I started a Renais Twins hunt out of desperation at first with my last free orbs... At first a few dupes (mostly 3* characters and my 3rd 5* Seliph), then suddenly, 5* Elise, 5* Eirika, out of nowhere. So glad!!

Now, to get her brother (with the 75 orbs set... I'm so weak...)

- Started with a 5* Jakob (yay!!) , 4* Palla (dupe), 4* Adult Tiki (dupe), 3* Selena, and 3* Robin (dupe)

3* Eliwood (again),  4* Raven (dupe), 4* Stahl  (yay !!),  4* Robin (yay!!) and one last green orb for 5*Julia !! (triple yay!!)

- 3* Tiki3* Gunter4* Nino4 *Caeda (at last), 4* Catria

So far no Ephraim, so I decided I would get 20 more orbs and that this set would serve as my last pull for the month

-First the Grey orb : 3* Niles

-Then 1 Green  : 4* Cecilia

-Then 2 Reds : 3* Laslow3* Olivia

-And 1 blue orb.... All my prayers went for Ephraim.... And I GOT HIM, my 5* Ephraim !!! Now I have all the focus characters <3

Did not expected to luck out so much on this one... But I'm not going to buy or pull anything in this game ever again for a loooong long time from now on.

• Replies 28.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Raven said:

You still haven't maxed out the castle? You're missing out on so much EXP over time. It's criminal.

I'd been going for quality units over quality experience! My synergy struggles had been constant!

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

I'd been going for quality units over quality experience! My synergy struggles had been constant!

Bro . . . . . . Get your castle up right now before this 1.5 xp event ends or else I'll get it for you XD

Yesterday I got 40 orbs and decided to use 20 into trying to get the siblings... Well... It was bad luck... These what I got:

4 stars Chrom, 4 stars Hawkeye, and 3 other characters of 3 stars...

It sounded like a waste, but at least now I finally have a 4 stars axe user, so I'm keeping Hawkeye, the other 4 characters were exchanged for feathers!! Sorry Chrom, but I already have Lyn and I needed those feathers for Oboro, and now I finally 5 stars Oboro! So, at least all those orbs got an use after all

I still have 20 orbs and all the Lunatic free orb, but I'm not sure if trying another summon for the siblings again or keep saving my orbs

4 hours ago, Elieson said:

The synergy struggles sort-of solve themselves when your units are at a high enough level to Do Things.

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Yesterday I got 40 orbs and decided to use 20 into trying to get the siblings... Well... It was bad luck... These what I got:

4 stars Chrom, 4 stars Hawkeye, and 3 other characters of 3 stars...

It sounded like a waste, but at least now I finally have a 4 stars axe user, so I'm keeping Hawkeye, the other 4 characters were exchanged for feathers!! Sorry Chrom, but I already have Lyn and I needed those feathers for Oboro, and now I finally 5 stars Oboro! So, at least all those orbs got an use after all

I still have 20 orbs and all the Lunatic free orb, but I'm not sure if trying another summon for the siblings again or keep saving my orbs

Unless you really want the next banner (which is most likely the datamined one involving Hawkeye of all people), I'd YOLO it.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The synergy struggles sort-of solve themselves when your units are at a high enough level to Do Things.

Considering I lack Tacomeat and Hectornado for those sick HitEverything strats, and lack any character with a Brave weapon that I know of for BlowEverythingAway (4*Donny actually exists butttttttttnahhh not this time little one), the next best thing for me is Going Green

Just now, Elieson said:

Considering I lack Tacomeat and Hectornado for those sick HitEverything strats, and lack any character with a Brave weapon that I know of for BlowEverythingAway (4*Donny actually exists butttttttttnahhh not this time little one), the next best thing for me is Going Green

You're talking to someone whose entire FE Heroes existence is "improvise until it works".  Even if it means raising a -Atk Robin, using Virion as a counter for half of the arena, or training Matthew because I'm in desperate need of Hone Speed.

Hence why you max out the castle before pulling.  You get to see what each character does once they have some stats behind them, and you can mix-match teams.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Hence why you max out the castle before pulling.  You get to see what each character does once they have some stats behind them, and you can mix-match teams.

Hey now! for what it's worth, Free Virion (tm) for me is Lv 29

Are you interested in the next focus batch then?

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Hey now! for what it's worth, Free Virion (tm) for me is Lv 29

Are you interested in the next focus batch then?

Mine's 4* and level 40.  Apparently he's +Spd/-Res, which is why I'm able to get away with most of the shit I pull (which non +Spd would fail at, like baiting +Spd Takumi and not being doubled).

Not in the least.  Young Tiki's working fine for me, I already have Fir/Maria, and Hawkeye would compete with Raven/Camilla.  May end up grabbing a pack of orbs, because my 5* chances are pretty high ATM.

Decided to go again, what with the likely next focus, so what happened this time?

3 colourless orbs, and a red and green.

3* Cecilia, 4* Lon'qu, 3* Clarine, 3* Azama and 3* Serra.

Is Lon'qu worth using?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Decided to go again, what with the likely next focus, so what happened this time?

3 colourless orbs, and a red and green.

3* Cecilia, 4* Lon'qu, 3* Clarine, 3* Azama and 3* Serra.

Is Lon'qu worth using?

Healer rush is a go. :P:

Lon'qu hits hard, and procs often. He does his job as a red sword nuke, but he's not particularly sturdy.

