"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I have a +HP/-Res Cordelia. I remember hearing she's actually pretty good and I'm in the process of training her up alongside a bunch of other units, but I also remember hearing she really wants some skills that aren't Triangle Adept & Pass (which I wouldn't give her anyway, probably). She'll probably be put into my Flying team which right now is just Catria, Ceada, Est (Cordelia would absolutely replace her in a heartbeat probably), and then some axes that are rotated in on whimsy (Camilla, Narcian, Cherche, Michalis) if that matters any.

This is just my take on things, but right now you have Caeda (blessed with res and speed) a Catria (low kill potential, but defensive especially if you kept Armored blow.) and Est (Best kill potential, very atk heavy.) That seems quite balanced.

Cordelia does bring with her quadrupling potential, so I would consider if anything Darting blow(?) a lower cooldown special like moonbow, and re position/drawback depending on what other green skills you already run.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

Will fortify and  Ward skills stack, since one is a solid stat boost and the others just "during combat"?

Also, will "during combat" bonuses be calculated in the in-game match up screen when im selecting who to attack

Yes, Fortify stacks with Ward. The only buffs that do not stack are out-of-battle buffs with the same out-of-battle buffs.

The match-up forecast takes into account absolutely everything. EDIT: Except after-combat effects, I believe.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

This is just my take on things, but right now you have Caeda (blessed with res and speed) a Catria (low kill potential, but defensive especially if you kept Armored blow.) and Est (Best kill potential, very atk heavy.) That seems quite balanced.

Cordelia does bring with her quadrupling potential, so I would consider if anything Darting blow(?) a lower cooldown special like moonbow, and re position/drawback depending on what other green skills you already run.

My Est has good attack. I thiiiink mine might have +attack, but I haven't checked the exact numbers but she dies to a stiff breeze (-def, I'm pretty sure) which wouldn't be as much of trouble if she would double but she doesn't. Ceada does too but she's my only Caeda and she has the defensive flight skill so I'm stuck with her.

My flight team in general just lacks solid kill power. They continually run into walls of defense & hp that they need multiple turns to chip through (exception being mages (unless they have boost are are holding excalibur) for Est if she can activate her defiant res skill, then she tanks forever). The axes typically have more power but not ENOUGH power or speed to finish the job, but I usually send them at the high defense targets the others cant hit. Long term, I eventually want to promote Palla can get her into the team for Goad Fliers, but that's on the backburner

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

My Est has good attack. I thiiiink mine might have +attack, but I haven't checked the exact numbers but she dies to a stiff breeze (-def, I'm pretty sure) which wouldn't be as much of trouble if she would double but she doesn't.

They continually run into walls of defense & hp that they need multiple turns to chip through (exception being mages (unless they have boost are are holding excalibur) for Est if she can activate her defiant res skill, then she tanks forever).

Maybe Brave Lance Est, and for getting through defense walls wait until we get another flying mage? Though I understand that could potentially be far in the distance, that seems like the best build for you.

Not that Cordelias bad at all. With the right skills, most units are viable in theme fights. (Cordelias fine without the right skills too)I should say though, if we're going Flying team, maybe a Lotes Shield if you have it.

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

The axes typically have more power but not ENOUGH power or speed to finish the job, but I usually send them at the high defense targets the others cant hit. Long term, I eventually want to promote Palla can get her into the team for Goad Fliers, but that's on the backburner

Theres going to be 3k feathers coming to us soon due to Omikuji, PLUS the mage Gauntlet, so maybe dont put it too far back on the backburner.

I find overall the best thing to do and the hardest when you want to teambuild is patience. The games constantly changing, and so are our options and opportunities.

