"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

How do I get Blazing Durandal Eff on Eliwood? Get Durandal -> Refine Blazing Durandal -> Blazing Durandal Eff?

Yes. It costs a total of 350 dew: 150 to get regular Blazing Durandal, then 200 to get its special refine.

17 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Got a +Def -Hp Lif in the Mythic banner and though I was intending to fodder him to someone as he is really good I want to keep him. However, I am not a big fan of his weapon so I want to make him a budget Duofonse to spam his special so I thought of this build to replace his weapon that I don't like so much and give him consistency. 

• Slaying Edge+ (Def) 
  • Reposition
  • Open the future
  • Distant Counter 
  • Deathly Balance 
  • Def Smoke 3
  • Steady stance 2

Does this look good should I use his base kit?

Won't you consider swapping his B skill for Special Spiral? That way you'd really spam his special.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yes. It costs a total of 350 dew: 150 to get regular Blazing Durandal, then 200 to get its special refine.

I see, Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Got a +Def -Hp Lif in the Mythic banner and though I was intending to fodder him to someone as he is really good I want to keep him. However, I am not a big fan of his weapon so I want to make him a budget Duofonse to spam his special so I thought of this build to replace his weapon that I don't like so much and give him consistency. 

• Slaying Edge+ (Def) 
  • Reposition
  • Open the future
  • Distant Counter 
  • Deathly Balance 
  • Def Smoke 3
  • Steady stance 2

As an enemy phase unit, it is mostly fine I think, but Quick Riposte needs to be on the Sacred Seal slot so he has enough damage output to kill stuff. Líf does not have the power to kill stuff in one shot consistently unless it is a nuke or something with low bulk. If you are able to give him 6/0/6/0 buffs or better consistently, he should be able to have enough damage output in that situation to kill things in one hit with some reliability, so then you can get away with Sturdy Stance on the Sacred Seal slot and give Quick Riposte to someone else.

RS!Alfonse is a dual phase unit, so if you want to emulate RS!Alfonse, you will want to use something else for the B and Sacred Seal. As @Rinco mentioned, Special Spiral will turn Líf into RS!Alfonse, although it is a bit expensive. Atk/Def Solo would be the ideal Sacred Seal in this situation, so it is just a matter of waiting for them to release it.

Edited by XRay

Would my L!Lucina be able to make good use of Lull Spd/Def? 

This is what I have so far, and I'm open to suggestions on what I can improve here.

Spoiler

1977827815_FireEmblemHeroes_2020-10-02-14-50-49.thumb.jpg.61b8448d31d0fcbff1142990c42b48d9.jpg

I know my setup isnt the most optimal, so please dont be to harsh! XD

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Would my L!Lucina be able to make good use of Lull Spd/Def? 

This is what I have so far, and I'm open to suggestions on what I can improve here.

Hide contents

1977827815_FireEmblemHeroes_2020-10-02-14-50-49.thumb.jpg.61b8448d31d0fcbff1142990c42b48d9.jpg

I know my setup isnt the most optimal, so please dont be to harsh! XD

I think a unit with Candlewax Bow, Fury 4, and Brazen Atk/Spd would much rather have Desperation in their B slot.

Just now, Othin said:

I think a unit with Candlewax Bow, Fury 4, and Brazen Atk/Spd would much rather have Desperation in their B slot.

I was hoping you wouldnt say that... I'm out of Shanna's!  I wanted to try something different since obviously Desperation is a good choice in most situations. Also consider that she has bonus double effect from L!Eliwood! Does that make a difference?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I was hoping you wouldnt say that... I'm out of Shanna's!  I wanted to try something different since obviously Desperation is a good choice in most situations. Also consider that she has bonus double effect from L!Eliwood! Does that make a difference?

Bonus Doubler effect is a good reason to make sure her allies can provide her Atk/Spd buffs, but she doesn't need to use her own skills for it.

