"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

So i actually did pull a +Spd -Def Hinoka. Because of her bane, I think it might be better to switch her bow to something else. Sadly I don't have any Firesweep Bows to give her. Anything else I can give her to bring out her potential?

You could try quad-Brave on a flier team. Brave Bow+, LnD3, and Speed +3 should bring her up to 50/46 offense with a Hone Fliers buff.

It is a risky move since she does get hard-countered by bulky DC units, Dragons especially, and her somewhat limited bulk becomes worse with LnD3, making it harder to safely get to Desperation range without Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice. But given that she is a flying bow user, she can still make effective work of the opposition she can initiate safely against.

Of course you could keep Atk/Spd Bond to forego the loss in defense, but only so long as you remain next to someone.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Desperation seems like a fairly cheaper alternative. Maybe tank magic damage to get into Desperation range (or use Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice?).

Fury could be an option if you don't want to be glued to an ally all the time and to activate Desperation better.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You could try quad-Brave on a flier team. Brave Bow+, LnD3, and Speed +3 should bring her up to 50/46 offense with a Hone Fliers buff.

It is a risky move since she does get hard-countered by bulky DC units, Dragons especially, and her somewhat limited bulk becomes worse with LnD3, making it harder to safely get to Desperation range without Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice. But given that she is a flying bow user, she can still make effective work of the opposition she can initiate safely against.

Of course you could keep Atk/Spd Bond to forego the loss in defense, but only so long as you remain next to someone.

Hm I see. Desperation really does seem essential. Don't think I'll go for BraveBow, since that wouldn't be so good for arena. I think I'll go with a good old Desperation Combo and Ardent Sacrifice for when the map is just dominated by DC units. While Atk/Speed bond is good, Fury makes it much simpler to get into Desperation range without having to take a hit for AS or RA.

Thanks for the input!

4 hours ago, Thane said:

I'm currently making a Rally Spectrum team. Basically, I'll have Sanaki (+9 Drive Attack) and Marth (+2 Atk, +2 Spd, +8 Def, +2 Res) team up with two others units, but I'm unsure of who these two should be. I'd prefer for them to be someone who I don't use that often in my other teams and that can make the best use of a lot of Attack and Defense.

Currently, I'm thinking of either Summer Tiki or Summer Robin, as they've got relatively balanced stats and are surprisingly bulky. I was also considering promoting a female Corrin, though I wouldn't know what nature to use (I've got +Def -HP, +Spd -Def, and +Res -HP). 

Any other suggestions for who could use these stats well? Preferably not a red unit.

Brave Lucina can add to the rally shenanigans although she won't be able to buff Sanaki with her weapon effect.

Units with similar stat spreads to Caeda, Fir, Titania, and Clair would benefit from having their below average Atk and Def boosted.

Having the other two be Armor/Flying/Cavalry would allow you to further the boosts with the use of Tactics skills. Specifically, two Flyers would allow Sanaki to benefit from her weapon's unique effect.

Since you already have two reds, you probably want blue, green, or colorless units. Clair, Bow!Hinoka, and Camilla are good candidates for patching up Atk and Def. Or you could go with units like Beruka and Cherche who already have good Atk and Def and watch them overwhelm your enemies. +11 Atk on a Brave Axe Cherche would be absolutely nuts, especially with another +6 from Hone Flyers or Atk Tactics.

28 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Is M!Robin worth merging? I have 5 of him, but I mostly use Saias, and by the time I get the feathers to 5* all of them (considering other merge projects and characters I need to promote) I’ll probably have a few more Saias merges. 

Stat-wise, I find him very lackluster because he has a low BST, his stats are too balanced, thus he excels at absolutely nothing.

If +10-ing an infantry blue tome is your goal here, I'd suggest other common units such as Mae or Tailtyu. If MRobin's your husbando, then you have no reason not to +10 favourites.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a "real" issue or not, but I'd at least like some input.

A while ago, I made a post about making an ArmorApocalypse Soleil, and while I've not done anything to progress the making of such a unit (or any Armorbane units, really...), there is one somwehat pressing issue related to the topic: Giving Soleil the Armorsmasher+.

It shouldn't be an issue, just promote a Hana or Caeda and pass it on, but that will cost feathers I could use getting the right Soleil to 5* sooner (and I am quite close to 20k feathers). But the issue is that I actually have a Caeda [+Def -Res] at 5* already, from months and months ago as a pity breaker. She's been lv 40ed, but she hasn't been built one bit since getting her aside from Wing Sword, which itself hasn't been refined.

