Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

My only tank is a lancer.... an armored tank.... i cant get her to tank a magic attack and a sword attack and expect her to run away from narcian before he completely murders here... what can i do in this situation on hard mode?

The team is a level 33 Fae, 33 Gwendlin, 34 Lyn, and 37 Takumi. Am i gonna have to grind more? or is there a character i should be replacing?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thany said:

My only tank is a lancer.... an armored tank.... i cant get her to tank a magic attack and a sword attack and expect her to run away from narcian before he completely murders here... what can i do in this situation on hard mode?

The team is a level 33 Fae, 33 Gwendlin, 34 Lyn, and 37 Takumi. Am i gonna have to grind more? or is there a character i should be replacing?

I would advise a blue unit with good resistances in place of Gwendolyn. They would be a good unit to take the initial damage from the red fighter and blue magic cav.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I would advise a blue unit with good resistances in place of Gwendolyn. They would be a good unit to take the initial damage from the red fighter and blue magic cav.

Well the only blue unit who looks to have good resistance is..... Able....

boy looks like i have alot of work to do >.>

21 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I have a trained Est, Roy, Cecilia and Jeorge. (Roy is Five Stars, the rest Four Stars) 

Some of them work for this level or not? 

Est, not so much. This map is very disadvantageous for her. Narcian has the Emerald Axe so she'll likely die if not from him but his two cavalry (if she managed to kill the Archer). Do you have other units to replace her?

18 minutes ago, Thany said:

Now I don't know how AI prioritizes going for targets of certain distances but see about doing this:

1) Have a unit be directly south of Narcian (whoever's the best at confronting him)

2) Have Gwendolyn tank the first square

3) Fae has Drag Back/Gwendolyn runs 

If her Resistance is good enough, this at least help with tanking the first square IF Narcian prioritizes going after the closest unit.

Otherwise, your other post mentions having Abel. Try raising him. Swordbreaker at the least can be helpful here.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Almost forgot I had a 4* Fae as well. She'll be able to tank that blue bastard of a mage ( who keeps killing my Luci ) and Draw Back units. >:) Better start training her...

I did it on Hard by having my 4 star F!Corrin tank the hit from the horse mage and the sword guy, then retreating (since that put her at about 6 HP remaining) and had my 5 star Cordelia finish off the sword guy.  Then baited Narcian into coming down and he was easily one-rounded by Lucina.  Then just waiting for the bow guy and the blue horse mage to come down the path all nicely lined up.  Cordelia made short work of them.

I'm starting to wonder if Narcian is even worth getting. Compared to a 5* Camilla, how does he stack up? I'm asking this because I am having major problems with grinding my units up properly, because some are below lv 10 and others are above 20, so I have to fill in with other units, and most of the time in the training tower the maps I get are geared against the units I actually want to level! I've been trying to get Sharena as good as I can (she's a 3* now) so she can rally Camilla on the map. And if I train Fae/Tiki up as well (they're already around lv 20) my team should be about set, I think. But again, is Narcian even worth all of this?

EDIT: Just checked, the map has cavalry units in it. Raigh and his cavalry-effective tome would be REALLY handy, and he has Rally Attack too. So he's a better bet than Sharena, right?

Edited by sdgj1994
Checked for cavalry units in map

Loves the difficulty, hate the Stamina drain. It was an awesome fight, but now I have no stamina to do anything else.

Ended up using Abel, Takumi, and Camilla on the map, with Sheena using Rally Attack.

Edited by Alpha Wolves

3 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Narcian is even worth getting. Compared to a 5* Camilla, how does he stack up? I'm asking this because I am having major problems with grinding my units up properly, because some are below lv 10 and others are above 20, so I have to fill in with other units, and most of the time in the training tower the maps I get are geared against the units I actually want to level! I've been trying to get Sharena as good as I can (she's a 3* now) so she can rally Camilla on the map. And if I train Fae/Tiki up as well (they're already around lv 20) my team should be about set, I think. But again, is Narcian even worth all of this?

i dont think we know yet. if we are to just get him today, we dont know what his 5 star attire looks like yet. he could be very well worth it. we just have to see.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

i dont think we know yet. if we are to just get him today, we dont know what his 5 star attire looks like yet. he could be very well worth it. we just have to see.

Okay, I'm going to keep at it for now, but I'm out of stamina on my game so it will have to wait till later. But I think Raigh is a better unit to use here over Sharena. So him, Tiki, Lyn and Camilla, I'm thinking. Hope it works out...

Finally beat the normal with l23 5* roy, l22 5* takumi and lvl21 4* camila and lvl21 4* lissa

takumi managed to surive the archer and swordsman attack because the archer only singles him

Edited by flare9

1 minute ago, sdgj1994 said:

Okay, I'm going to keep at it for now, but I'm out of stamina on my game so it will have to wait till later. But I think Raigh is a better unit to use here over Sharena. So him, Tiki, Lyn and Camilla, I'm thinking. Hope it works out...

Replace Lyn with Sheena (any rank and level) and replace Tiki with an archer (any archer will do). The map all but assures that you will get hit 2-3 times if you're using Infantry, so do not use them as your main offense.

Camilla can kill the bow user in 1 go, reteat and get buffed by Sheera, thenattack to KO the general. If you have Abel, use him to KO the sword while tanking magic.