Shanna is a common unit, I suggest just waiting for her to show up rather than burning valuable Lull fodder on a unit that wants Desperation more.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Bonus Doubler effect is a good reason to make sure her allies can provide her Atk/Spd buffs, but she doesn't need to use her own skills for it.

Shanna is a common unit, I suggest just waiting for her to show up rather than burning valuable Lull fodder on a unit that wants Desperation more.

Where do I get Atk/Spd link? Would be much better!

Funny thing is, I have 5 Claudes, all waiting to be foddered.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Atk_Spd_Link

Link skills aren't that good in general, there are easier ways to boost stats. Legendary Eliwood himself can boost all four to +6 with his base skills.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I assume you are using GA!Lucina manually yourself, and she is not being used by the AI on a defense team. If that is the case, I would also recommend waiting for Desperation. I do not think it is a good idea to slap random skills onto any unit just because you can. 

Link skills are good on a support unit, not combat unit. If you are using her in a player phase team, there is no point in giving her Atk/Spd Link since Dancers/Singers should already be providing her those buffs.

I do not recommend giving her Lull Spd/Def from Claude either. The issue with player phase units is not stats, it is their ability to maintain combat effectiveness without being knocked out by a counterattack. Without Desperation, GA!Lucina with double Fury simply is not going to last after one round of combat, maybe two or more if you are lucky where the enemy team does not have a lot of units with Distant Counter. And running a healer will not solve the issue either as GA!Lucina needs Desperation to take out certain tanks. Some tanks simply cannot be taken out in one shot with a full HP nuke because the tank hits too hard on the counterattack.

Also, for combat performance, I would not use Candlewax Bow either since it is pretty weak. I would stick with Brave Bow.

Calculator. Challenger List: Against Hard List. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Lucina (GA) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Candlewax Bow+  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Life and Death 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Weapon: Brave Bow+  
Special: Luna  

If you are building her for the AI to use on defense, Candlewax Bow is fine, but I would replace Brazen Atk/Spd with Swift Sparrow. You can give her Lull Spd/Def as well. On defense, survival does not matter since you will still get a successful defense whether you lose four units or no units as long as the player on offense loses.

Defense Team Player Phase:
+Spd
Candlewax Bow [Spd]
Future Vision
Moonbow
Fury
Lull Spd/Def — Wings of Mercy — Guard
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Swift Sparrow

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I assume you are using GA!Lucina manually yourself, and she is not being used by the AI on a defense team. If that is the case, I would also recommend waiting for Desperation. I do not think it is a good idea to slap random skills onto any unit just because you can. 

Link skills are good on a support unit, not combat unit. If you are using her in a player phase team, there is no point in giving her Atk/Spd Link since Dancers/Singers should already be providing her those buffs.

I do not recommend giving her Lull Spd/Def from Claude either. The issue with player phase units is not stats, it is their ability to maintain combat effectiveness without being knocked out by a counterattack. Without Desperation, GA!Lucina with double Fury simply is not going to last after one round of combat, maybe two or more if you are lucky where the enemy team does not have a lot of units with Distant Counter. And running a healer will not solve the issue either as GA!Lucina needs Desperation to take out certain tanks. Some tanks simply cannot be taken out in one shot with a full HP nuke because the tank hits too hard on the counterattack.

Also, for combat performance, I would not use Candlewax Bow either since it is pretty weak. I would stick with Brave Bow.

Calculator. Challenger List: Against Hard List. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Weapon: Candlewax Bow+  
Special: Moonbow  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Weapon: Brave Bow+  
Special: Luna  

If you are building her for the AI to use on defense, Candlewax Bow is fine, but I would replace Brazen Atk/Spd with Swift Sparrow. You can give her Lull Spd/Def as well. On defense, survival does not matter since you will still get a successful defense whether you lose four units or no units as long as the player on offense loses.

Defense Team Player Phase:
+Spd
Candlewax Bow [Spd]
Future Vision
Moonbow
Fury
Lull Spd/Def — Wings of Mercy — Guard
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Swift Sparrow

Well, I haven't really decided what I'm doing yet. 

I dont really have a concrete way to get buffs on.