Edited by rockocalypse

So, after ages of running a +Atk/-Res Nino (well...by "ages" I mean since around the Ursula GHB), I've ended up pulling a +Spd/-Def variant. I see all over the place that this is her "best" combination (I've gotten some pretty great utility out of +Atk/-Res, tbh), and I'm basically wondering whether it's good enough to merit making the rather large paradigm shift from Fury/Vantage to Fury/Desperation. I'm definitely not doing the Life and Death/Desperation route, because 1) ew promotion costs, 2) I kinda like Draw Back, and 3) her ability to eat two max-Atk (excluding Goad) Reinhardt shots to the face and not even care is kinda funny.

Doubly large paradigm shift since I'm preeetty sure I'd have to switch Nowi to Azura (not that that's a bad thing, it's just different), and would basically change my team from mostly EP-focused to mostly PP-focused. I could probably handle it (practicing with a Linde right now, since my Arena streak is good to go for the week), just wondering about people's experiences with that particular build...ex. What do you have trouble with, if anything? Anything notable that you go up against and say "lol free win"? Stuff like that...I'd like to avoid switching and subsequently realizing that it's not working out =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

7 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

Maybe Brave Lance Est, and for getting through defense walls wait until we get another flying mage? Though I understand that could potentially be far in the distance, that seems like the best build for you.

Not that Cordelias bad at all. With the right skills, most units are viable in theme fights. (Cordelias fine without the right skills too)I should say though, if we're going Flying team, maybe a Lotes Shield if you have it.

Theres going to be 3k feathers coming to us soon due to Omikuji, PLUS the mage Gauntlet, so maybe dont put it too far back on the backburner.

I find overall the best thing to do and the hardest when you want to teambuild is patience. The games constantly changing, and so are our options and opportunities.

Part of the issue for me is I'm juggling a bunch of units and have half a dozen plans going because everything in this game is a long term project. Palla's on the backburnder because I want Reinhardt to promote, but that's still 11,000 feathers away. Cordelia would ideally be able to slip into the team pretty nice sooner than others would and it means I can better prioritize who I sacrifice & who to keep an eye out on for future pulls. See also: my immediate questions a few days ago about maximising Olwen & Reinhardt once I pulled them

I do have a spare Michalis for Iote's Shield, incidentally. But that's another 2000 feather promotion for a skill and there's a lot of those both for general use and skills  for other, better units.

I need to make a spread sheet, eventually. Lots of people want Dragon Fangs, Lunas, Triangle Adept, etc 

So I'm finally starting to build my Horse Emblem team more seriously. I currently have a team of Reinhardt/Cecilia/Eldigan/Xander planned (with *asterisks indicating skills that I haven't inherited on to the character yet):

Spoiler

Reinhardt
Weapon: Dire Thunder
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura*

Passive A: Death Blow 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2/Wings of Mercy 3*
Passive C: Goad Cavalry

Cecilia
Weapon: Gronnraven+
Assist: Rally Resistance/Reciprocal Aid*
Special: Iceberg*/Glacies*/Moonbow*

Passive A: Triangle Adept 3*
Passive B: Escape Route 3
Passive C: Hone Cavalry*

Eldigan
Weapon: Mystletainn
Assist: Reposition
Special: Moonbow

Passive A: Fury 3
Passive C: Fortify Cavalry*

Xander
Weapon: Siegfried
Assist: Swap*
Special: Bonfire*

Passive A: ???
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2*

My main question here is Xander. I'm pretty sure about Quick Riposte and Bonfire, but I'm conflicted on his A-skill. I'm out of Death Blow and Fury fodder, but I don't like Armored Blow on him. I'm considering Triangle Adept so he can better tank and kill green mages (i.e. Reinhardt's bane), but his Res is pretty pitiful so I'm not sure how good an idea that'll be, especially with Cecilia on the squad to bait the mages anyway even if she can't kill. Plus I only have 2 Roys and would prefer to keep my good one (+ATK -HP).

How should I build Xander to make the best use of him on this team?

Other minor questions:

1. Leave QR2 on Reinhardt, or give him WoM or Lancebreaker 2? (I have no Narcians, but plenty of Arthurs.) Other B-skill recommendations are appreciated too.
  2. Iceberg, Glacies or Moonbow on Cecilia?
  3. If I want to work Camus into the team when he comes out, who should he replace, Xander or Eldigan?

