"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Yeah.. transfer merge. and on top of feathers.

a form of un-merge -- would be sweet

Hypothetical:

Let's say Lyn is merged with another Lyn to make 40+1. I'm doing the Grand hero battle event My Lyn dies. This person said that his Lyn lived with 1 HP. I say "how that makes no sense". They tell me their Lyn was +Hp. Then I remember the Lyn I merged was also +HP. So I Un merge them do the hero battle, win, re-merge them and I'm back where I started. I still have my skills too

There is probably way worse I can think of but yeah stuff like this could happen which technically makes unfair to those who don't have multiple copies of the same character 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hypothetical:

Let's say Lyn is merged with another Lyn to make 40+1. I'm doing the Grand hero battle event My Lyn dies. This person said that his Lyn lived with 1 HP. I say "how that makes no sense". They tell me their Lyn was +Hp. Then I remember the Lyn I merged was also +HP. So I Un merge them do the hero battle, win, re-merge them and I'm back where I started. I still have my skills too

There is probably way worse I can think of but yeah stuff like this could happen which technically makes unfair to those who don't have multiple copies of the same character 

Make unmerge a feather thing. I doubt unmerge will happen. They probably already deleted your unit off memory. Unless they  come back at different nature and level 1.

if there's something like.. for each merge. you reduce 1/10 of the cost of feather to promote to the next level.

----

yeah icedragon. unmerge probably wont happen since your unit are gone 5evarrrrr. and is definitely broken

Edited by Ryuke

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Sure, I'll grant that there are some units out there that are 'strictly better' than others in their same niche in most cases. Sophia, for example, is probably never going to have a set that can't be theoretically run better by another unit, like Sanaki or Lilina. 

The point I was more trying to make is that there aren't any completely accurate tier lists out there that you can trust blindly. In any case, the closest (and I use this term loosely) is probably the one on the wiki, and I directed them to that :/

I'm happy to win a GHB using Sophia and now you make feel bad about not having a Hector.

Which units you think are completely and absolutely worthless?

24 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I'm happy to win a GHB using Sophia and now you make feel bad about not having a Hector.

Stahl

Peri maybe salvageable 

Fae maybe could be possibly somehow salvageable 

F robin 

Barst 

Est

Niles 

Rebbeca is a meh

Laslow is a maybe

Caeda is a maybe 

Ogma is a maybe

Raigh is meh

Virion is meh

And selena is salvageable 

I know this wasn't directed at me, but yeah. Most of these people have good skills. Some of these people need tweaking. Some of them just suck eggs

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Peri

Peri destroys worlds with the Brave Life and Death build and a single Hone Cavalry. She'll still destroy worlds without Hone Cavalry, just not quite as many.

Cain and Abel are both capable of the same build, but Peri has 1 point of Spd over Abel and 1 point each of Atk and Spd over Cain.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Peri destroys worlds with the Brave Life and Death build and a single Hone Cavalry. She'll still destroy worlds without Hone Cavalry, just not quite as many.

Cain and Abel are both capable of the same build, but Peri has 1 point of Spd over Abel and 1 point each of Atk and Spd over Cain.

That's cool

Spoiler

I still ain't taking her off the list though

25 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Just to be clear, I don't think there's such thing as a "completely and absolutely worthless" unit. Any unit, including every single one on Arcanite's little list, can be made viable with the right dedication in regards to skill inheritance and team comp. 

However, I DO think there are some units that require more investment than others to be "good". 

I won't give a complete list, but off the top of my head there are Alfonse, Florina, Henry, Laslow, Ogma, Raigh, Virion, to name a few. 

Any of these units have the potential to be "good", but it will generally take a lot more effort to make them good than a unit that already comes with good stats and/or skills like Lucina or Hector. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Personally, I don't see power creep in terms of character rarity being a thing in this game.

Plus, every Mega Wishiwashi playing this game would riot if we were told we couldn't carry over our 5-star merges on a 6-star promotion. It'd be shooting themselves in the foot with a howitzer.