My team on offence is L!Lucina, L!Eliwood, L!Azura, L,Celica, andB!Lucina/L!Chrom.

TBH, I'm using units that I enjoy using, not a godly competitive team. The idea is to maximise bonus on Lucina, obviously.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, SuperNova125 said:

• Slaying Edge+ (Def) 
  • Reposition
  • Open the future
  • Distant Counter 
  • Deathly Balance 
  • Def Smoke 3
  • Steady stance 2

Time's Pulse isn't a permanent special cooldown reduction like a Killer effect, but with Wo Dao and Time's Pulse, Open the Future will be a 2 cooldown at the start of Lif's turn if it's at its 3 cooldown charge. That is to say:

• Wo Dao+ (defense refine, inherited)
  • [Assist]
  • Open the Future (default)
  • Distant Counter (default)
  • Deadly Balance (default)
  • Time's Pulse (default)
  • Steady Posture 2? / Steady Stance 3 / Sturdy Stance 2 / flexible

This would be pretty cheap since all you would need to do is inherit Wo Dao+ from someone which is about a 20k feathers investment unless you have a spare 5* Athena, Karel, or Marisa lying around, learn it, and refine it. When Lif triggers Open the Future, Wo Dao would deal 10 damage on top of 50% of Lif's defense and restore his HP by 25% of the damage dealt. +Def Lif has 37 base defense, so on player phase without buffs, that's 18 damage (Open the Future) + 10 (Wo Dao). On enemy phase with Steady Stance 3 as his seal, 21 damage (Open the Future) + 10 (Wo Dao), or with Sturdy Stance 2, 20 damage (Open the Future) + 10 (Wo Dao).

The draw backs are as noted, it's not a permanent special cooldown reduction, so with Lif being a defense team, Open the Future would be at normal 3 cooldown until his turn, Flash/Witchy Wand, Pulse Smoke, or other special cooldown reset would bring it back to 3 cooldown until Lif's next turn, and it means his C passive is locked to Time's Pulse which you could consider as a selfish skill since it only benefits him unlike Def Smoke or whatever.

It's not an Alfonse & Sharena, Special Spiral build, but Slaying Edge, Wrath, and Time's Pulse would allow for charged Open the Future if he's in Wrath range. It's might not work well since Open the Future will heal him by 25% of the damage he deals.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I haven't really decided what I'm doing yet. 

I dont really have a concrete way to get buffs on.

My team on offence is L!Lucina, L!Eliwood, L!Azura, L,Celica, andB!Lucina/L!Chrom.

TBH, I'm using units that I enjoy using, not a godly competitive team. The idea is to maximise bonus on Lucina, obviously.

If you are not sure on what you want to do with her, then I do not recommend giving her any premium skills.

As for buffs, you do not need all buffs on all units all the time. You only need some buffs on some units some of the times. GA!Lucina, BK!Eliwood, and QOV!Celica only need Atk/Spd buffs, which VS!Azura should have no trouble providing. And they only need buffs if they are doing combat and getting Danced/Sung to.

VS!Azura can already provide 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs if you give her Atk Tactic. She can also be guaranteed to provide 5/5/5/5 bonus buffs with Earth Dance or Torrent Dance on the Sacred Seal slot if she is too far to provide Atk Tactic to an ally at the start of the turn. I use both Atk Tactic and Earth Dance on my VS!Azura. I recommend replacing BH!Lucina/CE!Chrom with Peony so you can use Tactics, and Peony herself is similar to VS!Azura and she is very good too.

Edited by XRay

@XRay Just checking, cause I notice it comes up pretty much any time a bow is brought up.
Aside from EP builds, is there any bow unit who doesn't want to use either Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow, aside from some select cases of preferring their Prf?

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are not sure on what you want to do with her, then I do not recommend giving her any premium skills.

As for buffs, you do not need all buffs on all units all the time. You only need some buffs on some units some of the times. GA!Lucina, BK!Eliwood, and QOV!Celica only need Atk/Spd buffs, which VS!Azura should have no trouble providing. And they only need buffs if they are doing combat and getting Danced/Sung to.