There are two ways I could go about this Caeda:

~Have my Soleil [+Atk -Res] inherit her Armorsmasher+ (and Rally Speed) for ArmorApocalypse build. Soleil will be a much stronger Armor Killer than Caeda, but without the benefit of Flier status, effectiveness against Cavalry, and the general bane of being an offensive-based Infantry Sword unit.

~Have this Caeda be merged into a different Caeda [+Atk -Res] whenever I make the time to build a proper Caeda. The merge result would give new Caeda the Wing Sword and default skills without spending SP, as well as HP/Spd +1 from merge levels. Issue here really being that Caeda won't be much without Flier Emblem, and even then might still under perform compared to Soleil.

Yes @XRay I know I could just put TA on Armorbane units and run with that, but for personal reasons that have cropped since then, I'm adamant (stubborn? Probably more stubborn than adamant) about going through with Armorcrusher Soleil.

51 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Is M!Robin worth merging? I have 5 of him, but I mostly use Saias, and by the time I get the feathers to 5* all of them (considering other merge projects and characters I need to promote) I’ll probably have a few more Saias merges. 

15 minutes ago, Raven said:

Stat-wise, I find him very lackluster because he has a low BST, his stats are too balanced, thus he excels at absolutely nothing.

If +10-ing an infantry blue tome is your goal here, I'd suggest other common units such as Mae or Tailtyu. If MRobin's your husbando, then you have no reason not to +10 favourites.

I agree with @Raven that M!Robin is a bit lackluster. Unless you need a Blárraven mage on your Arena team, I think Saias is better at offense and support. Spd Ploy and Fury will help patch Saias's low Spd, so all you are missing out on is the physical bulk from Robin.

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Have my Soleil [+Atk -Res] inherit her Armorsmasher+ (and Rally Speed) for ArmorApocalypse build. Soleil will be a much stronger Armor Killer than Caeda, but without the benefit of Flier status, effectiveness against Cavalry, and the general bane of being an offensive-based Infantry Sword unit.

~Have this Caeda be merged into a different Caeda [+Atk -Res] whenever I make the time to build a proper Caeda. The merge result would give new Caeda the Wing Sword and default skills without spending SP, as well as HP/Spd +1 from merge levels. Issue here really being that Caeda won't be much without Flier Emblem, and even then might still under perform compared to Soleil.

If your +Atk Caeda is already 5*, then just use your crappy nature one as fodder. +1 merge is not really going to make a difference in my opinion, and you can just use buffs if you need more Spd.

What do you guys think is the best build for Kaze?  He is a personal favorite so even though I can't +10 him I will use him a fair bit.  I am just not sure what skills would be really good on Kaze.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

If your +Atk Caeda is already 5*, then just use your crappy nature one as fodder. +1 merge is not really going to make a difference in my opinion, and you can just use buffs if you need more Spd.

She isn't, +Atk Caeda is still resting at 4*.

44 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

What do you guys think is the best build for Kaze?  He is a personal favorite so even though I can't +10 him I will use him a fair bit.  I am just not sure what skills would be really good on Kaze.

You can give him a Player Phase or Enemy Phase build.

Player Phase:
Barb Shuriken [Spd]
Moonbow / Iceberg
Life and Death / Swift Sparrow / Fury
Desperation
Speed +3

Enemy Phase:
Barb Shuriken [Spd]
Iceberg
Darting Stance
Quick Riposte
Speed +3

Darting Stance is necessary to shutdown Celica, assuming she does not run Chill Spd. If you do not need Kaze to go against Celica or Spd stacked mages, you can opt for Fury or another A slot skill.

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

She isn't, +Atk Caeda is still resting at 4*.

Well, if you plan to get Wing Sword on her, you are still going to spend 20,000 Feathers anyways, whether you plan to downmerge a 5* copy to get her to 4*+10 or promote the +Atk one and keep her as a 5*. I would sacrifice your current 5* Caeda since she is not really doing anything and you can always accumulate more Feathers later if you need to get another Caeda to 5* later.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Robin is basically a spare Triangle Adept Blarraven user if you need one for Arena Assault, though his Close Counter Blarowl set isn't too shabby (but is expensive).

If your spare Robins are all 4-star or lower, use them for Bonfire. It's not really worth it to promote them for merges unless you have nothing better to do. Oliver does Robin's job just as well, but has the Res to also provide Ploy support.

Well @XRay, My Soleil has enjoyed a nice Caeda Casserole, before she herself became a Soleil Sorbet for my [+Atk -Res] Soleil once she was promoted. And now she has the Attack of a +Atk Grima and the armor killing potential of a TA3 armorslayer.

...man, I cannot even enjoy this occasion without thinking of 10 ways things could go wrong, how the hell do any of you manage it...

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...man, I cannot even enjoy this occasion without thinking of 10 ways things could go wrong, how the hell do any of you manage it...

