Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, ignis_z said:

Im using 2 héroes Zephyr and Soren and un winng same points than using only 1 It is normal? Its engouh to using 1?

Yes, a single bonus unit is sufficient.

The metagame if all four contributed would be... interesting.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol putting Anna on my Defense team is seriously affecting my Defense wins. I've gotten a win with my usual setup, but Anna meng.

4798 is rank 1864 in Tier 15 right now. I wonder if I'll fall out of 5k. If only I could have gotten two more points...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

May I really like all these maps with defensive terrain. It's been super easy to get wins on them this season. Hopefully they stick around for the next season too.

Yeah. The map I consider hard is probably the bridge map with the terrains in the middle. Depends on who I matched against tho. Dancer opponent is definitely trouble there.

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

May I really like all these maps with defensive terrain. It's been super easy to get wins on them this season. Hopefully they stick around for the next season too.

They'll probably alternate it or something.

Regular maps now, defensive maps next season

Got a respectable score of 4,770 and currently ranked 3,648 in tier 15. I have little qualms with this score and hope to move up one rank

S60udEk.jpg

Since I'm using a 4* star anna I'm very happy with this score. Saving my feathers to get Alfonse to 5* incase I don't get one of the new banner units. All units have skills in all slots and assist skills. Arena meta is probably gonna shift a bit since the extra defence is quite significant. I'm expecting infantry units with speed of around 33 to rise since all they need is some support to make sure they won't get doubled whilst they can make a lot out of the terrain effects. Class cannons such as Linde are probably A+ tier as opposed to S-Tier since they now miss out some crucial 1 round KOs. Personally love this update and excited what new maps we're getting and how terrain and non-terrain maps will mesh. 

Edited by Galactaray

So thanks to the new defense scoring system, I've been struggling to get a defense victory with Zephiel on the team for the bonus points.

So earlier I decided to just throw him in with 2 other swordies and Ninian and I have a defense win now, against a swordbreaker Ike lead no less. I don't really get it but I'm not complaining.

Got a score of 4788, which gives me rank 2843 at the moment. Hoping that score will let me advance two tiers, although that would pretty much gurante I'd drop a tier next week. I might try to fish for 688 battles to improve my score though, as I have those duel swords hanging around anyway. Team was Hector, Reinhard, Ike and Takumi.

Also got a defence win with a team of all ranged units (Nino, Reinhard, Klein and Takumi) only a few hours after the season started. I'd think these new maps would make it easier to deal with them, but I'm not complaining.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

So thanks to the new defense scoring system, I've been struggling to get a defense victory with Zephiel on the team for the bonus points.

So earlier I decided to just throw him in with 2 other swordies and Ninian and I have a defense win now, against a swordbreaker Ike lead no less. I don't really get it but I'm not complaining.

If you put a Hero of the season in defense gives more points? I got 4 stars Zephiel. I got a defence vs a level 24, is It possible? 500 feather.

7 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

If you put a Hero of the season in defense gives more points? I got 4 stars Zephiel. I got a defence vs a level 24, is It possible? 500 feather.

Since the update, yes. A bonus hero on defence doubles your points.

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Since the update, yes. A bonus hero on defence doubles your points.

Oh thanks, i got a defence with Ninian Ryoma Nino Gordin, ill change Nino for soren and pray because defense is so so so dificult. The guy who atacked me has a Linde level 24 its posible that a player with level 24 can atack me? im rank 13

Just now, ignis_z said:

The guy who atacked me has a Linde level 24 its posible that a player with level 24 can atack me?

It shows the leader of the defence team. They could have attacked you with whatever.

I'm really happy I was able to get a new personal score of 4828, at best I was around the 4600 during the last few seasons of arena.

Also I noticed I got a lot of defense wins using DC on 3 units and having reposition, pivot and smite on my units, it seems terrain really benefits this type of teams.

Edited by Alexmender

It would be interesting to tally up the numbers of people in different tiers. The tier size estimates I made were based on a lowball estimate of 100k players in Tier 7+, but it looks like it should turn out to be a lot more than that, which should lead to a proportional increase in tier sizes.

I'm in Tier 15, which currently has 59,936 players. I think that's probably the largest tier, but still, that's most of the way to 100k already. The above post shows over 15k players in Tier 9: if we round Tier 15 to 60k players and assume at least 15k players in Tiers 9-14, that's already a minimum of 150k players, and that's probably another lowball.

Finally reached 4'800 points. And I feel that I deserved them, given what I had to put up with. Dealing with multiple Ward Armors gave me a headache, the four clones were swapping like they were having a pogo contest, and one of them even had a G Tomebreaker. Bless Titania and her Reciprocal Aid, it's invaluable in situations like these.

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

Edited by chirp

Kinda wish Defense feathers went to 1000 with a 501+ score, ah well.

I think the Oasis map is my new favorite, it's really easy to clog the AI along a side and let them suicide against your favorite wall. Defense tiles are amazing.

4754 (deathless) is currently rank 5285 in Tier 15.

I feel like I lucked out with my matches this week.  The only one that gave me trouble was a Vantage+Ignis Hector that killed my Ryoma.  Tbh, I didn't really pay attention to the new terrain at all, so maybe that made a difference there.  Oh well. 

Team: Azura, Ryoma, Reinhardt, 4* Clarine.