It happens in a lot of gacha games. I'd be inclined to even say "it happens in mist of the popular ones", but I don't have the evidence to back that up. It takes a year or two, if not more, for those games to introduce those though, and with the sheer number of Fire Emblem characters there are available and at the pace we've been going, I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all, but not because of the reason that whales will be unhappy.

What are the best IVs for a (F)Corrin? (keep in mind Im going to give her lightning breath through inheritance, so a build for that might be good.)

Edited by Lunajack

10 minutes ago, Lunajack said:

What are the best IVs for a (F)Corrin? (keep in mind Im going to give her lightning breath through inheritance, so a build for that might be good.)

+ atk, +spd, +def/-res

Lighting breath is a waste of time on her, she has the least attack of all manaketes so don't even bother

I mean you could because she so fast but it'd be better on someone like young tiki

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

It happens in a lot of gacha games. I'd be inclined to even say "it happens in mist of the popular ones", but I don't have the evidence to back that up. It takes a year or two, if not more, for those games to introduce those though, and with the sheer number of Fire Emblem characters there are available and at the pace we've been going, I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all, but not because of the reason that whales will be unhappy.

Looking at trends isn't particularly useful unless you look at the reason those trends occur. In most gacha games that introduce higher rarity characters, the reason is typically because enemies have been power-creeped to the point where stronger player characters are both required to keep up with the top tier content as well as give players who already have powerful teams something new to work towards.

Unlike most other gacha games, though, Fire Emblem has an absolutely massive cast of characters available for it, meaning the developers aren't going to run out of new content for some time. Also, as a strategy game, it follows that enemy power creep is meant to be tackled with a wider pool of available units and better tactics rather than brute forcing with more powerful units.

I wouldn't be so quick in dismissing the response that whales would have to the introduction of a higher rarity. A gacha game at its core needs to be financially successful, and alienating its biggest sources of revenue is signing its own death sentence.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

+ atk, +spd, +def/-res

Lighting breath is a waste of time on her, she has the least attack of all manaketes so don't even bother

I mean you could because she so fast but it'd be better on someone like young tiki

Seconding this.

Lightning Breath works better on Nowi / Tiki because they actually have something called Attack when fully leveled. Dark Breath is a great breath weapon as it is, though, considering she has Hone Attack so her allies can make full use of it. Corrin is mostly a fast debuffer with some bulk by virtue of being a dragon unit, but is outdone in the "true tank" department by the aforementioned two.

That said, can't go wrong with +Spd -HP. Best stat variance for any breath user to have.

I just went from 0 to 3 Shanna, all 4*. First one is neutral, 2nd one is +Atk/-Spd, 3rd one -Atk/+Spd. I like Pegasus knights and would like to raise one of the three, possibly promoting her later to 5*. Which one would you advise to keep ? I have a few 3* and 4* duplicates units for passing her mildly useful skills, but nothing for god-like builds à la Vantage + Distant Counter.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looking at trends isn't particularly useful unless you look at the reason those trends occur. In most gacha games that introduce higher rarity characters, the reason is typically because enemies have been power-creeped to the point where stronger player characters are both required to keep up with the top tier content as well as give players who already have powerful teams something new to work towards.

Unlike most other gacha games, though, Fire Emblem has an absolutely massive cast of characters available for it, meaning the developers aren't going to run out of new content for some time. Also, as a strategy game, it follows that enemy power creep is meant to be tackled with a wider pool of available units and better tactics rather than brute forcing with more powerful units.

I wouldn't be so quick in dismissing the response that whales would have to the introduction of a higher rarity. A gacha game at its core needs to be financially successful, and alienating its biggest sources of revenue is signing its own death sentence.

The game hasn't been out for that long, so there's no reason for a powercreep to happen here yet. I very much see them adding stronger enemies in GHB's and introducing newer characters with higher stats and better skills to take them down. It's still a strategy game even if obtaining newer characters makes downing those bosses easier, meaning they can't just brute force their way through there, but makes you have more options. If you already have a strong collection of units and all units have sort of the same powerstrength, there's little reason to pull for new ones unless you're a collector, a fan, or if those new characters have some very interesting skills. Just so you know, I'm not talking about powercreep happening in weeks or a couple months, but gradually over a year or two or three.