VS!Azura can already provide 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs if you give her Atk Tactic. She can also be guaranteed to provide 5/5/5/5 bonus buffs with Earth Dance or Torrent Dance on the Sacred Seal slot if she is too far to provide Atk Tactic to an ally at the start of the turn. I use both Atk Tactic and Earth Dance on my VS!Azura. I recommend replacing BH!Lucina/CE!Chrom with Peony so you can use Tactics, and Peony herself is similar to VS!Azura and she is very good too.

Yeah, that's why I haven't decided yet! 

I basically focus on offence as I dont have any hit takers on my current team. 

I dont usually have issues with atk tactics not working. Swift sparrow seal would be better on Lucina than Celica? Huh, that's a surprise. 

Would having a dancer with wings of mercy be effective then? 

Just now, Xenomata said:

@XRay Just checking, cause I notice it comes up pretty much any time a bow is brought up.
Aside from EP builds, is there any bow unit who doesn't want to use either Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow, aside from some select cases of preferring their Prf?

Besides Brave and Firesweep, the only other Weapon an archer may want is Slaying Bow for Blazing builds. Blazing builds are restricted to infantry and armor though due to Special Spiral, and Special Spiral is not cheap.

Candlewax Bow, Fishie Bow, Bouquet Bow, Coral Bow, etc. just do not have enough power or good enough effects to make them worth inheriting for regular use.

I think Helm Bow is the closest inheritable bow to Brave Bow in terms of performance for regular Desperation builds. For raw combat, it is a bit better than Brave Bow if the enemy is buffed, but if unbuffed, then Brave Bow is better. However, Helm Bow also has minor positioning requirements, and while it is not a major inconvenience in most cases, I still would not recommend it over Brave Bow. Sometimes you are forced into a corner and it simply is not possible to fight safely with no adjacent allies.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I basically focus on offence as I dont have any hit takers on my current team. 

I am using offense in a specific context. An offense team refers to a team being under player control. When you play Aether Raids or Arena, you are on offense. A defense team means that the AI is controlling the team.

A player phase team refers to a team that revolves around player phase combat. An enemy phase team refers to a team that revolves around enemy phase combat. GA!Lucina, BK!Eliwood, QOV!Celica, etc. are generally built as player phase units. Units like BH!Ike are generally built as an enemy phase unit. CE!Chrom is a dual phase unit since he is equally effective on both phases.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont usually have issues with atk tactics not working. Swift sparrow seal would be better on Lucina than Celica? Huh, that's a surprise. 

You have GA!Lucina, QOV!Celica, and BH!Lucina/CE!Chrom on your team. That is three infantry units. Atk Tactic would not work for those units.

Swift Sparrow is only good for GA!Lucina if she is under AI control. If you are using GA!Lucina manually, then you want to use Brazen Atk/Spd.

However, since both QOV!Celica and GA!Lucina want Brazen Atk/Spd, one of them will have to take Swift Sparrow.

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Would having a dancer with wings of mercy be effective then? 

Yes. You want all your Dancers/Singers to have Wings of Mercy. You will want to switch Wings of Mercy out on occasion, but I recommend keeping Wings of Mercy as their default B slot skill.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Besides Brave and Firesweep, the only other Weapon an archer may want is Slaying Bow for Blazing builds. Blazing builds are restricted to infantry and armor though due to Special Spiral, and Special Spiral is not cheap.

Candlewax Bow, Fishie Bow, Bouquet Bow, Coral Bow, etc. just do not have enough power or good enough effects to make them worth inheriting for regular use.

I think Helm Bow is the closest inheritable bow to Brave Bow in terms of performance for regular Desperation builds. For raw combat, it is a bit better than Brave Bow if the enemy is buffed, but if unbuffed, then Brave Bow is better. However, Helm Bow also has minor positioning requirements, and while it is not a major inconvenience in most cases, I still would not recommend it over Brave Bow. Sometimes you are forced into a corner and it simply is not possible to fight safely with no adjacent allies.