Narceas is a 100% Lance Killer. Emerald Axe and Lance Breaker, you cant afford to use offensiveblue units this map.

1 minute ago, Alpha Wolves said:

Replace Lyn with Sheena (any rank and level) and replace Tiki with an archer (any archer will do). The map all but assures that you will get hit 2-3 times if you're using Infantry, so do not use them as your main offense.

Camilla can kill the bow user in 1 go, reteat and get buffed by Sheera, thenattack to KO the general. If you have Abel, use him to KO the sword while tanking magic.

Narceas is a 100% Lance Killer. Emerald Axe and Lance Breaker, you cant afford to use offensiveblue units this map.

Do you mean Sharena? If not then I don't have them. Only archers I have are a 3* Niles and a 2* Virion (but he's had a unit merged with him) and I haven't really trained either. I don't have Abel. I'm just trying to work with what I have here.

Sorry, still getting used to their names, but yes. Level 1 2-star will be more than enough for this, she will not be attacking.

If Raigh is enough to tank 2 magic users and not agro Nars, then use him. Otherwise, get a good Calvary Lancer with high Res. If he can KO the red swordsman, he can KO the mages solo.

If you have rally Res, or Fortify Cavalry, or Fortify Res, give ir to yoyr blue lancer, he ia going to need it.

2 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

I'm pressed to say to try Cecilia first. She can Rally Res Sharena to tank the first square. From there, you need to back up and be able to pick them off from there. The first big obstacle is just surviving that first square as an all ground team.

Beat Normal after replacing Serra with Cecilia. Res-buffed (16 grand Res, girl, you suck) Sharena tanked the blue mage cavalier and counterkilled the sword fighter, Lilina and Lyn did the rest.

BD2vijT.jpg

Hard will be a massacre, haha.

I'll need someone who can't counter from range/is durable enough to not give a fuck for hard, probably--- Ryoma and Takumi both only have middling defenses and bullshit high offense, so they'll just keep on taking out all the ranged enemies and then they die (Ryo also just hate the swordbreaker blue guy, fuck that guy). I'll probably just go take Normal for now with sheer stat dominance or something.

My current main team is: 5★ Lyn, 5★ Cordelia, 5★ Roy, and 3★ Arthur. All of them are level 30. I don't think Cordelia will be able to deal with the Archer and survive being mobbed by Narcian and the Mages. Do you think I should try the level now or save my Stamina to level this team or my other units? 

My units who aren't part of my main team are:

5★ Camilla (Level 14)

5★ Jakob (Level 2)

4★ Alfonse (Level 16)

4★ Lon'qu (Level 1)

4★ Palla (Level 1)

4★ Sharena (Level 16)

4★ Robin (Level 21)

4★ Odin (Level 21)

4★ Anna (Level 16)

4★ Gunter (Level 6)

4★ Felicia (Level 23+1)

4★ Serra (Level 4)

3★ Fir (Level 1)

3★ Hana (Level 1)

3★ Selena (Level 8+1)

3★ Draug (Level 1)

3★ Adult!Tiki (Level 16+1)

3★ Donnel (Level 5)

3★ Oboro (Level 9)

3★ Shanna (Level 15+1)

3★ Frederick (Level 1)

3★ Niles (Level 10)

3★ Matthew (Level 21+1)

2★ Raigh (Level 14)

2★ Sophia (Level 6)

2★ Tsubaki (Level 1)

2★ Cecilia (Level 1)

2★ Virion (Level 11+1)

2★ Lissa (Level 1)

Beat it on Hard with Effie, Lucina (both 40), Maria (35, irrelevant, she just heals), and Fae (24, irrelevant, she just uses draw back to reposition effie). 

I'm leveling him right now, he's already 3* so here are my thoughts. I'm disappointed by his Def, I thought he was going tanky like Beruka or Cherche, but finally he is a bit squishy (and his HP are low) and doesn't deal a lot of damage for a Wyvern rider. He's rather fast though.

That being said, he seems to be an amazing unit against lance-users, and even blue tome-users in a lesser extent. With the sapphire axe and Lancebreaker, he should easily take care of them without taking too much damage. However, there is a contradiction between Lancebreaker that procs when he's above a certain percentage of his HP and Vengeance. So he may get a place in a non-generic team, a team whose you know that it will fight lance-users, or designed for a particular map.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Well, it looks that I'm doomed into getting Narcian.

I don't have enought time to play, and my best character is a lv23 Takumi, followed by lv23 Lyn... The other two are a bad Res lv21 Robin and lv22 Shanna

Bye Narcian, I don't think I'm going to be able to have you D;

... But, yesterday I try to get Oboro again, but I got a 4* Subaki and 4* Abel... Did one of them could be useful? Since I read a previous comment mentioning Abel

I managed to beat Normal with Lyn (34), Robin (33), Alfonse (30) and Sharena (29). Hard mode is pretty bitch with the same team, I don't have Camilla but I have Cherche so maybe I can switch Alfonse for her and see if she can tank the blue cav with @Raven strat.

Managed to beat Hard after a couple of tries. I unknowingly used a strategy similar to @Raven, tho my team is more budet-y (4* Robin and Frederick) so the end result is not so pretty.

9U20r4Ql.png

Alternative method I could think off is if you have Camilla you can just attack from the mountain, starting from the Archer, then kill off what she could and retreat. The enemy should then be lured to come at you.