Thanks in advance!

28 minutes ago, azurrys said:

So I'm finally starting to build my Horse Emblem team more seriously. I currently have a team of Reinhardt/Cecilia/Eldigan/Xander planned (with *asterisks indicating skills that I haven't inherited on to the character yet):

Hide contents

Reinhardt
Weapon: Dire Thunder
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura*

Passive A: Death Blow 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2/Wings of Mercy 3*
Passive C: Goad Cavalry

Cecilia
Weapon: Gronnraven+
Assist: Rally Resistance/Reciprocal Aid*
Special: Iceberg*/Glacies*/Moonbow*

Passive A: Triangle Adept 3*

Eldigan
Weapon: Mystletainn
Assist: Reposition
Special: Moonbow

Passive A: Fury 3
Passive C: Fortify Cavalry*

Xander
Weapon: Siegfried
Assist: Swap*
Special: Bonfire*

Passive A: ???
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2*

My main question here is Xander. I'm pretty sure about Quick Riposte and Bonfire, but I'm conflicted on his A-skill. I'm out of Death Blow and Fury fodder, but I don't like Armored Blow on him. I'm considering Triangle Adept so he can better tank and kill green mages (i.e. Reinhardt's bane), but his Res is pretty pitiful so I'm not sure how good an idea that'll be, especially with Cecilia on the squad to bait the mages anyway even if she can't kill. Plus I only have 2 Roys and would prefer to keep my good one (+ATK -HP).

How should I build Xander to make the best use of him on this team?

Other minor questions:

1. Leave QR2 on Reinhardt, or give him WoM or Lancebreaker 2? (I have no Narcians, but plenty of Arthurs.) Other B-skill recommendations are appreciated too.
  2. Iceberg, Glacies or Moonbow on Cecilia?
  3. If I want to work Camus into the team when he comes out, who should he replace, Xander or Eldigan?

Thanks in advance!

If Fury isn't an option, go for something like Atk/Def +3 if possible. Triangle Adept is perfectly serviceable though.

1. QR2. He's mobile enough that WoM is wasted and Lancebreaker is only good for +Res/Res-buffed Effie or Azura, which you should use Cecilia for anyway.

2. Moonbow. Charge-up is perfect and the damage is good for most cases.

3. Replace Eldigan. Xander is better then him in every way except for Res-tanking, and comparing the two in that regard is like comparing shit to shit that's been coloured gold.

Edited by Mortarion

A few questions:

Is it true that any skills known by a character will be inherited to the next if they are merged? Would a brave lance known by a 4* Effie automatically be learned if she is merged into a 5* Effie?

Is there a program people use to see which characters a certain character can defeat? Like, "if my character does 61 damage, it can defeat all characters except for _________" I've been looking at the wiki to manually check the stats for common threats but I'm wondering if there is a more convenient way of quickly checking and comparing the enemy stats.

Team building question. I'm building an armor team that currently has Hector/Effie/Zephiel/Ninian. Who would be the best recipients for Hone/Fortify/Ward/Goad armor? Hector is the only one who can do Goad Armor but I could also give him a different skill. The 3 armor + dancer set up is working well so far but it does require skipping out on one of the armor buffs. Which buff is the least important for this team?

17 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

If Fury isn't an option, go for something like Atk/Def +3 if possible. Triangle Adept is perfectly serviceable though.

1. QR2. He's mobile enough that WoM is wasted and Lancebreaker is only good for +Res/Res-buffed Effie or Azura, which you should use Cecilia for anyway.

2. Moonbow. Charge-up is perfect and the damage is good for most cases.

3. Replace Eldigan. Xander is better then him in every way except for Res-tanking, and comparing the two in that regard is like comparing shit to shit that's been coloured gold.

Thank you for the help! I have a spare Stahl, so I'll shove Def +3 on Xander and call it a day until Hinata comes by again.

