

So these are all facts? Then you should be able to present some proof that it's only because of Etika Donnel is in the top 10. Keep in mind Etika also mentioned he wants to see all his waifus in the game - that's what he's (in)famous for - so why don't the fans do the same if they're just drones who follow his orders? 

Same as above. Prove me it doesn't have any influence. Don't know who he married, but he probably married popular characters (Tharja, Camilla), so they were already in the poll anyway.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

So? You still complained about an entertainer playing poorly and that people were watching him in spite of that; how does that not make you sound elitist?

Coming from you, yes, it kinda is ironical. 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

The Fire Emblem community has horrible taste in women. They only care about what they see rather than their personality.

Also, the only reason Donnel, Dorcas, Takumi, Felica, and Lute are on the list is because our community is filled with memelords.

Although, I do like Dorcas and Lute as characters.

P.S: Vote for Canas.

Edited by Canas

OK, while I do consider Etika a contributing factor for Donnel's being in the top 10, we can't ignore the fact that lots of casual players, new fans, etc., consider Donnel a "god" unit in Awakening, even when it's proven that Donnel has poor bases and lackluster stat mods, starts with a weapon rank that would be useless when he reclasses, and is largely a liability on higher difficulties.

6 minutes ago, Canas said:

The Fire Emblem community has horrible taste in women. They only care about what they see rather than their personality.

Better Lyn than Lucina, Tharja, Camilla, or female Corrin in my honest opinion.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

OK, while I do consider Etika a contributing factor for Donnel's being in the top 10, we can't ignore the fact that lots of casual players, new fans, etc., consider Donnel a "god" unit in Awakening, even when it's proven that Donnel has poor bases and lackluster stat mods, starts with a weapon rank that would be useless when he reclasses, and is largely a liability on higher difficulties.

Better Lyn than Lucina, Tharja, Camilla, or female Corrin in my honest opinion.

I've no problem with Lyn. She's not blatant fanservice.

11 hours ago, UdoGudo said:

Donnel #10 are u serious? Was he always this popular?

At least Hector is number 3 and Micaiah beat F!Robin.

Donnel isn't popular for any reason besides the fact that he's a joke. (And that Etika sent his drones to spam votes for him)

This makes me feel sorry for Eliwood.  He's literally the only Western-released lord not in one of the lists, with Lyn being female 1, Hector male 3, Eirika being girl 6, Ephraim male 7, PoR Ike being male 1, Micaiah being female 9, RD Ike being male 5, SD Marth being male 6, Chrom being male 4, Robin being male 8 and female 10, Lucina being female 2, and Corrin being male 19 and female 5.

Even Dorcas appears, poor Eliwood.  It's okay, you're still best FE7 lord for me!  I didn't even know Dorcas was that liked, I never see people talk about him... anywhere really.

Anyway, it's cool that Roy is high, I'd like him to be able to get first and get the costume.  He's in a tie for my favorite lord.  Micaiah and Eirika are also nice to see do well, since Micaiah is the other half of the favorite lord tie and Eirika is right on their heels.  

On the other hand, several members of the ire squad are there, but there's not a lot I can really do about that, since I know they're popular regardless.

9 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Very pleasantly suprised that 4 Sacred Stones characters are doing are doing so well. Maybe this will change IS's mind, and show that Sacred Stones is a popular entry.

Ugh, don't even mention the guy, this might be very bitter of me, but I kinda wish he never played Fire Emblem. Usually, I don't mind fanservice(hell the characters could walk around naked and it wouldn't bother me), but Etika makes me despise fanservice. It's weird, normally fanservice doesn't bother me as I said, but something about his attitude annoys me.

Exactly. I DESPISE Etika. The very thought of him makes my blood boil. Mainly because he's brainwashed millions of people into thinking that Fire Emblem is nothing but "Waifus and Fanservice." Also, his fans are horrible. They are messing up the dang poll by voting Donnel.