Managing Arena Assault is pretty easy though if you preview the enemy team and build lots of redundant counters. If you are worried about Soleil not performing her job well, then just give her Triangle Adept and/or Breakers and build a few more anti armor units.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Managing Arena Assault is pretty easy though if you preview the enemy team and build lots of redundant counters. If you are worried about Soleil not performing her job well, then just give her Triangle Adept and/or Breakers and build a few more anti armor units.

I'm not really worried about her performance, more about the skills I gave her.

See, out of the skills I had laying around, she actually got the best overall results, not just against Armors, when packing Swift Sparrow and Chill Spd, both of which I had one fodder each of. What worries me is that someone more deserving of one or the other will come up eventually, even though her W-L-D against all foes with +10 merge and Fury 3 override is 170-10-50, which isn't that bad all things considered (she doesn't even have any field or combat atk buffs)

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not really worried about her performance, more about the skills I gave her.

See, out of the skills I had laying around, she actually got the best overall results, not just against Armors, when packing Swift Sparrow and Chill Spd, both of which I had one fodder each of. What worries me is that someone more deserving of one or the other will come up eventually, even though her W-L-D against all foes with +10 merge and Fury 3 override is 170-10-50, which isn't that bad all things considered (she doesn't even have any field or combat atk buffs)

There is nothing wrong with investing in Soleil if she is one of your favorite characters or if you plan to use her in Arena. If she is just for Arena Assault, then that is quite a waste in my opinion, but there is nothing you can do about it besides coming to terms with your regret/worry and not over investing in Arena Assault units in the future.

You are not really missing much from not having Swift Sparrow and Chill Spd, since Fury-Speed +3 can achieve similar results and Desperation is generally better than Chill Spd. The primary troll fun unit in my mind who can use Swift Sparrow-Chill Spd combo well is Celica. Swift Sparrow on top of Ragnarok helps hide her monstrous Spd and prevents enemies from using Chill Spd against her, while her own Chill Spd is highly effective against anti mage units like Felicia and LOTW!Lyn. This build for Celicia is primarily used in Arena defense teams to take advantage of players who copy builds off the internet without doing the research to teach them a lesson, so if you already have an effective defense team you do not really need this build.

Edited by XRay

When you put it that way, now I really only regret regretting now.

I say that, but I regret even pulling a good natured unit, you know an action left completely to luck, so... man I am a strange person and need to chill out...

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

What worries me is that someone more deserving of one or the other will come up eventually,

Chill Spd does the exact same thing regardless of which unit you give it to because it doesn't care about the unit's stats or positioning. As long as the unit you give it to doesn't really care about their choice of a B skill, you're good.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I pulled a lot of units today and some of them happen to have pretty good IVs. Thing is, I'm wondering if it's worth merging all these units (I have plenty of feathers for promoting to 5* for those who I have at 5* already). I'll put the list here, with new units to the left and the units I already had to the right. 

4* M!Morgan +Atk/-Res : 5* M!Morgan +Res/-Atk

4* L'Arachel +Atk/-Def : 5* L'Arachel +Res/-HP

4* Boey +Atk/-Spd : 4* Boey +Def/-Spd

4* Lukas +Atk/-Spd : 4* +2 Lukas +Def/-Spd

3* Wendy +Atk/-Spd : 4* +9 Wendy +Def/-Spd

I'm also going to ask what units besides dancers use WoM to their best.

Hey guys, I'm working on a flyer team, and I could use some advice I think. They're meant for clearing quests and GHBs, not for the arena btw.

They all have reposition and Goad flyers.

Cherche (+Atk, -HP):

Brave Axe
Draconic Aura
DB3
Hit and Run

Elincia (+Spd, -Def):

Amniti
Luna
DB3
Desperation

Cordelia (+Atk, -Res):

Brave Lance
LaD3

S!Corrin (+Spd, -Res)

I'd mostly like advice for how to build Cordelia and Corrin, but any advice in general would be appreciated.

I got two questions:

1. I am best off giving Triangle Adept 3 to my -Atk F!Kana (boon is HP)?

2. Does being -Spd particularly hurt Vanguard Ike? I pulled a +Atk/-Spd one that I can use to replace the neutral freebie.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

4* M!Morgan +Atk/-Res : 5* M!Morgan +Res/-Atk

He is pretty good and +Atk is nice. I would personally wait for +Spd if you want to promote him to 5* though. Since he is available as a 4* unit, fishing for a +Spd should not be too difficult if you summon a lot. If you do not want to wait or if you do not summon too often, you can promote the +Atk one.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

4* L'Arachel +Atk/-Def : 5* L'Arachel +Res/-HP

Again, similar to M!Morgan, I would wait for +Spd.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