I was thinking Lancebreaker on Reinhardt just so he wouldn't get doubled by Lances, which gives him a bit more flexibility to run into their range. Still, securing counter-kills on the mages and archers that don't one-round him has been nice so far. A little disappointed about replacing Eldigan (though I was kind of expecting that) since I've invested a lot into him but ehh, I'll find other uses for him. Nice analogy though, that made me laugh.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Is there a program people use to see which characters a certain character can defeat? Like, "if my character does 61 damage, it can defeat all characters except for _________" I've been looking at the wiki to manually check the stats for common threats but I'm wondering if there is a more convenient way of quickly checking and comparing the enemy stats.

I personally use this mass battle simulator. I think there are others out there; this just happens to be the one I use.

Edited by azurrys

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

A few questions:

Is it true that any skills known by a character will be inherited to the next if they are merged? Would a brave lance known by a 4* Effie automatically be learned if she is merged into a 5* Effie?

Team building question. I'm building an armor team that currently has Hector/Effie/Zephiel/Ninian. Who would be the best recipients for Hone/Fortify/Ward/Goad armor? Hector is the only one who can do Goad Armor but I could also give him a different skill. The 3 armor + dancer set up is working well so far but it does require skipping out on one of the armor buffs. Which buff is the least important for this team?

Fight Calculators:

http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Re: Merge inheritance

Merged units learn all the potentials from the sacrifice, and have them 'learned' as well if the sacrifice had them learned. Edit: To answer your question, yes, although 5* Effie knows Brave Lance already.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Thank you for the help! I have a spare Stahl, so I'll shove Def +3 on Xander and call it a day until Hinata comes by again.

I was thinking Lancebreaker on Reinhardt just so he wouldn't get doubled by Lances, which gives him a bit more flexibility to run into their range. Still, securing counter-kills on the mages and archers that don't one-round him has been nice so far. A little disappointed about replacing Eldigan (though I was kind of expecting that) since I've invested a lot into him but ehh, I'll find other uses for him. Nice analogy though, that made me laugh.

I personally use this mass battle simulator. I think there are others out there; this just happens to be the one I use.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Fight Calculators:

http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Re: Merge inheritance

Merged units learn all the potentials from the sacrifice, and have them 'learned' as well if the sacrifice had them learned. Edit: To answer your question, yes, although 5* Effie knows Brave Lance already.

Thanks you two. Although Effie naturally has Silver Lance + as her weapon.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

...My 5* Effie has Silver Lance+. Does she go from Brave Lance to Silver Lance+?

Just now, DehNutCase said:

...I have no idea why I thought she had the Brave Lance tree.

It's a semi popular build from what I've seen. No shame there.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Nope, I just derped, is all.

Quite fine. I would've doubted myself, but Effie was my first 5*, so I can be fairly positive I didn't inherit a different lance to her.

That, and I've never inherited a + using a pull, too, I suppose.

Ok so I got Arthur with five gold stars...what does that mean?

Also I'm not clear on what these stars mean...what are they and how can you get better stars with that same unit?

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

Ok so I got Arthur with five gold stars...what does that mean?

Also I'm not clear on what these stars mean...what are they and how can you get better stars with that same unit?

It's called rarity and measures from one to five stars. Rarity defines stats and available skills.

You can increase rarity by using feathers and badges (4⋆ to 5⋆ is extremely costly at 20,000 feathers though).

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

My personal preference is Ward Armor on all members, but that assumes you're running Quick Riposte and Bonfire to one-round kill everything that attacks you.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My personal preference is Ward Armor on all members, but that assumes you're running Quick Riposte and Bonfire to one-round kill everything that attacks you.

Only two Ward Armors and no (lv 3) Quick Riposte or Bonfire to spare, unfortunately.

Edit: i did more calcs and +10 atk and speed on fury xander give him the most survivability.  So goad hone hone is quite strong and hone goad goad also amazing!