Edited by Canas

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This makes me feel sorry for Eliwood.  He's literally the only Western-released lord not in one of the lists, with Lyn being female 1, Hector male 3, Eirika being girl 6, Ephraim male 7, PoR Ike being male 1, Micaiah being female 9, RD Ike being male 5, SD Marth being male 6, Chrom being male 4, Robin being male 8 and female 10, Lucina being female 2, and Corrin being male 19 and female 5.

And Elincia isn't here either :sob: If we can consider her as a Lord. I do since she has her own weapon and class and leads one of RD's armies, but I don't know for others.

latest?cb=20090820221321

2 minutes ago, Canas said:

Exactly. I DESPISE Etika. The very thought of him makes my blood boil. Mainly because he's brainwashed millions of people into thinking that Fire Emblem is nothing but "Waifus and Fanservice." Also, his fans are horrible. They are messing up the dang poll by voting Donnel.

Same. I don't find him entertaining at all as his reactions seem over the top and fake as hell...let alone """funny""". Not only that but, call me a filthy prude if you want, but I don't like lots of sexual fan service pointlessly shoved into fire emblem and that's exactly what he's INDIRECTLY pushing Nintendo to do as he and more fire emblem fans demand more sex and not much else.

Comments on the Male Poll:

Spoiler

Seeing Dorcas on here actually makes me happy. No seriously, I actually like the guy(although him beating Owain is quite a surprise. Corrin...not so much :hat:).

Yeah...kinda want Roy to be switched with someone else(Ephriam...Henry...Joshua Maybe)..

WE LIKE IKE! :D:

Comments on the Female Poll:

Spoiler

Yep, can tell what is being favored more in the Female votes(not all, but Camilla being that high tells me so. Tharja...I give a break since she has some excuses. She wears what she wears because she lived in the desert, she's obsessed with Robin due to the darkness in him[never said, but it seems very likely], she has more character then Camilla...I wish someone else was above them both, but Tharja doesn't irk me as much as Camilla being up top)

LYN...STAY WHERE YOU ARE!  DON'T. MOVE!

Micaiah needs more votes...I will help with that.:P:

I find it a crime Elincia or Jill isn't on here, but hey, gotta have some of the Waifu's up there(even though personally, Elincia and Jill beat Camilla and Tharja in both looks and personality)! Yeah, I am a bit salty about that. I guess how I voted for characters and how others voted for characters are much different

Comments on Etika:

Spoiler

Not too surprised about Eitka's influence. The guy is EVERYWHERE! Like, he's brought up a lot by many people, so if he probably gained more people via that, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the poll, he had some influence in this, no question about it. How much so? Not too sure honestly, but I'm sure it was enough to be noticeable.

I don't hate the guy, buuut...not really a fan of his...(he's an alright guy, but some of the things he does kinda mixes like water and oil with me...)

17 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Even Dorcas appears, poor Eliwood.  It's okay, you're still best FE7 lord for me!  I didn't even know Dorcas was that liked, I never see people talk about him... anywhere really.

Anyway, it's cool that Roy is high, I'd like him to be able to get first and get the costume.  He's in a tie for my favorite lord.  Micaiah and Eirika are also nice to see do well, since Micaiah is the other half of the favorite lord tie and Eirika is right on their heels.  

On the other hand, several members of the ire squad are there, but there's not a lot I can really do about that, since I know they're popular regardless.

@Glaceon Mage I know, right?! It's even worse because I never realized every Lord(for the US/EU games) are in the polls...except him! Even both versions of Robin and Corrin are on here(M.Corrin surprises me greatly...)...poor guy...:sob:

(Sorry, somehow, the quote got caught in the spoiler tag)

13 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

And Elincia isn't here Either :sob: If we can consider her as a Lord. I do since she has her own weapon and class and leads one of RD's army, but I don't know for others.

That is a crime in itself(no Jill either...WTF). And yeah,she's a lord as far as I'm concerned! 

Edited by Busterman64

10 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Same. I don't find him entertaining at all as his reactions seem over the top and fake as hell...let alone """funny""". Not only that but, call me a filthy prude if you want, but I don't like lots of sexual fan service pointlessly shoved into fire emblem and that's exactly what he's INDIRECTLY pushing Nintendo to do as he and more fire emblem fans demand more sex and not much else.