I am using offense in a specific context. An offense team refers to a team being under player control. When you play Aether Raids or Arena, you are on offense. A defense team means that the AI is controlling the team.

A player phase team refers to a team that revolves around player phase combat. An enemy phase team refers to a team that revolves around enemy phase combat. GA!Lucina, BK!Eliwood, QOV!Celica, etc. are generally built as player phase units. Units like BH!Ike are generally built as an enemy phase unit. CE!Chrom is a dual phase unit since he is equally effective on both phases.

You have GA!Lucina, QOV!Celica, and BH!Lucina/CE!Chrom on your team. That is three infantry units. Atk Tactic would not work for those units.

Swift Sparrow is only good for GA!Lucina if she is under AI control. If you are using GA!Lucina manually, then you want to use Brazen Atk/Spd.

However, since both QOV!Celica and GA!Lucina want Brazen Atk/Spd, one of them will have to take Swift Sparrow.

Yes. You want all your Dancers/Singers to have Wings of Mercy. You will want to switch Wings of Mercy out on occasion, but I recommend keeping Wings of Mercy as their default B slot skill.

Thats...  alot to take in. 

Well, I'm not really into the whole uber competitive thing usually, so I'm just doing new things for fun.

Right, I realised I swapped Chrom out a while ago. Harmonic Mia took his place. 

Spoiler

1671982450_FireEmblemHeroes_2020-10-02-21-01-42.thumb.jpg.61b44986b482e1bc1cdf3c277110baa1.jpg

My current team, at the moment.

Is there a better option for better synergy, then? From experience, my team functions pretty well, I think?

Edited by lightcosmo

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there a better option for better synergy, then? From experience, my team functions pretty well, I think?

Should be fine for now, but I would I run an extra Dancer/Singer if you want an easier time. Having two Dancers/Singers opens up a lot more options.

I would also diversify your nukes a bit more. I would replace BK!Eliwood with regular Eliwood so you have a Galeforcer on the team. You may also want to consider investing in a colorless Firesweep archer in the future.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Should be fine for now, but I would I run an extra Dancer/Singer if you want an easier time. Having two Dancers/Singers opens up a lot more options.

I would also diversify your nukes a bit more. I would replace BK!Eliwood with regular Eliwood so you have a Galeforcer on the team. You may also want to consider investing in a colorless Firesweep archer in the future.

Yeah, I know it does, but I personally dont find much fun in using 2 dancers. Like i know it's the optimal strategy, but to me, that's not always fun.

Like SK!Alm with firesweep/brave setup is probably best, but I'm not one that wants to go with the most reliable options all the time. 

I'm not all "oh I have to win at any cost!" 

I'm really just here to enjoy it. That's why I'm okay sitting at tier 18. Getting too competitive just isnt for me, I've been there and didn't like myself there.

Thst being said, is there a reason Eli would replace the legendary version? If that were the case, wouldnt Roy be a better choice for galeforce?

Thst being said, is there a reason Eli would replace the legendary version?

BK!Eliwood does not have Heavy Blade effect on his Weapon, so he is not very suitable for Galeforce. BK!Eliwood is primarily a support unit, not a combat unit.

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If that were the case, wouldnt Roy be a better choice for galeforce?

BH!Roy is better, but Eliwood is cheaper and easier to merge. Eliwood +Spd +10 with Resplendent stats has 39 Spd. BH!Roy with +Spd needs to be at least +4 to have 39 Spd or higher.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

In the case of prfs, many of them are Brave, Firesweep, or Killer Bows.

Gordin, Klein, and legendary Leif all have prf Brave Bows where Gordin's inflicts Atk/Def-4 on foes within 2 spaces of him in combat, Klein has a speed prf Brave Bow with Chill Def 3 as its unique refinement, and legendary Leif has the Meister-style of Brave weapons that can Brave on enemy phase along with its weird player's hands-only follow-up denial effect.

