"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Steilison said:

when you see people do unit analysis or showcase their hero build what are the things you would expect or a general rule when your looking at those inflated stats? 

Depends on why they are showcasing their build.

Some people just like to show off their units with expensive skills without to much concern for performance, and some of them try to make their numbers look as high as possible with buffs and bonus stats.

Some showcases are for discussing combat, support, or other useful utility. If a unit is being shown with Summoner Support, that usually means the unit is meant for a tank role. If a unit has Summoner Support AND a Light/Astra Blessing, that means the unit is meant to be a super tank in Aether Raids. If a Player Phase unit that should normally be running Desperation is running Guard instead, that probably means the unit is meant for being used in Røkkr Sieges.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on why they are showcasing their build.

Some people just like to show off their units with expensive skills without to much concern for performance, and some of them try to make their numbers look as high as possible with buffs and bonus stats.

Some showcases are for discussing combat, support, or other useful utility. If a unit is being shown with Summoner Support, that usually means the unit is meant for a tank role. If a unit has Summoner Support AND a Light/Astra Blessing, that means the unit is meant to be a super tank in Aether Raids. If a Player Phase unit that should normally be running Desperation is running Guard instead, that probably means the unit is meant for being used in Røkkr Sieges.

So if his showcasing something with Summoner Support and Ally support I would assume that it has +4 to all stats & if he says his with M!Corrin or Lancina i would assume that it has another +4 to all stats?

The colours on the numbers of a stats what does it represent?

51 minutes ago, Steilison said:

So if his showcasing something with Summoner Support and Ally support I would assume that it has +4 to all stats & if he says his with M!Corrin or Lancina i would assume that it has another +4 to all stats?

The colours on the numbers of a stats what does it represent?

Ally Supports and M!Corrin do not affect visible stats. Those are in combat buffs. Things that affect visible stats are merges, Dragonflowers, Summoner Support, skills, visible buffs, and visible debuffs. Other things that may affect visible stats include Fortress levels if in Aether Raids, bonus stats for certain modes, and Blessings for certain modes.

For Aether Raids, it is common to show units with really high stats as those units shown are generally meant to be super tanks. Super tanks frequently have full merges, full Dragonflowers, Summoner Support, and Blessings.

If a number has color, it means it is under the effects of a buff or debuff. If the number is blue, it means it is under the effects of a buff, and buffs can be as high as +7. If the number is red, it means it is under the effects of a debuff, which can be as low as -14.

I looked through my 4* units again, and I noticed I STILL had this Neutral Olivia lying around doing nothing.

Now I know that F2P strategies probably rely on this Olivia, but I have a few reasons to believe that I seriously don't need this Olivia anymore...

• I have a seriously bloated stock of powerful units, especially those of 5* +10 rarity (see my sig!). Every Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3 unit up to the first Three Houses banner is in my employ at 5* rarity, as well as a few units from after that point. And many of my strongest heroes are high-tier units (Ophelia, Brave Ike, Brave Lucina, Spooky Myrrh, Legendary Tiki, Festival Micaiah, Nino, Legendary Azura).
  • I have not needed to rely on a guide to clear Abyssal level content in a long time. I've not missed any Abyssal Hero Battles either, so I'm clearly not struggling.
  • Even if I wanted to use a F2P guide, Peony is a completely free Flying Dancer with far more advantages than Neutral Olivia.
  • All things considered, let me remind that this Olivia hasn't been doing anything at all. Even the built +Spd Olivia I've been using hasn't seen as much use as any of my other refreshing units.

So all things considered... why do I still have this untouched Olivia taking up space in my barracks?

I am sentimentally attached to my neutral Olivia who was originally the 2* copy from the Hero Battle and would never let her go or even merge her away.

(Similarly, but to a lesser extent, this applies to the Niles who is the 5th unit listed when I sort my barracks by Obtained, second if you exclude the Askr trio, behind only Maria. I doubt I've used him since March 2017.)

Edited by Humanoid

Does distant counter work with Sigurd's divine tyrifang and crusader ward? Seems the combo would be a no brainer, but i'm guessing the skill will break crusader ward since it says consecutive hits.

14 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Does distant counter work with Sigurd's divine tyrifang and crusader ward? Seems the combo would be a no brainer, but i'm guessing the skill will break crusader ward since it says consecutive hits.

Nope. Crusader's Ward will do nothing with Distant Counter unless Sigurd is attacked by someone with a ranged Brave weapon.