Precisely.

I legit had never heard of Etika prior to this thread. And from what I can tell from reading these comments, he really likes a member or a few of the ire squad.

So I don't think I want to know more.  Regardless of what he says, I'm sure his viewers voted as they did mainly because they too like the characters in question.  I think people were simply voting as they liked, if they didn't agree with him on the matter they wouldn't vote with him.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Fixed punctuation

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I legit had never heard of Etika prior to this thread, And from what I can tell from reading these comments he really likes a member or a few of the ire squad.

So I don't think I want to know more.  Regardless of what he says, I'm sure his viewers voted as they did mainly because they too like the characters in question.  I think people were simply voting as they liked, if they didn't agree with him on the matter they wouldn't vote with him.

Who is Etika?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who is Etika?

Some youtuber that posters above were discussing regarding his potential effect on the results of the poll.  

Never heard of him prior to this though.  From what I've gleaned from this, he's only played FE13 on, likes Donnel/Tharja and has a large viewerbase.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

13 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

No, Lyn, don't stay where you are; shoot for more votes! Don't let Lucina, Tharja, Camilla, and female Corrin catch up to you!

31 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Can't help but agree with ya. I don't hate the guy, but some of the stuff he does kinda mixes like oil and water for me.:wacko:

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I legit had never heard of Etika prior to this thread, And from what I can tell from reading these comments he really likes a member or a few of the ire squad.

He isn't COMPETELY a bad guy(at times, he can be pretty cool), but some of the stuff he kinda stands for, like I've said, mixes like water and oil for me. Hench why I'm not the biggest fan of his.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who is Etika?

Spoiler

It had to be done...watch at your own discretion...and your volume low...(again, not a bad guy, but sometimes...eh...)

*Edited Video into spoiler tag*

Edited by Busterman64

WE CAN GET HENRY ONTO THE TOP TEN! COME ON GUYS!  (AND GIRLS)

Edit: Don't hate me, but I don't like Ike. 

Edited by Tuvy

20 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Comments on the Male Poll:

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing Dorcas on here actually makes me happy. No seriously, I actually like the guy(although him beating Owain is quite a surprise. Corrin...not so much :hat:).

Yeah...kinda want Roy to be switched with someone else(Ephriam...Henry...Joshua Maybe)..

WE LIKE IKE! :D:

Comments on the Female Poll:

Reveal hidden contents

Yep, can tell what is being favored more in the Female votes(not all, but Camilla being that high tells me so. Tharja...I give a break since she has some excuses. She wears what she wears because she lived in the desert, she's obsessed with Robin due to the darkness in him[never said, but it seems very likely], she has more character then Camilla...I wish someone else was above them both, but Tharja doesn't irk me as much as Camilla being up top)

Micaiah needs more votes...I will help with that.:P:

I find it a crime Elincia or Jill isn't on here, but hey, gotta have some of the Waifu's up there(even though personally, Elincia and Jill beat Camilla and Tharja in both looks and personality)! Yeah, I am a bit salty about that. I guess how I voted for characters and how others voted for characters are much different

Comments on Etika:

Reveal hidden contents

Not too surprised about Eitka's influence. The guy is EVERYWHERE! Like, he's brought up a lot by many people, so if he probably gained more people via that, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the poll, he had some influence in this, no question about it. How much so? Not too sure honestly, but I'm sure it was enough to be noticeable.

I don't hate the guy, buuut...not really a fan of his...(he's an alright guy, but some of the things he does kinda mixes like water and oil with me...)

@Glaceon Mage I know, right?! It's even worse because I never realized every Lord(for the US/EU games) are in the polls...except him! Even both versions of Robin and Corrin are on here(M.Corrin surprises me greatly...)...poor guy...:sob:

(Sorry, somehow, the quote got caught in the spoiler tag)

That is a crime in itself(no Jill either...WTF). And yeah,she's a lord as far as I'm concerned! 

Agree with this.

I don't know what to do with the rest of my votes now.

But please post the video into Spoilers :wacko: