"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

45 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So which 1 would be better between LB 3 & Desperation 3?

It depends. Who is the character you want to give the skills to? The fastest units would prefer Desperation, and everyone can go with Breakers.

37 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But I'm not sure if Jeorge is worth the sacrifice tough. 

Jeorge is decent for Arena Assault, he does not have to be perfect in that mode. You can always merge him into a better nature one later if you get one.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It depends. Who is the character you want to give the skills to? The fastest units would prefer Desperation, and everyone can go with Breakers.

Brave Lucy, +Res,-ATK

rotten luck on my part but at least I still got her.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Brave Lucy, +Res,-ATK

rotten luck on my part but at least I still got her.

I would go with Lancebreaker. It should help her tank lance units better on Enemy Phase too.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

[...]

Jeorge is decent for Arena Assault, he does not have to be perfect in that mode. You can always merge him into a better nature one later if you get one.

Well, Brave+ and DB3 would boost his wins from 72/13 to 103/8, which seems much, but I don't know if that would make a difference in AA, CC, Squad Assault and infernal GHB/BHB. 

As for the nature: He is already +ATK. Not being -SPD would give him +3 wins, the +1 merge would give him additional 5 wins. But the chance to get a better nature is low and would mean most likely a 20k feather investment. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Well Brave+ and DB3 would boost his kills from 72/13 to 103/8, which seems much, but I don't know if that would make a difference in AA, CC, Squad Assault and infernal GHB/BHB. 

As for the nature: He is already +ATK. Not being -SPD would give him +3 wins, the +1 merge would give him additional 5 wins. But the chance to get a better nature is low and would mean most likely a 20k feather investment. 

Brave Bow helps archers take down popular squishy Blade mages who are hard to double and could potentially survive one hit from a non-Brave Bow, although I guess a regular Brave Bow can do that just as well.

I guess you can always save him for now and wait until you pull a better archer.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brave Bow helps archers take down popular squishy Blade mages who are hard to double and could potentially survive one hit from a non-Brave Bow, although I guess a regular Brave Bow can do that just as well.

I guess you can always save him for now and wait until you pull a better archer.

That is true, Jeorge helped me already in Valters Infernal GHB a great deal with his economic set. I will ponder a little, but perhaps I like him enough to make him better anyway. If I'll get a chance on a better archer in the future, he will problably be worth the additional 20k feathers investment. 

/Edit: Solving the daily Arena Quest, I just ran into a situation were Jeorge (Moonbow ready) couldn't kill a vanilla +0 Ninian on a defense tile. Even more reason to make him stronger. 

Edited by mampfoid

47 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys, I have 22K feathers and I want to upgrade any of these heroes from 3* to 5*, but I'm not sure who I should. I have no team in mind, it's more for GHB and that stuff. So, who should I upgrade: Zephiel, Valter or Legion?

Probably Legion, he's arguably the best offensive Axe user in the game so he's an easy pick for promotion. Valter is pretty good as well, but there's several lance flyers who are better then him. Zephiel is probably going to be outclassed by the Black Knight as an sword armor, so I wouldn't promote him for now.

47 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys, I have 22K feathers and I want to upgrade any of these heroes from 3* to 5*, but I'm not sure who I should. I have no team in mind, it's more for GHB and that stuff. So, who should I upgrade: Zephiel, Valter or Legion?

Probably Legion, he's arguably the best offensive Axe user in the game so he's an easy pick for promotion. Valter is pretty good as well, but there's several lance flyers who are better then him. Zephiel is probably going to be outclassed by the Black Knight as an sword armor, so I wouldn't promote him for now.

I'm currently preparing a team for the next Tempest Trials:

• Elincia +SPD -DEF (most likely a 40% Bonus unit)
  • BH!Ike +SPD -HP (A-Support with Elincia)
  • Jeorge +ATK -SPD (will be switched for a mage after maxing HM)
  • Flexible: Healer, Pseudo Healer, Firesweep Tana or Dancer

How should I built BH!Ike?

He got Reposition, but otherwise he is still vanilla. While Aether works well with Steady Breath in TT, he won't need Beorcs Blessing, because the AI doesn't work much with buffs. I can only think of QR or Wrath (I would need to pull a Nephenee first). 

Edited by mampfoid
Support added

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, I think I'll promote Legion then, as having Hinoka, you're right that Valter is not so necessary.

Valter is among the bonus heroes for the next two weeks’ arena, unless you have any of others.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Valter is among the bonus heroes for the next two weeks’ arena, unless you have any of others.

I know, but as soon as I could, I promoted Sharena, Alfonse and Anna to 5* lvl 40, as I think there's always one of them included in the arena bonus heroes. 

Edited by Javi Blizz

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He got Reposition, but otherwise he is still vanilla. While Aether works well with Steady Breath in TT, he won't need Beorcs Blessing, because the AI doesn't work much with buffs. I can only think of QR or Wrath (I would need to pull a Nephenee first). 

B!Ike may appreciate having a Breaker skill... however, I can't say which one. If the boss of TT is a Sword wielder, I'd run with QR or Wrath as you thought. Otherwise, give him the Weaponbreaker of the weapon type the final boss uses. If they're a Tome/Archer, give him Distant Counter if possible and run with Luna instead.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I feel like giving him QR is a pretty safe choice. It'll keep him safe on player phase, and with Aether, he'll be able to keep it up and running throughout the Tempest. On the other hand, he might like having Axebreaker. Ike's lucky that his vanilla kit works really well for him. 

For my question: What B-skills are people giving Valter? I'm planning on letting him keep his vanilla kit. It just seems to work well for him even if it isn't optimal. Though I may give him a different special. For the most part, he'll probably rock QR 2, but that won't let me get maximum Arena points. I'm thinking a few options I have are Desperation, maybe Vantage, Escape Route, or Hit and Run/Drag Back. 

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

B!Ike may appreciate having a Breaker skill... however, I can't say which one. If the boss of TT is a Sword wielder, I'd run with QR or Wrath as you thought. Otherwise, give him the Weaponbreaker of the weapon type the final boss uses. If they're a Tome/Archer, give him Distant Counter if possible and run with Luna instead.

I didn't think of breakers, but DC is too expensive. I only have 2 Hectors and I'm using both on my defense team. If I ever sacrifice one, it will be on a unit with high res to counter mages. 

26 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I feel like giving him QR is a pretty safe choice. It'll keep him safe on player phase, and with Aether, he'll be able to keep it up and running throughout the Tempest. On the other hand, he might like having Axebreaker. Ike's lucky that his vanilla kit works really well for him. 

[...]

Perhaps I'll wait what maps and boss(es) are waiting for us. With +SPD Ike should be able to double the slower Axe users and Elincia will take care of most of them anyway. 

I would help with Valter, but I never built him, because I got too many good flying Lances. 

Thanks, both of you!

Edited by mampfoid
Thanks

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't think of breakers, but DC is too expensive. I only have 2 Hectors and I'm using both on my defense team. If I ever sacrifice one, it will be on a unit with high res to counter mages. 

Titania would appreciate DC (her Res is pretty good for a physical unit), and to be honest she has a chance to be a TT focus unit.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Titania would appreciate DC (her Res is pretty good for a physical unit), and to be honest she has a chance to be a TT focus unit.

Mine is +RES -SPD and yet to be promoted to 5*. If she'll be a bonus unit, I'll consider building her that way, but I need to save feathers first. My last feathers went into Elincias Galeforce. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I would go with Quick Riposte since BH!Ike needs his HP up to tank things safely.

Just pulled Nephenee from the new banner: +Def, -HP. My plan was to pull at least 2 so that I could use one for SI to pass Wrath. Does this nature seem like something I should pour resources into? I am a little apprehensive of investing in the case that a 2nd Nephenee turns out to have a better nature (+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res, for example). But for +Def, I can definitely see some merits as a Bonfire or Ignis user. Plus, her Defense after L+D3 is still an astonishingly high 32 (!!) so I could make her about as good as the two natures I listed as "better". What are some people's thoughts?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I've got a Lucius now, and I think it's time I asked- what exactly does Martyr do, and why do people consider it as good as, if not better than, Rehabilitate? I'm not seeing it.

Rehabilitate is more reliable and doesn’t depend on your healer getting hit.

Martyr heals the more, the more your healer is hurt. It also heals the hurt healer back.