You're best off dropping one or the other, not keeping both on the same skillset. Same if you were to give him Distant Ward/Foil.

@Humanoid Yeah mine isn't, she's just some random summon.

Edited by Xenomata

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I looked through my 4* units again, and I noticed I STILL had this Neutral Olivia lying around doing nothing.

Now I know that F2P strategies probably rely on this Olivia, but I have a few reasons to believe that I seriously don't need this Olivia anymore...

• I have a seriously bloated stock of powerful units, especially those of 5* +10 rarity (see my sig!). Every Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3 unit up to the first Three Houses banner is in my employ at 5* rarity, as well as a few units from after that point. And many of my strongest heroes are high-tier units (Ophelia, Brave Ike, Brave Lucina, Spooky Myrrh, Legendary Tiki, Festival Micaiah, Nino, Legendary Azura).
  • I have not needed to rely on a guide to clear Abyssal level content in a long time. I've not missed any Abyssal Hero Battles either, so I'm clearly not struggling.
  • Even if I wanted to use a F2P guide, Peony is a completely free Flying Dancer with far more advantages than Neutral Olivia.
  • All things considered, let me remind that this Olivia hasn't been doing anything at all. Even the built +Spd Olivia I've been using hasn't seen as much use as any of my other refreshing units.

So all things considered... why do I still have this untouched Olivia taking up space in my barracks?

I would keep it unless you are bursting out of your Barracks at 1,100 Heroes or something. I still manage to be able to keep a neutral copy of every 3*/4* unit and have not turned any Grail units into Manuals, and I am at over 1,090. It is a good back up plan because you never know when you might need these units.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep it unless you are bursting out of your Barracks at 1,100 Heroes or something. I still manage to be able to keep a neutral copy of every 3*/4* unit and have not turned any Grail units into Manuals, and I am at over 1,090. It is a good back up plan because you never know when you might need these units.

But that's just the thing, Olivia is one of... 30ish Refresher units, of which there are 4 free ones counting Olivia herself (5 if you count the 2nd anniversary random freebie LegAzura). And of all those refreshers, I'm only missing Nils and Berkut. Even if I went into Arena Assault doing 1 nuke 3 refresher on every battle, I'd still have refreshers not being used. And I don't have a reason to use any refresher other than LegAzura in Hero Battles due to the overwhelming advantages she gives to units.

What conceivable scenario could exist where I'd want Neutral 4* Olivia over one of the 27 other and much stronger refreshers I own, or even NeutOlivia over the SpdOlivia I already own and built?

...also these days I sit at 485/600 barrack space, 30 of which is being dedicated to untrained Grail units and New Hero demotes I've not been able to build, but that I did at least get a decent Asset/Flaw for. I'm not trying to maintain every hero in existence anymore, I don't see a reason to expand my barracks anymore than where I am now.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...also these days I sit at 485/600 barrack space,

With 115 open spaces, having 1 space taken up by an Olivia you're not using doesn't really cost you anything. There's really no reason to worry about managing your barracks space unless you're actually near your cap. It doesn't have to be the 1,100 cap, just whatever your cap is at the moment.

Since my summoning doesn't work at all, I've decided to start building  grail heroes since I can't get anything else!

Is there any suggestions people have for building Brunnya? I have...Limited resources, no close foil or counter or anything like that.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

What conceivable scenario could exist where I'd want Neutral 4* Olivia over one of the 27 other and much stronger refreshers I own, or even NeutOlivia over the SpdOlivia I already own and built?

It is as a backup for guides in case you need it. I have not used a guide in ages either, but my neutral units are there in case I ever need it. When using guides, you want to use the exact same unit as a difference in stats may cause enemies to move differently, which can make following the guide very difficult if it happens.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Since my summoning doesn't work at all, I've decided to start building  grail heroes since I can't get anything else!

Is there any suggestions people have for building Brunnya? I have...Limited resources, no close foil or counter or anything like that.

I recommend sending the developers an inquiry, since inquiries seems to force a feedback.

As for Brunnya, I recommend the following:
Fimbulvetr — Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
Res Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
Fury and Life and Death are you cheapest A slot options.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend sending the developers an inquiry, since inquiries seems to force a feedback.

As for Brunnya, I recommend the following:
Fimbulvetr — Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
Res Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
Fury and Life and Death are you cheapest A slot options.

I have sent an inquriy, but nothing has happened yet. I'm not too worried, but I don't want to miss the free 5* banner.

If I were you, would you pick Fimbulvetr or Blarblade?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have sent an inquriy, but nothing has happened yet. I'm not too worried, but I don't want to miss the free 5* banner.

If I were you, would you pick Fimbulvetr or Blarblade?

Depends on how much fodder you have. If you have tons of Odin and Tailtiu, I would just use Blárblade. If you are short of fodder, then I would stick with Fimbulvetr as much as possible, but I would still switch to Blárblade if it is really difficult to make Fimbulvetr work. Fimbulvetr is not bad per se, it is just that due to how cheap and effective Blade tomes are, the only Weapons that can outclass Blade tomes are Slaying tomes and Brave tomes, none of those two types of Weapon are inheritable.

For example, Laevatein is not top tier because of her stats, Laevatein is top tier due to how powerful Laevatein (her sword) is. For general purpose combat, Blade Weapons just blows everything else out the water with very few rivaling it.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on how much fodder you have. If you have tons of Odin and Tailtiu, I would just use Blárblade. If you are short of fodder, then I would stick with Fimbulvetr as much as possible, but I would still switch to Blárblade if it is really difficult to make Fimbulvetr work. Fimbulvetr is not bad per se, it is just that due to how cheap and effective Blade tomes are, the only Weapons that can outclass Blade tomes are Slaying tomes and Brave tomes, none of those two types of Weapon are inheritable.

For example, Laevatein is not top tier because of her stats, Laevatein is top tier due to how powerful Laevatein (her sword) is. For general purpose combat, Blade Weapons just blows everything else out the water with very few rivaling it.

I've got too many Odins to handle right now, so I'll go with that. Thanks for the advice!

30 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Halloween Hector, Halloween L'Arachel and Dancer Berkut all terrible IVs but not gimped in Atk or speed.  Suggested budget friendly builds for general PvE content?

For Hector: Dressed-Up Duo, his vanilla kit is not great, but as long as he is not facing difficult enemies, it should be fine. Just put Panic Ploy on his Sacred Seal slot for some synergy with his Duo skill, or give him Armored Boots if you want a more mobile Bolt Tower. If you do need him to engage in combat more often, then just switch out Odd Follow-Up for Quick Riposte.

Pure Support:
+HP
Conqueror Curios
Swap — Pivot — Reposition (with Armored Boots) — Reciprocal Aid (with Renewal)
Bonfire — Moonbow
Distant Counter — HP+5
(Any B) — Renewal — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Tactic — Atk Smoke
Panic Ploy — Armored Boots — Renewal

Enemy Phase:
+Def/Res
Conqueror Curios
Swap — Pivot
Bonfire — Ignis (with Special Fighter)
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter — Bold Fighter (with Quick Riposte) — Special Fighter (with Quick Riposte)
Atk Smoke — Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Mirror Stance — Quick Riposte

He is primarily used as a support unit to provide damage support for Counter-Vantage units, and he is not used as a combat unit much, so his nature and skill set honestly does not really matter. You can use him as a combat unit and invest in him a lot if you really want to, but most people prefer to just cheap out on his kit and treat him like a mobile Bolt Tower. If you do not care too much about him though, then Panic Ploy or Armored Boots Sacred Seal is sufficient in most cases. You can also use him as a healer with Reciprocal Aid-Renewal as well, since he does have a pretty nice HP for an HP battery.

— — — — — — —

L'Arachel: Harvest Princess can just run a regular Player Phase set. She will need Reposition, Moonbow, and Desperation, and give her whatever C slot suits her team (I recommend Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry).

I also recommend running Blárblade, but if you do not want to spend the Feathers on it, Madness Flask should be fine in most cases, just do not expect it to be super amazing.

— — — — — — —

For Berkut: Debonair Noble, all he really needs is Wings of Mercy. You may also want to swap out his C skill depending on his teammates, but you can just leave it as is until you need to switch it. He really does not need much outside of Wings of Mercy since his Weapon already provides bonus buffs, although you can still run some bonus buffs anyways so his teammates can have some buffs at the start of turn. Like Hector: Dressed-Up Duo, he is a support unit so his skill set and nature honestly does not really matter besides Wings of Mercy.

Pure Support:
Verðandi
Dance
(Any Special) — Bonfire
(Any A) — Steady Stance 3
Wings of Mercy 3
(Any C) — Distant Guard 3
(Any Sacred Seal)

If you also want him to handle some minor combat as well, I recommend the following as it is cheap and it allows him to tank some red and blue units, although he will not have Wings of Mercy. Alternatively, you can run still Wings of Mercy on B and move Quick Riposte to the Sacred Seal slot, but his combat effectiveness would be a bit weaker.