@Astellius  I saw no one answered u about this and I'm in the same dilemma.  First off Gunter is just a bad unit with one of the best kills in the game to pass.  Replacing Reins C is good for blade mage partner BUT Goad is a strong skill unique to him and allows speed stacking that Cecilia sometimes needs.  I also run TA Raven Celelia because it adds more utility to the team by blocking the dangerous ranged brave users.  Rein is already erasing 99% of the field on my turn any how.   I'm using Ward on Cecilia with her Rally res to help Rein and Xander bait red mages, the biggest weakness to this team.  Hone on Xander, despite him quite enjoying this buff, his speed is still bad and the other two need it for engaging.  

Then if u want to go full quad Cavalry the fourth will take the Fortify.  Clarine is a bonus hero and probably the best healer so she is under consideration.  Fortify just probably isn't necessary as a blade Cecilia with a single hone adding 18 Dmg is already bonkers and goad can ensure doubles so potentially 8 more dmg, giving her similar coverage.

It is also highly common to run two units with Hone so every one gets the best buff.  So you can just leave Goad on Rein and put Hone on both cecilia and Xander. 

15 hours ago, Astellius said:
Spoiler

With the addition of Xander to my Horse Emblem crew, I'm wondering who should have which horse skills to optimize the horseplay. Right now, the team consists of 5-star Reinhardt, and 4-star Xander, Cecilia w/Gronnblade fighting action, and Gunter. Xander is up next for promotion (he's gotta get dat cray Siegfried), followed by Cecilia. I'm not sure if Gunter's a permanent member of the team, but he works fine as it is. The alternatives I have (or can make) are Abel, Jagen, Priscilla, or, idk, Ursula w/Blarblade. I think I have a 3-star Frederick too.

Here's what's on the table to work with. I have one Jagen to pass on Fortify Cavalry, a few spare Gunter's for Hone Cavalry, and a spare Eliwood for Ward Cavalry. Gunter comes with Hone Cavalry, I see no point in changing that on him. But what should the others have?

This is what I'm thinking. Since Cecilia luvs the buffs for her blade, it wouldn't make sense to put Fortify on her, which leaves either Reinhardt or Xander. Right now, I think that it should go on Reinhardt (over his native Goad Cavalry), because Reinhardt shouldn't be getting hit, and Xander's place is on the front lines. I'm thinking that Cecilia should get Ward Cavalry, because she should be behind Gunter and Xander. This leaves Hone Cavalry for Xander.

Thoughts on this configuration?

Edited by Chromatone
More calculations!

@NekoKnight That was a surprisingly difficult question to think about. I definitely wouldn't put any of those on Hector, since he wants Threaten Atk more than anything to run full tank sets. If you have two Ward Armours, give them to Zephiel and Effie. If you have both options, I'd put Hone/Goad on Effie and have Zephiel keep Ward/Fortify. The Spd boost is wasted on Effie who already has Wary Fighter and the Spd buff when stacked with Life or Death can prevent Zephiel from getting doubled by everyone's crippled asthmatic grandmother.

Edited by Mortarion

18 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

I definitely wouldn't put any of those on Hector, since he wants Threaten Atk more than anything to run full tank sets.

I'm not seeing how Threaten Atk helps with anything considering the most threatening enemies will be moving to attack from outside Threaten Atk's range. Mages that are in range for Threaten Atk at the beginning of your turn have already attacked you and should have already died to the counterattack or should have already killed Hector.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not seeing how Threaten Atk helps with anything considering the most threatening enemies will be moving to attack from outside Threaten Atk's range. Mages that are in range for Threaten Atk at the beginning of your turn have already attacked you and should have already died to the counterattack or should have already killed Hector.

That would be the case if the game's AI, especially in the arena, wasn't suicidally stupid. As it stands, you can put Hector just outside of the enemy's attack range and they'll walk right up to you, conveniently in rage of Threaten Atk. If IntSys ever adds proper PVP it won't be useful at all, but right now baiting the AI into range is painfully easy.

Edited by Mortarion