"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve missed every heroic grail unit since Joshua, and only got Laegjarn from the recent TT. I use a lot of the older free units often—mainly Zephiel and Black Knight since they’re my main armors—but I’m not inclined to use either in Arena, I think. Nor do I like them enough to go +10.

My main reason to get Young Azura is to more easily follow free clears for any new Hero Battles we get, but I got three other Dancers already, one of whom is Inigo.

9 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I'm going to save them until a unit I like pops up in the grail shop and then +10 that unit.

This is probably the best approach. No one sticks out to me for now and I’d rather not half-ass my investments like I used to.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time we had relay defense? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I doubt many are begging IS in feedback to bring it back (heck, I hope they've been making changes to it or are coming up with a replacement during its abscence), but it feels like it's been quite some time since the last one. Weren't they alternating weekly or something?

Edited by Arcphoenix

34 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

When was the last time we had relay defense? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I doubt many are begging IS in feedback to bring it back (heck, I hope they've been making changes to it or are coming up with a replacement during its abscence), but it feels like it's been quite some time since the last one. Weren't they alternating weekly or something?

The update notes a few months back (right after the second set of Relay Defense maps) mentioned that Relay Defense was going on hiatus indefinitely. Presumably, they are trying to make adjustments to it.

8 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

For the Deflect Magic 3 seal, are dragonstones counted as "magic" and therefore affected by the damage reduction?

No. They only mean tome users. Treehouse is not known to be competent at translations.

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

For the Deflect Magic 3 seal, are dragonstones counted as "magic" and therefore affected by the damage reduction?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

No. They only mean tome users. Treehouse is not known to be competent at translations.

As an addendum, staves do not count as "magic" either. The term "magic" only refers to tomes. This is particularly notable with Divine Tyrfing's effect.

so wanted the communitities opinion on my home brew of Lloyd! Love the black fang and love Lloyd, he is for sure my favorite but he sucks quite a bit tbh. compared to other units available and his Regal blade isnt very impressive even when Refined and makes team building more restrictive then other units.

so i came up with this build mostly for fun but its actually showing results better then i expected.

Safeguard+ Refine +Def

Reposition

Icberg

Fort. Def/Res 3

Poison strike 3 

Res Tactic 3 

Poison Strike 3

So basically i wanted him to be more bulky so with this set up he has base 30 Def and base 36 Res which is pretty good. Hes being built for a Tactics team So he will get atk and def tactic bossts every turn essentiall being 50 atk, 36 def and 36 res. His attack is weaker so i added the poison strikes so he can widdle down higher HP units. He is not a sweeper anymore (not that he did that well in the first place). He doesnt take much dmg from physical attacks during the enemy phase because he has safeguard+ and his naturally high Res.  

Blue tome units are a threat but wont always OHKO like they used to. He can handle any green unit except surtr (he actually can do about over half if he can trigger iceberg + posion stirke dmg). Most swordsman do nothing to him just gotta watch out for there spd so he doesnt get doubled to much.

Edited by Zihark11
Spelling

4 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

so wanted the communitities opinion on my home brew of Lloyd! Love the black fang and love Lloyd, he is for sure my favorite but he sucks quite a bit tbh. compared to other units available and his Regal blade isnt very impressive even when Refined and makes team building more restrictive then other units.

so i came up with this build mostly for fun but its actually showing results better then i expected.

Safeguard+ Refine +Def

Reposition

Icberg

Fort. Def/Res 3

Poison strike 3 

Res Tactic 3 

Poison Strike 3

So basically i wanted him to be more bulky so with this set up he has base 30 Def and base 36 Res which is pretty good. Hes being built for a Tactics team So he will get atk and def tactic bossts every turn essentiall being 50 atk, 36 def and 36 res. His attack is weaker so i added the poison strikes so he can widdle down higher HP units. He is not a sweeper anymore (not that he did that well in the first place). He doesnt take much dmg from physical attacks during the enemy phase because he has safeguard+ and his naturally high Res.  

Blue tome units are a threat but wont always OHKO like they used to. He can handle any green unit except surtr (he actually can do about over half if he can trigger iceberg + posion stirke dmg). Most swordsman do nothing to him just gotta watch out for there spd so he doesnt get doubled to much.

I'm about to go to sleep so I apologise for not giving the proper answer you're seeking, but I'd recommend checking Stolen Ramen's channel. He has a bunch of cool builds for Lloyd in his hero battle clears

4 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

so wanted the communitities opinion on my home brew of Lloyd!

I personally lean towards making Lloyd a Player Phase unit since his stats lean that way. His physical bulk is awful so I prefer someone like Hinata and Chrom if I need a bulky unit, or Roy and Athena if I need mixed bulk.

Without Moonbow and Quick Riposte, Lloyd is going to have damage output issues and a hard time killing things, and double Poison Strike is not going to fix that. I would also run something like Atk/Def Bond or Close Def on the Sacred Seal slot.

Safeguard [Def]
(Any Assist)
Moonbow — Ignis (Steady Breath) — Glacies (Steady Breath)
Fort. Def/Res — Sturdy Stance — Atk/Def Bond — Steady Breath — Steady Stance
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Atk/Spd Bond — Fierce Stance — Close Def — Quick Riposte

I thought my 7+ Selpiph would immediately be getting his refine, but now that i've seen the refine i'm a bit more conflicted about it. It looks very interesting with a auto miracle and you can probably do some stacking with the added atk/def bond too.

On the other hand 200 dew is hard to come by and the divine Tyrfing is a lot easier to see the uses of. He can either kill of a mage safely with DC/QR or he can go tank multiple mages with deflect magic and no DC. i'm not sure how many niches the new Tyrfing serves that aren't already accounted for by what the Divine Tyrfing. 

so is the new refine worth the heavy price tag?

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I thought my 7+ Selpiph would immediately be getting his refine, but now that i've seen the refine i'm a bit more conflicted about it. It looks very interesting with a auto miracle and you can probably do some stacking with the added atk/def bond too.

On the other hand 200 dew is hard to come by and the divine Tyrfing is a lot easier to see the uses of. He can either kill of a mage safely with DC/QR or he can go tank multiple mages with deflect magic and no DC. i'm not sure how many niches the new Tyrfing serves that aren't already accounted for by what the Divine Tyrfing. 

so is the new refine worth the heavy price tag?

You can Atk stack Seliph to the max instead of worrying about his bulk. He cannot die unless the enemy reduces his HP to 1 on the first hit AND can double him. Seliph can basically take an absurd amount of beating and will almost always retaliate with a Bonfire/Ignis/Aether to the enemy's face if he survives the second hit and got the right A skill.

Whether it is worth it or not depends on your playstyle. His Refine is worthless to me since I am not a huge fan of Enemy Phase units and I already have a huge butt load of sword units that are just lazing around on my bench. If you like to use Enemy Phase units or are in need of a bulky tank, then Seliph is probably worth it.

You can give him something like:

Tyrfing [Special]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Fierce Stance

Tyrfing [Special]
(Any Assist)
Ignis — Aether
Fierce Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Fierce Stance

Edited by XRay

Hello! Is there any point in doing a "rematch" in the Aether Raids? It does not seem to delete the loss. Maybe it is worth it so you know what teams you rare facing so you can guarantee your score? This mode is just a terrible fit for me. I play for the reward, aka new characters, but have been stuck at level 16 for weeks since I lose so many points every week. I am just trying to figure out the best way to maximize points in the system and rematches don't seem like they are worth it.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Can someone one give me a good reason of why sturdy impact can't be used for horses?

Intelligent Systems is still mad at ponies.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

Hello! Is there any point in doing a "rematch" in the Aether Raids? It does not seem to delete the loss. Maybe it is worth it so you know what teams you rare facing so you can guarantee your score? This mode is just a terrible fit for me. I play for the reward, aka new characters, but have been stuck at level 16 for weeks since I lose so many points every week. I am just trying to figure out the best way to maximize points in the system and rematches don't seem like they are worth it.

Doing a rematch allows you to be more "stealthy" in Aether Raids. If you fight a random opponent, then you have a chance of that opponent retaliating in addition to random players initiating the attack on you. If you only go after people who attack you, then the only way for random players to fight you is if they initiate against you.

If you have trouble getting wins, I recommend copying the defenses of other players that you find difficult to win against.

Edited by XRay

8 hours ago, XRay said:

You can Atk stack Seliph to the max instead of worrying about his bulk. He cannot die unless the enemy reduces his HP to 1 on the first hit AND can double him. Seliph can basically take an absurd amount of beating and will almost always retaliate with a Bonfire/Ignis/Aether to the enemy's face if he survives the second hit and got the right A skill.

Whether it is worth it or not depends on your playstyle. His Refine is worthless to me since I am not a huge fan of Enemy Phase units and I already have a huge butt load of sword units that are just lazing around on my bench. If you like to use Enemy Phase units or are in need of a bulky tank, then Seliph is probably worth it.

You can give him something like:

Tyrfing [Special]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Fierce Stance

Tyrfing [Special]
(Any Assist)
Ignis — Aether
Fierce Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Fierce Stance

I decided to go with it since i've pumped so much resources into Seliph already, that it can't hurt to take the risk. I personally went with close counter, quick reposte and the atk/def bond seal. 

He was indeed able to take a pretty hard beating.

4 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

You can see what level the opponent's offense Fortress is in the replay and make a guess as to the level of their defense Fortress from it. You can also see if the opponent's units are merged or not and guess how high the merges are on their defense team based on it.

Doing a rematch also prevents the opponent from doing a rematch back against you, meaning there are fewer opportunities for opponents to challenge your defense team to make you lose points.

I want to build and merge Tailtiu as her weapon is nice and I have some waiting in the barracks.

1. So how does the book of Thoron's -1 work I am kinda confused.

2. Is this built with good for a +spd one?

Book of Thoron (eff) - doesn't matter - Luna/moonbow - Swift sparrow (One Naesala will be used one will be inherited) - desperation - C slot don't know - flashing blade. That is basically what an Ishtar would run but will it work on Tailtiu?

3. Does Julia's close counter work only for dragons or all mellee?

Something unrelated, is it only me that wants to get a Hel? I really like her weapon and I don't have a green flier.

Edited by SuperNova125

33 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

1. So how does the book of Thoron's -1 work I am kinda confused.

Same as Wrath. At the beginning of every turn, if Tailtiu has 75% HP or lower, her Special skill charges by 1 point.

35 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

2. Is this built with good for a +spd one?

Yes. Preferably with Luna.

34 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

3. Does Julia's close counter work only for dragons or all mellee?

Only dragons.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, redlight said:

I'm about to go to sleep so I apologise for not giving the proper answer you're seeking, but I'd recommend checking Stolen Ramen's channel. He has a bunch of cool builds for Lloyd in his hero battle clears

Sweet thanks ill check it out.

23 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally lean towards making Lloyd a Player Phase unit since his stats lean that way. His physical bulk is awful so I prefer someone like Hinata and Chrom if I need a bulky unit, or Roy and Athena if I need mixed bulk.

Without Moonbow and Quick Riposte, Lloyd is going to have damage output issues and a hard time killing things, and double Poison Strike is not going to fix that. I would also run something like Atk/Def Bond or Close Def on the Sacred Seal slot.

Safeguard [Def]
(Any Assist)
Moonbow — Ignis (Steady Breath) — Glacies (Steady Breath)
Fort. Def/Res — Sturdy Stance — Atk/Def Bond — Steady Breath — Steady Stance
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Atk/Spd Bond — Fierce Stance — Close Def — Quick Riposte

Ideally i would like Quickriposte instead of the poison strike duo but i do not have access to it atm and dont wanna use 20,000 feathers for it either when im going for my +10 merge Corrin (Female). i never liked him as a player phase unit tbh. at best he will kill one person then die. im not gonna use him in arena unless hes a bonus unit for the week. 

8 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Ideally i would like Quickriposte instead of the poison strike duo but i do not have access to it atm and dont wanna use 20,000 feathers for it either when im going for my +10 merge Corrin (Female). i never liked him as a player phase unit tbh. at best he will kill one person then die. im not gonna use him in arena unless hes a bonus unit for the week. 

Use Quick Riposte 2 instead of Quick Riposte 3 unless you need the Arena points.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Use Quick Riposte 2 instead of Quick Riposte 3 unless you need the Arena points.

i dont like using a skill unless i can max it out. i know theres not a huge difference its just how i am. dont like to leave things half done etc. I literally have a tana with quick riposte 2 and i never use for the reason she only has 2 instead of 3. its stupid but true lol

So I got this Faye which will be used exclusivel for Aether Raids

Spoiler

qH3neIr.jpg

The idea is to tank every ranged unit (Reinhardt/Veronica/Micaiah/Eir/stray raven tomes) thanks to her great mixed bulk. The question is which seal will benefit her more, Quick Riposte or another layer of Distant Defense? 

For added info, her teammates are Y!Azura, Ophelia, Lilina and Eir (Y!Azura or Eir will rotate depending on bonus units and season), which makes Faye the only tank in the team.