13 hours ago, Luxian said:

I started a Renais Twins hunt out of desperation at first with my last free orbs... At first a few dupes (mostly 3* characters and my 3rd 5* Seliph), then suddenly, 5* Elise, 5* Eirika, out of nowhere. So glad!!

Now, to get her brother (with the 75 orbs set... I'm so weak...)

- Started with a 5* Jakob (yay!!) , 4* Palla (dupe), 4* Adult Tiki (dupe), 3* Selena, and 3* Robin (dupe)

3* Eliwood (again),  4* Raven (dupe), 4* Stahl  (yay !!),  4* Robin (yay!!) and one last green orb for 5*Julia !! (triple yay!!)

- 3* Tiki3* Gunter4* Nino4 *Caeda (at last), 4* Catria

So far no Ephraim, so I decided I would get 20 more orbs and that this set would serve as my last pull for the month

-First the Grey orb : 3* Niles

-Then 1 Green  : 4* Cecilia

-Then 2 Reds : 3* Laslow3* Olivia

-And 1 blue orb.... All my prayers went for Ephraim.... And I GOT HIM, my 5* Ephraim !!! Now I have all the focus characters <3

Did not expected to luck out so much on this one... But I'm not going to buy or pull anything in this game ever again for a loooong long time from now on.

I really want the Twins, but the game insists on giving my Jugdral characters.  At least Julia's working in Arena so far.

Has anyone tried using Seliph in Arena?  How's he work out?

Round 15 [Family Bonds]: 3* Fir (+RES, -DEF) || 3* Lon'Qu (+RES, -HP) || 3* Azama (+SPD, -RES) || 4* Niles (+SPD, -DEF) || 4* Serra (+SPD, -DEF)

Still no Erika, *cries*. However, I did end up getting some decent characters, so I can't really complain. (Someone start a "so I can't really complain" counter...)

I always wanted Fir, so getting her is nice. However, her Boon and Bane are not exactly what I am looking for. The extra RES helps with her special, but I much rather have a +ATT Fir (even though her ATT is pretty low, 36 at baseline, although the extra 25 burst from her special helps). I guess the combos I would prefer is +ATT, -HP || +ATT, -DEF || or even +ATT, -SPD (I don't need Fir to be that fast, ~36 SPD is still fine for casual play).

Lon'Qu Boon and Bane are also not that desirable, even if it is passable. Lon'Qu desperately wants +ATT to make his special more powerful (+50% to damage dealt). However, as I sorta like the guy, he may be leveled up for kicks while waiting for a proper Lon'Qu.

Azama looks good and I don't plan on him tanking magic users. He seems like a decent "defensive tank" compared to Lissa, and Pain can be useful to set up kills. I'll have to use him in order to see if he has a proper place in my roster or if he will meditate on the bench.

I may have ended up with one of the best Niles combos. He is not meant to take physical hits so the -DEF is negligible while the extra speed helps him charge up his special ability. I look forward to see how he plays out, but doesn't he have a different VA in Heroes?

I also probably ended up with one of the better Serra combos as well. She kept coming back even after Matthew persuaded me to send her home each time, and I think maybe this time she can stay. If she becomes too annoying, she can join the bench and mingle with Azama.

Overall, not a bad pull. I would have liked if Fir and Lon'Qu had better Boons & Banes (especially since I like them more than the others) but I'll make do for now. 

5 hours ago, RA Zimmerman said:

Hi all, first time here. Just started playing a few days ago and here's what I've got so far. Any good?

Screenshot_20170223-031349.png

You're joking mate. No way you pull that well after having played for "a few days". Ha ha.

How many pulls did that take you?

Edited by Big Smoke

6 hours ago, RA Zimmerman said:

Hi all, first time here. Just started playing a few days ago and here's what I've got so far. Any good?

Screenshot_20170223-031349.png

Looks solid. Takumi is really good, with a large amount thanks to his Counter ability. Julia is an anti-Dragon unit that's also really good against mages thanks to her high RES. Catria is one of the better lance users I believe, she has good skills and a 2-action Luna ability thanks to her Killer Lance. The only one I'm not too psyched about is Seliph. I have him too, but he's one of the worse Sword Lords for me personally. Anyway, looks good!

Checklist:

Anti-Dragon +1

Anti-Flier +1

Both Magic and Physical damage +1

Diverse colors +1

You're good to go =).

So happy because I finally pulled Julia recently. A bit of a bummer since she got +HP and -Atk, but I can't be chooser in this kind of thing. I'll compare whether she or Nino suits my team more.

Also got a 2nd Seliph in the same pull (-HP +Spd). I guess I should merge the previous (+HP -Res) one to the new +Spd one?

Now to save for Eliwood focus.

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

So happy because I finally pulled Julia recently. A bit of a bummer since she got +HP and -Atk, but I can't be chooser in this kind of thing. I'll compare whether she or Nino suits my team more.

Also got a 2nd Seliph in the same pull (-HP +Spd). I guess I should merge the previous (+HP -Res) one to the new +Spd one?

Now to save for Eliwood focus.

Congrats! I know the feel of having a -ATK Julia (mine is +RES), especially since it hits almost double as hard on units that have effective damage (3 less ATK = 4.5 less damage per hit). I like her a lot though, her cutesy sleepy personality reminds me of someone special to me =P.

I actually also have two Seliph's, one is +HP -RES, the other is +ATK -SPD. I might actually go for the -SPD one, since he seems to get doubled by anything regardless ;_;