It's not that I underestimate the worth of whales to this game, they are very valuable. If they introduced 6 star units right now, ofcourse they'll be angry, rightly so. But I'm talking over the course of years and there are different kinds of whales. Some whale on one banner to get +10's of units to get ranked high and keep it with that. Some whales want atleast one of every unit and some want a +10 of a lot of units. There's probably more reasons than this aswell that I'm overlooking. But for the first whale, since he'll only whale on one or two banners, they won't be making much cash of him anyway, so they have little to lose there. If anything, he'll do another whale session for 6* units. For the ones that are collecting or want multiple units of +10, if they keep whaling over the course of years, is that really going to stop them if after such a long time, they start adding 6* units? Especially if they do it gradually? I really doubt it...

*I would write more, but my bath is getting cold and my phone is running out of battery >.<.

42 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

+ atk, +spd, +def/-res

alrighty, thanks for the info. <3

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

It's not that I underestimate the worth of whales to this game, they are very valuable. If they introduced 6 star units right now, ofcourse they'll be angry, rightly so. But I'm talking over the course of years and there are different kinds of whales. Some whale on one banner to get +10's of units to get ranked high and keep it with that. Some whales want atleast one of every unit and some want a +10 of a lot of units. There's probably more reasons than this aswell that I'm overlooking. But for the first whale, since he'll only whale on one or two banners, they won't be making much cash of him anyway, so they have little to lose there. If anything, he'll do another whale session for 6* units. For the ones that are collecting or want multiple units of +10, if they keep whaling over the course of years, is that really going to stop them if after such a long time, they start adding 6* units? Especially if they do it gradually? I really doubt it...

Here's the problem:

Let's say sometime down the line 6-star units are implemented, and we have the current game system plus what we know is coming in the April update.

A whale who has played for the year or so since then will likely have a literal army of +10 merged 5-star units. I know I'm accruing them at a decent pace of about 4 or so each month. A 5-star exclusive character that has never been in a focus set is worth about $700 in pulls (if you get the wrong 5-star character, the money associated with that pull counts towards that character and not towards this character).

The moment 6-star promotion is implemented, if it doesn't come with a way to keep the merges intact when promoting, that's not only $650 wasted losing your merge levels on promotion, but also at least another $650 (and that's assuming 6-star characters have the same pull rate as 5-star characters) to replace the lost merge levels. I don't know how you feel about the price tag of $1,300 to promote a +10 unit to 6-stars, but I don't think most whales will take that quietly sitting down.

Actually, now that I think of it, this situation is equally as insulting to free-to-play or occasional-spending players. After a year or so of playing, one would assume that even a free-to-play player would be able to obtain at least a few somewhat merged (+1 through +5) 5-star characters in that time. You'd end up having to decide whether you want to keep your current merged 5-star or lose the merges promoting to 6-star.

Worse, it's entirely feasible to in the course of a year's time promote enough 4-star (or lower) characters to 5-star characters using the feathers from weekly arena wins to obtain at least one +10 5-star unit. How would you feel knowing that all that work was for naught when you gain the means of promoting that unit up to 6 stars?

My main point here is not that 6-star rarity is not a possibility, but that (1) it's a very long ways off and (2) it would be impossible to implement it without changes to the system to avoid trampling on their player base. If 6-star rarity is ever made to be a thing, the developers must have a reasonable way of keeping your merge levels intact when promoting from a 5-star.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I got a spare Frederick, and I was wondering who could use his Luna better, Cherche or Spring Lucina.

Neither units have a cooldown count - 1 or brave weapon.  This is going to hurt is usefulness in arena. 

I would say Spring Lucina because she will double more often making Luna trigger more often.  Though Cherche is best used with a brave weapon so if you can get one on her then Luna would be good on her as well.

Edited by Lushen

28 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Neither units have a cooldown count - 1 or brave weapon.  This is going to hurt is usefulness in arena. 

I would say Spring Lucina because she will double more often making Luna trigger more often.  Though Cherche is best used with a brave weapon so if you can get one on her then Luna would be good on her as well.

I'm not sure if giving her a regular brave ax would be effective, and I don't have a + one to spare.

But I've already give Spring Lucina Glowing Ember (I had an excess of low star Robins) and Luna has one less cool down already.

Lucina it is I suppose.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My main point here is not that 6-star rarity is not a possibility, but that (1) it's a very long ways off and (2) it would be impossible to implement it without changes to the system to avoid trampling on their player base. If 6-star rarity is ever made to be a thing, the developers must have a reasonable way of keeping your merge levels intact when promoting from a 5-star.

My sole point was exactly this, that six star units are a posibility after a while/years. That's the exact thing I was refering to when I qouted you in the first place. How they will do it, I don't know. They could indeed put limitations, like that you need to have a 5 star merged with +10 for it to be possible to 6* for example.

5 minutes ago, Birdy said:

My sole point was exactly this, that six star units are a posibility after a while/years. That's the exact thing I was refering to when I qouted you in the first place. How they will do it, I don't know. They could indeed put limitations, like that you need to have a 5 star merged with +10 for it to be possible to 6* for example.

A 6-star would have to be significantly better than a 5-star to make it worth giving up a +10 5-star for a +0 6-star in any capacity, though, even more so if 6-star characters can be naturally pulled.

The problem with that is that "significantly better" would completely destroy the balance that this game currently has. An enjoyable game based almost exclusively on horizontal progression cannot afford to have "significantly better" exist at all because "significantly better" disincentivizes horizontal progression.

As much as it is a development possibility, I don't see it being feasible to incorporate into this game, even in two or three years' time.

This should be the right place for asking character questions, right?

I've been wondering if anyone has found Rebecca's niche. I have two of her now, so I figured that's a sign to try and use her, especially since I don't have many archers. Despite the "Mehbecca" nickname, her stats aren't terrible overall. She's pretty speedy. But both of mine are -ATK with either RES or HP as the boon. Not the most ideal thing in the world, but it can be worked around. The wiki suggests she works well with Ardent Sacrifice and Desperation. I'd probably need to stick her on a team with someone that has Rally or Hone Attack to make her player phase more effective, but I'm open to any other ideas someone might have tried out!

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This should be the right place for asking character questions, right?

I've been wondering if anyone has found Rebecca's niche. I have two of her now, so I figured that's a sign to try and use her, especially since I don't have many archers. Despite the "Mehbecca" nickname, her stats aren't terrible overall. She's pretty speedy. But both of mine are -ATK with either RES or HP as the boon. Not the most ideal thing in the world, but it can be worked around. The wiki suggests she works well with Ardent Sacrifice and Desperation. I'd probably need to stick her on a team with someone that has Rally or Hone Attack to make her player phase more effective, but I'm open to any other ideas someone might have tried out!

Her niche is the fact that she has darting blow and some pretty xexy speed. Her attack is "meh" hence the name, but one thing you can try is inheriting poison strike 3 on her for extra damage. That wiki suggestion that says she works well with desperation doesn't quite hit the mark for me. She would be able to double instantly but with an attack bane, you're not gonna get too far with that, unless you're fighting a mage. I think the assist should wither be reposition, swap, or smite so this way she can help your units move if she doesn't do anything else that turn.

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Her niche is the fact that she has darting blow and some pretty xexy speed. Her attack is "meh" hence the name, but one thing you can try is inheriting poison strike 3 on her for extra damage. That wiki suggestion that says she works well with desperation doesn't quite hit the mark for me. She would be able to double instantly but with an attack bane, you're not gonna get too far with that, unless you're fighting a mage. I think the assist should wither be reposition, swap, or smite so this way she can help your units move if she doesn't do anything else that turn.

I actually really like that idea. I'm not sure I can make her into a great Arena unit, but with her mediocre ATK and poison strike, she'd be pretty good at helping weaker units grind in the Tower. That build kind of makes her sound like Azama.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That build kind of makes her sound like Azama.

Heh you're right

Archers in arena are slowly but surely tapering off into the distance so think twice about putting her in there.

Glad to know I can help ;)