Firesweep Bow has Clarisse and Eleonora are the closest since Clarisse's Sniper's Bow and Eleonora's Mirage Longbow aren't true Firesweep Bows in the sense of working as long as Null C-Disrupt is not in play. Clarisse needs to pick the unique refinement for a HP and support partner's position dependent Firesweep effect while Eleonora needs to be faster than her foes which is beginning to become a problem with only 37 base neutral speed and even with a +Spd superasset. Clarisse also is an archer and much cheaper version of Jaffar since Sniper's Bow and Deathly Dagger, especially refined Deathly Dagger, inflicts out of combat damage. Her Firesweep effect works on all types of units, but is more finicky compared to Jaffar's only working on mages.

Killer Bow has CYL Claude, Igrene, Jorge, Leon, Niles, Rebecca, and Shinon. CYL Claude is the only-non infantry or armor archer, so he cannot run a Special Spiral build, but he, Jorge, and Shinon can also double as enemy phase units with how their bows work; CYL Claude has sustain, Jorge's Daniel-Made Bow's in-combat debuff works at all times unlike legendary Chrom's Randgridr requiring he fights foes at full health in return for also debuffing defense and neutralizing penalties on him, and Shinon's Double Bow has Spectrum Close Counter Solo. Niles and Rebecca don't have the highest attack compared to the others.

The noteworthy player phase bows that don't have a Brave, Firesweep, or Killer effect would be legendary Alm's Luna Arc, Bernadetta's Persecution Bow, and legendary Chrom's Randgridr. Luna Arc allows legendary Alm to deal damage, but if I recall correctly, it still falls off compared to Brave Bow at a certain point, Bernadetta's Persecution Bow has a more lenient Desperation effect that also grants her Atk/Spd+5 when she's not at full health or has a debuff on her, and while he needs to fight foes at full health to inflict Atk/Def-6 and neutralize penalties on him, the combined effects of Randgridr and legendary Chrom's stats can let him player phase by simply hitting freaking hard.

For enemy phase, support, or more specialized prf bows, Faye's unique refined Bow of Devotion specializes her as tank against ranged units with its Distant Spectrum and Quick Riposte 5, Jeorge's unique refined Parthia specializes him into being an anti-ranged unit by stacking attack and using Vantage at low health, you could do turn 3 shenanigans with multiple fallen Takumi and his Skadi, and Virion's Dignified Bow has Sudden Panic 3 which is worth it enough to just 5* Virion, have him learn it, and slap HP+5 or whatever to make him a Sudden Panic bot. Setsuna's Yumi does specialize her into being an anti-range unit and she can neutralize attack and speed penalties, but her bulk isn't as great as Faye's and could have slightly less attack without a field buff than Jeorge in return for being faster and more flexible her unique refinement works on non-ranged units as well.

Everything else falls under it's just a prf. At best, they function and that's fine; at worst, they're for scoring. We don't have a -blade Bow, a Blizzard bow, or even a prf Short Bow which probably would end up also being a Killer Bow as well, but a Killer effect and +10 damage when triggering a special would be pretty good paired with Special Spiral provided the unit is an infantry or even an armor unit or isn't, but has it as well like Dark Mystletainn having a Killer effect and Special Spiral. Unique refined Mulagir which also brings to mind Gratia as both have Dull Ranged 3 are neat in being able to neutralize field buffs on ranged foes, but for CYL Lyn, her defenses even with the unique refinement's speed check for Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 wouldn't be as high as another unit whose stats are more enemy phase while Gratia only has Dull Ranged which for an anti-ranged unit, Distant Def 4 would do the same thing, except only on enemy phase in return for freeing up the archer's B passive and granting Def/Res+8 against ranged units.

With inheritable bows, I guess Budding Bow could be good for player phase with its Sturdy Blow 2 and follow-up denial in select cases. Except, I can't really think of any since we don't have a 3* to 4* archer with very high base neutral attack (+40) or an archer with a guaranteed follow-up effect that makes me think of Galeforce units like Eliwood, regular Tibarn, or CYL Roy where the follow-up denial is to make sure they don't die from a second counterattack if they fail to ORKO their target.

Fiddlestick Bow (Close Guard 3), Fortune Bow (Sabotage Def/Res), and Kabura Ya (Chill Spd 3) would be good for support. The only problem is that you'd likely want those bows on a refresh unit and there's only two currently: soiree Nephenee and Lightfoot Quan. Neither of them have the resistance really for Fortune Bow. We also don't have a mythic archer where if you don't find their prf or them useful or are using two copies of them that giving them an inheritable support bow might be useful. A Distant Guard bow would be nice.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Candlewax Bow

They're the only bow refresh units unless I forgot someone, but I could see soiree Nephenee and Lightfoot Quan being able to use Candlewax Bow to stack stats to draw Chills or Chill-like effects. Neutral soiree Nephenee has 37 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res. With Candlewax Bow+, she would have 37 HP, 50 Atk, 39 Spd, 28 Def, and 27 Res. For pure attack and speed Chill soaking, L&D3 would bring her up to 55 Atk and 44 Spd. A speed refinement would bring her up to 46 Spd. Fury would be less effective at soaking attack and speed debuffs and might not be enough to help with drawing defense and resistance debuffs. Fortress Def/Res 3 would worsen her ability to draw attack debuffs, but she might be able to get away with drawing speed, defense, and resistance debuffs; Fortress Def/Res 3 would give her 48 Atk, 39 Spd, 34 Def, and 33 Res and add the appropriate stat boost with whatever refinement the player feels like.

Lightfoot Quan has 40 HP, 41 Atk, 20 Spd, 36 Def, and 20 Res. A bit of a shame that he is a blue bow instead of a colorless archer since he has the highest attack of all flying archers and with Rein skills being a thing, Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3/4, and Atk/Def Rein 3 would be pretty chaotic and fun, but I digress. His high attack and defense would work well to draw attack and defense debuffs to him. With Candlewax Bow+, he would have 40 HP, 56 Atk, 23 Spd, 39 Def, and 23 Res. Fury would make him a bigger attack debuff target while improving his defense and a bit of resistance. Fortress Def/Res 3 would hurt his ability to draw attack debuffs, but he could get to a point where he would be able to draw resistance debuffs as well; Fortress Def/Res 3 gives him 54 Atk, 45 Def, and 29 Res. With a resistance refinement, he would have 32 Res which while not the highest resistance, could still work.

The problem is that both are seasonal, so it would not be easy to merge them like the other 3* to 4* refresh units for even more stats. Kabura Ya would be simpler with its Chill Spd 3 while neither of them have the resistance to make good use of Fortune Bow's Sabotage Def/Res.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Fishie Bow

Fishie Bow+ being an inheritable bow does mean it has 12 Mt without an attack refinement, but it does free up the B slot for archers. For cavalry and infantry archers, that means they could have both Desperation and Lull Spd/Def and flying archers could have Desperation and Spd/Def Rein. In the case of cavalry, Bernadetta already does this with her Persecution Bow being an example of a prf bow with Desperation built-in and her offenses are currently the highest tied with Sue who is a green bow cavalry and without a prf bow. If Persecution Bow were like Talregan Axe with its no HP requirement Desperation and Swift Sparrow 2.9, Bernadetta would be even crazier since she would only need to initiate instead of needing to have a debuff or not be at full health.

Got 2 copies of Julian from this legendary banner, one came up +attack -HP which i'm 100% going to keep.

So the 2nd one i'm just going to fodder, the thing is I don't have anyone that can use that close foil skill. But I do have several units lined up who would love that lull skill. All melees. But in this case that close foil will end up going to waste.

So my question is, since close foil is such rare fodder, should I wait until I get someone who can use it. Or just fodder that lull skill on its own. If it helps, the characters I have lined up would benefit from it are brave Eliwood (+4 merge, +speed IV) Petrine who I plan on making a merge project out of once shes available for grails

Edited by Faellin