Budget Support with Minor Combat:
+Def
Verðandi
Dance
Bonfire
Steady Stance 3
Quick Riposte — Wings of Mercy (with Quick Riposte Sacred Seal)
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Steady Stance — Quick Riposte

So, I'm building a Silvia for AR Defense IP team. I'm in doubt about what weapon to use on her. I'm between Armorsmasher or Firesweep, pending more to the second one. Is it the best choice?
Also, what A Skill should she use? And which Seal to carry?
B Slot is on WoM, C Slot is IP, Special is Moonbow. 

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, I'm building a Silvia for AR Defense IP team. I'm in doubt about what weapon to use on her. I'm between Armorsmasher or Firesweep, pending more to the second one. Is it the best choice?

If you can +10 with flowers and HP boon, firesweep. If you cannot Hp stack that high, armorsmasher or slaying with Flashing blade and galeforce. Other than that. Hp seals in the A and S are always good. If stacking high enough Hp, sudden panic is also great. 

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If you can +10 with flowers and HP boon, firesweep. If you cannot Hp stack that high, armorsmasher or slaying with Flashing blade and galeforce. Other than that. Hp seals in the A and S are always good. If stacking high enough Hp, sudden panic is also great. 

Sudden Panic is already on Iago, which will be a teammate. I can +10 her, but +10 flowers will take a while. Currently working on flowering Hawkeye. Probably want +1 flower on Iago also, but I think I can give her +1 flower for now for the +1 HP.

The male Byleth I pulled is +Atk/-Def.  I have the Neutral free copy.  Do I merge to remove the bane or give Mr Neutral to my +Atk Chrom I want to build up?

Or do I give Lucy or +Spd Male Morgan Ruptured Sky?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

15 hours ago, Rinco said:

Armorsmasher can be refined for more HP. Firesweep cannot. Depending on how much HP you need or want her to have, that might make a difference.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

The male Byleth I pulled is +Atk/-Def.  I have the Neutral free copy.  Do I merge to remove the bane or give Mr Neutral to my +Atk Chrom I want to build up?

Or do I give Lucy or +Spd Male Morgan Ruptured Sky?

I recommend keeping the neutral free copy unmerged and unFlowered for guides, but since it technically is not really free since you have to spend money on Three Houses to get it, I am not sure if it will be used in guides. Personally, I lean towards keeping it just in case a free guide does use it, but if you want to merge it or fodder it, I think it should be okay too since I am not sure if any free guide would use it.

If you want to use him, I recommend using the +Atk copy but keep it unmerged until you get it to +4+0 at once. Merge+2 Dragonflower+3 would also work. He has 40 HP, so if you plan to use him in Aether Raids, he does not have to worry about a level 1 Bolt Trap not getting him into Desperation range. At +4+0, or +2+3, while he does go above 40 HP, I think the Atk/Spd+2 increase is enough to justify the inconvenience of having higher than 40 HP.

As for foddering him, I would prioritize Distant Counter over Ruptured Sky in most cases unless you need it for scoring. If you are using your M!Morgan or Lucina for Arena, then Ruptured Sky would be good. If you do not really need either for scoring, then I recommend prioritizing someone who needs Distant Counter and pass along Ruptured Sky to them at the same time. Ruptured Sky is not a huge improvement over Moonbow in most cases, so I do not think it is worth giving up Distant Counter for unless it is for scoring purposes.

Between Lucina and M!Morgan, either is fine, but I lean towards M!Morgan since he is a ranged unit and it is generally safer to use ranged units. Lucina is okay too, and if you can also give her Time's Pulse, she can more surely nail dragons with Effectiveness and Ruptured Sky trigger (assuming she doubles and got Desperation), although that is generally an overkill in most cases so it might not be necessary.

17 hours ago, Rinco said:

I recommend giving her just enough HP so she can Pulse all relevant allies. The only reason to max HP is if you want her to avoid BB!Fjorm who can stop units from using Assists. So if you do not see BB!Fjorm very often, maxing Silvia's HP would not really do anything.

I lean towards Firesweep and Life and Death so she can hurt Counter-Vantage units as much as possible. However, do adjust her skills as necessary to make sure she can Pulse every nuke and consider whether or not you need to max HP to be resist BB!Fjorm.

Edited by XRay