4* Boey +Atk/-Spd : 4* Boey +Def/-Spd

+Atk is better in my opinion. I would not get him to 5*+10 unless you need a Raven mage in Arena. 4*+10 is more than sufficient in most cases. I generally prefer to prioritize +Atk over +Def/Res since killing more enemies is generally safer than leaving more enemies alive.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

4* Lukas +Atk/-Spd : 4* +2 Lukas +Def/-Spd

+Atk is better in my opinion. If you use him in Arena, then promoting him to 5* is fine. If you do not use him in Arena, 4*+10 is sufficient.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

3* Wendy +Atk/-Spd : 4* +9 Wendy +Def/-Spd

Again, similar to Lukas, +Atk is better. Promoting her to 5* is fine if you use her in Arena, if not, then go with 4*+10.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm also going to ask what units besides dancers use WoM to their best.

Off the top of my head, staff healers, slow Brave units (Reinhardt, Cherche, LA!Roy), and units on defense teams utilize Wings of Mercy pretty well.

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Cherche (+Atk, -HP):

Brave Axe
Draconic Aura
DB3
Hit and Run

Looks great! I would give her Bonfire though for more damage.

Elincia (+Spd, -Def):

Amniti
Luna
DB3
Desperation

You might want to consider [Escutcheon, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Attack +3/Speed +3], similar to Cordelia's set, as Death Blow does not give her enough Spd for reliable Desperation activation.

Cordelia (+Atk, -Res):

Brave Lance
LaD3

I would go with [Escutcheon, Desperation, Attack +3].

S!Corrin (+Spd, -Res)

I would go with [Blárblade, Moonbow/Glimmer, Swift Sparrow/Fury/Life and Death, Desperation, Speed +3].

56 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

1. I am best off giving Triangle Adept 3 to my -Atk F!Kana (boon is HP)?

I would prioritize Raven mages and dragons with better natures first for Triangle Adept 3, but yeah, F!Kana can run it just as well.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

2. Does being -Spd particularly hurt Vanguard Ike? I pulled a +Atk/-Spd one that I can use to replace the neutral freebie.

Spd stacked VL!Ike is better in my opinion, but [+Atk, -Spd] VL!Ike is not too bad either if you do not mind changing some of his skill set.

VL!Ike +Atk, -Spd
Ragnell, Radiant Aether
Warding Breath, Quick Riposte
Close Def
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase 133:94:18
Enemy Phase [neutral] 130:87:28
Enemy Phase [Ignis] 137:93:15
Enemy Phase [neutral, Ignis] 140:86:19

VL!Ike +Atk, -Spd
Ragnell, Ignis
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Close Def
Enemy Phase 155:73:17
Enemy Phase [neutral] 154:70:21

VL!Ike +Spd, -Res
Ragnell, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemy Phase 154:39:52

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is pretty good and +Atk is nice. I would personally wait for +Spd if you want to promote him to 5* though. Since he is available as a 4* unit, fishing for a +Spd should not be too difficult if you summon a lot. If you do not want to wait or if you do not summon too often, you can promote the +Atk one.

Again, similar to M!Morgan, I would wait for +Spd.

+Atk is better in my opinion. I would not get him to 5*+10 unless you need a Raven mage in Arena. 4*+10 is more than sufficient in most cases. I generally prefer to prioritize +Atk over +Def/Res since killing more enemies is generally safer than leaving more enemies alive.

+Atk is better in my opinion. If you use him in Arena, then promoting him to 5* is fine. If you do not use him in Arena, 4*+10 is sufficient.

Again, similar to Lukas, +Atk is better. Promoting her to 5* is fine if you use her in Arena, if not, then go with 4*+10.

Off the top of my head, staff healers, slow Brave units (Reinhardt, Cherche, LA!Roy), and units on defense teams utilize Wings of Mercy pretty well.

I wasn't planning on promoting any of the 4* ones to 5* if they didn't have a 5* already. Shame they weren't +Spd, I can wait on both arguably.

So I'll be merging onto the unlevelled ones for the 4* ones at least then. I'm definitely not promoting Wendy, she'll be at 4* +10 with this merge. She would have been first if Gaius hadn't stolen her thunder.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize Raven mages and dragons with better natures first for Triangle Adept 3, but yeah, F!Kana can run it just as well.

Yeah, I'm aware that there's plenty of better TA3 recipients than a -Atk F!Kana. I'm still going to go ahead and give it to her anyways because favoritism. At the very least, I did pull two more Young Lion Roys from legendary Lyn's banner, so I'll still have some spares. I'll also just run with the +Atk/-Spd Ike as well.

Thanks for the input!